Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,188 members, 7,839,040 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba (16588 Views)

The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. / Nigerians Rescued During Last Military Operation In Yobe (Photo) / Power Generating Plants Perform Below 30% Capacity – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by pazienza(m): 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
confusion247:
To hell with you and your Ngwa governor. A bigot like you, what abia people needs is a good governor not necessarily an ngwa governor. Remember Nnaji is not an ngwa man, but people of abia needs somebody like him to take abia to the next level. What have the local government chairmen from ngwa done to prove their leadership qualities. Shame on you bigot.

Shame on you oppressor. Abia needs a good governor and there are lots of talents from ngwaland to fufill that task.

If i might ask,what have you people from abia north and umuahia zone done for aba and abia?

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander,for the sake of equity and justice,which is needed to provide peaceful enviroment for aba and abia to blossom,ngwa should produce the next state governor. Abia north and umuahia have failed abia so far. This is not a case of promoting mediocrity as we all know that all parts of abia are equally educated with enough pool of intellectuals to draw from.

Egbe belu,ugo belu,nke si ibeya ebena,nku ya gbajikwa!
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
pazienza:

Shame on you oppressor. Abia needs a good governor and there are lots of talents from ngwaland to fufill that task.

If i might ask,what have you people from abia north and umuahia zone done for aba and abia?

Whats good for the goose is good for than gander,for the sake of equity and justice,which is needed to provide peaceful enviroment for aba and abia to blossom,ngwa should produce the next state governor. Abia north and umuahia has failed abia so far. This is not a case of promoting mediocrity as we all know that all parts of abia are equally educated with enough pool of intellectuals to draw from.

At times i get shocked at the kind of statement some of you make. Why must it be an Ngwa person? I thought you were an "Igbo Unity" person? Why make such a statement. What we want is someone who will pay special attention to Aba, be it someone from Ngwa, Unuahia, Arochukwu etc.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by jpphilips(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
2fine2fast: I use 20kw of power every month which costs me around #250 while I pay #550 fixed charge every month all thanks to your lying ex minister Bad Nnaji

how did you sum up your monthly consumption to get just 20kw for a month?
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by maasoap(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
Daresh:

you are so dumbd. when NEPA handled electricity and you did not see light what was the use of the 7.30 per unit you were paying? didirin Ohi
It is because of people like you who lack education and intelligency that we are here. Let me educate you and your likes. The issue with Nnaji is not about increasing the tarrif per energy consumption, it is about using crude method to obtain money from the consumers of electricity when the scientific method of determining what to pay had already been put in place for those who have meters. Why not increasing the per unit charge to about 20 naira with no introduction of fixed charge instead of current 12.30 naira. What this current arrangement put in place by Bath de Fraudster means is that even if his Aba made power plant packed up tomorow after being connected to the national grid, his fake firm will continue to benefit from the largese of compulsory monthly 500 naira per connection to the PHCN facility. Then the question is why a genuine investor like Nnaji would prefer this method of compulsion to per energy consumption billing, even if it has to be 30 naira per unit charge.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
pazienza:

Whats good for the goose is good for than gander,for the sake of equity and justice,which is needed to provide peaceful enviroment for aba and abia to blossom,ngwa should produce the next state governor. Abia north and umuahia have failed abia so far. This is not a case of promoting mediocrity as we all know that all parts of abia are equally educated with enough pool of intellectuals to draw from.

You are a disappointment to Ndi Igbo gburu gburu... angry

To think that people with your reasoning still exists in this country is a shame..
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
jp philips:

how did you sum up your monthly consumption to get just 20kw for a month?

How much electricity can a rechargeable lamp with radio, one table fan and a 60watt build use up in one month? grin

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by ckkris: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: You are too dull for my liking. Why was he asked to step aside? Because he was a player too. Because he has personal interest in the power sector too. Because part of this money that is being fraudlently obtained from the consumers is going directly to his pocket. May be you didnt even read the topic of this thread at all "Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba". And here you are saying he is not going to benefit from the 500 naira that he smuggled in through the back door. Would he have done the same thing if he wasnt one of the private investors who stand to benefit from this fraud? I dont blame you, you people are wired to praise fraudlent people.
ENEMY of progress must be IGNORED. And may not be an aboki.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by maasoap(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
confusion247:
You need to be chained again because your mental condition have gotten to worse.
You must be out of idea. The question is that why a man who priviously described meter maintenance fee of 150 naira per month would turn around to impose fixed charge of 500 naira on the same consumers? I could still remember how he was celebrated nationally when he removed that meter maintenance fee. We didnt know at that time that it was just deception as usual, typical of them.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by jpphilips(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

Wrong sir.

