Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

D'banj - Finally - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj - Finally (22620 Views)

D'banj - FINALLY [official Video] / D'banj - Finally (official Video Teaser) / D'banj Finally Signs The Hottest Rapper In Nigeria, Olamide Under DB Records. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj - Finally by markpenk: 10:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
Dude...

1. There's no nonsense. It's just my point of view. I reiterate: I listened to that song for 2 minutes and consider it 2 minutes of my precious life I aint getting back. If you ain't cool with it, that is your problem.

2. What does my statement have to do with Don Jazzy making anyone? If anything, the two were a great team. So, your question is irrelevant to my point.

3. Do you know how you can tell if someone is an excellent and talented producer? Take away his top artiste and see what he does with the rest. Don Jazzy has proven that he's an excellent producer, what with Wande Coal's Rotate, D Prince's Goody Bag and Man for the Night and a few other songs rocking the airwaves.

4. All Dbanj's hits pre-Good Music were possible courtesy his partnership with Don Jazzy. Every hit album or track Mohits had was possible because they were partners. My God, these guys made music. You could listen to every single track and still love every song. Nowadays, I don't know what Dbanj is doing, honestly. To make matters worse, there are claims that he stole a song from Durella! Haba! A whole dbanj! Ha! It's a fiasco. How the mighty have fallen.

What's my point? The two of them as a team made great music. All dbanj's latest efforts have been okay. I'm not knocking all his efforts. After all, I loved Ibadi E (still do). It's just he's no longer doing the great music we know him for. It's almost like he's at sea and looking for something to latch on to. There's no definite signature or style; nothing concrete. One minute he's doing a remix/collabo with kanye (which sucked by the way), the next he's doing songs like Ibadi E (which I totally love), and the third minute he's doing this Finally crap. You can say it's creativity. And maybe it is, but you will agree with me that he never had this problem when he was with Don Jazzy.

My Gawd! Who can remember the Mohits days? Those were the days men.

Anyways, I've had my say. You can say whatever you want, but I have spoken my mind. Good Music may be a better platform, but they're crippling him. But then which one be my own? Dem no dey pay me.

Prof Corruption:

Stop all this nonsense. Since Dbanj left, who has Don Jazzy made? Just one name please! Does Don Jazzy crew even have a hit, just one hit single? If you have got no answer, the argument could be the other way that Dbanj was the in thing in Mohits.

Dbanj has been waxing stronger since he left. He has nothing to prove to Nigerians that he's superstar but has a lot to do to earn a modest recognition globally. Since he left, he performed at AFCON closing ceremony. Definitely, such a role is meant for someone doing well, to be modest. Besides, he has been working on album due to be launched this year with many arrays of collaboration-fally Ipupa, Kanye West, Big Sean, Snoop Lion, Sarkodie etc. That does not look like someone losing the streak.

One last thing: he has a better distribution network than Don Jazzy who most of his works are going to be pirated with just little gains going to him. Dbanj can now do pre-album sales, sell on Itunes etc. That's still not big now but definitely a means to earn more before the whole stuff is done with. When Dbanj makes a song, it has different audience in mind, not just Nigerian audience alone.

4 Likes

Re: D'banj - Finally by denzel2009: 10:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
He should just save his money now or else he would be like Nurse Dekunle Fuji.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Finally by markpenk: 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
Haba!... Ha! LWKM. This guy... easy oh. But seriously, when people start comparing you to Dekunle Fuji, you need to do a reassessment. Just saying!
denzel2009: He should just save his money now or else he would be like Nurse Dekunle Fuji.
Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
icebeatz:

i DONT TAKE SIDES BUT DON JAZZY HAS MADE HITS.

WANDE COAL - THE KICK

DON JAZZY- ROTATE

DR SID - LADY DON DADA

THOSE ARE SOME JAMMING SHIT OFF THE TOP OF MA HEAD!!

I don't mean to be rude, but you don't know what a hit is.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Finally by churific(m): 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
Dbanj...finally...I guess you've still got some Coco water in you. Not bad, not bad!

