Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads (6785 Views)

Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? / Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways / FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by haybel: 11:20am On Jun 18, 2013
Let's face fact,government exist to promote the interest of the populace. The governor bans Okada,keke,a means of transportations for over 85% of the populace with no alternative,I sense insensitivity,so wen aboki start driving buses they ban buses too,I guess the people are used to hard life why not exacerbate it

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by uhuns: 11:21am On Jun 18, 2013
My brothers
we still dont know the limits of his definition and we are crying wolf.
What am trying to say is implication matters the most.
say if he barns it on all roads that starts from the kings square and maybe 5 other rd and all federal rd then it will be fine
I dont believe melee is used as get away ride.but he may see what we do not see.
all am saying is the implemention.that matters
Benin has alot of lanes they can operate. The buses and taxis relocate to wider roads.
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by abbeybanks(m): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2013
Giftforlife3: First okada now tricycle, i live in a very deep street in benin and cars dont go dere, dis is really bad what did he expect does riding okada to be doing now, some have many families to feed, did he expect them to go and steal

"It is not my wish to visit hardship to anyone, but it is my duty to provide security for the people of the state"
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by abbeybanks(m): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2013
haybel: Let's face fact,government exist to promote the interest of the populace. The governor bans Okada,keke,a means of transportations for over 85% of the populace with no alternative,I sense insensitivity,so wen aboki start driving buses they ban buses too,I guess the people are used to hard life why not exacerbate it

where did u get ur stats from?
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Acidosis(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2013
chidindufrank: Mortality rate caused by keke? Do you have any statistic to back this up? Mortality rate caused by okada,yes is higher, but,keke is one of the safest means of transportation in Nigeria

So I can also put my wheel barrow on the highway because its safe?

Aren't y'all tired of these ancient stuffs?
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Brisingr(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1099419/oshiomhole-cant-ban-okada-he
no be the comrade govenor talk this shite before ? The ban of okada isn't going to reduce crime it will increase it.On radio their was talks of job compensation for legitimate okada riders that are signed with the okada union but this same union collect fees from legit okada man and the non registered ones at bike parks
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2013
This is a typical scene of what high rate of unemployment/joblessness is all abt. Coming to a social network by dis time (11:38am) and see young souls busy here doing nothing than finger.ing thier phones/pcs typing unimportant/useless comments show that the economy is jerking and the govt is not helping matters. On an obvious scene, which gainfully employed souls would be here typing irrelevant comments when they've a lot on thier desks to deliver b4 4pm? Na joblessness dey cause am and to help keep the jobless souls busy, thus the emancipation of this forum. Gainfully employed folks only come here at night and chat. This is the result of high rate of unemployment. NA GOVERNMENT CAUSE AM!!!

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by thelastPope(m): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis: I'm quiet sure the governor didn't ban these stuffs because of security reasons.

He banned these things because he wants Edo to look good.. These keke napeps are so ugly especially when they queue up in tens and hundreds on the street.. and they often cause confusing on the roads making the whole place look like the pit of hell...

We cannot keep dreaming of development, better infrastructures WHEN we cannot do away with 19th century equipments!

This minute you want to be like Dubai..

The next minute you complain when the govt ban ancient materials.

Gosh!! can't believe people still crave for "okada" of all things in this jet age!

The people manufacturing these stuffs called keke napep, will never use it..

BTW, I heard the price of one keke napep is high (about N350K)..

Why would anyone spend such amount on that stuffs in the first place when you could easily get a fairly used car for taxi, rent a shop/office space, invest, do business etc...
Nigerians and quick money!

They just love the quick - quick method.
Whats wrong if people learn trade, other professional and vocational hand works.. AND leave transport business for those that can afford a beffitting taxi (government specification)

How long shall we stay under intense sun and rain on the roads even when we have the money to pay?!

Innoson can easily manufactured nice air conditioned yet cheap suvs for taxi drivers... Its not a bad idea.

You just come to a public forum and post nonsense. Are you the one that is going to buy airconditioned cars for these people? You just talk from your behind with so much insensitivity! Maybe you have uncles that have been dashing you money all your life! Maybe you have never gone through hard times before because you have a mummy breastfeeding you at age 25! If I could, I would come out from your computer or phone and slap your mouth for this nonsense you posted!

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by BabaAlabi: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
This is the result of putting insensitive tyrants in charge of the masses. Many nairalanders are from other states so this news does not affect them in anyway but Let's take a moment to think about the people that don't have cars and how they will get to their places of work on time. Let's think about the students who stay deep inside Ekosodin,BDPA and Osasogie because of the problem of inadequate accommodation. How are they going to reach their lectures on time? What about the family men using okada and keke to provide for their families? These questions require answers and Oshiomhole has provided none. The people are already suffering from epileptic power,lack of water and hunger. Oshiomhole wants to take their means of livelihood and add trekking on top. One man One vote is working.

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Acidosis(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

You just come to a public forum and post nonsense. Are you the one that is going to buy airconditioned cars for these people? You just talk from your behind with so much insensitivity! Maybe you have uncles that have been dashing you money all your life! Maybe you have never gone through hard times before because you have a mummy breastfeeding you at age 25! If I could, I would come out from your computer or phone and slap your mouth for this nonsense you posted!

Oga sir... Mr Internet slapper! Keep quiet or I'll use gum on your mouth!

If you read my post carefully, you'll realise I made mention of the cash these people spend on keke napep... Go and make your research and tell me where they got the money...

BTW, I don't have money but I can afford a wheel barrow..
Can I use it on the high way??
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis: I'm quiet sure the governor didn't ban these stuffs because of security reasons.

