Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor (8444 Views)

Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / Wamakko To Service Chiefs, IGP: Resign Now For Dereliction Of Duties / Rivers State: PDP Lifts Disqualification Of 13 Aspirants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Geogeo1: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
Why We Lifted Suspension Of Sokoto Governor, Wamakko- PDP

The PDP gave two major reasons for lifting the suspension.

Nigeria’s ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP, on Monday lifted its suspension order on the governor of Sokoto State, Aliyu Wamakko, reversing one of its recent controversial decisions that helped polarize its already divided ranks.

The party said its decision followed a recommendation of a committee set up by President Goodluck Jonathan to evaluate the crisis rocking the party for months now, as well as an appeal by the party’s governor’s forum, headed by Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio.

Ironically, Mr. Wamakko had vowed not to recognise the PDP Governors Forum or attend its meetings.

The presidential committee, headed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, met with the party’s National Working Committee ahead of the rescinding of the suspension.

The party also announced that it has also resolved the controversy surrounding its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting, and will hold its NEC meeting finally on Thursday, the 20th of the month to address key issues in the party.

Mr. Wamakko was suspended from the party on June 5 for allegedly flouting party directives and showing disregard to the party’s National Chairman, Bamanga Tukur. His suspension came just days after his Rivers state counterpart, Chibuike Amaechi, was axed for similar reasons.
While the party named a committee to investigate Mr. Amaechi after the suspension, none was constituted for the Wamakko case. Mr. Amaechi remains under suspension. The party said on Monday that his case cannot be reviewed since it was now before a court.
Last week, at an event in Sokoto, Mr. Wamakko and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, slammed the party leadership, warning that they will not be intimidated by the party’s decision. Mr. Wamakko not only lambasted Mr. Tukur, but called for his removal and his replacement with former chairman, Ahmadu Ali.

Perhaps fearing a major division within the party, particularly one led by some of its most prominent governors, the National Chairman of the Party, Bamanga Tukur, and the party, ignored the Sokoto governors statements; as Mr. Tukur said on Monday he believed that the party would not have issues like this again.

“This issue will never come again. It is a great party, we believe in our nation. We need a party as a platform to stand on, but base on unity, discipline and commitment. We rescind the suspension of our governor of Sokoto,” he said.

On the NEC meeting, he said:”NEC is the requirement of our own party, to get in touch with the people to tell them of our programmes, like the state of the nation and also the state of the party. So we are going to have our NEC meeting on Thursday the 20th of this month by 12 p.m.”

Speaking separately on the development, Mr. Akpabio said the PDP governors had guaranteed to ensure Mr. Wamakko was of good conduct.

“We say as guarantors that we will be of good conduct and will do everything possible to continue to show respect to our part and to ensure that cordiality is maintained between the working committee and the PDP governors,” Mr. Akpabio said.
“We took this decision based on the numerous media reports, some of which are misleading and which are not really the true reflection of the relationship existing between the PDP governors and the working committee of our great party.

“Our appeal is that the working committee should reconsider the suspension of our colleague and just like they say both in the Koran and in the Bible that when your child offends you, you chastised the child but you call him back.”
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/138968-update-why-we-lifted-suspension-of-sokoto-governor-wamakko-pdp.html

The people Democratic Party(PDP) have reversed the suspension of Sokoto state governor Wamako from the party. It will be recalled that the embattled sokoto governor was suspended some days ago.
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by oshyno(m): 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
Just saw it on AIT. Hmm has he apologised.
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by CallmeJKLUE(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hmmmmn, Worof His Counter Part Ameachi?

1 Like

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by texaco1: 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
oshyno: Just saw it on AIT. Hmm has he apologised.
i guess a truce has been called and no he is on the president side ,this means that ameachi is down by one man
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Which Truce? D party was patently jittery and afraid of d backlash from d North

D oneness of d party faithfuls,state excos n regional excos sent a jolt down d spine of d PDP

D way n manner in wc d excos stood n sided wt d governor n sent a 'we dare u' message to abuja was too grievous a danger to be ignored

The same tyn hapnd in Niger state wia d excos pledged dia allegiance to d governor

Those who rant here dat d governors don't control d party(I mean PDP) shd beta perish d idea cos wen d chips r down,d governors wud bare dia fangs!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by texaco1: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Which Truce? D party was patently jittery and afraid of d backlash from d North

D oneness of d party faithfuls,state excos n regional excos sent a jolt down d spine of d PDP

D way n manner in wc d excos stood n sided wt d governor n sent a 'we dare u' message to abuja was too grievous a danger to be ignored

The same tyn hapnd in Niger state wia d excos pledged dia allegiance to d governor

Those who rant here dat d governors don't control d party(I mean PDP) shd beta perish d idea cos wen d chips r down,d governors wud bare dia fangs!
well maybe u are right,lets just wait and see
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by BabaEleko(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Confused party with confused people. Gbogboyin eni ku ire.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by lacasa: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Useless party, Useless members wt more useless supporters

2 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by HAH: 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
Why start a war you cannot win, they obviously saw the massive sopport from the people of sokoto and north west for him that why.