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Finally by Revolva(m): 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
well finally Dbanj is now more confused
Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 20, 2013
howfarwhatagwan: The D banj and DOn Jazzy fight on Nairaland is too much oh. As far as am concerned I repeat their break up has not favored both (I'm not talking in terms of money). But for me It is now 2:1 Dbanj:Don Jazzy since the break up (Dbanj- Oyato and Finally)- (Don Jazzy- The kick). So D banj in the lead for now. Lol

Forget The Kick first, D'Prince's Take Banana and Goody Bag are FAR bigger hits than Anything D'Banj has released since Oliver Twist. Anyone who hangs out regularly wouldn't even debate that. Unfortunately, D'Banj's hype budget is too massive for its own good, otherwise the trash he has been releasing lately wouldnt even receive any airplay at all.

I can mention three random Wizkid freestyles this year alone that put ALL of D'Banj's post-Mo'Hits songs to shame in terms of public acceptance and airplay, even without forced hype, This guy needs redemption.
Re: D'banj - Finally by sanity12(m): 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
Revolva: well finally Dbanj is now more confused
Ode who is more confused?someone making millions or u typin dis poo 4rm ur 3110c in ur palmroofed house...grow up kid.....
Re: D'banj - Finally by markpenk: 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
Please mention away @the bolded
pro01:

Forget The Kick first, D'Prince's Take Banana and Goody Bag are FAR bigger hits than Anything D'Banj has released since Oliver Twist. Anyone who hangs out regularly wouldn't even debate that. Unfortunately, D'Banj's hype budget is too massive for its own good, otherwise the trash he has been releasing lately wouldnt even receive any airplay at all.

I can mention three random Wizkid freestyles this year alone that put ALL of D'Banj's post-Mo'Hits songs to shame in terms of public acceptance and airplay, even without forced hype, This guy needs redemption.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Is this the actual video or just a sample?
Re: D'banj - Finally by jack2013: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2013
dbanji haters are crazy guys. finally song by dbanji is a hit song. some guys here are tailking about goody bag by drince.
DRINCE IS CONFUSED, DR SID IS DOING NOTHING. DON JAZZY IS JUST IDOL DOING NOTHING. NO MORE DON JAZZY AGAIN.U GUYS SHOULD GO AND WATCH HIS POOR AND CONFUSED PERFORMANCE IN BIG BROTHER SHOW LAST MONTH.DBANJI IS STILL MAKING MORE MONEY THAN DON JAZZY AND THE REST OF MAVIN CREW.DON JAZZY IS MAKING SMALL CASH FROM TIWA SAVAGE" S LIVE SHOWS OR GIG. WANDE COAL WILL SOON LEAVE HIM
SEE YOU GUYS ON SUNDAY 23TH JUNE 2103 AT DBANJI DKM CONCERT IN EKO HOTEL LAGOS

4 Likes

Re: D'banj - Finally by Tstark(m): 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
This song is straight thrash man
Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 20, 2013
markpenk: Please mention away @the bolded

Samba, Jaiye Jaiye, Only Man She Want. . . If I go back to his 2012 hits, we'd be counting them with our fingers and toes.
Re: D'banj - Finally by eazzzy1(m): 12:59am On Jun 21, 2013

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Finally by lomzy1(m): 1:01am On Jun 21, 2013
The people comparing this clip to p square's video are the most foolish people in d world!! How can u compare a radio station release video to an official release video? Pls criticize constructively and not blindly.
Am sure if u were in d video, u wld av been jumping up n down like everybody else in d clip having fun..

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Finally by eazzzy1(m): 1:16am On Jun 21, 2013
Re: D'banj - Finally by alaoeri: 1:42am On Jun 21, 2013
eazzzy1: The p-square song does not come close to this at all,The video is sharp tho
Don't mind those hypocrites, they are just obviously & unnecessary hating on the guy because of his achievement, had it been all his songs he just mention 'its don jazzy again' they 'll be singing another tune, the word 'its don jazzy again' that's missing in his songs that's why they are hating yet they won't stop commenting to issues regarding Dbanj. From NL, Bellanaija to Lindaikeji blog etc same words coming from haters ranging from
*Dbanj should go back to Don jazzy
*Dbanj is no more relevant
*Dbanj is going down
*Dbanj has lost it
*Dbanj is wack
Saying all these thrash since last year & in the real sense the dude is waxing stronger
despite that anything regarding him still cause traffic, additional achievement for him Henessy Artist of the year ( to perform at every Henessy show through out the year), Abeg make them free Dbanj jooooor, Eja nla.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Finally by texaco1: 1:58am On Jun 21, 2013
i dont give a damm about don jazzy as far as i kno dbanj doesnt need him ,but he don jazzy needs dbanj.bit for christ sake dbanj should get a very very good producer and he should start buying quality songs from good composers .that is all he needs.there can only be one dbanj but there are many don jazzies out there that can produce good good and quality music for dbanj.he has the money to pay them.or are they running away from dbanj?
Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 21, 2013
lomzy1: The people comparineg this clip to p square's video are the most foolish people in d world!! How can u compare a radio station release video to an official release video? Pls criticize constructively and not blindly.
Am sure if u were in d video, u wld av been jumping up n down like everybody else in d clip having fun..

