Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. (23683 Views)

Prophet T.O Obadare Buried In Osun / Obadare Died After Three-day Revival Programme – Church / Prophet T O Obadare Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by niytej(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
abduldope: GOLD shocked WTF!!!! Na me go 1st DiG am commot... Cus pple de wen na OdinaRY wooD dem use 4 dem.. grin so no offense if i carve wooD replace am cheesy tongue
hey oleh!!! shocked ain't u afraid of obadare ghost chasin' u at nyt and hav no rest of mind? undecided grin cheesy
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by tosene: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2013
Vanity upon vanity. Everything is vanity
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2013
ORGANIZED RELIGION IS A HUGE SHAM AND FULL OF HYPOCRISY....VANITY UPON VANITY!
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by tjfulloption(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
undecided kaaaaaaaaaaai, walahi inu n runmi gaaaaan! undecided
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by kinguwem: 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2013
idnoble135: Some one need to tell this folks that the man didnt make the decision. The people chose to honour him. Its like if a relative dies, you could just bury him with about six people in attendance. But if he is dear to you and impacted you, whats wrong if you decide to honour him by "celebrating" his home going. To me, i would not consider the idea of gold casket, cos i dont really know much about him and his impact. But let the people be, even if they want to bury him in jupiter, is it your money? ITK worries some folks here.
Some people shall be levied to generate the money. Others will sow seed & make sacrifices for Papa to be given a befitting burial. At the end of the day the burial committee shall declare profit for the church. I hope they are really christians because Jesus said, 'let the dead bury the dead'.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by andyzoga: 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
Jaytee1985: Instead of wasting such a huge amount of money on casket,why not take that money to motherless home as part of ur contribution towards the welfare of the hopeless people and ur father will be rewarded.
sometimes,I laugh at you people's ignorance. If you're to be honest,how many times have you in your own little way visited an orphanage? Many of you come here to write rubbish about those whom you think are rich by stealing your inheritance. I bet you,the genuinely rich ones give to charity more than the poor and that most times is what makes the difference. Baba Obadare and his family have served God and He has truly blessed them,therefore leave them to honour him their own way. After all, you've not been asked to contribute a dime. We all have equal opportunities,you can use yours too.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by bankyblue(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
Yemotiroro: I marvel at the level of ignorance displayed by a lot of us sometimes. I am sure most of you talking down on Prophet Obadare have no clue who he was or how great his contributions were. If you knew you would think the 30,000USD was not worth anything near what he deserved. Or have we become more righteous than the Lord himself who rebuked Judas for thinking like a lot of you when he (Judas) lamented the 'wastefulness' of the woman who broke the alabaster box of very expensive perfume which she poured on his feet and wiped with her hair? Let's stop this poverty advocacy. Learn what money and value mean.

I get ur point, but to compare it with the one use in MJ's burial is wrong.
Simplicity is the watch word we re talking about here.
We re Christian, meaning christ-like, that woman is not a christian bro
And she felt that is the best way she can get to Jesus. But obadera son know
The bible well and what they re about to do is wrong.
Or dose the money they re about to use falls from heave?
Is it not the proceed from all CAC church under him?
Even though if there re other Donor to the church for his burial. Must it be wasted like that? Shouldn't
That money be use more for evangelism? And that is even what BABA stand for.
He pains me much because am a CAC member.

So u miss that point.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by dipo1: 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
Micheal Jackson and Whitney were not exactly 'Men of God' like the apostle was. Fortunes could be spent upholding values he stood for (probably evangelism) instead of following the way of 'mere'pop-stars
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by andyzoga: 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
kinguwem: Some people shall be levied to generate the money. Others will sow seed & make sacrifices for Papa to be given a befitting burial. At the end of the day the burial committee shall declare profit for the church. I hope they are really christians because Jesus said, 'let the dead bury the dead'.

Even the devil recognises baba Obadare as an Apostle of Jesus Christ! Men of God don't die,they only transcend. Mind you, the family isn't poor,so is the church of God. He deserves d honour. After all, you political thieves forcibly spend more than that of your tax and you don't complain.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by bankyblue(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
andyzoga: sometimes,I laugh at you people's ignorance. If you're to be honest,how many times have you in your own little way visited an orphanage? Many of you come here to write rubbish about those whom you think are rich by stealing your inheritance. I bet you,the genuinely rich ones give to charity more than the poor and that most times is what makes the difference. Baba Obadare and his family have served God and He has truly blessed them,therefore leave them to honour him their own way. After all, you've not been asked to contribute a dime. We all have equal opportunities,you can use yours too.

Why come online and post like a low life?
Why say people come online to write rubbish?
The fact must be told and if u re not please with it, jump the gallow, so
That we can bury u with him.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by bankyblue(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
dipo+:
Micheal Jackson and Whitney were not exactly 'Men of God' like the apostle was. Fortunes could be spent upholding values he stood for (probably evangelism) instead of following the way of 'mere'pop-stars

