Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,693 members, 7,955,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? (4054 Views)

You Are To Blame: Ladies! / When A Guy Sleeps With A Drunk Lady; Who Is To Blame? / SINGLE SHAMING- Over 30 And Unmarried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by OsunAmazon: 3:07pm On May 08, 2008
Our Nigerian society looks at women over 30 and are not yet married as getting expired. Although it's a wrong notion about expiry dates and most women in that age range has been fighting that stereotype supposedly from men but do we really need to blame men for that stereotype?

If our mothers, grandmothers and aunts are the ones that always tell our brothers who wants to marry an over 30 woman to look elsewhere for something younger and more 'fruitful', why blame the men for that stereotype?. Most of us women here will even do the same to our siblings who come home with women in that age range but you can hardly hear that our fathers,grandfathers,uncles etc discouraged their sons,nephews and grandsons from marrying a woman of their choice.

After reading the premise to this argument, do you still believe that men should be blamed for stereotyping women over 30 or should we cormfortably blame the stereotype on us and leave men the hell alone?
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by Busta(f): 3:10pm On May 08, 2008
@poster,
Are u male or famle?
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tai2(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2008
It's not a stereotype, its a fact. Women over 30 are somewhere around their expiry date. Some people don't mind almost expired goods but then there are those who have a preference for such goods especially when they come in nice packaging.

On the other hand, you can't blame mothers and sisters for looking at women over 30 with a rather suspicious eye, they know what they were doing before they turned 30, why would anyone want their son or sibling to handle goods that have been "tested" by other men. It's like the difference between getting a brand new car and a used one, the only time you ever prefer a used car over a new one is when it's a classic and trust me, not that many Nigerian women over 30 are classics, wink
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by Easybaby(f): 3:18pm On May 08, 2008
Busta:

@poster,
Are u male or famle?

lol . . .what has male or female got to do with question? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@poster,
we should blame over 30 undecided

@tai2,
you are not far from the truth grin grin grin
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by lucabrasi(m): 3:23pm On May 08, 2008
i also read it somewhere that a lady embarking on child bearing after the age of 30 is more or less endengering her life and also she is nearer to menopauce,im not justifying these who can/cant marry any lady in her therties but just stating some of the health risks,also a lot of ladies who are unmarried (not all mind)at a point in their life made a conscious decision to sacrifice family life for their careers and also some were too picky and spawned the many advances of the guys that came at them,its an awful way to describe it but its true nonetheless that a womans age is the like the law of diminishing returns, same as the man as well but mostly the women
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tngtech(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2008
You don't expect them to marry themselves, guys have to come and marry them. So if they get up to 30, i don't think is their fault. But most women are also the curse of their predicaments.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by hixxx1(m): 3:27pm On May 08, 2008
1 am over thirty, single and seriously searching. Busta, Easybaby and all please link me up with any suitable single babe in Nigeria. For serious relationship/marriage. Thanks
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tngtech(m): 3:31pm On May 08, 2008
hixxx1:

1 am over thirty, single and seriously searching.

ur regime don pass.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by OsunAmazon: 3:34pm On May 08, 2008
It's not a stereotype, its a fact. Women over 30 are somewhere around their expiry date. Some people don't mind almost expired goods but then there are those who have a preference for such goods especially when they come in nice packaging.

On the other hand, you can't blame mothers and sisters for looking at women over 30 with a rather suspicious eye, they know what they were doing before they turned 30, why would anyone want their son or sibling to handle goods that have been "tested" by other men. It's like the difference between getting a brand new car and a used one, the only time you ever prefer a used car over a new one is when it's a classic and trust me, not that many Nigerian women over 30 are classics,

Unbelievable!
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by Busta(f): 3:35pm On May 08, 2008
Easybaby:

[color=#006600]lol . . .what has male or female got to do with question? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
its a good Question . . just curious if a man or woman was the one that out it up.

@topic,

1. I will have to say both are to blame.
The men who must have jilted them or left them hanging and the women who must have messed themselves up and at the end are left with no boyfriend talk less of husband.

2. Maybe they are too ugly

3. Education, Career.

4. family values

5. being too picky

Really it could be anything.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by Easybaby(f): 3:36pm On May 08, 2008
hixxx1:

1 am over thirty, single and seriously searching. Busta, Easybaby and all please link me up with any suitable single babe in Nigeria. For serious relationship/marriage. Thanks

Are you loaded with cash? undecided

tngtech:

your regime don pass.

lmfao grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by DrDre1(m): 3:39pm On May 08, 2008
It's a two way thing I guess
While some ladies are to be blamed for staying that long some can't.
The ratio of women to men is quite high IMO and men can't make photocopies grin
Just my thought smiley
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by OZD(m): 3:44pm On May 08, 2008
most ladie want to gain all and lose their age undecided
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 08, 2008
1. The perpetual financial crisis bedevilling the menfolk especially with a mindset of needin to "arrive" b4 embarkin on the marital trip.
2. free sex everywhere . If they can get it free and without much hassles, why invite a lifetime "yoke" in the name of marriage? I believe if there were no available sexual outlet for the men, and marriage was a necessary prerequisite for gettin it on, there'd be a lot more marriages than we can handle. . . . . . meaning far less over-30 singles.

just ma thots.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tai2(m): 3:49pm On May 08, 2008
Nothing is unbelievable , basically two reasons exist why most Nigerian women over 30 are unmarried and I take them from a poster who listed four reasons here:

1) Being Too Picky - Nigerian women set the rules of the game and Nigerian men only play to their tune. They first start off in their youth with being too picky and wanting the best. They want the most handsome, richest bloke on the corner with lots of attention to spare. Unfortunately they forget to factor in math, there are more women in Nigeria than there are men, the translation being that not every woman will end up getting married. Apart from the fact that guys are lesser than women, there are also very few rich and handsome guys. So these rich and handsome guys also want the best for themselves so they gather a string of concubines , playing them around and eventually marry the best of the lot.

