Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,093 members, 7,838,763 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba (16587 Views)

The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. / Nigerians Rescued During Last Military Operation In Yobe (Photo) / Power Generating Plants Perform Below 30% Capacity – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by confusion247(m): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: I knew it. That man is a fraudster. He removed 150 naira meter maintenance fee only for this crook Nnaji of a thing to replace it with 500 naira fixed charge. It is only in Nigeria you have counter(meter) and you are still being billed using crude method in combination. Whether you have power supply or not, you will be made to cough out 500 naira every month in addition to per unit charge that he increased from 7.30 to 12.30. Thanks to the Mr Nnaji Fraud.
You need to be chained again because your mental condition have gotten to worse.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
Double Post...

Meanwhile enjoy this electricity related gif; grin

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
moodswing:

The case with Rivers state was so because River's state power project in Trans Amadi is not a private company. The federal government also invested in it, therefore it is a joint venture between the state and the federal government.

Berth's company is privately owned.

Wrong sir.

Rivers State Government is the sole owner of the Trans-Amadi Gas turbine. Built by Odili, refurbrished and upgraded by Amaechi, managed by Schinder electric.

Infact, Rivers state as at my last count which was in January owns; four power stations (Trans-Amadi, Eleme, Omoku and Afam), 26 power injection sub-stations to help move the 560 megawatts of power currently generated by the four power stations .
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by confusion247(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: Even an Aboki uses his brain well more than you did here. Did I say anything about your "Aba made" power plant? Nnaji is a fraud, the evil that man does, lives after them. May you should ask Oga Jona why he was told to leave. You will undetstand better.
If you like call it okija made power plant, it is far much better than bomb factories scattered all over northern Nigeria. Ask farouk lawal to help you with the meter maintenance fee or you can locate abacha's family to help you out because what they stole from pubic coffers will build 10 of that type of aba made power plant in northern Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by IGBOSON1: 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
Afam4eva: Aba will soon become the pride of Africa. I just hope Theo Orji is not there when good things start happening in Aba.

^^^What that state needs is a young 'digital' Governor......a technocrat! Not an analog old duffer!

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by pazienza(m): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
Abagworo: Enyimba city. The soul of Igbo struggle and hardwork. A truely cosmopolitan Igbo society.

Aba stands for Igbo hardworking spirit,we(all igbos) built this town and should be proud of it.

Once Abia gets a good Ngwa governor that would clean up Aba,all would be fine. I love Enyimba city die.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by ckkris: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
Meringe: Its a lie, am in Aba and I live in the enyimba city. they can't start operation when they are still erecting their high tension poles even oposite my house. One of the top staff confided in me that it will be around december before the will start operation.
Don't always believe Naija papers!!!!
Thanks for this live confirmation, that Nnaji is really working, and very, very close to supplying regular power, to meet the industrial needs of Aba.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^What that state needs is a young 'digital' Governor......a technocrat! Not an analog old duffer!
I keep saying it that Aba, Onitsha and NNewi are the lifeline of Igboland. Unfortunately, we've not been getting the bets hands to man the states that these cities reside in. We need a young technocrat to turn Aba into the maufacturing capital of Nigeria and Africa at large. Aba, even in it's state, still has the idiosyncrasies of a great city. It just needs some cosmetic touch and it will compete with it's pairs in the world
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by confusion247(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

Wrong sir.

Rivers State Government is the sole owner of the Trans-Amadi Gas turbine. Built by Odili, refurbrished and upgraded by Amaechi, managed by Schinder electric.

Infact, Rivers state as at my last count which was in January owns; four power stations (Trans-Amadi, Eleme, Omoku and Afam), 26 power injection sub-stations to help move the 560 megawatts of power currently generated by the four power stations .
Afam is not owned by rivers state government, and more over
Eleme power plant is dead. If rivers state is generating more than 500 mega watts as you claim, how come 60% of PH city is in darkness?

2 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Lachynos2k2(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
Meringe: Its a lie, am in Aba and I live in the enyimba city. they can't start operation when they are still erecting their high tension poles even oposite my house. One of the top staff confided in me that it will be around december before the will start operation.
you saw his high tension poles being erected even opposite your ''face me I face you'' ngwa road ghetto hut is enough reason to prove that the man means business.so simply do us all a favour .SHUT UP.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by confusion247(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
I keep saying it that Aba, Onitsha and NNewi are the lifeline of Igboland. Unfortunately, we've not been getting the bets hands to man the states that these cities reside in. We need a young technocrat to turn Aba into the maufacturing capital of Nigeria and Africa at large. Aba, even in it's state, still has the idiosyncrasies of a great city. It just needs some cosmetic touch and it will compete with it's pairs in the world

I am sure with the coming of Nnaji and his geometric power, things will get better for good. Let's pray the so called PHCN will not sabotage this project.

2 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by katordidi(m): 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: Even an Aboki uses his brain well more than you did here. Did I say anything about your "Aba made" power plant? Nnaji is a fraud, the evil that man does, lives after them. May you should ask Oga Jona why he was told to leave. You will undetstand better.
retardeen is the last person to refer someone to grin
retardeen is the last person to refer someone to
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by confusion247(m): 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Lachynos2k2: you saw his high tension poles being erected even opposite your ''face me I face you'' ngwa road ghetto hut is enough reason to prove that the man means business.so simply do us all a favour .SHUT UP.
Never mind him, some areas in aba have covered completely and it won't take them up to next month that start, while some areas like the ghetto ngwa road will take up to next month because of its ghetto status. Let us all commend NNaji on this.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by kutchs: 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
confusion247:
Eleme power plant is dead. If rivers state is generating more than 500 mega watts as you claim, how come 60% of PH city is in darkness?
I was going to ask him the same question. Afam power station belongs to the FG. It was commissioned in phases beginning from 1962 when Rivers State wasn‘t even in existence.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by confusion247(m): 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
pazienza:

Aba stands for Igbo hardworking spirit,we(all igbos) built this town and should be proud of it.