He banned these things because he wants Edo to look good.. These keke napeps are so ugly especially when they queue up in tens and hundreds on the street.. and they often cause confusing on the roads making the whole place look like the pit of hell...

We cannot keep dreaming of development, better infrastructures WHEN we cannot do away with 19th century equipments!

This minute you want to be like Dubai..

The next minute you complain when the govt ban ancient materials.

Gosh!! can't believe people still crave for "okada" of all things in this jet age!

The people manufacturing these stuffs called keke napep, will never use it..

BTW, I heard the price of one keke napep is high (about N350K)..

Why would anyone spend such amount on that stuffs in the first place when you could easily get a fairly used car for taxi, rent a shop/office space, invest, do business etc...
question mark needed here.
Nigerians and quick money!

They just love the quick - quick method.
Whats wrong if people learn trade, other professional and vocational hand works.. AND leave transport business for those that can afford a beffitting taxi (government specification)

How long shall we stay under intense sun and rain on the roads even when we have the money to pay?!

Innoson can easily manufactured nice air conditioned yet cheap suvs for taxi drivers... Its not a bad idea.

So many errors... No offence intended.

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
Acidosis:

So I can also put my wheel barrow on the highway because its safe?

Aren't y'all tired of these ancient stuffs?
The reason major reason for banning keke in edo state according to the article are security reasons. As for ancient stuffs,I'm tired of them,but, before you phase them out,modern alternatives are expected to be on ground in other to make the transition a simple exercise.
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by ogorsunday(m): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
nawa for these people ooo they want to bann everything wey people the use chop.from lagos to edo. next na ogun igo be.ha
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by fallingsky(m): 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=uhuns]My brothers
we still dont know the limits of his definition and we are crying wolf.
What am trying to say is implication matters the most.
say if he barns it on all roads that starts from the kings square and maybe 5 other rd and all federal rd then it will be fine
I dont believe melee is used as get away ride.but he may see what we do not see.
all am saying is the implemention.that matters
Benin has alot of lanes they can operate. The buses and taxis relocate to wider roads.
[/quote

Rubbish
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
emmysenior: Since na major roads... ee no too bad, cos if the ban was extended to access roads, that's when it would sound inhumane to me.
Cos people would have found it difficult to get to their homes.
Major roads my foot.d ban extends to all parts,even streets that r so un-motorable.its more painful when u come from d market with ur load and u have to trek a long distance in d special benin sun.Bros na trekking tins we dey for hia
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by lymelyte(m): 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
how can a damn vehicle increase crime rate
Are u dat daft? Don't u know that unemployment can and will increase crime rate. Which one is vehicle again?
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by owobokiri(m): 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
KEKE NAPEP is an eyesore. It is a sign of societal retrogression. It is not an improvement on okada, it is a three step backwards move. It is ugly , unsafe and dirty as the Indian cities where it came from. All state governments should hurry and ban this nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by lymelyte(m): 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
Oshiomole has just created a very big problem in this state. THe move is a good one but he ought to have generated other form of transportation for swift and easy transition before banning dis stuff.
Also,I am very sure banning of okada and keke napep isn't because of the security challenge the state is facing rather,his ulterior motive of beautifying the state which is far-fetched for now.
He has just proven to people that he cannot be relied on.
Is he trying to say that the effect of petty crime,is greater than unemployment in the state?
Why didn't he pre-informed this people atleast 6months prior to the ban?
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Slymonster(m): 1:47am On Jun 19, 2013
keke for me is just so ugly and it's crazy that the money they use in buying that rubbish is up to 250-300k..gosh...we all want to be developed like other countries but can't take steps that leads to it..the ban is a good thing atleast the road and beauty will come out but he should atleast provide alternative measures cos there are some streets that are so terrible you can't even use cars......sorry for those ones...
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by haybel: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
abbeybanks:

where did u get ur stats from?
do u have a fact that states other wise,and if u really interested in the figure,u can come to benin for lucid physical evidence,the city is now a ghost of its original self
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by OmniSparrow: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
That stuff about major roads is bullshit. It's all roads except d remotest villages. Now buses can't go to most places because the roads are not good. And many buses are hiking fares. The trekking is something else. Pple saying he did the right do not stay in this state that's why de can say such. Keke are eyesore...so we should trek and die? Painful that most pple applauding him here stay in other states and use okada like it's their birth right.
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by OmniSparrow: 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
This is a state that has no industry apart from guiness and coca cola and they use people like slaves. Most of the youths have resorted to travelling out and internet scam. When Oshiomhole was campaigning, he bought bikes to use. Now he's banning them. This is what is gotten when an illiterate is ruling. Pple dat specified certain level of educational qualification for public office holders knew what de were doing. Why will he be comparing here with lagos and rivers? Those places have industries, and good internal revenue. Here has nothing. And he wants to beautify here? It's like putting make-up on a dead person.

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by profshakur: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
All the boko haram from the north have found benin a safe heaven. They ride bike everywhere in benin with an intention of acting on what mohammed (swt) told them in the qu‘ran. Oshiomhole is dislodging them, not embracing them like kwanskwaso is doing in kano. Oshobaba, i support you

u see ur empty scull.hw can u use ur useless and dity mouth to utter an insulting word to the best of mankind and noble prophet of God (MUHAMMAD)may the peace of God b upon him.u fanatics, u can never see a muslim insulting jesus christ the son of mary and a noble prophet of God.may the peace of God b upon him too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Ngozi Iweala / Nigeria’s Public Debt Grows By 12.25%, Hits N24.387tn / BIAFRA: Nnamdi Kanu Arrives USA Ahead May30th Biafra Heroes Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.