Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,302 members, 7,842,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? (24103 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omoge(f): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2007
lol wink @ ola
I will tell you something, One of me is enough for you wink. No, I wouldn't like to share my bobo's Johny with anyone wink. Not in this lifetime.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by laudate: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2007
Tanna:

Yes- I am off my sick bed, and I still don't mind a second wife.

I don't think a woman should have a second husband because women aren't intended to RECEIVE from different men. Men, naturally and biologically are made to plant their seeds and dominate whereever.

Also, many men in the bible had wives(S) and still found favor in God's sight.
I am not Muslim, I am Christian, and I have yet to see where this is FORBIDDEN.

Now- of course[b] it would be weird because I am American,[/b] and live in america but its much more upright than the SCORES of women who knowingly or secretly tolerate cheating men, and his mistress for years.

All, I am saying is that cheating i wrong - but A second wife is legit.

Ah, now I get it. . . . .Tanna is American, has lived in the States all her life, where polygamy is illegal, and has probably never had any encounters with polygamy itself, up close and personal. No wonder she has such an idealistic view of polygamy!! shocked

Maybe the closest she has been to polygamy, has been through the films she watched on the big screen or through gossip she heard from other ladies in the rest room. Anyway, am just guessing. Ehm. . .Tanna, have you ever been in love with a married man or dated one, perhaps? Just curious. wink
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Banderas(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2007
laudate:

Ah, now I get it. . . . .Tanna is American, has lived in the States all her life, where polygamy is illegal, and has probably never had any encounters with polygamy itself, up close and personal. No wonder she has such an idealistic view of polygamy!! shocked

Maybe the closest she has been to polygamy, has been through the films she watched on the big screen or through gossip she heard from other ladies in the rest room. Anyway, am just guessing. Ehm. . .Tanna, have you ever been in love with a married man or dated one, perhaps? Just curious. wink

Hmm, Mormons exist in the US, and they are not treated as criminals. Polygamy is permitted in the US, but it simply isn't Legal. In other words, you can have more than one wife (or husband), but you can't have more than one legal sp
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by laudate: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2007
olanajim:

If indeed polygamy is a product of men insatiable appetite for sex, how do you explain a man marrying a widow that had passed her menopause stage? Or a man with low sex drive marrying at old age? You can't tell me this is not as prevalence as marrying sexy damsels. I stand by my logic!

Menopause has little to do with a woman's sexual desire, and more to do with fertility levels. Ask any gynaecologist. That a woman has passed menopause, doesn't mean she can no longer indulge in intimate, romantic encounters. It just means she is no longer producing eggs. Period.

As for a man with a low sex drive, he may decide to get married in order to present a 'front' to society (i.e. give the impression that he is a happily married man), so that he wouldn't be tagged as an irresponsible, elderly fool who is still single at an old age. So. . . .does that answer your question?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by laudate: 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2007
Banderas:

Hmm, Mormons exist in the US, and they are not treated as criminals. Polygamy is permitted in the US, but it simply isn't Legal. In other words, you can have more than one wife (or husband), but you can't have more than one legal sp

Oh. . . .are you saying Tanna is a Mormon?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Seun(m): 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2007
No man I know will agree to such a brain-dead proposition, to be a woman's second husband! So, I think the real question is why any woman will agree to enter into such a relationship. Why play second fiddle?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2007
because they are idiots

Btw Mormons arent allowed to pratice polygamy anymore the few that still do IN SECRET are seriously frowned upon.

laudate, you dey mind am? She saw an episode of Big Love and all of sudden understands polygamy
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Iman3(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2007
Tanna mentioned that she was ill.While I wish her speedy recovery,I wonder whether this illness is of the mental variety undecided
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by spoilt(f): 11:50pm On Aug 23, 2007
I-man:

Tanna mentioned that she was ill.While I wish her speedy recovery,I wonder whether this illness is of the mental variety undecided

tanna's illness may have corroded some brain cells.

olanajim:

Thanks for the complement. I actually fancy taking on Omoge, Spoilt and those who vehemently oppose men and brand men as promiscuous just because they take a second wife. I think that is the only way I can prove my words. Should they discover that my ideal doesn't work, I will gladly ''sign-out''. I think it would be fun seeing the best of Omoge et al as they 'live the dream'. Maybe they would start singing a new tune thereafter.