Who is comparing the clip to P-Square's video? All I said is that I love "Personally" and the video that accompanies it. It's a world class video and will easily overshadow D'banj's release, but I love both.

More people need to calm down while reading. I haven't said anything bad about D'Banj's latest effort. I welcomed it from page 0.
Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 3:41am On Jun 21, 2013
Y'all should stop lying to dbanj o. This song is wack, i gave up after 2mins.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Finally by lawizle(m): 4:00am On Jun 21, 2013
pro01:

Samba, Jaiye Jaiye, Only Man She Want. . . If I go back to his 2012 hits, we'd be counting them with our fingers and toes.

"back to d matter" kills dem all!
Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 21, 2013
dbanj's career is officially comatose but he can't see this cos too much igbo has made him delusional.

I don't know what he does with kanye west but it's definitely not music

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Finally by denzel2009: 6:26am On Jun 21, 2013
naijababe: Y'all should stop lying to dbanj o. This song is wack, i gave up after 2mins.

All I was hearing was ogalagala - whatever that means. Wait till he shoots the video driving a ferrari on a long road in south africa. robbitch

3 Likes

Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2013
denzel2009:

All I was hearing was ogalagala - whatever that means. Wait till he shoots the video driving a ferrari on a long road in south africa. robbitch
[quote author=denzel2009]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Hahahahahahaha
Re: D'banj - Finally by rozayx5(m): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Real D banj fans know he has no good lyrics, its not lyrics that took him to this level

Olivet twist had no good lyrics, but good beats
Re: D'banj - Finally by Akshow: 7:40am On Jun 21, 2013
Funny how people condemn d song when I'm sure many dint even boda downloadin cos na ofenmanu d banj wey leave inyanmiri don jazzy. But same pple re busy showerin praises on p squares song in d oda thread. When we for once judge without sentiment eida religious or tribal then there is hope for naija, until den na gobe for us. Newsflash for haters d banj is very relevant in naija muzik. Stop de useless comparism cos all are good in deir own merit. He sang d theme anthem an closed the continental nations cup nt even hosted in naija. So hate all u can u constitute an irrelevant few compare to those who enjoy his music across d globe. Nice song.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 21, 2013
denzel2009:

LOL! Una no go kill person. Driving on a long road but no long thing.
Re: D'banj - Finally by Akshow: 7:49am On Jun 21, 2013
eazzzy1:

its people like you that live in your father's house forever.
hahahahahahehehehehehehehehe u mind d deluded clown?D banj according to only one tribe in naija is wack cos he dumped don jazzy's ass. Isn't it obvious that d green eyed monster is wat is wrong wit them? I have never seen a bitter lots like dis ogbuefis.
Re: D'banj - Finally by straneur(m): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2013
ogugua88: YES! A much better song than that blame am on the kudi giniwa from the other day. The title is befitting too. "Finally", as in "finally, something for my home fans". "Finally, a track that rivals or is better than Oliver Twist". "Finally, I am back to my senses and will be making gbamming tunes again". Welcome back Eja nla. E don tey. cool

They said the same for "Oliver Twist". Hundreds/thousands of videos were sent. 2 years later, no winner lol.

LOl..Ogugu the runner up was my junior in sch. They were rewarded.
Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 21, 2013
straneur: LOl..Ogugu the runner up was my junior in sch. They were rewarded.

Seriously? Were announcements made? I don't recall seeing any lol.
Re: D'banj - Finally by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 21, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Is this the actual video or just a sample?

my sister...i dey ask the same Qn..... this guy is finished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 / Burna Boy Bags Two Grammy Nominations at 2023 Grammys / Wizkid’s “Come Closer” Hits 1 Million Views On Youtube In 1 Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.