Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,353 members, 7,957,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:54 AM

Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" (1447 Views)

Whats Ur Favourite Cartoon Character: Put Up A Pix: Here's Mine: / Bank Phb Ads & Nigerian Tv Ads In General (whats Ur Take) / Dark Knight, What Do U Think Abt The Movie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by nijerbabe(f): 5:32pm On May 19, 2006
hey pple, i ve heard alot of pple sayin dat the name "nollywood" is another "copy copy" 9jas wont stop doin. ( which i agree with cos hollywood and bollywood they are tryin to copy derived that name from somewhere/something but Nollywood, to me makes no connection to anything i kno in 9ja but u can prove me wrong tho' ) So, do u think that name is ok or do u think the nigerian movie industry shld create a name for themselves
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by vichel(m): 5:37pm On May 19, 2006
the name nollywood is a disgrace, we have a very prospective movie industry, that with the right attitude and professionals would make nigerian movies a force to reckon with. But absolutely taking a name of an already established movie industry and transforming it into your own, is simply shameless, and that is why nobody would ever take the nigerian movie industry serious, until some much needed changes are made.
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by eveseh(f): 9:45pm On May 19, 2006
no coment but i like da name grin
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by detennyson(m): 9:43pm On May 20, 2006
I think the name NOLLYWOOD SUCKS!!! They shld look for sonething else and name it,  sad
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by eveseh(f): 9:46pm On May 20, 2006
they shold have make it sollywood,that is nice

that's more like it grin
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by eveseh(f): 9:46pm On May 20, 2006
or even Zollywood
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by Rhodalyn(f): 9:47pm On May 20, 2006
nollywood is cuul kiss kiss
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by eveseh(f): 9:58pm On May 20, 2006
lol gilr,Gollywood is cool
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by nijerbabe(f): 10:22pm On May 20, 2006
eveseh:

or even Zollywood
eveseh:

Lol, but its not all abt naming the industry, its abt the name havin a connection with somn. Nice names tho'
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by eveseh(f): 10:25pm On May 20, 2006
nijerbabe:

Lol, but its not all about naming the industry, its about the name havin a connection with somn. Nice names tho'

oops than my bad
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by nijerbabe(f): 10:37pm On May 20, 2006
eveseh:

oops than my bad

lol. ur even my namesake. kool.
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by eveseh(f): 10:38pm On May 20, 2006
nijerbabe:

lol. your even my namesake. kool.

Ok than kiss kiss grin
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by Rhodalyn(f): 1:50am On May 21, 2006
eveseh:

lol eve cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by eveseh(f): 11:57am On May 21, 2006
Rhodalyn:

lol eve cheesy cheesy cheesy

yea girl i think Gollywood is cool grin
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by chosenbabe(f): 6:33pm On May 21, 2006
wats d disgrace eh vichel.

There's bollywood
hollywood
n nollywood

do y'all want em to call it nollytree?
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by eveseh(f): 6:37pm On May 21, 2006
chosenbabe:

There's bollywood
hollywood
n nollywood

lol lol wahahahahah,he he he he,nollytree,lol lol
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by nijerbabe(f): 7:04pm On May 21, 2006
chosenbabe:

There's bollywood
hollywood
n nollywood

"In India, their movie industry is located in Bombay. That is why they call it Bollywood while in the U.S, Hollywood was derived from the name of a tree plant-the grows there But for Nolly, I don’t know where they got the name from". Says Zeb ejiro( one of the top producers 9ja's got) and i agree with him. Who name the nigerian Movie industry NOLLYWOOD?? where did the name come from??
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by vichel(m): 12:40am On May 24, 2006
chosenbabe:

There's bollywood
hollywood
n nollywood

The american movie industry has the right claim to that name and what it stands for. If the nigerian government wants to name their industry, they should come up with something else without the word wood or tree in it tongue tongue. Just like how the US president lives in the "white house", so does the Nigeria president, who lives at "aso rock". Aso rock has it's own uniqueness instead of having a copy-cat name like the green house tongue
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by hoodboi(m): 5:15am On May 24, 2006
I think it's just sad , why can't d Industry jst get somethin of dere own, They copy a lot of things from movies nd stuff but copyin d a name na dat's wacked to d core. but again we have bollywood
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by sexynes(f): 7:56am On May 24, 2006
Nigerians like to copy too much. I have seen a number of movies that have the exact same counterparts in Hollywood. We didn't need to name our movie industry Nollywood. If we absolutely had to name our movie industry, we might have well as named it 51 Iweka Road, Onitsha or Idumota, Lagos. Nonsense.
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by Seun(m): 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2007
Nothing wrong with copying a good thing. When people anywhere hear "Nollywood" they'll know it's movie related.
Re: Whats Ur Opinion Abt The Name "nollywood" by janami(f): 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2007
naija's follow follow syndrome will always keep them in the shadows of things. why did they not go for smthg authentically nigerian like the californians did? Hollywood is clearly named after the legacy of the land. What has nollywood got to do with naija? i wonder o.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Think They Are Getting A Good Deal With Hitv? / Star Millionaire Game Show Is A Fraud / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.