Rivers State Government is the sole owner of the Trans-Amadi Gas turbine. Built by Odili, refurbrished and upgraded by Amaechi, managed by Schinder electric.

Infact, Rivers state as at my last count which was in January owns; four power stations (Trans-Amadi, Eleme, Omoku and Afam), 26 power injection sub-stations to help move the 560 megawatts of power currently generated by the four power stations .

Specify which Afam is owned by the state Govt.
the 776mw Afam is owned by the FG, its upgrade was part of the NIPP project.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by jpphilips(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^What that state needs is a young 'digital' Governor......a technocrat! Not an analog old duffer!

Old Imbe i must add
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by maasoap(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
confusion247:
If you like call it okija made power plant, it is far much better than bomb factories scattered all over northern Nigeria. Ask farouk lawal to help you with the meter maintenance fee or you can locate abacha's family to help you out because what they stole from pubic coffers will build 10 of that type of aba made power plant in northern Nigeria.
So because Abacha and his family stole our collective wealth is enough justification for Nnaji de Fraudster to compel people to pay for what they dont consume? Yeah! I see you, skull without brain.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by jpphilips(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: You are too dull for my liking. Why was he asked to step aside? Because he was a player too. Because he has personal interest in the power sector too. Because part of this money that is being fraudlently obtained from the consumers is going directly to his pocket. May be you didnt even read the topic of this thread at all "Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba". And here you are saying he is not going to benefit from the 500 naira that he smuggled in through the back door. Would he have done the same thing if he wasnt one of the private investors who stand to benefit from this fraud? I dont blame you, you people are wired to praise fraudlent people.

Geometric power started long before Nnaji became the Power minister, now, how did you come about the bold part of your post?
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by kutchs: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

How much electricity can a rechargeable lamp with radio, one table fan and a 60watt build use up in one month? grin
Ol boy u wicked die. U mean thatz all the broda has?
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by maasoap(m): 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
2ru-talk:

I understand your frustration. It is a function of poverty. People like u do not need a change. Even if it will cost them only N5 to move to a higher level,they will still sit down and complain. If you really want to be successful in life, learn to appreciate the good works of people. If the only thing you saw during Prof. Nnaji days as Power minister was "removal of N150 and addition of N500" but you were not able to see the rapid improvement in power supply, then you are retrogressive minded.
You are anti-progressive and you are not making your argument based on logical reasoning at all. The introduction of compulsory 500 naira monthly fixed charge will be counter productive in the long run because the investors are rest assured of at least revenue of 500 naira per month per household whether they generate power or not. Can you now see that they can easily go for the least possible power generation knowing fully well they stand to gain more from this 14th century arrangement that sycophants and hypocrites like you celebrate.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by ckkris: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
jp philips:

Geometric power started long before Nnaji became the Power minister, now, how did you come about the bold part of your post?
Maasoap has the right to hate Nnaji, but Nigerians also have the right to celebrate Nnaji, for providing electricity, creating millions of jobs, and bringing development, to ALL.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
jp philips:

Specify which Afam is owned by the state Govt.
the 776mw Afam is owned by the FG, its upgrade was part of the NIPP project.

Picture 1 - - http://www.riversstate.gov.ng/itemlist/category/90-mda.html

Picture 2 - http://www.saipem.com/site/Home/Press/Business/articolo6134.html

I hope this answers your question...

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
kutchs:
Ol boy u wicked die. U mean thatz all the broda has?

Na people like you start tribal war that year for Rwanda..

I ask simple question join your own, you carry am tackle the young man.. grin

I no call any body name o!! Na innocent question I ask.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by maasoap(m): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
jp philips:

Have I said anything contradictory. He was a player in the sector before he was made power minister and when he saw the opportunity to take more than he deserves from some moronss, he simply took the advantage for himself and his colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by OkwyOnyia: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Great news coming from Aba! Point of correction: the power project started in 2007, not 2004. I handled the event of the groundbreaking ceremony in Aba. That was my first major external event as a PR staff of C&F Porter Novelli. To further buttress this, Stanbic IBTC provided the financial offtake for the project. So i was there on the stable of Stanbic IBTC. The groundbreaking ceremony was held by Theodore Orji, Governor of Abia State. This was shortly after his inauguration. I'm not sure Theodore Orji was Abia State Governor in 2004. The reporter needs to cross-check his facts.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Decryptor(m): 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
2fine2fast: I use 20kw of power every month which costs me around #250 while I pay #550 fixed charge every month all thanks to your lying ex minister Bad Nnaji
undecided undecided lipsrsealed
So u̶̲̥̅̊ are barking like a dog because of ordinary N250? Poverty don finish u̶̲̥̅̊ no be small.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by jpphilips(m): 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: Have I said anything contradictory. He was a player in the sector before he was made power minister and when he saw the opportunity to take more than he deserves from some moronss, he simply took the advantage for himself and his colleagues.

