Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:44 PM

Will An African Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will An African Leader (827 Views)

Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost / Goodluck Jonathan To Become First African Leader To Receive Diplomatic Circle Aw / Who Is The Best African Leader? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will An African Leader by IleIfe2(m): 8:25am On Jun 19, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Will An African Leader by daywatcher: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2013
it is called vision...sadly no Nigerian leader, APC or PDP, has one..don't know about other African leaders
Re: Will An African Leader by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 19, 2013
grin grin I heard T.A Orji is a visionary leader. Make him your president if really you want to see an African on that seat. tongue tongue Mr Patrikobi nobe truth I yarn?
Re: Will An African Leader by egift(m): 8:55am On Jun 19, 2013
If we can stop corruption (at least reduce it). Get experience and visionary leaders who are ready to work, invest in infrastructures, empower our citizens to create wealth on their own, Expand on agriculture, education and healthcare delivery. Then finally encourage and fund innovations - They will even beg Nigeria to come and have a seat.

Currently we do not have a laid down plan - just random tags and efforts. We need Buhari/Fashola (2015-2019) for sound policy framework, reduce waste/corruption and sensible development.
Re: Will An African Leader by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 19, 2013
daywatcher: it is called vision...sadly no Nigerian leader, APC or PDP, has one..don't know about other African leaders
As of Today;

No African Leader merit that table cuz it is not about Individual but How powerful your country as regards Global Economy and Governance !!!

So,Africa as an Emerging Nation with greedy leaders ::::::::Even If an African makes it to G8,Na Politics on the part of Global Leaders !!!

G--Wetin when most African leaders only think of Fat Accounts,Fleet of exotic cars, fuc.king women and drinking beer,Houses across the Globe,offshore account,building hotels and filling stations
and playing tribal/ethnic/local politics whenever any objective minds questioned their wealth !!!

The beautiful ones of Africa has been born and they would emerge very soon !!!!

1 Like

Re: Will An African Leader by boron10(m): 9:05am On Jun 19, 2013
chidindufrank: grin grin I heard T.A Orji is a visionary leader. Make him your president if really you want to see an African on that seat. tongue tongue Mr Patrikobi nobe truth I yarn?
T.A Orji should first make Abia state habitable before thinking of vying for presidency.
Re: Will An African Leader by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:11am On Jun 19, 2013
Baby steps bro, baby steps.

There is a black man at the table now. We'll put a black country there soon enough.

1 Like

Re: Will An African Leader by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:11am On Jun 19, 2013
Baby steps bro, baby steps.

There is a black man at the table now. We'll put a black country there soon enough.
Re: Will An African Leader by Goddex: 9:20am On Jun 19, 2013
Tinubu,
Buhari,
Achike Udenwa,
erhmm...those Boko Haram APC governors in Yobe and Borno(what are their names again?) will soon join G8
Re: Will An African Leader by PAPAAFRICA: 9:20am On Jun 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Will An African Leader by kunlekunle: 9:21am On Jun 19, 2013
its good to dream.
Re: Will An African Leader by daywatcher: 9:40am On Jun 19, 2013
why is the Chinese leader not there? Is their economy not bigger than Russia's now?
Re: Will An African Leader by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 19, 2013
^^^^I concur.

Yeah, the G-8 was created for the top-8 most industrialised countries in the world. However, it's now more or less, for the top-8 most industrialised caucasian countries and their biggest puppet in Asia, Japan. So why will an African leader want to sit on this table? The last time I checked; I didn't see any Chinese, Indian, and Brazilian(6th largest economy) on there.

Africa still has a long long long way to go. Heck, there's a permanent EU representative at the AU - but there's no permanent AU representative at the EU. That shows who the "father" is and who the "son" is. Damn! Black people are fvcked, yo. grin
Re: Will An African Leader by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 19, 2013
^^The birth of the G8 was not defined by powerful economies alone, if you look at the history of this countries from the 1900s to world war 2, a lot had transpired;, treaties, peace talks, name it..so I don't see any African country getting admitted anytime soon or rather, ever! ..even if Congo becomes the biggest economy, - the G8 will still be - the G8
Re: Will An African Leader by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2013
There is a difference between the G8 and the G20.

The G20 has all the big boys you are used to, the G8 is a smaller group.
Re: Will An African Leader by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2013
@Seyi2007(I can't disrespect Yoruba culture by spelling your name the way you did. tongue)

G-8 has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with World War 2 - it isn't the UNSC. The organisation was created in 1975 as G-6 for the most industrialised countries with the biggest GDP. Subsequently, Canada was added; and Russian joined in 1997. However, it's more of a gathering of richest Western countries+Japan+Russia now.
Re: Will An African Leader by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 19, 2013
Even with G-20; I don't see any reason why an African country should be allowed to join the group(except South Africa). Africa still has a long way to go. We're too weak, too corrupt, too indoctrinated, too docile, and too poverty ridden/stricken - to be among the big boys.

Perhaps, if they start treating us like lepers in international politics - our utterly corrupt and inept governments/politicians/elites will sit up and do the right for the first time in their miserable lives. tongue
Re: Will An African Leader by Horus(m): 11:29am On Jun 19, 2013
Do you aspire to stand shoulder to shoulder with the geeky-corny looking Caucasians and Asians?

What is so special about Caucasians and Asians?. Do they have bigger heads size or have bigger brains size?
Re: Will An African Leader by saintneo(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
Vision, change and motivation.
Re: Will An African Leader by egift(m): 3:19am On Jun 20, 2013
Re: Will An African Leader by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:48am On Jun 20, 2013
ShyM-X:
Even with G-20; I don't see any reason why an African country should be allowed to join the group(except South Africa). Africa still has a long way to go. We're too weak, too corrupt, too indoctrinated, too docile, and too poverty ridden/stricken - to be among the big boys.

Perhaps, if they start treating us like lepers in international politics - our utterly corrupt and inept governments/politicians/elites will sit up and do the right for the first time in their miserable lives. tongue

You are a hateful little person.

No one said Africa should join today, but we WILL join in the future. We will have a seat on the Security Council as well.

In fact, 2-3 African countries will be at the big boy table in the next few decades. Nigeria, Egypt, and South Africa. In the longer term, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Ghana will be important global players. If Rwanda, and the DRC are lucky, they could find themselves amongst the big boys as well. Rwanda as a Singapore-like country.

(1) (Reply)

eastern And Northern nigeria Required Paper To Live In western Nigeria In 50s / In Defence Of Senator Yarima! A Must Read. / Defection: Rebel PDP Govs Meet Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.