Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria (22905 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by dolphinife: 7:43am On Jun 19, 2013
Reading all the comments above, it is very clear that some of us have a short memory. Osaze raised pertinent questions which also raise it ugly head between NFF and super eagles last week. The man(osaze) was brought up in a liberal environment where injustice was seen as a bane to growth.

Through these irresponsible comments, nobody has look at the issues raised by osaze, what he kick against and some other social anomalies. Look at what NFF did to Emenike. When all the punishments and embargos were being placed on Osaze, even joseph yobo was so happy that his enemy has been put to shame. The same fate befell Yobo after the nations cup, and he's crying more than the bereave now.
Osaze stand for justice, equity and progress. Instead of criticising osaze, we should condemn the divide and rule actions of these NFF who are head-bent on appropriating all the money meant for the players to themselves.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by premlove(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2013
eltido: Hmm..everyone loves success.anyhow odemwingie is a better striker than any nigerian striker nw
u are right bt we dont need him nw we dont need rebel
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by solomon111(m): 7:51am On Jun 19, 2013
We need osaze badly.
Ideye and musa are not cutting it all.
Imagine the Nigerian front-three comprising of osaze, emenike and victor moses.
That would be a formidable attack.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Fantacy1(m): 7:53am On Jun 19, 2013
To err is human but 2 4giv is devine... Ketshi shud 4get d past and focus on lifting dis cup if possible. D fact is dat both Keshi and Osaze ar proud yet God still accomodate dia pride...

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by amonzeus(m): 8:01am On Jun 19, 2013
hollandis:
Are u a learner?
u sir needs to start learing frm her

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by SaintChukz(m): 8:04am On Jun 19, 2013
amonzeus: u sir needs to start learing frm her
Ode...,it's a she or can't you see her gender? Don't just rush to post anything when you feel like it, always pay attention to detail.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by joseph1013: 8:06am On Jun 19, 2013
olowodaran: remember how osaze ignored germany because of nigeria. If we can't repay him nw then when?t he is beta than ideye and he is d only one that cn utilizes d passes of mikell

Guy, it's too early to get drunk.

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Olufonade: 8:06am On Jun 19, 2013
mama-gee:
So after ignoring the team during their worst times...

He wants to return when the team is beginning to build up as a reckoning force.

I hope Keshi ignores this ranting goat and continue improving the team with the players he's provided with

With a player like Odemwingie, Nigeria have no patriots

They Pride begins downfall. If Nigeria is bad, what about West Brom?
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Simulacrum(m): 8:07am On Jun 19, 2013
Alot of peeps saying Osaze is proud, not needed this and that, just ask them what crime Osaze committed they cant state. Judging from our performance against Tahiti i think Nigeria really needs Osaze.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by SaintChukz(m): 8:13am On Jun 19, 2013
dolphinife: Reading all the comments above, it is very clear that some of us have a short memory. Osaze raised pertinent questions which also raise it ugly head between NFF and super eagles last week. The man(osaze) was brought up in a liberal environment where injustice was seen as a bane to growth.

Through these irresponsible comments, nobody has look at the issues raised by osaze, what he kick against and some other social anomalies. Look at what NFF did to Emenike. When all the punishments and embargos were being placed on Osaze, even joseph yobo was so happy that his enemy has been put to shame. The same fate befell Yobo after the nations cup, and he's crying more than the bereave now.
Osaze stand for justice, equity and progress. Instead of criticising osaze, we should condemn the divide and rule actions of these NFF who are head-bent on appropriating all the money meant for the players to themselves.
Good Commentary...until i joined, you were the only one who had posted a sensible comment here, unlike all the previous senseless and hypocritical posts. The fact still lingers that the questions Osaze raised during his twitter rants are still being left unanswered and this shows there is a fundamental flaw with the whole system, i believe players like Osaze are not exactly the problem with our football or sports but associations like the NFF are, not until such fundamental flaws are corrected then we'll just keep moving in circles. Last Note...Osaze would have being a far more effective striker than the combined duo of Musa and Ideye right now.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by ZURYZEST(m): 8:14am On Jun 19, 2013
“ I would like to play international football again of course, if my country calls on me I will go and help them,[/color]
mind your words, you are not coming to help us, you are only doing yourself a big favor[color=#990000]
. all your watery words have suddenly turned sour. we will help by giving you a chance to play on the national team, this is only possible if coach keshi take thought of it shaa
THEM DON GET YOU......... "WAN TI GET EEE"
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Bome01(m): 8:18am On Jun 19, 2013
Thanks but no thanks Osaze. . . We are OK with the strikers we have. . . You are yesterdays news. . . Live with it!!!
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by SaintChukz(m): 8:22am On Jun 19, 2013
mama-gee:

I hope Keshi ignores this ranting goat and continue improving the team with the players he's provided with

This comment belittles your intelligence....because it's just tactless and thoughtless.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Love is the key. Keshi should keep aside personal grudges and focus on taking this country to the next level. I think osaze must have learnt his lessons. Keshi, nff, and nigerians at large should do well to forgive him. united we stand.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2013
collynzo2: In the future?? At what age?
in the future, if his services is still needed.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by prayNaija: 8:42am On Jun 19, 2013
Do we have forgiveness in our agenda at all. I have never seen a patriot like osaze. even if nigeria could not win any trophy in his time of playing. He has never refused callups to his fatherland. Even Mario Baloteli is far worse in terms of character. But they can still get the best out of him. Nigerians wise up! Keshi has been saying that Osaze has never told him he still wants to play for Nigeria. Now that he has said it openly, World Cup is still there. He can still play good football now that we don't have strikers in the team.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by DominicEme: 8:44am On Jun 19, 2013
Emmadani: keshi pls av mesi,act like a fada,4give n 4get.Rememba d prodigal son,bring him back.Biko
remba he never he ask 4 forgives he only makes suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by tintingz(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2013
he has learnt his lesson. . .oga keshi call your boy back
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 19, 2013
*Osaze* u ar needed n dis forum. Some ppl hav condem u as an "IDIOT" so plis listen and arrest any baga hu talks bad against u. Am ur wittness grin cry
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Freiburger(m): 9:02am On Jun 19, 2013
The guy has got some a burning desires in him, and he is confident he can still make an impact, so why would a new chance be completely ruled out? Meanwhile, these kind of burning desires usually yield good results in most cases.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by segzyj(m): 9:05am On Jun 19, 2013
femzybiz: Nigerian international, Osaze Odemwingie has hinted that he hasn’t shut the door on his international career,adding that he will be available to play for Nigeria if selected. Odemwingie has been left out of the Super Eagles since February 2012,after he fell out with coach Stephen Keshi and also the Nigerian Football Federation(NFF),taking to the social media,Twitter, to vent his anger.

I would like to play international football again of course, if my country calls on me I will go and help them, I can never say no to my country,” Odemwingie said on the BBC while acting as a pundit in Nigeria’s game against Tahiti in the FIFA Confederations Cup.

The West Brom attacker also had a problem with his club,after he failed to secure a move away from the club in January,to join Queens Park Rangers.

But Odemwingie who was frozen out of West Brom’s team,before making substitute appearances,said that he would likely leave the midlands club in search of regular football.

“I thought things could be done easier, there was a new manager who came in and it didn’t go in my favour. I was moved out of my position. I made my name by scoring goals.” “It looks like I will leave the Hawthorns. We are talking now – but where I’ll end up I don’t know,” Odemwingie said. “I want playing time. Even if it is a team that is not so good, from the Championship – I will go” there as I just want to play.”

Osas the captain of twitter fc
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2013
Keshi do no go back to your vomit like a dog, forget about all those players of the past. It's not a coincidence that we won a trophy after you dropped them and brought in new set of players. It's shocking that after winning AFCON 2012, people are clamouring for the return of players who couldn't even qualify us for AFCON 2012. Those saying Odemwingie is the answer to our striking problems, how many goals did he score in ten years of playing for Nigeria? Answer = 9
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by fujirice: 9:10am On Jun 19, 2013
dvdon: Osaze Look how stupid u are n sound. After ranting and forming rambo now u r humble.
He's not o! HE IS NOT! Humble is not in dat guy's dictionary! Did you miss the part where he said, "... I will go and HELP THEM" Help them??!!!! This guy is still a tikking time bomb and he will do us all a lot of good to stay away from our national team cos WE don't need his SUPPOSED "help"

3 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by mcdon277: 9:14am On Jun 19, 2013
i he should just apologize for his wrong. he might be considered
i just registered with this link not a bad idea to add some money tour pocket http://myreferjob.com/?ref=ifeanyi.okeke
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Saintigk(m): 9:14am On Jun 19, 2013
Plz name the punishment bein melted at yobo?
The guy has lost his form and he's no longer gud for d team, what's bad if the coach decides to drop him for Omeruo nd Godfrey. A player can't play for life, he also claimed d position from some players.
As for Osaze, there is no point beating the dead horse, the team has performed far better than when he was relevant in d team, why calling him back?....I don't knw what the fuss of 'osaze is a great player' all about, how many international goals has he scored in all his appearances, yet some people claim here is a good striker. BTW, mayb we shld read in between the lines from the OP's post, the guy didn't apologise in the post. He needs eagles more than eagles need him that is why he wanna come back.
It's time Osaze shld officially announce his retirement.

