Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried (17283 Views)

Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat / Sen. Bola Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead / Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by PeterKbaba: 10:12am On Jun 17, 2013
el bin manny: Nonsense!!!!!!!! Height of hypocrisy!!!!! So she was buried shocked shocked thought Lagos just passed the cremation bill.......? Wasn't she suppose to be burnt n her ashes put into a pepsi bottle So now the new bill is just for the poor Lagosians undecided look at the type opposition we have sad they pass a law n still go back to do same thing!

Are you educated at all....

3 Likes

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:18am On Jun 17, 2013
PeterKbaba:

Yu dey mind am?
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by elbinmanny(m): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2013
PeterKbaba:

ask your dad atleast I thought him how to commit adulte'ry ! Idiota cheesy
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by MillionDollars: 10:22am On Jun 17, 2013
DJDOLA: who can be tinubu mother..can u pls explain...olodo rabata
r u a learner in lagos? She is not dude
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Policewoman(f): 10:23am On Jun 17, 2013
RIP MAMA.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by niytej(m): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2013
Who are doz ninny pple tearin' eyes for a 94yrs old woman undecided

sayin'...
R-return
I- if
P-possible
is a none-statement cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Meritbaba(m): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2013
Hope Tambuwal won't be suspend soon
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by MARSHALLMVP: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2013
the cremation act is optional. it was put in place to give u an option to burial. only if you want tho.
el bin manny: Nonsense!!!!!!!! Height of hypocrisy!!!!! So she was buried shocked shocked thought Lagos just passed the cremation bill.......? Wasn't she suppose to be burnt n her ashes put into a pepsi bottle So now the new bill is just for the poor Lagosians undecided look at the type opposition we have sad they pass a law n still go back to do same thing!
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 17, 2013
Inna Lilahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un

May Allah accept Mama into Al-janah Firdaus....Amin.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2013
No be him mama o
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by topeorekoy(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by condralbede(m): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2013
naijadesk: The remains of the President-General, Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men, Alhaja Abibat Mogaji, mother of the former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubua, were on Sunday, committed to mother earth at Vaults and Garden Cemetery, Ikoyi amidst tears, eulogies and tributes.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1158098_TINUBU_jpg3ab0635e145ae9c696838d75bb53fb99[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1158113_tinu3_jpeg79ea7e2f2d35ec2c342f9872d0a40c8a[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1158114_tinu2_jpegf7273ef232b878933031c73f4681af20[/img]
The body was lowered into the tomb at 12:42pm. Before then, the body that departed her home at Sunday Adigun Street in Alausa, Ikeja at about 10:45am and was driven in a Grey Mercedes Benz wagon 400 marked TOS 7 belonging to TOS funeral for Islamic funeral service at the Lagos Central Mosque located on Lagos Island.

By 11:25am, the white casket containing the remains were taken into the mosque for a brief prayer led by the Chief Imam of Lagos, Alhaji M. G. Akinola Ibrahim.

The body was later removed from the white casket, wrapped in a white cloth and interred in the vault.

Asiwaju Tinubu was flanked by the Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi and his Ogun State counterpart, Ibikunle Amosun, Chief Bisi Akande, Ahaji Femi Okunnu, House of Representatives members.

Speaking to newsmen on how his mother passed on, he said she died while relaxing.

According to him, “on Saturday afternoon, she had her lunch. After that, she used her drugs and rested. While resting, death came and snatched my mother away. Well, immediately she died, I felt her void. One cannot but look at his mother being buried.”

Tinubu said though he was going to miss her motherly care, he was glad she lived a successful life.

The strong man of Lagos politics reminisced on some of the fond moments he spent with her, saying she inspired him greatly during his eight years reign as governor of Lagos State.

“I miss her lunch even when I am full. I am very happy that she is my mother. She is a very successful mother. She is a good leader. She didn’t put anyone in suffering before she departed from this world. She is so kind and God was also kind to her. She is a good thinker, passionate and compassionate. She has left a very good legacy for everyone.” He said he took solace in the fact that she impacted in all those she came across during her 96 glorious years on earth.

“She was the one who asked me to look at the face of three women who had challenge of paying their children’s West African Examination Council (WAEC) fee, which touched me. It isn’t the amount of money I pulled out of my pocket but as a governor then, I began the policy of paying WAEC fees of pupils in Lagos State public schools. Those are things that will fascinate anyone about my late mother. She taught everyone she came across contentment, love and the act of sharing, especially to the needy.”

Tinubu who affirmed that her demise had left a vacuum, which might be hard to fill, urged women to take a cue and stand for what they believed in, even in the face of adversity.

