Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? (1630 Views)

Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 19, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Can you answer the question then? Of what use is god?

That would mean derailing the thread!
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning sorb,

The bold would be wrong for demonstrable reasons. For starters, God did not choose everything to happen as it did because this implies that God made everything happen.

God however, chose to allow everything happen...note the difference...choosing to allow an event take place is different from choosing the event, within the context of the discourse.

The sin of Adam and Eve is not what God chose for them, quite on the contrary, they chose it for themselves but God allowed the event take place because to do the converse would mean taking away their free will.

Now, with the ish of Christ, man decided to make him suffer and die but God allowed it to happen. Man was not forced to kill the Christ hence his guilt in the matter.

This would be quite problematic for those who either, out of good conscience, do not understand or deliberately refuse to understand it.

Everything is quite very confusing brother.As an omniscient God, I believe that He knoweth how everything will play out even before Jesus christ left his heavenly thrown. He knows men are evil and aren't gonna spare Jesus when He comes down; He knows the outcome of everything and how men will continue to sin even after Jesus's death. Could He not have done something different to save everything once and for all, at least to remove the issue of Jesus coming down to suffer and die for us when He could have avoided it.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
Sorbital:

Everything is quite very confusing brother.As an omniscient God, I believe that He knoweth how everything will play out even before Jesus christ left his heavenly thrown. He knows men are evil and aren't gonna spare Jesus when He comes down; He knows the outcome of everything and how men will continue to sin even after Jesus's death. Could He not have done something different to save everything once and for all, at least to remove the issue of Jesus coming down to suffer and die for us when He could have avoided it.

You are right in your assessment above and quite frankly it is very possible for God to prevent all that from happening to Jesus but this would mean going against one of his principles: allowing man have the freedom to choose.

God knew that all these would happen but decided to bring about a good from an already bad situation. If God had stopped the killing of his son, he would have undermined the freewill of man, and as a consequence we would cease to be men but robots.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Maximum83: 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
I must say that I have learned a lot from this thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? / down / A Challenge To Muslims All Over The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.