Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,282 members, 7,839,389 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals (14980 Views)

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / I Will Sign More Death Warrants — Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Godmann(m): 11:15am On Jun 17, 2013
blaise26.abj:

Mr Godman, you should be ready to die without defending yourself when attacked; in war or in pursuit of dangerous criminals because like you said it is totally wrong to take a life that cannot be created.

Some people deserve death for their crimes. Even the bible says the wages of sin is death.If a man knows the penalty of a crime is death and he chooses to carry out the crime, then there should be no leniency once it can be proven without reasonable doubt.

The bolded is the probable reason the governors hesitate signing death warrants because our police are not equipped to prove anything.

Thanks god you recognised the bolded; many have been sent to the grave in the past that are not guilt.

Secondly, the whole essence of punishment is either to extract payment against evil done, for deterrent and reformation. Death Penalty only achieves deterrence. It offers no chance for offenders to repent; and also cannot repay losses accruing from whatever offence they have committed.

Moreso, for the Christians, it is unjustifiable to take life. Only at the threat of once life, can one contemplate such.

As a state, putting criminals behind bars have already taken aware the risk they pose to the society. reforming them where possible is the best because it preserves our population and workforce.

There are very few reasons to take life of a criminal that is already behind bars; except for crude (old testament) sentiments.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by splashbaby(m): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: Some illiterates here don't even know what a death warrant means. Smh.
hahaha...you are here ugly! we can resume our battle here...if you won't run ooo
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by mkoabiola: 11:20am On Jun 17, 2013
Wat has fathers day got todo with death warrant.
Joe mus b igbo smoker,now I knw.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Godmann(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2013
tiwasiaife: nt wen ur entire family is wiped out

Which is worse: living a life of denial and restriction of movement; or death?

Personally I will prefer death.

So keeping offenders in jail for life is a worse treatment. Also see my argument above.

But believe me, it will be very difficult to bear when they kill someone your know; but that is anger and not reason. When we come down to reason after anger; we will choose life jail fro offenders.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by 2goodbobo(m): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2013
Double standard
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by sammyj: 11:39am On Jun 17, 2013
wirinet:

And where did you get the statistics that it is condemned prisoners that is causing overcrowding in our prisons? How many condemned prisoners who had gone through the legal process up to the supreme court do we have in Nigeria?

Some of you people are just bloodthirsty, you rejoice at the spilling of blood.

Now what should constitute a capital offense? A man that kills one person while robbing a car worth N3 million, or a man that cause the death of thousands through stealing of public money ( and pension money)?

In Nigeria our perception of what is wrong or right is truly screwed.

Thank you my brother, the awaiting trials inmates (ATP's)constitutes more than 80% of the Nigerian prisons, which means they are the cause of the overcrowding also caused by the setbacks in the justice system. The Nigeria government, especially the Federal should be hold responsible for this action.
I rest my case.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by bonna4u(m): 11:40am On Jun 17, 2013
It is easier for the state governors to sign away millions than death warrants oga Jona.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Rednose: 11:45am On Jun 17, 2013
Adex097: And he said this in the church?
GEJ is damn *****

Not just in church, on Father's Day!
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by bonna4u(m): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2013
In my opinion, the legislators should pass a bill to abolish the capital punishment in our judiciary system since it is obvious our governors don't have the balls to sign death warrants. Afterall, capital punishment is getting out of date.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by bonna4u(m): 11:50am On Jun 17, 2013
In my opinion, the legislators should pass a bill to abolish the capital punishment in our judiciary system since it is obvious our governors don't have the balls to sign death warrants. Capital punishment is getting out of date anyway.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by matrixme(m): 11:53am On Jun 17, 2013
I'm sure a president like Mr Obama will definately never give such advice on a Father's day celebration in his country. Imagine our dear president using a religious platform, where he ought to have communicated the vital values of fatherhood to the congregation, and indeed, the citizenry at large; rather chose to perpetrate such a controversial message. Can it not be another day for condemned criminals to be sent to their doom? I think It should be a happy day to reflect, appreciate and celebrate for Christ's sake, not one to condemn, because it isn't the prodigal son's day! I just can't believe the president just let this out, because I'm yet to see the correlation between the message and the occasion. What next? Denouncing terrorism on World Malaria day? I worry about the future of this country with the thinking capacity of present-day leaders

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Btruth: 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ok. what abt:

diezani alison?
dimeji bankole>
ibb?
obj?
tinubu?
buhari?
alameisiya?
asari dokubo?
etc and u?

yes, supported....what about a death warrant for GEJ himself for all the death that happened under his leadership? Who will be responsible for the death of young Timilehin at Ketu area just last week? It should be him, the IGP, the commissioner of Police in Lagos state & the station DPO. Living dead people in a clothes.

