Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home (42427 Views)

Learn How To Make Yoghurt In Small Scale Or In Factory Size / Learn How To Make Yoghurt. / How Can One Make Yoghurt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by breadplanets(f): 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
Johnboom:
Hi bread planetes sweetest. Can we add sugar before leaving it overnight
I've never tried adding sugar. I guess you can. What I do if I want it sweet is to add a can of condensed milk to the milk when heating it. Condensed not ordinary liquid milk.
Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by peacettw: 4:00am On May 11, 2020
breadplanets:
I've never tried adding sugar. I guess you can. What I do if I want it sweet is to add a can of condensed milk to the milk when heating it. Condensed not ordinary liquid milk.

Thanks a lot for the tips. Tried making yoghurt today and it was a disaster. It didn't set. But seeing your recipe, I believe that I will work out fine when next I try it. What about granola? Any tips of how one can do that?

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by ogechimezie: 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
@breadplanet. Is the outcome of the yoghurt usually of thick consistency?. If yes how do i lighten it to get a runny consistency like the regular hollandia yoghurt? Thanks
Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by alexmicheal500: 2:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
You need UNPASTEIRIZED FRESH COW MILK directly from the farm? Look no further as we have it in whatever quantity of your choice. If you are interested in processing different products like, cheese, wara, yogurt, ice cream, buttermilk, cream milk etc please WhatsApp MICHAEL @ 08150823710 or CALL 07053717929.
PRICE : 800 Naira/Litre (Well Packaged and air-tight).

Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by cynhamscakes(f): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2020
ogechimezie:
@breadplanet. Is the outcome of the yoghurt usually of thick consistency?. If yes how do i lighten it to get a runny consistency like the regular hollandia yoghurt? Thanks

Stir or add little quantity of culture.
Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by tabithababy(f): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
Alright
Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
breadplanet:
8. Pour hot water into a cooler ( as hot as you can bath with without wounding yourself).
9. Put the bowl of warm milk into the cooler, if it floats hold it down with something ( i use breakable bowls).
10. Cover tightly and leave to incubate for at least 8hrs (they write 4hrs on the yogurmet satchet but trust me that is not enough).
11. U can check after like 5hrs to see if d water had cooled down considerably. If it has top it off with hot water (but i dont bother with this when i incubate overnite). Pls don't jolt the bowl.
12. After 8hrs open the bowl and bend it a bit u'll see that d yogurt has set.
13. Refrigerate immediately without turning it for like 2 to 4 hrs but if u want to eat immediately put it in d freezer for at least 1 hr b4 eating.
NOTE: one satchet of yogurmet is for 4cups of milk which you'll get with dis recipe.
PLEASE dnt finish the yogurt o i know its sweet but dis one as far as im concerned is just the starter for subsequent yogurts. I just use small white nylon and tie as much as possible (4tablespoons each) put in a container and into the freezer.
Then whenever i feel like yogurt i just take one nylon and start the process all over again just dat now i mix in the yogurt not the powdered culture.
This time around it takes just 5 to 6 hrs for the yogurt to set i just leave it longer for as much as 12hrs depending on how sour i want it. And with each nylon (4tablespoons) i use 4cups powdered milk to 8cups water.
It's long i know but once u get the hang of it its quite easy.
Happy yogurt making!

Interesting and well detailed.

Thanks.
Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by ekikereobong: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pls i want to get the unpasteurized milk, pls where can i get it, am in calabar.
Re: Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home by ekikereobong: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
[quote author=alexmicheal500 post=92414077]You need UNPASTEIRIZED FRESH COW MILK directly from the farm? Look no further as we have it in whatever quantity of your choice. If you are interested in processing different products like, cheese, wara, yogurt, ice cream, buttermilk, cream milk etc please WhatsApp MICHAEL @ 08150823710 or CALL 07053717929.
PRICE : 800 Naira/Litre (Well Packaged and air-tight).

[am in calabar, how do i get it?]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / What Are You Eating/Drinking Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.