Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread (5517 Views)

10 Striking Differences Between Nigeria And Ghana / Soninke (serahule) People And Ghana Empire / The Origin Of The Slang "419" And Ghana-must-go(the Bag) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
I do not know about some of you but i am tired of all the fighting, insults etc that goes on between all of us here on Nairaland.

We are all Africans and it is about time that we unite as one. Can't we all just get along as Africans, at least here on Nairaland?

Wherever you go, in each country you will get good and bad people so lets not make all the bad things that people do dictate how the rest of us are or behave.

Just imagine how far we could go if we all just get along cheesy

[img]http://pinkdiamondstl.files./2010/09/nigeria_flag.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by druid06(m): 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
I love South Africans and Ghanians..NOT!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
druid06: I love South African and Ghanians..NOT!!! grin grin
You do not have to love. You can start with like smiley
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by druid06(m): 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2013

2 Likes

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
druid06:

Just kidding, I'm cool with [b]other African countries..[/b]
WE are talking here about South Africa and Ghana lol i have seen your comments.
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Cute baby kiss the war between these countries will never end. Its a love-hate situation...you have not seen anything on nl, if you could go to BBA's pages on fb and twitter then you will understand btw I love S.A, Naija and Ghana grin ya'll are my sisters and brothers like it or not tongue

2 Likes

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by onila(f): 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
I LOVE SOUTH AFRICA AND GHANA

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by GHKWAME(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
WE are talking here about South Africa and Ghana lol i have seen your comments.
Hehe! Its so sad! Come and see the way Ghanaians were rooting for Tahiti! The rivalry is too much! (I am guilty myself)
When Black stars was playing qualification on sunday, nigerians on my twitter handle were covertly supporting Lesotho, they only came out to congratulate GH when Black stars sealed it.
The thing is the relics of the "aliens compliance order" prime minister Busia implemented in Ghana in the 60's was not fully implemented. Ghana today have a large HAUSA community
(Hausa is not a tribe of Ghana), any Zongo community in Ghana today trace their roots largely from Nigeria, Niger and Mali. I have heard of Ghanaians living in Zongo communities going to Nigeria for funerals and Vice versa, this. Shows that there is still a lineage contact, Sulley Muntari (AC Milan) a Zongo boy of Hausa extraction might trace his. Lineage to Nigeria. The traditional owners of Accra (GA) trace their lineage from Nigeria (ile ife).
I do not recall GH having a problem with SA.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
Even in Nigeria, we sometimes have our own problems getting along with other tribes, now what more of other countries. We have a long way to go cry

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
I think Ghanaians and Nigerians have got a love-hate relationship. I think the truth is we are too similar in a lot of ways which can cause a bit of friction. It is obvious both countries are very passionate about their countries and when it comes to sport especially they tend to have this competition going on. The funny thing is you will most likely find Ghanaians and Nigerians together in same place(Whether it be Sa, London, etc) at times we can even get mistaken from being from the other country. I do not think there is hate per say. But am sure somewhere there are Nigerians who hate Ghanaians and vice versa but i do not think the majority do. Well Ghanaians and Nigerians were one of the first Africans to come to South Africa so would have more contact with them. I'm not really sure about the relationship with Ghanaians and South Africans, so i cannot really answer on that. But i do wish we could all just get along. Lol at least sometimes.
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by dopeJemi: 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
A ghanaian girL was about 2 quit nairaLand 4 dis same reason buh decided to take a break after much persuading 4rm Me and some few others, and up tilL nau I stilL avnt seen Her... We realLy need 2 stop d fights and hate

Btw! I miss Her cry

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
GH KWAME:
When Black stars was playing qualification on sunday, nigerians on my twitter handle were covertly supporting Lesotho.
grin grin if I had a tail, I would have wagged it. When it come to Soccer, all I can say is that Likoena (Lesotho) doesn't really have what it takes in that field.

But we love ya'll

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
dopeJemi: A ghanaian girL was about 2 quit nairaLand 4 dis same reason buh decided to take a break after much persuading 4rm Me and some few others, and up tilL nau I stilL avnt seen Her... We realLy need 2 stop d fights and hate

Btw! I miss Her cry
Really? Wow well people should try not to take everything online so seriously. Even when we have our e-fights i never take anything seriously but i guess people are different and some may take things to heart(Which could create bad thoughts).
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
Kudos to *Semuhle*baby for creating this thread smiley

"We are all created by God, and blessed by being African brothers"

3 Likes

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
^^^ True, i just hope that it won't turn into an e-war lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
onila: I LOVE SOUTH AFRICA AND GHANA
Onila you can lie shocked shocked shocked grin grin tongue
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by dopeJemi: 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Really? Wow well people should try not to take everything online so seriously. Even when we have our e-fights i never take anything seriously but i guess people are different and some may take things to heart(Which could create bad thoughts).
same thing we toLd her buh shez a soft person and shez aLso emotionaL, not everyone has a strong Heart, I just hope she hasn't quit... Buh seriousLy, why d hate? I'm pretty sure we don't av a specific and valuabLe Reason 4 d hatred we av towards other countries, same with dem
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
dopeJemi: A ghanaian girL was about 2 quit nairaLand 4 dis same reason buh decided to take a break after much persuading 4rm Me and some few others, and up tilL nau I stilL avnt seen Her... We realLy need 2 stop d fights and hate

Btw! I miss Her cry
I sometimes feel like quiting too, the pressure overwhelms me @ times but some people alway drag me back. I now feel like a love child, sisters and brothers hating on me coz I don't share my mom with them but my love for Dad keeps me rolling with them.