Mhweeee!
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Btruth: 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ok. what abt:

diezani alison?
dimeji bankole>
ibb?
obj?
tinubu?
buhari?
alameisiya?
asari dokubo?
etc and u?
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Iykeponti(m): 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
We need a smart president in dis dying nation sad
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by olowodaran(m): 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
i beg wetin concern fathers day and death warrant. This man neva find solution to boko he wan form hard. If u are a man kill all boko haram. MR SUBSIDY
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by andyanders: 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Let that of self acclaimed demonic King of Kings be signed and let him be executed. That is the only death I will appreciate.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Moralistli(m): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
They better revisit the law/constitution and convert every death sentence to Life imprisonment.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Temptee101(m): 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Every minute na so so talk talk. Waz he not d same person dat pardoned sum renowned, perpetual n condemned criminals? He shud lead by example.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Temptee101(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
Every minute na so so talk talk. Waz he not d same person dat pardoned sum renowned, perpetual, labelled n condemned criminals? He shud lead by example.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Temptee101(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
missojugo: His own is to sign Pardon for more important criminals abi.."Sweet part" indeed angry
Yeah! Presidential n executive criminals.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Temptee101(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:
That's easy for him to say! smiley As one Governor pointed out once, who doesn't want to sleep well at night without the spirit of the executed criminal chasing them in their dreams ?

As far as i'm concerned, if Jonathan is looking to see condemned criminals executed, he should look towards Aluu in Rivers state for help; the bloodthirsty scamps over there would gladly oblige him!
Our governors have committed worst crimes n bloody killings dan signing death warrant
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by taharqa2: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Personally, am increasingly against Death Penalty. If I was a Gov, I don't think I wud be in any hurry to sign anyone's Death certificate..
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Decryptor(m): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
splashbaby: You are asking the wrong people..The folks here are lazy people behind a latop/phone spewing trash..by the way are you on a death warrant?
You just spewed trash @the bolded
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Dipwater(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
jonathan the comedian ,fathers shuld instill discipline in their children indeed .thief talking about disciline,
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Dipwater(m): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
wait a minute wetin really consign deth penarity(penalty) with fathers day our president is a dun[ce .
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
If state governors are to sign death warrant for the execution of the poor convicts, as more incriminating as they are, who'll sign death warrant against them including the president himself and others?

Besides, i thought once a judge delivers the judment, the next is execution? Why must a state gov. has to sign it again?

WHEN I BECOME A GOVERNOR IN THE FUTURE, i can never dare try that. Can i create life? Why shld i recommend for death then? Since when did i become a punishment donor/giver whatever?

This govs./politicians kill using thier hands or hire assasins to kill in affairs of thier politics, this is done in secrecy and they can do it without much pity. When it comes to public show, they refrain. But as for me, i wouldnt try that o. am not God to give such punishment. God shall punish sinners according to his own way and not me. Wont sign any fuccking death warrant. BULLSHIT!!!
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by sayso: 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
Godman_n: If I become a governor tomorrow, I will never sign a death warrant for anything. Once I have you in prison, that is enough. I can kill in self defence if confronted in a war or in pursuit of a dangerous criminal; but it is totally wrong to take life that we cannot create.

Having arrested someone into custody, the state should focus every energy on reformation and on worst case scenario; take the worst criminals into life-imprisonment.

It is very wrong to pass judgement over a anythings life.

what about a criminal who murdered 20people in a particular crime and proven guilty of first degree murder?
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
1) Why shld the whole Nigeria have only one hangman when we have heartless cultists killing fellows at no mercy in our institutions and surroundings. Wont that be a great job opportunity for them since they take pleasure in killing humans?

2) As for those of u administering for 'live in prisonment', where are the prisons to inhabit these convicts? Even at present the place is already over crowded talk more of live in prisonment unless more prisons are to be built.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by gogodaye(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mr. President playing the Head teacher to his younger colleagues~State Governors. Our federally owned & run prisons is today crowded by majority of these poor folks convicted for breaching state laws & whose state governors aren't prepared to sign their execution warrants, whilst the Fed govt foots the bill for their continued up~keep to its chagrin. The constitution should be amended to move 'Prisons' from the Exclusive List to the Concurrent List so that the responsibility can be evenly shared.
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by BestmanNnamdi(m): 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
ok ooooooo! Okwa na Naija?
Re: Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals by splashbaby(m): 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
Decryptor: You just spewed trash @the bolded
Really! may be I should simplify it for you...is your name on a death warrant mumu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Primaries: Anyim, NWC At War Over Ebonyi Delegates / Fulani Insurgents Expel Tor Tiv From His Palace / Chinese President's Envoy To Attend Nigerian President's Inauguration Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.