Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible (1146 Views)

Breaking: Efcc Questions suswan / Special Asistant To Gov. Suswan Dies In Government House / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by lekanolas: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
Just finished reading an interview with Gov. Gabriel Suswan of Benue state. In the interview, Suswan called one of his colleagues, Gov. Aregbesola of Osun State, unprinted names for recording the proceedings of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum election. Below are excerpts from the interview:

The Nigerian Governors’ Forum, NGF, is facing leadership crisis after its election in May. What is your take on the crisis?

The Nigerian Governors’ Forum is a voluntary forum; no governor is under compulsion to be a member of that forum.

In fact, the governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola, hardly attends its meeting. The only meeting he attended was this last one that they said they were holding the election where unfortunately he was the one who recorded and sent a video on internet. We never had such level of irresponsibility of a colleague recording activities of colleagues and sending it on You Tube.

That was the first meeting that he was attending. What I am trying to say is that no governor is under compulsion to attend the forum. Those who conceived the idea of governors having a forum was for us to be able to do peer review of ourselves.
The fallout of the NGF election has polarised the Northern States Governors’ Forum. What is really the situation?
There is no pretence about my position. I will find it difficult to sit in a meeting with leaders who after taking a decision, will do something else. It is difficult for some of us to sit in meetings with people like that.

And so, it is true that the Northern Governors’ Forum is polarised. It is polarised because it is no longer honourable to meet as a people to take a decision.

If people can do that, then most of us don’t see reasons why we should sit in such a meeting because before, any decision that we take was a collective decision and in this instance, we took a decision and some people did something different. Of course, Yuguda said something and I think I fully associate myself with the views expressed by him.

We need to check up ourselves otherwise it will be difficult for us even the Northern governors to trust ourselves again because people will not be ready to sit in a meeting and discuss something knowing that what other people will go out and do will be different from what we jointly agree on. So, that presents some challenge and difficulty.

Continue reading from here: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/why-i-pulled-out-of-northern-governors-forum-suswam/
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by spenca: 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
Op The phrase is IRRESPONSIBLE not "INRESPONSIBLE" may ALLAH bless you as you modify it..
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by moodswing(m): 4:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
spenca: Op The phrase is IRRESPONSIBLE not "INRESPONSIBLE" may ALLAH bless you as you modify it..

Loool.
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by LFJ: 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
Who is more irresponsible than a governor that is calling another governor irresponsible just because the other choose to expose the fraud of criminals. I can't imagine the kind of stories these ppl will be telling us now if not that we have the chance to watch this video.
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by HAH: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
LFJ: Who is more irresponsible than a governor that is calling another governor irresponsible just because the other choose to expose the fraud of criminals. I can't imagine the kind of stories these ppl will be telling us now if not that we have the chance to watch this video.

Don't mind the zombie,he is angry because aregbe exposed them. As you said suswam is the irresponsible one and also Jang for fooling himself that he is the chairman. A fool at 70 is a fooll till his grave.
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by mankand(m): 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
Is Suswan from PDP? I need to know because only people from the cancer party are families to controversy
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by gregg2: 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
But, Aregbe was once alleged to have mental problems by some indigents of Osun state.
They had threatened court action and suggested he be admitted in a psychiatric hospital for treatment.
Suswam may not be too far from the truth
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
gregg2: But, Aregbe was once alleged to have mental problems by some indigents of Osun state.
They had threatened court action and suggested he be admitted in a psychiatric hospital for treatment.
Suswam may not be too far from the truth
hunhun, and he successfully served as commisional in Lagos b4 becoming a gov. in Osun?
If there is nothing fishy in that there meeting why would anybody care about the video Aregbe posted?
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by gregg2: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
cogitoErgo:
hunhun, and he successfully served as commisional in Lagos b4 becoming a gov. in Osun?
If there is nothing fishy in that there meeting why would anybody care about the video Aregbe posted?

Google it. The issue was widely reported in the media and even here on nairaland
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
gregg2:

Google it. The issue was widely reported in the media and even here on nairaland
being widely reported does not mean its true!
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by EkoIle1: 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
It is possible to be irresponsible for doing the most responsible thing by exposing fraudulent activities?

This is the same sad impunity and absurd sense of entitlement these clowns think they deserve and must never be questioned...
Re: Gov. Suswan Calls Gov. Aregbesola Irresponsible by Pukkah: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
We need a lot more of such 'irresponsible' actions to expose the rot in the land and possibly liberate the country from its wicked leaders.

Honestly, the more these so called members of the Jang's gang talk, the more they make members of the Amaechi's gang look like heroes or geniuses.

With the controversy that followed the NGF election, what exactly did Jang Gang expect them to do with the video - cook and eat it up? Of course they did the expedient thing with it.

Who is the dullest among 'Sulking' Suswam, Prodigal Akapbio, Theo Orji, Yuguda, 'Mimicry' Mimiko, and Jang that's leading the tango? Compare them to the likes of Fashola, Ajimobi, Oshiomhole, Kwakwanso and Amaechi.

(1) (Reply)

The God Almighty And Slave Master Uche Ekwunife Part 2 / Lagos And Niger Delta’s Oil / New Islamic Sect In Nigeria Named Kala Kato

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.