Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms (969 Views)

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South / Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by realistkem(m): 7:43am On Jun 15, 2013
the people of Niger/delta produce and sustains the nations economy,but remains the most under developed, olobiri which was the first place where exploration started has no infrastructure to show for it,and the same situation applies to sisters communities
During the yar-adua administration he decided to come to terms with the youths who bear arms in the name of the N/D struggle ,thereby forgetting the intellectuals who decided to use diplomacy
Nigeria is the only country where crude oil theft is prevalent,vadalization,and sold without due process who are the people behind all this oil bunkery is the so called aristocrat
The so called leaders of the struggle collected amnesty with d exception of asari dokubo , rugged peter,etc
But what is the plight of the there followers? What is the plight of the region ? Has it improved?
The question is no because the so called generals have enriched them self, just last month innocent police men were shot down in bayelsa by the group Young shall grow as a means to express there anger ,this have prove to my theory of baff a pig dress a pig , a pig is a pig.
N/D struggle the aim has been defeated that's not what Jasper adaka boro intended , boyloaf ,fara,asari,father(ateke)all fought for selfish reasons
Am drawing there attention of the naïve youth who are used by this selfish leaders AMNESTY after how many years is still not gazzieted
And nothing is being don to gazziet it , My question is what is the motive ?
Re: I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by Abagworo(m): 9:00am On Jun 15, 2013
That's the major reason Niger Deltans wholeheartedly supported Jonathan from 2009 till date. If a Niger Deltan as President has been unable to do it, who then will do it? I've repeated it severally that Abacha was the most pro-Ijaw leader we've ever had even more than Jonathan. Visit the tin mining communities of Jos and coal mining communities of Enugu or even Oloibiri here to understand what the future entails when the value of oil drops or it finishes.
Re: I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by justsayemma(m): 9:30am On Jun 15, 2013
If u go 2 Okrika,u wil c heavy oil installations n pipe lines,yet d people around there can't afford curtains in their houses.they get wat they deserve,they r not progressive in nature,but rada they r passive,they r conquered people.their leaders milk them dry,n instead preach d hate message against d notherners,n d west,n some of them wil stil com 2 dis forum,n shamelessly mock Lagos state.lol
Re: I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by jjcbuthot: 10:23am On Jun 15, 2013
Hehehehehehe - are you complaining? I thought the whole of N/D is now like Dubai with GEJ in power.

My people perish for lack of foresight.
Re: I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by Demdem(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2013
And when I compare evil mend with evil boko, some1 will be talking rubbish. Both groups are evil and simply fighting for their selfish interest.boko kiling in hundreds, mend killed in tens.
Re: I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by DerideGull(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
@OP

I do not understand what and where the poster referenced as Niger Delta because for reality sake, there no delta formed by River Niger. In addition, the people who inhabit the deltas found in southern Nigeria produce nothing but smoked fish and ogogoro. By any stretch of imagination, there is no way smoked fish and ogogoro can sustain the economy of Nigeria.
I really do not understand why most Nigerians can not articulate intelligently
Re: I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by stebell(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
justsayemma: If u go 2 Okrika,u wil c heavy oil installations n pipe lines,yet d people around there can't afford curtains in their houses.they get wat they deserve,they r not progressive in nature,but rada they r passive,they r conquered people.their leaders milk them dry,n instead preach d hate message against d notherners,n d west,n some of them wil stil com 2 dis forum,n shamelessly mock Lagos state.lol
Guy, u're too out of point. 80% of de oil wells/blocks are owned by Northerners. Does dat make every one rich. Yu say some peeps in de oil rich region can't afford even curtain, but let me ask in de North, hw many of dem can affort foam to sleep on. Yu talk of Lagos, do yu kno dat any Yoruba peeps yu meet n ask where he or she comes frm? D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ will tell yu lagos. Lagos has now become their village. Abeg leave ND mata for Niger Deltans. Your region or state has its own wahala which ur fore fadas cud not solve.
Re: I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by Zet72(m): 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
Why are some people crying more than the bereaved, poverty cuts across all regions of Nigeria. Poster have u been to the north, & see poverty staring the larger percentage of their population in the face with no hope at hand.
Re: I Feel For Niger/delta -doom Looms by realistkem(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
@deridegull the poster did not refference N/D , in ur own perspective , oloibiri is in the North?, bayelsa in the west ,unless ur from Chad , every Nigeria that is abreast with internet facility to know what is naira land knows N/D
Poverty is everywhere development cannot be evenly spread but gradually , dia is poverty in the north,south,east,west, but amidst this poverty there is abundance,which is concerntrated in the hands of few
The oil in the region is dia right if amnesty is granted then it should be gazzieted so it wouldn't be tatanmout to fraud.

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews! Asup Will Call Off Strike Today: Emmergency Meet. / Anambra Guber: 26 Aspirants Pick PDP Forms For N11 Million Each / Ex Militant, Tompolo Acquires $13.3 Million (N2.12 Billion) Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.