dolphinife: Reading all the comments above, it is very clear that some of us have a short memory. Osaze raised pertinent questions which also raise it ugly head between NFF and super eagles last week. The man(osaze) was brought up in a liberal environment where injustice was seen as a bane to growth.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by omar22(m): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2013
prem love: u are right bt we dont need him nw we dont need rebel

Like Keshi wasnt a rebel during his time as a player, trying to force the manager to pick or play certain players, or ignored the national call up for the 1990 nations cup in Algiers, in 1992 played the first game against Senegal then disappeared only to return for the game against Ghana in the Semi's. If Keshi cant see past West Brom's players action and let bygone be bygone then he is a hypocrite, because Westerhof was going to drop him from both squads that went to Tunis and USA in 1994.

Rep of Ireland did forgive Roy Keane after his rant and his action in Japan/Korea because they need...
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Segadem(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2013
thoniann: I wonder where he lost it. This dude used to be the first foreign based player to report to camp anywhere in the world. Na waaa!
Thank You my brother, He was always there for Nigeria before he left Russia for England. I Think the man has little knowledge about the english press,and the success he had with the WBA in his first season got into his head.(my thought though)
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by smtx(m): 9:21am On Jun 19, 2013
Saint Chukz: Good Commentary...until i joined, you were the only one who had posted a sensible comment here, unlike all the previous senseless and hypocritical posts. The fact still lingers that the questions Osaze raised during his twitter rants are still being left unanswered and this shows there is a fundamental flaw with the whole system, i believe players like Osaze are not exactly the problem with our football or sports but associations like the NFF are, not until such fundamental flaws are corrected then we'll just keep moving in circles. Last Note...Osaze would have being a far more effective striker than the combined duo of Musa and Ideye right now.

Osaze is not the first/last person to raise questions that will remain unanswered with our system. Every system in Nigeria is characterized by flaws and NFF is no exception. The beauty of it all is that despite all the set backs and all...the Super Eagles still went ahead to defeat Ivory Coast and lift the AFCON without Osaze. Its easy to associate with success but when the chips were down, Osaze was found wanting. Sentiments aside, we dont need Osaze, he has served diligently during his time and now we just have to move on and give the younger generation a chance to excel.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by fujirice: 9:33am On Jun 19, 2013
Segadem:
Thank You my brother, He was always there for Nigeria before he left Russia for England. I Think the man has little knowledge about the english press,and the success he had with the WBA in his first season got into his head.(my thought though)
If you look at it from a critical angle, Osaz used Nigeria to showcase himself at the internatinal stage, when it paid off(his move to England and subsequent successes their at WBA) he suddenly thinks that we owe him hence allowing pride to set in. Now that he's lil' out of favor with his club(s) he wants to come back again. The truth is Osaz is soo full of himself now and has refused to eat the humble pie. Heck! Why d'u want to come and play for some people you called "naive fans" after breaking their hearts for not qualifying for AfCON 2012. The whole one hundred and sixty something million of us naive? No wahala

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2013
supaeagles: We should take him back. Part of a coach's job is manage drama queens who are very talented on the field, so Oga Keshi let bygones be bygones.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Yinkure: 9:45am On Jun 19, 2013
It is true that we nigerians forget things so easily, wait a minute should we throw the child to the lion because the child is bad? Even the worst people just sit down in their domain and say whatever the like about this young man, fine he has his fault but remember there is no smoke without fire, he has his own reasons why he said
Made whatever statement. For me Osaze remain the most committed, dedicated and patriotic player in the super eagles, why is Balotelli, Tevez and other players still relevant in their national teams? Commitment for crying out loud, let's not just continue to critisize this dude let's look for a way of correcting him and helping him get back on track, he needs us, Mikel and other players did worst but not only did they get a second chance, they got their third chances. He sure deserve to be recalled, infact deserve to be at the world cup.
Re: Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 19, 2013
mama-gee:

Rantin goat? C'mon, that's harsh na..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS / Team Nigeria For Global First Robot Olympics In Washington (Photo) / Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.