Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? (46492 Views)

OLX Cars Vs Nairaland Autos / Japanese Cars Vs German Cars - Which Do You Prefer To Use In Nigeria? / New Cars Vs Tokunbo Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by austinobee: 5:00pm On May 09, 2008
Buying a Tokunbo car is generally always better than buying Nigerian Used cars when it comes to reliability of purchase.  A tokunbo car would and should have less problems than a Nigerian used car.  I think this should be because of one of the following factors:

(1)  The state of our roads in Nigeria
(2)  The mentality of car users in Nigeria who hardly service their cars
(3)  The recklessness of drivers in Nigeria who in a hurry will bump into available pothole in the bad roads.

However, tokunbo cars are more expensive than Nigerian used cars.  The question is:  Is it possible to get good tokunbo cars at cheap (rock bottom) prices?

Yes it is.    You can get a good deal from cotonou agents and firewall drivers at the risk of losing your cars to custom officials who would sieze cars from smugglers that do not pay dues or know how to go about the business.

Anyway, if you need a reliable Tokunbo car from cotonou at the best price with a money back guarantee, should you not like the car on arrival, you can call the following numbers 08120818668 and 07028833735.  Also call for price enquiries.  You will discover that the prices are much lower than what you will get from major tokunbo car dealers.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by benedo(m): 6:11pm On May 09, 2008
Chief,

This your post should be in the auto section and i am sure u must have meant Tokunbo Cars wink
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by Goshen360(m): 6:13pm On May 09, 2008
Yea, i agree with you cos i reside in the border area of Nigeria and benin republic and also buy cars for customers at times. I also have the idea of how much its being sold in Lagos or else where in Nigeria. The main issue is, most of the tyme, car dealers at Apapa also have agent at seme border area who buys car for them to resell. But if you can connect a good agent from seme border, you are sure of a better fair price.

Keep the thread going please.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by WallaceDon(m): 6:49pm On May 09, 2008
You made a point here but i want to help you guys to avoid why me? or[b] heard i know[/b] ?

I knew a good car deals in Nigerian, Last year I bought my Honda Babyboy and my Benz 190 from him at a cheap cost, I travel back to UK on April 15th 2007 and eve since then my mom have not complain of having any problem with the 190 Benz i left for her.

I lost their complimentary card but you can get their information through the below link.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/board/buy-sell/40273-cheap-cars-sale-nigeria.html

For your own good try then first b4 jumping down to Benin Republic to avoid customs problem.

if interested kindly call them on 08068097693 or email lexfrosty@yahoo.com

Thank You.

Still DJ WallaCE.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by nkc(m): 7:01pm On May 09, 2008
@walladon

u have just mentioned our very own, son of soil, our IGWE

VIPERMAN on nairaland

checked yur link lexfrosty is viperman grin grin grin grin
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dewiseacre(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2008
Which of u guys can get me a car for N200,000 in perfect conditions.A very good and befitting car for a young man of 25, and I dont want old school
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by austinobee: 12:22pm On May 10, 2008
dewiseacre:

Which of u guys can get me a car for N200,000 in perfect conditions.A very good and befitting car for a young man of 25, and I don't want old school

dewiseacre What kind of car are you looking at? I think we should be able to get you something. Just call me this evening on 07028833735 or 07084267514
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dewiseacre(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2008
Guys,what I have is 200k for everything.i.e papers,licenses and what have you.I want something very OK,sportish,trendy, maybe a coupe and it has to be in good working condition.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by Toks2008(m): 12:46pm On May 10, 2008
Hi Guys,

Well i very much believe that Nigerians have totally been misguided concerning the issue of cars.

1. Cars are necessities and not luxuries. Therefore buy an affordable car as long as it is presentable and in a very good shape. Forget very expensive cars and use your money for more productive things.

2. Never buy a car without finding out the maintainance cost.

3. VIN(Vehicle identification number) or no VIN, to know car history is not a guarantee that you will enjoy a particular car. Make a thorough examination.

4. If you ever decide to buy Nigerian used cars, please be careful because 9 out of every 10 Nigerian used cars have a hidden problem.

5. This might sound stupid but please if you have a choice to choose between auto and manual transmission,dive for the manual. Cheap to maintain.

6. If you must buy expensive cars, go for the Nigerian used ones that are not more than a year in Nigeria because in most cases the owners are probaly broke after spending so much to aquire it.

7. Until our Nigerian auto dealers soft pedal,stop waisting your Hard earned money buying cars of eight years or less from dealers in Nigeria due to their exploitative atitude. Order them directly from United Stes.

8. Alternatively go to Benin Rep. and buy your car, do your duty and drive your car home jeje, no fear of this or that. You can save thousands of naira and give to charity rather than dashing it out to our dealers here. Immagine what you can do with N100,000 savings on toyota camry 2001 model that is sold here at N1.4m or N1.5m while you will get same from Benin rep. at about N1.3m(duty fee included).

9. If you have your way, look for good car sales outlet in lagos where you can find cheap cars above 8 years and buy jeje and don't wait until you have millions to shower on the so called state of the art cars.

10. If you love variety, then never use a car for more than a year or at most two before selling it. Just add a little money to buy another one.

Thanks

Tokunbo

5 Likes

Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dewiseacre(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2008
Guys,what I have is 200k for everything.i.e papers,licenses and what have you.I want something very OK,sportish,trendy, maybe a coupe and it has to be in good working condition.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by austinobee: 1:07pm On May 10, 2008
dewiseacre:

What exactly do you need? A tokunbo or a Nigerian Used (Second hand) car? Please be specific.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dewiseacre(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2008
Austin,I'm not choosy about whether it is tokunbo or Nigerian used.I just want one that is very OK,working well and trendy.My friend bought his at a local car wash and the car is very OK, another friend of mine bought one that was imported and that's OK too, so any would do,as long as it meets my taste of being trendy,ok and fine.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by Toks2008(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2008
Hi Bro,

I no go fool you, it is very hard to get a good Nigerian used for that price but if you have like N300k, you might just be lucky.