you said he benefits from the 500naira through the backdoor and now you are saying he created an opportunity for himself as a player in the industry.
You sound very unstable this afternoon, we talk when you have taken your evening dose

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by kross01(m): 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: It is because of people like you who lack education and intelligency that we are here. Let me educate you and your likes. The issue with Nnaji is not about increasing the tarrif per energy consumption, it is about using crude method to obtain money from the consumers of electricity when the scientific method of determining what to pay had already been put in place for those who have meters. Why not increasing the per unit charge to about 20 naira with no introduction of fixed charge instead of current 12.30 naira. What this current arrangement put in place by Bath de Fraudster means is that even if his Aba made power plant packed up tomorow after being connected to the national grid, his fake firm will continue to benefit from the largese of compulsory monthly 500 naira per connection to the PHCN facility. Then the question is why a genuine investor like Nnaji would prefer this method of compulsion to per energy consumption billing, even if it has to be 30 naira per unit charge.
mr educator, i think you need some more education on your part(no offence meant). On a second thought, try reading up about NERC and their functions, cos ur points are likened to blaming the communications minister for telcom operators' undue rip-offs on nigerians while absolving the NCC.
*no go get HBP wia u dey hate nnaji o*

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by jpphilips(m): 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
Decryptor: So u̶̲̥̅̊ are barking like a dog because of ordinary N250? Poverty don finish u̶̲̥̅̊ no be small.

That is not the point
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2013
jp philips:

you said he benefits from the 500naira through the backdoor and now you are saying he created an opportunity for himself as a player in the industry.
You sound very unstable this afternoon, we talk when you have taken your evening dose

Thats why smoking weed in a depleted ozone environment is very bad.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 4:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
OkwyOnyia: Great news coming from Aba! Point of correction: the power project started in 2007, not 2004. I handled the event of the groundbreaking ceremony in Aba. That was my first major external event as a PR staff of C&F Porter Novelli. To further buttress this, Stanbic IBTC provided the financial offtake for the project. So i was there on the stable of Stanbic IBTC. The groundbreaking ceremony was held by Theodore Orji, Governor of Abia State. This was shortly after his inauguration. I'm not sure Theodore Orji was Abia State Governor in 2004. The reporter needs to cross-check his facts.

You do realize that ground breaking does not directly translate into the start of the project..

Before ground breaking, alot of work must have taken place. Example: Legal, Financing, Government, Basic engineering, detailed engineering, Environmental risk assessment, e.t.c..

#Just Saying!
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by igboboy1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Freewilly: Very good, just hope the generated electricity would only benefit the East.

Dont be selfish.. Oshimili people kwa?

I think it should be distributed all over Nigeria and Africa if possible (no need to be slefish cos thats not how igbos roll). Obviously any where it is distributed to shall be taxed/charged cos aint nothing free.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
Goddex:

The advantages still far outweighs:

1) It will still be far cheaper than generator

2) No noise pollution

3) No air pollution

4) minimal maintenance cost

5) Can power all home appliances
Pls educate him my bro.
Indeed Common sense is'nt common.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by pazienza(m): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

You are a disappointment to Ndi Igbo gburu gburu... angry

To think that people with your reasoning still exists in this country is a shame..

You are not an Igbo, you are a pathetic impostor. Get behind me.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Garrithe1st: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
Interesting development. Congrats in advance to the good people of Aba. The effect of this on the economy of the region is going to be massive.

Kudos!!

cool cool
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by achi4u(m): 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
abeg they should extend that power project to other SEaster states.

thatz the spirit!
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by KA24DETT(m): 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Freewilly: Very good, just hope the generated electricity would only benefit the East.

Whats wrong with you? You thinking like this in 201? grow up, we are all Nigerians.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by CATCHYBLOGGER: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
pazienza:

You are not an Igbo, you are a pathetic impostor. Get behind me.

If you allow Okija Juju to get behind you, then your back may be at the mercy of his jabs. grin. Don't let that happen. cheesy cheesy
Nevertheless, I still appreciate Prof. Nnaji for adding extra megabytes, sorry, megabytes, OOOOOOO! sorry megawatts to the national grid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PSC Bars Policemen From Carrying Vips’ Handbags, Umbrellas / Senate Suspends Amendment Of CCB Act (screenshot) / Ondo 2016: Inec Rules Out Fresh Apc Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.