everyone on nairaland land knows that spoilt is taken. lock,stock and barrell!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by spoilt(f): 11:52pm On Aug 23, 2007
@thiefofhearts
seriously she saw big love on tv and it looked glamourous. why would a woman want half a man or a third of a man ejo? or even worse a quarter biko ? 
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2007
she mustv'e been smoking ganj on the hospital bed. i can't even decipher why anyone would want to share. tufiakwa! in sickness or in health, rich or poor, i no dey share nathing. i'm too selfish. when you sign the dotted lines, then you have been legally bound not to share your man and his kini. kulus kalas. simple! angry
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by debosky(m): 12:04am On Aug 24, 2007
which one be kini kulus kalas? I suspect Mr. spoilts abunna has made you speak strange languages grin grin

but seriously? a second wife is more trouble, simple and short. they will begin to fight, scheme against each other, maltreat each others kids, fight for your attention, manipulate you against the other, maybe even try to kill you because you love one more than the other.

what sane man would want this kind of wahala under his roof intentionally?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omogenaija(f): 12:06am On Aug 24, 2007
@ debo thank u for saying that
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

clapping for debo 100000x
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by spoilt(f): 12:07am On Aug 24, 2007
a man who thinks the sex is worth the house being torn down around his ears.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omoge(f): 1:57am On Aug 24, 2007
i once heard that when it comes to sex, some guys think with their Kini kulus kalas  grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ssRhino: 2:04am On Aug 24, 2007
Cos the man wanna die quick, cos one woman, one wahala, 2 women, 10 wahala, and 3 women is like playing with teh devil grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omogenaija(f): 2:11am On Aug 24, 2007
$$Rhino:

Cos the man want to die quick, because one woman, one wahala, 2 women, 10 wahala, and 3 women is like playing with the devil grin

which type of math is that ?

and who told u that women r wahala angry grin angry
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ssRhino: 2:13am On Aug 24, 2007
All human are wahala, even a babe that dates more than one man is same math
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omogenaija(f): 2:14am On Aug 24, 2007
i know , all humans except moi ask around cool
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ssRhino: 2:17am On Aug 24, 2007
omogenaija, leave that side, everyone has their own wahala, give me names and numbers to call to confirm if you be wahala or not, i am sure when i call, i will find out that u be double trouble, shine ur teeth grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 3:24am On Aug 24, 2007
see these nairalanders misquoting me. grin ha! kulus kalas means money don finish (or something like that) in arabic.
@omoge well done o. lol
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 3:26am On Aug 24, 2007
any of you that are familious with the yoruba program "Baba Kuete" on ibadan TV, you go sabi that expression "kulus kalas." that is one of his trademarks grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 3:27am On Aug 24, 2007
if you like, call me a razz girl, i no send grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Tanna(f): 4:02am On Aug 24, 2007
No, Tanna is not Mormon. Tanna's mind is just freed from the religiousness of man and societal dictated morality.

My illness was not MENTAL nor was it LIFE Threatening. IT WAS DEBILITATING, and CRIPPLING, and PAINFUL. And thanks to God, I happen to be healed from it now.

I have not been in love with a married man, nor have I dated one - what was your point?

And just like you can't see why I condone polygamy - I don't see why you would have sex with someone you aren't married to. Why are women so "independent" that sleeping around is the first and foremost task on her independent agenda? You need to get your mind right and understand WHY GOD MADE YOU and what your role is as a WOMAN.

My wishful thinking about the second wife, was because I wanted my husband to have the support he needed as a man, and king of our household. I wasn't able to do that for him. I really felt like he was being punished in the midst of my sickness, and I wanted him to have comfort, and the basics like a hot meal, someone to talk to who was NOT complaining daily of her ills, someone to hang out with, to rub his back after a long week's work, to kiss him and tell him I would be okay, and provide some sexual satisfaction. I wanted someone to step in and be me- since I could not be me. He's a good good man, and I just hated that he went without so much for such a long time.

Then, my kids basically lost their mother- yet I wasn't dead - I was just helpless and useless. cry
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 4:19am On Aug 24, 2007
i'm in the twilight zone again!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 4:21am On Aug 24, 2007
toto, we're really not in kansas anymore! clicks heals together and this time actually vanishes!   tongue grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by olanajim(m): 4:43am On Aug 24, 2007
Tanna
Don't let people's ignorance dampen your spirit. Many of them are just unreasonable, they are basically here to express their frustration and not discurs . A lively forum must take into cognizance the opposing views, and not personalizing issues. We are here to know 'why' men go for second wife and not to 'condemn' those who have opposing views as mentally deranged. Such attitute will make the discursion one-sided and no meaningful result at the end. Those with even better contributions would just stay away.

