Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles (23538 Views)

Cameroon Launches First Air Strikes On Boko Haram / Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards / Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by tonychristopher: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
slim fit :
It's a terrible idea this just ridiculous. Scientists invent stuffs because it's necessary not because somebody has already done it. These Nigerian scientists don't even know what science is all about at all.

WHICH ONE YOUR PAPA INVENT?
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
Rossikk: While you were dozing in your room.
Dozing? Nbanu but let's get real. That thing is not an achievement. The ic engine design in this country still need improvement. No body is doing anything to help it so that we can have a real engineering design. Being able to produce an ic engine will be a real achievement not repainting some disused, engine that the world is no longer interested in. A fixing some metal and plastic on it and calling a press conference. That is thinking backward
U don't need a university degree to do that.
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by nostimi4u(m): 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
OMG! In dis 21st century. They must b joking. To me this's actually a failed project in disguise. Aba Nigerian Engineers must b really backward in quote if they can b celebrating this feast. 80cc motocycle;Laughing. Pls go bck 2d drawing board, work on something more significant & objective. Quantum innovation's wat we need pls. Thank U.
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by owobokiri(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
nostimi4u: OMG! In dis 21st century. They must b joking. To me this's actually a failed project in disguise. Aba Nigerian Engineers must b really backward in quote if they can b celebrating this feast. 80cc motocycle;Laughing. Pls go bck 2d drawing board, work on something more significant & objective. Quantum innovation's wat we need pls. Thank U.

Some of you are just pathetic! A Nigerian institution builds a motorcycle from start to finish locally and all you guys can do is to point at what else they didn't do as you froth in the mouth. So this is unnecessary, right? I guess the Japanese and Chinese who build factories that fabricate both the bush lanterns and generators you use in Nigeria although they have 24/7 power supply are dumb, yet the go home with your billions. How many Nigerians use motorcycles? Millions! Even if Okada is totally banned as a means of transportation in Nigeria, there will still be private users not to talk of the big market in the francophone countries who exported this crazy alternative as a means of transportation to us. I just don't know what you guys want. You want them to build a spaceship overnight? with what funding? If this project was carried out in Lagos, we will have some of you shouting your heads off. This is a solid achievement and no matter how late, it is a good step in the right direction! The engines were fabricated LOCALLY! That is no mean feet.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by brightnelly(f): 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
life_style: when motorcycle is been banned every where..

+ this looks like a lady's machine undecided

Lolx see the trafficator
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by afrikanns: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
they should distribute it to their relatives siiimmmple

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 19, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Are you not older than Mark Zuckeberg?

U nko?. If u have brain at all u will be ashamed that engineers are assembling ladies machine in 2013. A machine that is already extinct in Nigeria. U invent to provide a solution not for the sake of inventing. Who will buy that? Where is the market for it. Engineers who went through university, did machine design and thermol and the likes as a course are producing rubish u are celebrating. Not too long ago, and Kenya produced an electric car.
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 19, 2013
owobokiri:

Some of you are just pathetic! A Nigerian institution builds a motorcycle from start to finish locally and all you guys can do is to point at what else they didn't do as you froth in the mouth. So this is unnecessary, right? I guess the Japanese and Chinese who build factories that fabricate both the bush lanterns and generators you use in Nigeria although they have 24/7 power supply are dumb, yet the go home with your billions. How many Nigerians use motorcycles? Millions! Even if Okada is totally banned as a means of transportation in Nigeria, there will still be private users not to talk of the big market in the francophone countries who exported this crazy alternative as a means of transportation to us. I just don't know what you guys want. You want them to build a spaceship overnight? with what funding? If this project was carried out in Lagos, we will have some of you shouting your heads off. This is a solid achievement and no matter how late, it is a good step in the right direction! The engines were fabricated LOCALLY! That is no mean feet.
Bros the IC engine was not made in Nigeria. There is no Nigeria institution that have successfully design and manufacture one. Uniben did one but no body apart from Uniben has tested it.
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by luluosas(m): 8:16am On Jun 19, 2013
This news would have been more cheering, if this was developed in the 80s and 90s. Today, most states have ban the use and operation of motorcycles in their states, even including tricycles as well.
Therefore, I don't cheer it now.
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by dougnat: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
Mtcheeeeeww..wat a confuse country...whr d d̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅̄s̶̲̅ yeye ladies bike wen una do 1 kor take ride?
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Rossikk(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Mee234:
Bros the IC engine was not made in Nigeria. There is no Nigeria institution that have successfully design and manufacture one. Uniben did one but no body apart from Uniben has tested it.
The engine for that motorcycle was made in Nigeria. Now kindly shut your trap and move on.
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 20, 2013
Rossikk: The engine for that motorcycle was made in Nigeria. Now kindly shut your trap and move on.
By who? Who conceptualize it. I mean who work from first principle. I need the name(s) of the person or persons. Let know cos I need to for......
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 20, 2013
congratulation, go naija.
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
To All these bad belle tribalists, aside d state capitals and Lagos state, are they not using bikes everywhere in Nigeria? Cant we export these bikes to other countries?

I have not seen a more embittered tribe than the ------
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 22, 2014
gratiaeo:
My friend shut that gutter

u just one fool. sure ur parents didnt teach u well.
Re: Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 28, 2015
gratiaeo:

My friend shut that gutter

Am sure ur father brought you up this way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jackson Ude To Keyamo: Explain Why Tinubu Paid $4million In A Cocaine City / Erosion!!! Save Our Land And Heritage: Orumba People Cry For Help!!!! / Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: Explain Whereabouts Of Your Commissioner Arrested Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.