Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times (6067 Views)

Military Accused Of Training Troops In Bathroom Slippers & Without Uniforms / Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Pennywise(m): 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
How can we have corruption within the civil govt the way we do and expect the military to be any different. Corruption within the military I suspect may be far worse because its a case of speak and be instantly damned.
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Nten: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
ocelot2006: The FG MUST call PremiumTimes to order for the continuous peddling of unsubstantiated rumours as news. Haba! If the salaries of every other officer, NCO, and rank-&-file serving in the 3 service arms within and outside Nigeria have been paid their wages, do you really think Army HQ will owe those deployed to Mali? If anything, the Nigerian contingent deployed ought to earn more than their collegues.

Ban those premiumtimes fools for spreading falsehood.
my bro its a regular phenomenon in the Nigeria Army. when they go 4 peace keeping mission they are always owed or their allowance slashed to a meagre amount by the high ranking officers and are asked 2 keep shut!
That is the intimidation this rank & file officer contends with and any1 who dare protest against the authority is severely dealt with. Hence they keep mute, mehn this guyz r sometimes suffering in silence.
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by confusion247(m): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
firstolalekan: This retarrded GEJ... PDP 6 feet come 2015. angry
No vacancy in aso rock till 2019
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by confusion247(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
aasog1: "This is the best government Nigeria has ever had.."
-professional praise singers
Be informed that One Nigeria have been programmed to fail. People should stop complaining unnecessarily, at least we have one Nigeria.
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by mycoldsweat: 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ngwakwe: I know that Armed Forces receive their monthly cheque after it has been credited in their different bank accounts. Secondly, their payment is collectively paid irrespective of where you are, be it on leave, international duty, special task / assignment etc.

I presume the Soldiers are talking about their added allowances for the special assignment of which the payment lies solely with the Ecowas or United Nation as the case may be.

Withdrawal of your wages is solely dependent on the individual soldier.
Another uninformed fellow, what i don;t know is why people wants to claim knowledge in issues they are not well informed.When u go on special duties in what ever establishment in Nigeria due u fall back to your salary for the day to day running of your personal affairs while on it, please wise up.
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Capnd143(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
For a start check
http://beegeagle./
to confirm that this news is totally false and a cooked up propaganda
all this are all bunch of lies, and any nairalander that is gullible enough to belive this is a nimwit! I personally have close sources in the NIBBAT 1 Desert force, from the 333 artilery regiment deployed to Mali, and the news he said is bunch of lies!! Premium times can not even have a coverage of maiduguri war on boko haram that is in nigeria, is it then Mali that the will visit? Anybody should challenge me and i will this beyond any reasonable iorta of dought! F.uc!k the premium times and sahara reporters
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by mycoldsweat: 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/138985-exclusive-hardship-mounts-as-poorly-fed-nigerian-troop-in-mali-are-unpaid-for-three-months.html
For additional information for those who may not understand, what is reported here is not the individual monthly salaries of these soldier prosecuting war in Mali, there is what is called contingent allowance made to be paid to every soldier all over in the world who is outside his country on a mission, beside feeding the soldiers properly and kitting them well enough to prosecute the war, these allowances is all they have got to show for being out there. But in the case reported above this is not being paid and the feeding is poor according to that report which is subject to an independent verification if our soldiers high moral must be maintain.
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by chris365(m): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
Premium times and daily trust are very good propaganda machines for the opposition. So no be 2day.
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by creativemusic: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
haba shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Kevsman(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
TruthFM: I dont know why this is funny. I can't help laughing.
Ok lets be serious. I hope this soldiers who have risked everything for the call of duty wont vex and take over government due to none payment of salary.
On a more serious note. There are people in the civil service in both federal and states offices who are being owed for month, by the way they see there bosses on the daily basis and still keep showing to work.
Now my dear country sent a bunch of patriotic soldiers to mali to settle the war and you think they will pay them before getting confirmation that they arent dead?
*** Here is what i think if u still dont get, The generals and majors have budgetted that half of this troops won't return, some might find greener pastures in a war torn country, some might be dead while others might be trying to cross into france . Therefore they arent paying till the army return.......................This is highly confidential
see how u day talk like mumu, who told you day dnt know if the soldiers are alife or not?
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Ikengawo: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
[size=15pt]THIS IS A LIE PREMIUM TIMES IS AN OPPOSITION PAPER[/size]
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Kevsman(m): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
this is a big lie, so nairaland sef day spread fals news? My brother is among the soldiers in mali, we speak to each other almost every day and he keeps telling me that every things is fine,and the dere morals is always high, the rebels trembles when ever thay hear the name NIGARIA (pple go just day spread nonsence)
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by sunny63(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
I dnt believe dis,I trust my president ie GEJ interms of taking caring of security agencies in nigeria.Dis is d most expensive govt nigeria ever run iterms of securit.Enemies at work
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by sunny63(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
I dnt believe dis,I trust my president ie GEJ interms of taking care of security agencies in nigeria.Dis is d most expensive govt nigeria ever run iterms of security.Enemies at work
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
But niger delta terrorist don receive dem allowee oh....smh @ di retardinho #10!
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hu mess na dogo.. Dogo say na peter... Peter say dont wory dont wory na my nyash puum grin My biz no dey their undecided
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Ngwakwe: 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
You are not making any sense at all, keep your little knowledge to yourself and refrain from writing out of nothing

