Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) (12469 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Cafe Equipments @ Give-away Price With Receipts / How Many Days Should It Take To Resolve a Failed ATM Transaction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Tonyman2162: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good news, All networks are giving each line 2000 credit Just register using this link http:///44ql4 when u enter your number,they will send u a code you will use to register,after you finish registering u will see 2000naira ALL NETWORKS, if u have multiple lines u can do it over and over again and u will be given 2000 register and you will be glad you did. Thanks
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by injuredman: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
nenergy: The Banking sector does more than generate revenue for the government, it is generating refuse for the environment. Go to any bank’s ATM and you will find pieces of ATM transaction receipts littered all over the premises, that is after the waste baskets are full to the brim. Now the question is; Why do Nigerians collect ATM Transaction receipt only to dump them?

I don't think the bold above is very accurate. I use to think banks make their profits as cooperate entity. Their sole purpose is to make profit like any other biz, not to generate revenue for gov't, except the VAT which every service outlets collect from customers.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
efemty001: Well as for me, i dont throw it away.. i do keep it and use it to smoke weed. looking and holding it firmly to the hand, it looks like rizler and it very good to rap igbo. i even go to the machine atm even when am not having a dine inside my acct....all in the name of i need the print out...hmmm
ROTFLMAO
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
I DON'T
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by temitope23(m): 12:58am On Jun 18, 2013
Banks still charge
Opera Mini:

Sista, which bank do you use, that still charges the monthly ATM maintenance fee?
Banks like GTBank
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 1:11am On Jun 18, 2013
injured_man:

I don't think the bold above is very accurate. I use to think banks make their profits as cooperate entity. Their sole purpose is to make profit like any other biz, not to generate revenue for gov't, except the VAT which every service outlets collect from customers.
Ofcourse banks exists for profit. I used the embolden as a complement to them "generating refuse for the environment". Just to make the write-up rhyme you know?
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by jay2k(m): 1:55am On Jun 18, 2013
nenergy: The Banking sector does more than generate revenue for the government, it is generating refuse for the environment. Go to any bank’s ATM and you will find pieces of ATM transaction receipts littered all over the premises, that is after the waste baskets are full to the brim. Now the question is; Why do Nigerians collect ATM Transaction receipt only to dump them?
r u meant to eat it after looking @ it ??
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by jay2k(m): 2:04am On Jun 18, 2013
fitzmayowa:
The ATM Machine swallow the OP ATM ni grin
oga ATM nd machine on top....i love bush house nigeria...
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by noobsaibot2(m): 7:16am On Jun 18, 2013
[size=78pt]NDI ARA[/size] angry angry angry
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Sike(m): 7:26am On Jun 18, 2013
specialguest: I had no idea atm machine's still print out receipt hence when i get the prompt " do you want a receipt for this transaction" on impulse i select NO. What do you need it for anyway when you get an sms alert almost immediately notifying you of the transaction details and your account balance.
Abi O!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by krisproperty: 7:53am On Jun 18, 2013
Abi o...
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by krisproperty: 8:01am On Jun 18, 2013
It depends on individual sha, but to me i dont think it make any sense printing d ATM receipt. I dont do it anyway
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by onuwaje(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2013
To be very very realistic..I do not like to lie, I do not know

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nuwell(m): 8:25am On Jun 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

VERIFY YOUR MONEY WAHT ELSE .. WILL IT COST YOU ANYTHING TO HAVE A RECEIPT FOR YOUR TRANSACTION .. IT IS FREE .. USE IT .. NIGERIANS AND THEIR YEYE KWESION!!

It is definitely free to use. But I'm sure the mess people leave afterwards is not FREE to clean up.

What's the point of people requesting for receipts they don't use and hence don't need? Some people barely glance at the receipt before nonchalantly dumping it on the floor, much less a provided trash can. If they were not too shortsighted to follow the prompts on the machine and punch in the digits, they can always check their account balances on the screen in like manner.

See the litter there! Abeg, it's a bad habit. Let's change it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nuwell(m): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2013
Chuck D: If una know how this thing dey piss me off eh... I just don't understand it. Seriously, if you don't need a receipt, why would you ask the machine to issue it? And you see some of these idiots people just keep doing it over and over and over again.

E tire me o!
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by BashToks: 8:46am On Jun 18, 2013
You'd be glad you requested for the receipt when the atm doesnt dispense and stil debits your account. Even banks recommend that you print out receipts as a proof of the 'transaction gone wrong' and to save them trouble.
People only dispose the recipts when the atm doesn't mess up.
So @Poster and the lot of you should apply logic before 'bandwagoning' Nigerians.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by JJahzwill(m): 9:08am On Jun 18, 2013
What's with the 'ATM machine' error on this thread? It's AT machine or ATM because that acronym stands for Automated Teller Machine so when you type or say ATM machine, you're in essence saying 'Automated Teller Machine machine'. #justsaying#

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by LEXYCOM: 9:12am On Jun 18, 2013
I beg, make banks begin charge for receipt...
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 18, 2013
[size=13pt]Please can any NL'er tell me which bank ATM accept Cardless Transfer. The service is currently down on FCMB. Thanks[/size]
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Teegurlee(f): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
Gud kweshon Op,I wud rily lyk 2 knw 2. D only tin I c pple do wit d receipt is rumple and throw on d floor. Y colekt it in d 1st place?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Simple Reasons Banks Won’t Grant Your Business Loan Request / Gtbank Launches Gtpatriot, A Subsidized Banking Package For Nigeria’s Military / Skrill (moneybookers) Now Accept Nigerians 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.