Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,873 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai (1116 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Gov. Suntai Accuses His Deputy Of Betrayal / Gov Suntai Discharged From US Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by Aderostock(m): 8:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
Neurological doctors treating Governor
Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State in the United
States have told his family and the state
government footing his medical bills the
governor cannot return to normal state of
mental health that would enable him to
function as a governor.
Mr. Suntai first received treatment at the
famous John Hopkins University Hospital in
Baltimore, Maryland, before moving to a
rehabilitation center in upstate New York, both
of which have reportedly given up on the
chances of full recovery of Mr. Suntai.
In October 2012, he survived an aircrash near
Yola Airport and was flown to Germany for
treatment for brain injuries.
A medical source told SaharaReporters that
when Mr. Suntai was brought in from Germany,
he had swelling in his brain and had lost
significant control of his ability to recognize
people or speak coherently. The source also
described the governor as drooling like a baby.
After several months of treatment in the US the
doctors have now told Mr. Suntai's family and
the deputy governor of Taraba State who came
visiting two weeks ago that Mr. Suntai be sent
home to manage his condition as there is
nothing more that can be done to heal him.
The State government has spent close to $3.5
million on Mr. Suntai's treatment in the US
alone.
At a meeting with his Deputy two weeks ago,
Mr. Suntai was seen in photographs laughing out
loud, but our medical sources said he repeats
anything told to him several times until he is
told to stop.
A clip of Mr. Suntai meeting with his deputy was
shown on the Nigerian Television Authority
network, with the sound curiously muted.
Mr. Suntai's wife and a few political office
holders, including the Commissioner of
Information, Emmanuel Bello, are reportedly
manipulating the media by claiming that Suntai
has fully recovered and is on his way to
resuming power as governor.
He has been seen in photos that appear to be
stage-managed for brief moments to show the
ailing governor as though fully healed, but
nobody has heard him speak or answer any
questions.
Mr. Suntai, a trained pilot, was personally flying
the aircraft in which he was injured.

http://m.naij.com/news/37663.html
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by 234GT(m): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
As things stand, it would have been better for him to have lost his life to the aircrash.
Now, he only survived to become an object of ridicle. His state also wasted money on him. The money could have been used to provide good roads and quality education among other things for the people of his state.
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by Expensive72(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
234GT: As things stand, it would have been better for him to have lost his life to the aircrash.
Now, he only survived to become an object of ridicle. His state also wasted money on him. The money could have been used to provide good roads and quality education among other things for the people of his state.
What are u implying, that he should have been left to die in the first place?
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by kkkp: 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by brownlord: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
3.5 million dollars when hospital in taraba dont have paracetamol, when citizens of his state loose their life cos of 10k medicl bill, and now more money would be waisted in taking care of the wacko, no wahala God no dey sleep
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:51am On Jun 20, 2013
I don tell u:

If this man cannot function as a normal human again, dnt let him waste like that. Turn him into robocop make e go join JTF for north!
Make i'm dey useful for his people na
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by Emyo(m): 5:39am On Jun 20, 2013
why are mad people in an increase? Gov. Captain idris Wada of kogi state.

Al these pilot captain self,...smtin in d air! 2015 gbam
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by greatgod2012(f): 5:45am On Jun 20, 2013
I said it before and i will still say it......i reserve my comment until i see him back to the country.

I dont know why its omly liars that we have as leaders in this country. May God help us.
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:48am On Jun 20, 2013
Emyo: why are mad people in an increase? Gov. Captain idris Wada of kogi state.

Al these pilot captain self,...smtin in d air! 2015 gbam
guy wetin u smoke??

What's this got to do with wada?
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by 3ace(m): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2013
greatgod2012: I said it before and i will still say it......i reserve my comment until i see him back to the country.

I dont know why its omly liars that we have as leaders in this country. May God help us.

Why wouldn't they lie when they know that the end of Suntai is the end of their looting as they will be pushed aside as soon as another person takes over the office of the Governor. Have you forgotten Yaradua's case and the role Andokaa played?
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by kaze4blues(m): 7:53am On Jun 20, 2013
Rich man use him money nuy death...

10th dis time...I can stil do better
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by kaze4blues(m): 7:55am On Jun 20, 2013
Rich man use him money buy death...

10th dis time...I can stil do better
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2013
Sounds like a de javu to me.
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by dridowu: 8:24am On Jun 20, 2013
I already gave up on d man sef
Re: He Cannot Longer Function Normally – US Doctors Give Up On Gov Suntai by Emyo(m): 8:26am On Jun 20, 2013
Aedes_muskeeto: guy wetin u smoke??

his a Governor so is Wada.
Both are... lipsrsealed
Aedes_muskeeto: guy wetin u smoke??

his a Governor so is Wada.
Both have...mental ache
Both are flight flicks!

(1) (Reply)

Terry G Rivers Assembly Remix Video...knackam! / Seminar Training On Soap, Paints, Bleach, Perfumes, Air-freshener Production / Nigerian Soldiers At It Again::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.