“There are many lessons women can learn from her. And one of the lessons is that they should learn to be resilient, committed and industrious in order to help banish poverty in the country. She is a committed democrat. She believes in the one man, one vote campaign. She will vote and mobilise others to do so. Women must continue to plan together and share issues, discuss together,” he added.

http://africzone.com/tears-tributes-as-mogaji-tinubus-mother-is-buried/
[quote author=condralbede][/quote]....R.I.P madam.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Exponental(m): 11:05am On Jun 17, 2013
Haaaaaaa! Witch finally killed this woman, o ma se ooo.
RIP mama.
BAT, more money from donations.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by tobnical(m): 11:17am On Jun 17, 2013
this is for corpses in mortuary without anyone coming around to claim them
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2013
Well well. at least she lived to a ripe old age. how old is tinubu again grin
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by BishopEmmanuel(m): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2013
miqos02: wetin consine u, the man say na im mama, u say no be so. haba, oya dash am ur mama. busy body
All of you showing care sef,it non of ur business....cos u nt part of dis man family.so jst be realistic about d matter.
She is not his real mother,bt he has already claimed ha to be his mother.
If you wish to know this so called Tinubu,come to his hometown(Iragbiji)in Osun.I live beside his mama house.
So save ur breadth!
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by everyday: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
May her gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by bigmo1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
Chasitty001: I can see see the House Of Reps Speaker there. he must be very close to Tinubu to come at such short notice. The woman died on Saturday night and Tambuwal was there Sunday morning.
I guess NAMA was caught off guard. Tambuwal was lucky they didn't divert his flight to ilorin.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Temptee101(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Chasitty001: I can see see the House Of Reps Speaker there. he must be very close to Tinubu to come at such short notice. The woman died on Saturday night and Tambuwal was there Sunday morning.
How many minutes will it tak him 2 fly from Abuja 2 Lagos?? Btw!! RIP
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Maxrider17(m): 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Rivalry or enmity are dropped in death.I dnt knw much abt dat woman buh I guess all I owe nw is my prayers and to condole with those she left behind.
Adieu mama Tinubu!
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Muyadek(m): 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
If lie goes for 20- year, surely truth shall prevails one day, may the head of ancestor continue to seriously death with all proxy woman. Today marked 21 - year ago that real biological woman of the political pathological liar had departed this life. Ha! I leave the rest for God.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Haryoryhemie(f): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2013

D cremation law is still optional, not compulsory yet
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by deniyor: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Muyadek: If lie goes for 20- year, surely truth shall prevails one day, may the head of ancestor continue to seriously death with all proxy woman. Today marked 21 - year ago that real biological woman of the political pathological liar had departed this life. Ha! I leave the rest for God.
Muyadek: If lie goes for 20- year, surely truth shall prevails one day, may the head of ancestor continue to seriously death with all proxy woman. Today marked 21 - year ago that real biological woman of the political pathological liar had departed this life. Ha! I leave the rest for God.

You are partially correct. She is not his biological mother. His real mother died about 12 years ago, not 21. He didn't even attend, and had other politicians like aregbesola attend in his stead. This his so called mother is all politics.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by klax(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
Quote"AnOlAd: But this woman no be Tinubu Biological mother now? Abi no be so dem talk...
"

Brosie abeg forget that for now he said she is his mother and you are saying she is not his mother ok ooo we are waiting for you to tell us the real Tinubu mother then.

I guess what is imprtant is for you to say R I P or never say anything because as far as i'm concern I will say R I P to the old woman but as per Tinubu himself No Comment.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by MacOscar(m): 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
For purposes of Clarity, the recently enacted Cremation Law in Lagos State does not carry a Mandatory Application, it is absolutely optional. The deceased may have indicated that choice in his/her Will or as Family members subscribed. Obviously some people have not studied its mode of application in extenso. Let us endeavour to study details and verify the authority of statements we make, posterity will not forgive us, not just for our statements' lack of veracity but mainly for misleading the innocent audience. We Youths should imbibe measures to sanitise our Society. God Bless Us All!
Oscar Obi, Esq.

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Remii(m): 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
niytej: Who are doz ninny pple tearin' eyes for a 94yrs old woman undecided

sayin'...
R-return
I- if
P-possible
is a none-statement cheesy cheesy cheesy

no matter how old your person is, you never wished they go. you will always imagine the momment shared together and the feeling of entering that room without them there.

RIP, Iyaloja in General
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Wiseoldman: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
I benefited from the free waec tinubu stated above was inspired by his late mother....i remember my teachers back then chasing us around my school, infact begging just to snap pictures as the state had already paid our waec and neco fees...flash forward few years to my kid brothers in private school....i never knew those exams cost that much! Thanks for that at least... RIP Ma

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Egbagirl(f): 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2013

undecided undecided undecided did you read about the bill at all? It is optional. Smh
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by deols(f): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
rest in peace mama

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
I loff their white outfits....I really detest wearing black during funerals

Rest in peace Mama Tinubu.
Odigbose
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by deols(f): 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
^^me too
they look more gorgeous with the ibori.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Appointment: Senate Screens Lauretta Onochie, Others / Fayose Embraces Buhari's School Feeding Programme / #OccupyLekkiTollGate: No Protest Will Be Allowed - Lagos Police Command Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.