So what happens is that the remainder of these picky women who don't get married then, keep being picky waiting for the next Dangote or Femi Otedola to knock on their doors, unfortunately for them, some of them are not as hot as they imagine themselves to be and a couple more have the overt tendency to be really saucy in addition to their picky issues because they believe themselves to be on top of their game and God's own definition of beauty. The end result is that most toasters overlook them and go for less picky ones and when it dawns upon these women that darkness is upon them, they become desperate and end up marrying way beneath their class or not getting married at all.

2) Being Too Ugly - What more can I say? Ugliness defines itself. Why board molue when free air conditioned buses are on the road?
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by Busta(f): 3:50pm On May 08, 2008
hixxx1:

sorry, don't know anyone in Nigeria to hook u up with.
but good luck all the same.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tngtech(m): 3:50pm On May 08, 2008
well it could start from their sweet 16th period, thereby destroying their God given body before they get to the age of marriage.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 08, 2008
. . . . ,   as if the ones "who destroyed their bodies" don't get married grin. That's a laugh tngtech grin cheesy
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tngtech(m): 4:00pm On May 08, 2008
stillwater:

. . . . , as if the ones "who destroyed their bodies" don't get married grin. That's a laugh tngtech grin cheesy

thats most of them grin grin grin
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by OsunAmazon: 4:24pm On May 08, 2008
your regime don pass.
Her regime don pass but she's still good enough for you men to keep as a mistress but not in the current marriagiable regime abi?
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tai2(m): 4:28pm On May 08, 2008
There's the marriage regime and the mistress regime, one has passed the other is available, why complain?
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tngtech(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2008
both the marriage and mistress regime has passed.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by bawomolo(m): 4:32pm On May 08, 2008
lamidebaby:

1. The perpetual financial crisis bedevilling the menfolk especially with a mindset of needin to "arrive" before embarkin on the marital trip.
2. free sex everywhere . If they can get it free and without much hassles, why invite a lifetime "yoke" in the name of marriage? I believe if there were no available sexual outlet for the men, and marriage was a necessary prerequisite for gettin it on, there'd be a lot more marriages than we can handle. . . . . . meaning far less over-30 singles.

just ma thoughts.

i agree with no.1 but i disagree with number 2. withholding sex would just make men runaway and push them towards to prostitutes. since when did marriage become a lifetime yoke. definitely not in this millennium. your idea would only lead to bitter marriages and lots of trophy wives. women want sex just as men so withholding it is stupid
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by wahala2007(m): 4:40pm On May 08, 2008
Especially the career women
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tngtech(m): 4:44pm On May 08, 2008
wahala2007:

Especially the career women

how does it affect the career women?
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by bawomolo(m): 4:46pm On May 08, 2008
career women are fine, the only one that have problems that the egotistical ones that want to be worshipped for their degrees.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by OsunAmazon: 4:47pm On May 08, 2008
i agree with no.1 but i disagree with number 2.  withholding sex would just make men runaway and push them towards to prostitutes.   since when did marriage become a lifetime yoke. definitely not in this millennium.   your idea would only lead to bitter marriages and lots of trophy wives. women want sex just as men so withholding it is stupid

What if we ban prostitution in Nigeria(although it's already illegal) and enforce it with a ten year improsonment for defaulters? Will that push men to marry more or become gay?
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by tngtech(m): 4:49pm On May 08, 2008
OsunAmazon:

What if we ban prostitution in Nigeria(although it's already illegal) and enforce it with a ten year improsonment for defaulters? Will that push men to marry more or become gay?

dat means you can kill ashawo girls. You nor want make them chop.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by OsunAmazon: 4:49pm On May 08, 2008
There's the marriage regime and the mistress regime, one has passed the other is available, why complain?
What is good for the geese should also be good for the gander. If she's good enough to be a mistress, that means, expired men should also be good enough as gigolos.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by OsunAmazon: 4:51pm On May 08, 2008
that means you can kill ashawo girls. You nor want make them chop
I hope you know ashawo men full everywhere now but it didnt deter women from getting married.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by hixxx1(m): 5:03pm On May 08, 2008
@Tngtech:- Which 'regime' are you talking about? You never know, I might even look younger than.

@Easybaby:- I grab o. I am very well paid. I am also well positioned in the company I work for. Many be you will get to know more when/if we chat online. My yahoo id is hixxx1.

@Busta:- Many thanks for your kind response.

@All:- Am still single and searching o. Abeg make una help me o.
Re: Over 30 Women, Who's To Blame? by bawomolo(m): 5:09pm On May 08, 2008
OsunAmazon:

illegal or not, people would still pay for sex. is circumcision not illegal in nigeria again men shouldn't be forced into bondage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lesbians Are Better That Gays / I Want To Test Drive A Chic On NL / In Search Of A True Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.