Once Abia gets a good Ngwa governor that would clean up Aba,all would be fine. I love Enyimba city die.
To hell with you and your Ngwa governor. A bigot like you, what abia people needs is a good governor not necessarily an ngwa governor. Remember Nnaji is not an ngwa man, but people of abia needs somebody like him to take abia to the next level. What have the local government chairmen from ngwa done to prove their leadership qualities. Shame on you bigot.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
kutchs:
I was going to ask him the same question. Afam power station belongs to the FG. It was commissioned in phases beginning from 1962 when Rivers State wasn‘t even in existence.

confusion247:

I will answer both of you at once..

Afam is not just one Power Station but many..

Rivers State government owns one of the many..

Eleme Gas turbines is not dead..

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by kross01(m): 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
Incase you dont know mista, power generation & distribution are two distinct functions, which was why nnaji during his tenure tried to free them up through privatization. The company can start operations even without the distribution network & be selling directly to the national grid. That they are still installing poles in your neighborhud means only that they are yet to attain distribution or yet to cover the area they intend to power.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
kross_01:
Incase you dont know mista, power generation & distribution are two distinct functions, which was why nnaji during his tenure tried to free them up through privatization. The company can start operations even without the distribution network & be selling directly to the national grid. That they are still installing poles in your neighborhud means only that they are yet to attain distribution or yet to cover the area they intend to power.

That was exactly what I was about to tell him...

They may not be ready to distribute, but they are ready to generate..
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nightshift(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
Every district in Aba will be connected to Geometric Power grid. Be it Osisioma, Abayi, Umungasi, Ogbo - Hill, Amanmowu( off Ngwa Road to Obuohia Rd. extending beyond Nkwo Ngwa), Ime Town, Okporo Umuogbo, Port Harcourt Rd axis after Coca - Cola plant , GRA, Ariaria, Umule, Uratta, Cemetery, the entire Obioma Ngwa . Where Nightshift no know for Enyimba City? I was there last in '05 though grin

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Daresh(f): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: I knew it. That man is a fraudster. He removed 150 naira meter maintenance fee only for this crook Nnaji of a thing to replace it with 500 naira fixed charge. It is only in Nigeria you have counter(meter) and you are still being billed using crude method in combination. Whether you have power supply or not, you will be made to cough out 500 naira every month in addition to per unit charge that he increased from 7.30 to 12.30. Thanks to the Mr Nnaji Fraud.

you are so dumbd. when NEPA handled electricity and you did not see light what was the use of the 7.30 per unit you were paying? didirin Ohi
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by everyday: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
That is is the beginning of Independent power generation in Nigeria.Very good news
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nightshift(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Onwuka Kalu ( Onwuka Interbiz) , said in 1985 that his dream was to turn Aba to Japan of Africa. Nnanna Kalu ( Star Paper Mill) equally echoed same when he was chairman of Aba chambers of commerce and industry. Surely their dreams will come true during our lifetime. Enyimba Kwenu, Enyimba Kwezuo nu !!

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by maasoap(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
jp philips:

if you sincerely believed that the meter maintenance fee (which nnaji scrapped anyways) was actually going to his pocket, im afraid, the holes in your brain is wider than that of a sponge, no apologies for that.
why don't we have emoticon for daft people on nairaland?
You are too dull for my liking. Why was he asked to step aside? Because he was a player too. Because he has personal interest in the power sector too. Because part of this money that is being fraudlently obtained from the consumers is going directly to his pocket. May be you didnt even read the topic of this thread at all "Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba". And here you are saying he is not going to benefit from the 500 naira that he smuggled in through the back door. Would he have done the same thing if he wasnt one of the private investors who stand to benefit from this fraud? I dont blame you, you people are wired to praise fraudlent people.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nightshift(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
As Ghanaian Highlife musicians use to say in the 80s " Enyimba na Aba Oh ". A new dawn that will bring back joyful memories of ' Uka Onu Social Club , Zebrudaya ( only few people still know that the comedy icon Chika Okpala, started his show in Aba ) and posh nightclubs ( a la Gemini) days will return in Aba's social and nightlife.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Longeria(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
collynzo2: Dirtiest city in Nigeria, a disgrace to us igbo people. Abia state as a whole is a slum.
only fool wouldn't know that every industrial cities are always dirty. London was once rated as the dirtiest city in Europe despite huge amount budgeted for that.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
Well, I hope they try and beautify the city a little, its is a little bit disorganized, with dirty road, no drainage system and all that, the Aba occupants and landlords are not helping matters at all, I don't know how someone will build a multimillion naira house and find it hard to construct a good drainage system I mean gutter as we call it, that should be the first thing naa, I think they are all stingy and unenlightened, to be waiting for govt for every dam thing, Any way, slept at Aba yesterday and enjoyed light from 6pm to 9am this morning

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nightshift(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
Expecting Umu Aba in the city to keep us ' Umu Enyimba' in exile informed about the true situation of things. Umu Enyimba's fingers are itching to bring investment back to the city. Folks are getting ready to rekindle the old business competition between Enyimba city and Onitsha Ado. As young Nigerians say these days, Aba no dey carry last ! grin
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Ikengawo: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
For everyone doubting Aba.

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Ikengawo: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2013

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
^^^ Is that not the Church of Latter day saints in Aba?
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Ikengawo: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Take Delivery Of N3.6bn Cars / I Am Supporting, Not Moving Against Ajimobi -Tinubu / Pantami Writes Buhari, Seeks End To Stamp Duty Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.