God bless u bro, u re on point. Some low life refuse the truth
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by dreu2fine(m): 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
Na waooo,even if e is alive to c wat is bn done ,e wud not alow it?
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Kaymisola(f): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by hayordele1: 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
INNO18: I'm surprised and kindda amazed that a 'Man of God' would be buried in a Gold Casket. What did his Bible tell him about life after death? His family members should pray that his soul is welcomed into heaven and not waste money on vanity... No matter your standing on earth... You're a NOBODY once dead! BTW i'm FTC
Then what's your business in it?,GOD already put a place for him there,His family knws wat is best for him,its nt everyone's problem
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by hayordele1: 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
Troynow: This is sad. And dey claim to be xtians? Dey hv no iota of understanding of d bible dey claim to preach. Dnt dey know dat our bodies r just outer coverings and dat d real you is ur spirit? Hw does burying his dead covering honour him? Is he aware of it? If he has done well in xtianity, is going to heaven not d real honour? Bunch of fools and thieves leading churches.
Please who are the thieves?,His family isn't poor nd u cant tell them wat 2 do b4 they knw wat 2 do,afterall they aren't no b ur money nd it's nt even their church tithes,xo dnt talk anyhow,HE DESERVES THE RESPECT
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by hikmoj(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by hikmoj(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
So d angels wil rejoice at d golden casket &open d gate of paradise 4 him ?
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by nmaihat: 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
They are making the burial sound like a jamboree 'gold plated casket, transparent ambulance'. I ddn't know the man in question, but it appears he must have been a spirit filled MOG (going by the way he is being extolled) not a celebrity, I'm sure if he was around to decided he wouldn't approve of the waste of funds since it isn't a 1st class ticket to heaven. What made it worse is that this fact was made known at a press conference like he is a celebrity not a MOG! Maybe if they had done all that without announcing it nobody wld hv said anything. But the celebrity spirit cldnt be contained, they had to let us knw dat they were spending huge sum on their father's burial. I wonder who they are showing off to!undecided
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by edicha80: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
A gold-plated casket can't save his soul or the soul of any of us for that matter.I can't understand how burying a lifeless body in a golden casket a way of honouring someone...

SOURCE: www.punchng.com/news/obadare-to-be-buried-in-gold-plated-casket/[/quote]
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by kinguwem: 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
idnoble135: Some one need to tell this folks that the man didnt make the decision. The people chose to honour him. Its like if a relative dies, you could just bury him with about six people in attendance. But if he is dear to you and impacted you, whats wrong if you decide to honour him by "celebrating" his home going. To me, i would not consider the idea of gold casket, cos i dont really know much about him and his impact. But let the people be, even if they want to bury him in jupiter, is it your money? ITK worries some folks here.
Some people shall be levied to generate the money. Others will sow seed & make sacrifices for Papa to be given a befitting burial. At the end of the day the burial committee shall declare profit for the church. I hope they are really christians because Jesus said, 'let the dead bury the dead'. That statement is food for thought.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by mekano1980: 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
Medicine after death,whether they use Diamond it's not what God is asking for.Emulate Muslims.What does it profit a man if gain the whole thing on earth and loose ur soul in HELL FIRE[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by dan6019(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
Have you not read it in the scriptures how the most expensive oil was used to anoing Jesus mJudas said it would have been better the oil is sold and give the money to the poor. Obadare deserved to be honoured, even in death
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
Misplaced expenditure! The son is apparently not born again! Abeg where dem wan bury am? Dey shd also drop some dollar bill in de casket!
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Ayatullah(m): 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
Akin-David:

Let me remind you he has been there before and came back to make right the wrongs that will prevent him from entering heaven. You and i are the one to pray to make heaven... grin grin

That should be one of those fooolish tales he told you while alive. For God sake what has happened to your power of reasoning? The fact that you people has chosen to burry him in a Gold Casket is a clear indication that you are of the world, but pretending to follow Jesus. Jesus rode a borrowed donkey into Jerusalem, despite the fact that Gold Plated Chariots were common in his time...............when will you follow the teachings of THE SON OF MARY o ye Christians!!!
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by LausDeo(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
buoye1: ....so being a pastor shld he b buried lke a goat??dnt put spirituality in every tin........Obadare na human being lik goodluck&bill gate....so let his family do wateva dey wnt
r u saying pope john paul was buried like a goat? Cos i remember him being buried in a wooden casket
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by obinoral(m): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
Just passing
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by wwwkaycom(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
this tells us the kind of lifestyle Baba Obadare's children will live after him. Pa Obadare lived a spartan lifestyle not that of ostentatious and wastefulness, burying his flesh of this man of God in a $30000 casket is doing injustice to the memory of a man who pastored a congregation that include more than 500,000 poor people. Baba will not approve of this in his lifetime, this was a man of God who used his personal money to educate the indigent, feed the hungry, house the destitute and the homeless, he defended the widow and was never known to have exploited his followers and church members, it is not the type of casket used in burying his flesh that will allow God to grant him paradise but his deeds here on earth, adieu man of God, goodbye Baba Obadare till we meet to part no more, digba o!
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Abuklaw(m): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2013
dis is just a white elephant project which every Nigerian sane psyche should stand against,dis seems to be a deliberate slauthering of money 4 d sake of sum1 who have departed dis celestial realm 4 d spiritual realm whr no one knws his fate in d face of d almighty God.let d truth be told it is beta they spend d money on charity which reward will ease his burden on d day of accountability dan to expend it on dat futile project
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by bfmconcepts: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
Where is the source of this story?
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by naUgotire: 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
rodeo0070:

SOURCE: www.punchng.com/news/obadare-to-be-buried-in-gold-plated-casket/

You will be sinning if there were poor members of your church that this money will go a long way in helping. Please, it is a waste of resources, channel it into a better use. Though I may not have known the man, but I have the feeling that he would not be happy with this, taking into consideration his humble beginning and the eventual growth in the Christendom.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by cchioke: 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
how much casket was christ buried with?just wanted to know men of God this days has shifted to men of world just thinking
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by seuner: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
even baba will not be happy with the decision...the deceased is a father to the poor and fatherless. The casket will be buried, but building a foundation that caters for the poor and fatherless will revive baba's legacy & God will be so happy with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lucifer Is Behind Big Brother Naija Voice - Mummy GO / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m / Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.