Seun,
you made a point which these venom-spitting ladies still refused to grasp. I had earlier raised the issue. Women like to blame their every woes on men. I INSIST THAT MEN ARE DOING WOMEN A FAVOUR BY GOING POLYGAMOUS. I say WITHOUT MINCING WORDS THAT WOMEN MAKE POLYGAMY ATTRACTIVE. If NO WOMAN AGREE TO BE SECOND WIFE, POLYGAMY WOULD DIE A NATURAL DEATH. The fact however remains that certain factors contribute to the making of polygamy. As long as those factors present we would always have polygamy regardless of the opposition. No woman, No polygamy. I just wonder why they are blaiming men.

Omoge,
how can you be so sure that you are up to the task? Sure, from the way you are I can say with a woman like you, no man need polygamy. Just pray that your bobo would not K'AGBAKO OBINRIN. I know that if a woman want a man badly, she would get him by whatever mean. I like your contributions so far, at least you didn't say polygamists are mentally deranged people. You can give me a trial, but it is too late,

Sincerely, I now understand why some women are on the receiving end. I am surprised that beyond the polygamy we are meant to discursed, I could see something more. I hope I am not the only active observant in the house. I am learning.

I am learning why some polygamy wouldn't work; I am learning why monogamy would eventually produce either of a cheating partner, polygamy, or a broken home. I am also understudying psychology of women against women!

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by olanajim(m): 5:17am On Aug 24, 2007
From the way Tanna was attacked, I just imagine what a home it would be to have that kind of opposing sides UNDER ONE ROOF! It would be fun, not trouble as you think. God help you! Sincerely, I don't know why we would descend so low as to attack individuals even when she is happy. They also reduced men to sex objects! That kalas kulus nuissance, have no correllation with the Arabic word it was meant to expressed. Arabic word for money is 'M'olun', Dinar. I read Arabic at secondary school and still remember vividly. That of sex is even outside it.

Laudate,
I have been enjoying your arguments. I love to read them. But I disagree with your way of twisting facts to support your arguments.

Your logic baffled me! Why would a man with low sex drive keep chains of women just to pose as socially responsible? Are the women under him so dumb they don't know their right from wrong? Why would any sane woman agree to that kind of union? I strongly disagree with your reasoning. At any rate, this is for women not men. Why would a sane woman agree to be used by men for whatever reason only to blame the menfolk afterward?

For the menopause women getting married, you are missing the point, my dear. Men don't marry menopaused women for fun, sex, whatever. If that is so, a randy man would not leave his wife of many years who had just attained menopause and go after young blood. Please do more research. When Nelson mandela, remarried, it was obviously not for sex. The woman he married was not a young lady.

Marriage is not about sex, children and living with a woman. A man marry for many reasons. My own point of choosing monogamy is predicated on my understanding of marriage itself. All these nuissance about sex is what I don't understand. During courtship, couples have sex, but something is missing. That is why it was not marriage. Since marriage is not about sex, it is logically right to guess that polygamy is also not about sex. We may just need to be fair and look deeper.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by fatty27: 7:03am On Aug 24, 2007
Na wa o!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2007
Tanna:

And just like you can't see why I condone polygamy - I don't see why you would have sex with someone you aren't married to. Why are women so "independent" that sleeping around is the first and foremost task on her independent agenda? You need to get your mind right and understand WHY GOD MADE YOU and what your role is as a WOMAN.

Now you're just being disgusting. I suggest you slow your role. Because we dont believe in a woman subjecting herself to being second or third or fourth in a man's life doesnt mean that we sleep around, you psychotic shrew.

The hell do you even know about independence? Obviously not much. Is that what you believe it to mean? the freedom to be a LovePeddler? So because you believed your helpless husband couldnt help himself while you were sick, you are running your mouth and yaning alkl kind of dust. What part of the voews "IN SICKNESS AND HEALTH" escaped you and him? Better stop embarrassing yourself and go and take your prozac or zantax or whatever crazy pills you are obviously in need of.

You obviously know NOTHING about polygamy. You think another woman would wanna take care of your raggedy kids? Again, BIG LOVE doesnt show the true form of polygamy. Your story is completely like episode 1 of Big Love. Infact now I think you're just making this entire crap up. carry go.

awon akata oshi de pelu oshi won ni yen. iranu.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2007
oljinm, I like how you keep ranting like some women/children arent forced into the polygamy life

If a woman is a 2st wife, believe that God has granted her someone that will love her forever while she does the same for him and all of a sudden the jackass brings in another woman. What is she to do? Personally I would say she should get a divorce/annulment etc, but some women don't agree with that  for whatever reasons be it due to religion, etcwhich is fine. Either way it's still not their fault

Now the other ones who join in like the 2nd wife's and the ones after, now they I blame a great deal.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by olanajim(m): 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2007

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? / Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice / Benue Flood Victim Delivered Of Triplets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.