To be frank it is easier to remove Bamanga from PDP than to remove these super governors like wamakko,kwankwaso and lamido

2 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
I thought they said they were whipping the Governors into spec?

Nonesense people that have no clue how politics is played.

How can a President be powerful if he does not enjoy the unquestionable loyalty of his Governors?

I am not talking about Fear or Respect, I am talking about Loyalty!

And Loyalty here is a two way thing. Jonathan can not go about Lording the rest of his party. He just can not run that show!

1 Like

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by kokoA(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
PDP can only kick southern governors around. The north operates like a country of its own, politicians are lords in their domains and care-less about Abuja politics. I bet wamakko or any northern governor can insult GEJ, PDP, Tukur, etc and nothing will hapen to them, but that cannot be said of southern PDP governors. Selective justice is bad, PDP take note.

1 Like

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Confused party with confused people. Gbogboyin eni ku ire.

Alfa ewo ni ti epe! LWTMB oooo

I pity dos who r trying to discountenance d kind of politics played up north

Any discerning mind wud kno dat d Northerners av a game plan up dia sleeves 2wards 2015

U saw d way dey sent an 'in yr face' kinda message to abuja

Standing firm n unshakeable wt dia leaders

GEJ shd really kip it cool wt dem n concentra8 on delivering democracy dividends to all peradventure he cud convince other parts of Nigeria to give him a 2nd chance

But 4me n my house I represent change!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Mylove55(f): 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
Why did dem suspend him,in d first place.so tukur no get lever.na common wamako win tukur.Gej should go and beg amaechi,himself wil also be disgrace
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by christ4mi(f): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
HAH: Why start a war you cannot win, they obviously saw the massive sopport from the people of sokoto and north west for him that why.

To be frank it is easier to remove Bamanga from PDP than to remove these super governors like wamakko,kwankwaso and lamido
I couldn't agree more. Plus Sokoto Gov will never apologise to the PDP leadership. He is a Northwesterner, they are the most arrogant set of politcians in the North. An average Northwesterner think he is better than any Nigeria.
Yes I agree with ur term "super governors" From example in Kano, the Governor only invite The like of Buhari, Atiku, IBB to commission state projects, while in Jigawa it always obasanjo

2 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Pataki: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Spineless GEJ......a man who had all grace bestowed upon him....and he foolishly used his hands to scatter it all.

Wamakko is certainly bigger than GEJ and his PDP.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by alexy147(m): 4:01am On Jun 18, 2013
My problem here is that the yet to be registered APC is also as almost confused as PDP.,I had wish for them to step up there plans against 2015 because people like me are tired of the crappy politics played by PDP

3 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by marex: 4:30am On Jun 18, 2013
kokoA: PDP can only kick southern governors around. The north operates like a country of its own, politicians are lords in their domains and care-less about Abuja politics. I bet wamakko or any northern governor can insult GEJ, PDP, Tukur, etc and nothing will hapen to them, but that cannot be said of southern PDP governors. Selective justice is bad, PDP take note.
GEJ, take note! I've told you this times without number, you're just a bloody southerner as far as this guys are concerned! You fight your own people while this guys stand by theirs through thick and thin. Think again.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Smartlife(m): 4:51am On Jun 18, 2013
One tin i like abt pdp is that they can act season film in just one mnth......m still watchin season 1 n de hv realeased season 2. grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by fitzmayowa: 5:10am On Jun 18, 2013
Mylove55: Why did dem suspend him,in d first place.so tukur no get lever.na common wamako win tukur.Gej should go and beg amaechi,himself wil also be disgrace

Shot fired...Bros no vex ooo, your pidgin teacher just die grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by ogbole11: 5:23am On Jun 18, 2013
kokoA: PDP can only kick southern governors around. The north operates like a country of its own, politicians are lords in their domains and care-less about Abuja politics. I bet wamakko or any northern governor can insult GEJ, PDP, Tukur, etc and nothing will hapen to them, but that cannot be said of southern PDP governors. Selective justice is bad, PDP take note.