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
On a serious note, well especially amongst Ghanaians and Nigerians as i do not know much South Africans. We do not hate each other. Yes we have competition(sport, movies lol basically everything even fufu and jollof rice) but we do not hate one another. I think out of all west African countries we can relate the most to each other. Ghanaians and Nigerians are like siblings, we fight, compete but at the end of the day we still got love for each other. In internet is where most of the fighting occurs, i do not see this happening in real-life.
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by dopeJemi: 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I sometimes feel like quiting too, the pressure overwhelms me @ times but some people alway drag me back. I now feel like a love child, sisters and brothers hating on me coz I don't share my mom with them but my love for Dad keeps me rolling with them.
lol! I feeL d same way sumtimes, I thought I was d onLy 1 feeLing d pressure

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by druid06(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
Comments on here are so funny that I think all members on this site are winnie little teenagers wanting to quite a good forum just because of some e-battle. You guys are pathetic.

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by ghboy: 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
dont know much of SA but Ghana n 9ja are like the Winchester brothers in the the tv series Supernatural or the Salvatore brothers in Vampire Diaries. they quarrel, fight and have bad times BUT they always got each others back. i believe the rivalry is only football and on the internet.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
^^^^ Lol guy calm down joor. Some people are sensitive, some people are tired and fed up. Let them enjoy the thread, after all there are more people like yourself who enjoy these e-fights and will continue to fight.
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by mytym(m): 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
Subomi-luv:
On a serious note, well especially amongst Ghanaians and Nigerians as i do not know much South Africans. We do not hate each other. Yes we have competition(sport, movies lol basically everything even fufu and jollof rice) but we do not hate one another. I think out of all west African countries we can relate the most to each other. Ghanaians and Nigerians are like siblings, we fight, compete but at the end of the day we still got love for each other. In internet is where most of the fighting occurs, i do not see this happening in real-life.

so true...of past african leaders i think one man Nigerians are quick to prescribe his methods to the Nigerian situation is Jerry Rawlings he once said this about us..."Africa is distressed because Nigeria is sleeping..." i think Nigerians and Ghanaians exhibit a kind of mutual loyalty that is very rare and growing the more.

I can presume its the opposite between S. Africa and naija as whatever love we once had for them is being continually severed.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by dopeJemi: 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
Selassie left because i remember this one e-fight people like red-light and co told her to leave Nairaland for Nigerians and their friends etc and she said that she did not want to start thinking bad things so it is best she leave the site. I have not spoken to her in a while but i really think she will not be coming back on Nairaland. But she was too emotional. I think if you are an emotional person then avoid such topics all together.
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by sigmundfreud(m): 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I sometimes feel like quiting too, the pressure overwhelms me @ times but some people alway drag me back. I now feel like a love child, sisters and brothers hating on me coz I don't share my mom with them but my love for Dad keeps me rolling with them.
Ouch!
How sweet...
Ow are u doing my friend?
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by 360command: 3:46am On Jun 18, 2013
I love ghana babes, benin babes, burkina babes, ivorian babes, sierra leone babes but I have not have a feel of the south african girl. I love u mamas of africa .I love anything black skin.

1 Like

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 18, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
I think Ghanaians and Nigerians have got a love-hate relationship. I think the truth is we are too similar in a lot of ways which can cause a bit of friction. It is obvious both countries are very passionate about their countries and when it comes to sport especially they tend to have this competition going on. The funny thing is you will most likely find Ghanaians and Nigerians together in same place(Whether it be Sa, London, etc) at times we can even get mistaken from being from the other country. I do not think there is hate per say. But am sure somewhere there are Nigerians who hate Ghanaians and vice versa but i do not think the majority do. Well Ghanaians and Nigerians were one of the first Africans to come to South Africa so would have more contact with them. I'm not really sure about the relationship with Ghanaians and South Africans, so i cannot really answer on that. But i do wish we could all just get along. Lol at least sometimes.
You are so on point. And if I may add, most of the hate comments you see are just on the internet. We are just enemies in the virtual world but it in the real world, one would think a Ghanaian and a Nigerian were twins. Some of the closest relationships I've made are with Ghanaians. The truth really is that we care more about Ghana than we care about Cameroon, Niger or Togo. Reason being that we are two English speaking countries close together, in the same region, with similar food and culture. And then in West Africa, Nigeria and Ghana are the real power horses. So that sparks up rivalry. When you see a Nigerian teasing Ghana and a Ghanaian teasing Nigeria in real life, chances are 99% that they're just teasing each other and having fun. I personally see Nigeria and Ghana as friendly rivals. Nigerians who truly hate Ghanaians and vice versa are in the minority.

Really, most of the hateful statements made on the internet are mostly made for fun. I don't think people are usually serious about it until somebody brings up wrong facts about the other country.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2013
sigmundfreud:
Ouch!
How sweet...
Ow are u doing my friend?
M fine thanks, how are you? its been a while. Where have you been?
Re: South Africa, Nigeria And Ghana Make Up Thread by SamConquer(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2013
**Passing By**

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword / Who Is HOTTER Of The TWO??? / The Full Meaning Of The Idoma Name ---elahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.