Toks.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by neowelsh(m): 3:53pm On May 10, 2008
u rite
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by Rsconcept: 8:52pm On May 10, 2008
Hello nairalander, I have Good car for sell, It is in Good condition and the price is very good. Anybody interested should contact me on 2348060516930. lest I forget The brand is Benz 230.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dee02(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2008
Rsconcept:

Hello nairalander, I have Good car for sell, It is in Good condition and the price is very good. Anybody interested should contact me on 2348060516930. lest I forget The brand is Benz 230.

Do people still buy BENZ 230?!
Fuc/king hell!

If u have a Bugatti Veyron, lets talk!
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by begood1: 10:58am On May 13, 2008
Toks2008:

Hi Bro,

I no go fool you, it is very hard to get a good Nigerian used for that price but if you have like N300k, you might just be lucky.

Toks.

Hello Toks,
Can someone get a sound one with 250K?
please advice on the type of vehicle which wil be involved.
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dee02(m): 12:21pm On May 13, 2008
begood1:

Hello Toks,
Can someone get a sound one with 250K?
please advice on the type of vehicle which wil be involved.

My brother it is your lucky day because my friend's great-grandfather wants to sell his RENAULT (OKERE) 1967model for 130k!
You would have spare cash of about 120k left so u can spruce it up with a tinted window, alloy wheels, cd blaster and airconditioner

let me know if your interested
it is well in the name of the Lord
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by begood1: 2:20pm On May 13, 2008
dee02:

My brother it is your lucky day because my friend's great-grandfather wants to sell his RENAULT (OKERE) 1967model for 130k!
You would have spare cash of about 120k left so u can spruce it up with a tinted window, alloy wheels, cd blaster and airconditioner

let me know if your interested
it is well in the name of the Lord
My post was addressed clearly to TOks,
Please i dont have any business to do with people like u
why not persuade ur father to sell his today?? embarassed
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dee02(m): 9:03pm On May 13, 2008
begood1:

My post was addressed clearly to TOks,
Please i don't have any business to do with people like u
why not persuade your father to sell his today?? embarassed

my guy relax now, i dey try make sure say u get car buy
why u come dey vex?LOL grin grin grin grin
ur money no go fit buy the TYRE wey dey my papa car so make we no go there at all
goodluck with ur search for a car grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by begood1: 3:02pm On May 14, 2008
dee02:

my guy relax now, i dey try make sure say u get car buy
why u come dey vex?LOL grin grin grin grin
your money no go fit buy the TYRE wey dey my papa car so make we no go there at all
goodluck with your search for a car grin grin
cheesy grin onye apari
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by earthrealm(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2008
this is the sr model, with seat belt.
no airbag or ac

asking price 220k,
call or email 4 details,
i know a good body shop where u can tidy up the cars exterior,
the engine is quite good

1 Like

Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dee02(m): 5:03pm On May 14, 2008
earthrealm:

this is the sr model, with seat belt.
no airbag or ac

asking price 220k,
call or email 4 details,
i know a good body shop where u can tidy up the cars exterior,
the engine is quite good

My guy this your car no bad ooo
e be like say u craze, wey u use car reach this state! grin
abeg carry your flying coffin waka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by earthrealm(m): 9:30am On May 15, 2008
@dee02,

what temerity, calling my car a flying coffin

take time oh shocked grin, b4 u spoil my market
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by yemivictor: 9:39am On May 15, 2008
Can anyone please tell me what my options are for strictly a tokunbo car!

All i have to spare is 500k & i'd prefer an automatic transmission please!! undecided
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by mygee33(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2008
Hello Guys,
i have an option of buying HONDA HALLA or HONDA BULLET.
I am considering the two both in terms of performnce and maintenace. I have not been much into honda cars. Once it took my freind over 50k to dublicate the key of his Honda Legend.
Which one will you Buy if you re in my Shoes
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by batuphil(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2008
Hey guys, have been looking for Mercedes ML 230 or 320 with great and excellent condition.
If you have in Lagos or u think getting from Benin Republic will be the
best deal please contact me and lets work something out. Email me at "augphyl@yahoo.com"
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by lekandon(m): 8:32pm On May 17, 2008
Please Nairaland, I want to buy a nigerian used Gulf 1 but I only 150,000 naira how do I go about it?
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by lordimpaq(m): 1:04pm On May 18, 2008
go to owode onirin, just beside mechanic village, u'll see one used golf, its pretty un-neat, trust me you'll like it, it has a broken side mirror, dented hood, crashed headlamps and the reverse gear doesn't work, and to cap it off, its tiptronic!!! cool

i'm so certain they'll sell it to at 150k, grin

1 Like

Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by tinkinfela(m): 9:12am On May 20, 2008
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by dee02(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2008
tinkinfela:

Honda baby boy for sale, special edition, alloy wheels, special lights, fact fitted, etc
asking price NGN850K
Call me, 08058863979

The petrol attendant looks more like HE'S FOR SALE rather than the HONDA CAR! grin
Re: Tukunbo Cars Vs Nigerian Fairly Used? by tinkinfela(m): 7:31am On May 22, 2008
ha ha not funny!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man In A Car Brings Out His Legs At Awolowo Road, Ikoyi (pictured) / First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto / Innoson Is Not The Only Vehicle Manufacturer In Nigeria. See The Others (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.