Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Diesel Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Diesel Cars (1004 Views)

Why Don't Car Dealers Import Diesel-powered Cars To Nigerians? / Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? / How To Convert My Petrol Engine To Diesel Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diesel Cars by Mlud: 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
I am asking for views and opinions please on the text below . I know there is a lot of knowledge and expertise on this forum.
I also know that diesel cars are in the minority but want any users out there who have run diesel cars or SUVs.
What has been your experience? Good or bad?

Do you have/ know a good diesel mechanic? Diesel is more expensive but with a big engine it stays for longer with better mpg as you sit in traffic with your aircon on.

I want a car in Lagos initially for occasional use with subsequently increasing use with more frequent and longer term visits.

I have shortlisted just 2 vehicles purely on cost of purchase, running costs and that it must be a 4x4.

1. Range Rover 2.5 P38 Auto diesel 2000/1 Model
2. Mitsubishi Shogun Sport Auto(Challenger) 2.5 Diesel 2000/3 Model

I have chosen these 2 cars because I think they are fairly rugged and maintainable. This age and model of the Range Rover because with a spring conversion I wont worry about air suspension problems.

From the vast knowledge on this forum do you have any views on the reliability of these cars?

Will there be any adverse consequences for the diesel pump or the fuel injectors if I chose to run the car on used cooking oil mixed with diesel (bio-diesel). I will have a petrol vehicle as a second car.

Will appreciate your views.

Thanks very much.
Re: Diesel Cars by baconline(m): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
I use a deisel truck,sweet fuel economy,but not many mechs,one mech messed up d metals on d crackshaft and till now we can not find a crankshaft to replace it,engine is 380k.
Re: Diesel Cars by Mlud: 12:35am On Jun 18, 2013
baconline: I use a deisel truck,sweet fuel economy,but not many mechs,one mech messed up d metals on d crackshaft and till now we can not find a crankshaft to replace it,engine is 380k.

What kinda diesel truck do you run and what economy figures do you get?
Re: Diesel Cars by baconline(m): 10:43am On Jun 18, 2013
Nissan double cabin pickup(navada) and its fuel consumption is equivalent to a 1.6l petrol engine
Re: Diesel Cars by Mlud: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2013
Still interested in hearing news views and reviews if you( or someone you know ) runs a diesel car or truck.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know Any Staff Of Honda Place In Abuja / Nigeria Auto Industry Needs To Start Small / Who Knows The Price Of A Kia Cerato,rio And Hyundia 2013 And 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.