mycoldsweat: [s]Another uninformed fellow, what i don;t know is why people wants to claim knowledge in issues they are not well informed.When u go on special duties in what ever establishment in Nigeria due u fall back to your salary for the day to day running of your personal affairs while on it, please wise up. [/s]
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by firstolalekan(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
confusion247:
No vacancy in aso rock till 2019

are u okay?

Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Chongaiman: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Nten:
my bro its a regular phenomenon in the Nigeria Army. when they go 4 peace keeping mission they are always owed or their allowance slashed to a meagre amount by the high ranking officers and are asked 2 keep shut!
That is the intimidation this rank & file officer contends with and any1 who dare protest against the authority is severely dealt with. Hence they keep mute, mehn this guyz r sometimes suffering in silence.

My bro, you must have pulled these facts out of thin air or a butt hole. BTW, those in the know are aware that this report is intended for mischief. SMH at the report's 'defence source'. As for the dulled, docile morbid lovers of unverified negative news concerning 9ja, enjoy!
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by Tosman12(m): 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
taharqa2: I think by now, people shld have known what to believe about articles from d Nigerian Press esp from Sources like PremiumTimes, and what not to believe.... If you believe this particular one, well I can only say: Goodluck to you.....
should we not blive dat of super eagle scinerio as well?....
I am not sayin its true but its not impossible in nijka
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by tallceejay(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
firstolalekan: This retarrded GEJ... PDP 6 feet come 2015. angry

Retarded ?? Come on buddy. I'm not a fan of GeJ but How many things will GeJ do ?? Transport minister farts, it GEJ. A governor misappropriates funds, its GEJ. Teachers salaries aren't paid ontime, its GEJ. Soldiers don't receive salaries ontime , its GEJ; don't wippe ur behind after a poo and call GEJ lipsrsealed
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by TruthFM(m): 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
Kevsman: see how u day talk like mumu, who told you day dnt know if the soldiers are alife or not?

I know u have problem reading..... So i will repeat myself... Not all the troops will return to nigeria to come enjoy the peace that is currently reigning in our beloved country....
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by barrybanbi: 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
Policewoman: The stories are conflicting. I will not believe either party till i hear from the official sources.
what official source(s) will admit to dat ? wise up bro na nija u dey
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by gen2briz(m): 10:10am On Jun 20, 2013
Make them strike now
Re: Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times by achovirux(m): 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
IT IS A PURE TRUTH this soldiers have not been paid and the next thing is to cut the allowance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NASS Workers Strike Threatens 2019 Budget Presentation / Chronicle Of Debate In Nigeria And The Outcome / Finding Common Ground: Role Of Trade Unions And FG In Fuel Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.