Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,471 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) (12470 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Cafe Equipments @ Give-away Price With Receipts / How Many Days Should It Take To Resolve a Failed ATM Transaction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
nenergy: The Banking sector does more than generate revenue for the government, it is generating refuse for the environment. Go to any bank’s ATM and you will find pieces of ATM transaction receipts littered all over the premises, that is after the waste baskets are full to the brim. Now the question is; Why do Nigerians collect ATM Transaction receipt only to dump them?

Game time: Use the OPs Slippers to estimate his account balance... grin
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by tellwisdom: 9:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
Only poor people use atm. ..i gve those cards as gift to my niece whenever they have an outing to catch up angry
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by engrfcuksmtin(m): 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
The next person maybe a scammer or armed robber............naija things *dont want to disclose account details and balance*
tellwisdom: Only poor people use atm. ..i gve those cards as gift to my niece whenever they have an outing to catch up angry
keep on dreaming.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Youngzedd(m): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Na for ATM machine you go fear 9jarians.

What many people do is just by pressing the button YES.
If you see the ones in Onitsha you will turn back.

Banks need to educate people on how to use the ATM machine.

Even the graduates do missbehave.

Damn yit!
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by pekelepekele(m): 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
No one needs that .It is outdated to be printing out atm receipts . That's why you have a cell phone # on the sign up form while opening your account to receive alerts either debit or credit and you can also sign up for online banking to view your statements and transactions.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by waleadex(m): 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
nenergy:
Hahahaha. It was a sunday morning. There was no crowd at all, so i had the time.

Perhaps you were "scopically" waiting for service to come.... grin
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by onnari(f): 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
Beats me....

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
kokoye: I scan the important ones, save the scan and dump the paper.

Next question
Scan? Please explain

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
Chuck D: If una know how this thing dey piss me off eh... I just don't understand it. Seriously, if you don't need a receipt, why would you ask the machine to issue it? And you see some of these idiots just keep doing it over and over and over again.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Chuck D: If una know how this thing dey piss me off eh... I just don't understand it. Seriously, if you don't need a receipt, why would you ask the machine to issue it? And you see some of these idiots just keep doing it over and over and over again.
Yes,it can be very annoying. Imagine some collecting 20k 5 times and collecting receipts 5 times too.lol
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
Wuked.P:
I use to collect my reciept then cos it helped me one particular time the atm debited me witout payin me 20k n it wasnt my bank i complaind n they asked me to present d reciept which i did, n it took me almost a month to recover my pay bak, but ever since they started returning money bak almost immediatly when the transaction goes wrong i ve stoped dat its useless now i must say
Yours is different. You collect to keep. Not dump at the premises.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by gerald09(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
The tin is most Nigerians are not used to non-paper receipt. During the stone age b4 ATM dey go to the bank to withdraw money n dey are giving a receipt, nw in d 21st century dey still can't withdraw without getting d receipt. And as the saying goes only a millionaire never check their balance dey just press withdrew. And also a typical Nigerian don't trust No one especially d banks n d police.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by GENTLETEE(m): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good question! I dont collect the receipt. Its a waste of paper.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Tonyman2162: 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good news, All networks are giving each line 2000 credit Just register using this link http:///44ql4 when u enter your number,they will send u a code you will use to register,after you finish registering u will see 2000naira ALL NETWORKS, if u have multiple lines u can do it over and over again and u will be given 2000 register and you will be glad you did. Thanks
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

Game time: Use the OPs Slippers to estimate his account balance... grin
Invalid variable. I'm not my slippers.lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by lloydbanj: 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
E no go pass first bank n I dey sure say na mayfair branch b dis
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
there's no point in collecting it. its useless anyway. Maybe CBN should give the directive dat it should be cancelled.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
There's actually no crime in collecting transaction receipt. The thing wey tire me is when people collect, only to tracsh it immediately. Haba!

...i see haterz calling my foot dirty. Hmmm, my well pedicured nails wey chicks dey 'eye' ? lol
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
lloydbanj: E no go pass first bank n I dey sure say na mayfair branch b dis
Hmmm, Guy! How you take know? Identify yourself sharpaly. PM me!
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Tonyman2162: 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good news, All networks are giving each line 2000 credit Just register using this link http:///44ql4 when u enter your number,they will send u a code you will use to register,after you finish registering u will see 2000naira ALL NETWORKS, if u have multiple lines u can do it over and over again and u will be given 2000 register and you will be glad you did. Thanks.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by gbanikiti(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
Nigerians to like protocol! pesin go buy pepper and tomatoes dey ask for receipt! poverty na disease i swear!
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by leonshom(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
Is there any specification for topics 2b posted?
Just-ME:
hmmm. There's no topic I wouldn't see on nairaland FP.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by leonshom(m): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
Sum pple dnt really knw ow 2 make use of d Machine,wen it ask "do you want a receipt for this transaction" sum wuld select Yes, thinkin its mandatory,dat if dey choose No, it myt terminate thr transaction !
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
some people are so dumb, you see people after reading --Do You Wish To Continue-- YES--NO-
they will keep pressing -NO- reentering their pin number over and over again wasting other people's time. when the security man comes to give them directions, they will just check their balance, print out the receipt, drop it back at the waste bin and then walk away grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by mrofficial(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
I don't do that. Can't even remember the last time I collected receipt. That's plain silly, and I think it should be disabled. This is Nigeria!
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Francheezy(m): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
nenergy:
That's what i do too FW. BTW, that's my foot in the 2nd pix.lol

hmm

dat ur sandal eehhnn

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
I tire o!

Maybe dem dey hope for mistake....
Like make the withdrawals no show for the paper, and balance dey intact so that.... undecided tongue
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by aristocats(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
nenergy: The Banking sector does more than generate revenue for the government, it is generating refuse for the environment. Go to any bank’s ATM and you will find pieces of ATM transaction receipts littered all over the premises, that is after the waste baskets are full to the brim. Now the question is; Why do Nigerians collect ATM Transaction receipt only to dump them?
I don't even allow d printer to print any card anytime I use atm, I always use no option cos I know its of no use#
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
edited
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by akyme(m): 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dygeasy: Because there's no one you need to show the receipt to. You're the owner of the card and money and the account. I don't bother printing out any receipt anyway. But I have a question for you o...
Because you guys don't know important it is over here in the us its more important than th money itself

What happened on the day you took those pictures? Was there no service? Or the money you were expecting wasn't there? gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Simple Reasons Banks Won’t Grant Your Business Loan Request / Skrill (moneybookers) Now Accept Nigerians 100% / Gtbank Launches Gtpatriot, A Subsidized Banking Package For Nigeria’s Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.