PDP will crumble like Expired cake. Wamako never apologised but d collective voice from d north sent shivers to PDP. Sign of d end-time for PDP.All the lootocrats in Dis Papa deceive pikin(PDP) must b brought to their kneels for their atrocities against Nigeria and their Trilions abroad must disappear in their own eyes in the name of the Lord, ameen.
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Wsdm: 5:27am On Jun 18, 2013
What Jonathan fails to understand is that; even if he plans to rig as the only option left for him in 2015, he needs some level of acceptance among the stake holders so as to allow him do so as they did in 2011( as he has lost it in the majority of the masses). Obassanjo that knelt down for Atiku in 2003 election knew what he was doing.
Instead of him to fulfil some encouraging aspect of his fake promises, he is busy fighting people here and there.

1 Like

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by abu12: 5:31am On Jun 18, 2013
texaco1:
i guess a truce has been called and no he is on the president side ,this means that ameachi is down by one man

Don't fool yourself, Wamako will always stand behind the speaker(aminu tambuwal) as PDP presidential candidate against GEJ anytime.
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by whiteeyes: 5:33am On Jun 18, 2013
Callme_JKLUE: Hmmmmn, Worof His Counter Part Ameachi?
Na wetin me sef dey think! And na Ameachi first go de punishmet oh. This is very unfair nah..
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by takedat(m): 5:40am On Jun 18, 2013
Double standard and kowtowing to the Northern establishment. Even after Wamakko rubbished and accused the chairman of incompetence following his suspension, he was recalled back but an (Amaechi) who followed the proper channel by seeking redress in the court of law is being made a scapegoat. Why can't the party recall him on the condition that he withdraws the suit challenging his suspension from court? Or is the party waiting for Patience Jonathan's approval before lifting his suspension cos we know she runs a parallel government? What a despicable bunch!

10 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Wsdm: 5:43am On Jun 18, 2013
whiteeyes:
Na wetin me sef dey think! And na Ameachi first go de punishmet oh. This is very unfair nah..
Because : 1 Ameachi's people showed great hatred and division towards their governor. My people Says: " it is the people behind a Masquerade that shows his strength".
2 that is how politics is run down south, anything goes.
3 Sokoto state is too important in a democracy to be toyed with. Because he will be playing with the entire region by that singular act.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by whiteeyes: 5:49am On Jun 18, 2013
Wsdm:
Because : 1 Ameachi's people showed great hatred and division towards their governor. My people Says: " it is the people behind a Masquerade that shows his strength".
3 Sokoto state is too important in a democracy to be toyed with. Because he will be playing with the entire region by that singular act.
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by Omen100(m): 5:50am On Jun 18, 2013
Its amazing how this party called pdp goes about tormenting the citizens of Nigeria with their politics & this is to say, if there was any form of casualty(human or material damage) this is how they would have settled themselves & allow the damage caused by their political rivalry linger in the lives of those affected, Nigerians my people, its high we start using our head to think & not what will enter our belly. Jonathan & his apologist should have known that loyalty can be bought, just the same way respect can't be bought but "EARN" because after each passing day, jonathan is exposing his weaknesses & I believed, one of his goon will pass my message to him, good day.

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:50am On Jun 18, 2013
If you like CPC click like here.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by whiteeyes: 5:52am On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=whiteeyes][/quote]
What a pity! The pp he thought he worked so hard for. Btw, AmeaChi's state gave a 100% support for pdp in last election, so why can't the party consider that too?
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by takedat(m): 5:52am On Jun 18, 2013
Wsdm:
I quite agree with your first point. SS leaders are showing a great disservice to the cause of GEJ. They should be in the vanguard of making reconciliatory moves, rather they have chosen to take sides instead of brokering peace. They are compromisers and not solution seekers! We've seen political rivals, staunch enemies up North come together just to protect and one of their own!

1 Like

Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by ewet: 6:11am On Jun 18, 2013
marex:
GEJ, take note! I've told you this times without number, you're just a bloody southerner as far as this guys are concerned! You fight your own people while this guys stand by theirs through thick and thin. Think again.

That had always bin my grouse with GEJ. He is loosing the fight.People are always quick to blame the SW for not supporting GEJ. However it is GEJ who hasn't done enuf to appease the region. He thnks he can run the sho all by himself.

If any of you knw this guy tell him he is joking!
Re: PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor by ideycraze: 7:04am On Jun 18, 2013
It's getting interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's School Certificate: How Real? / The Victor Banjo Story - The True Biafran Hero / Nigeria Custom Generates N95.7Billion In August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.