Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno (9371 Views)

Buhari Receives Emir Of Yobe And His Delegates In Abuja(photos) / Live Updates From Bornu, Yobe And Adamawa States / State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Handsomeemmy(m): 5:05am On Jun 20, 2013
Press Release

Recent terrorist attacks in Yobe and Borno

The Defence Headquarters has noted a number of attacks and killing of innocent citizens ostensibly carried out by terrorists in Yobe and Borno States in the last couple of days. Although this isolated incidents were undertaken by relocating terrorists, the whole trend and development remains unfortunate and condemnable. Nevertheless, the public is hereby reassured that these incidences are by no means indicative of a relapse in the counter-insurgency operation aimed at curbing terrorists’ activities in the country.

Rather, this trend of sneaking in to carry out isolated attack on soft targets as a way of seeking attention, is a typical end-game strategy often employed by insurgents all over the world. In this instance, the recent activities are signs of desperation of a decimated insurgent group attempting to hang on to public consciousness. With the destruction of their operational bases and camps by the Special Forces, the group’s centre of gravity has been effectively dislocated making it impossible for them to have freedom of action to operate as they did previously.

Notwithstanding, the Special Forces have stepped up the mop up, cordon and search operations to ensure that the vestiges of terrorism are effectively further decimated in those states. Eight of the terrorists who perpetrated the mayhem during the weekend have been apprehended at the outskirt of Maiduguri. The Defence Headquarters therefore urge members of the public to continue to report any suspicious movement to security agents.

CHRIS OLUKOLADE

Brigadier General

Director Defence Information

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=561838800535699&set=a.280034372049478.85296.259701504082765&type=1

The DHQ has noted a number of attacks and killing of innocent citizens ostensibly carried out by terrorists in Yobe and Borno in the last couple of days.
``Although this isolated incidents were undertaken by relocating terrorists, the whole trend and development remains unfortunate and condemnable.
``Nevertheless, the public is hereby reassured that these incidences are by no means indicative of a relapse in the counter-insurgency operation aimed at curbing terrorists’ activities in the country.''
The statement quoted the DHQ as saying that rather, this trend of sneaking in to carry out isolated attacks on soft targets as a way of seeking attention is a typical end-game strategy often employed by insurgents all over the world.
It said in this instance, the recent activities are signs of desperation of a decimated insurgent group attempting to hang on to public consciousness.
With the destruction of their operational bases and camps by the Special Forces, the group’s centre of gravity had been effectively dislocated.
The statement added that this had made it impossible for them to have freedom of action to operate as they did previously.
The DHQ, however, urged the public to continue to report any suspicious movement to security agents.

source: www.fmi.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 20, 2013
OP, are u Olukolade? bcause no source t dis ur post o!
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by speaktoinzaghi(m): 9:27am On Jun 20, 2013
May God help us
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2013
Interesting...!

I pray that all Boko Harams die horribly and slowly. AMEN!
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2013
Please adequate precaution should be taken to protect the poor, defenceless citizens who unfortunately always fall prey to these aggressors.

2 Likes

Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by fitzmayowa: 9:30am On Jun 20, 2013
Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by ezedolar: 9:32am On Jun 20, 2013
Thanks to jtf becos it is not easy to fight those fool who want to die for there powerless god and blood sucking Islam

8 Likes

Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Capnd143(m): 9:36am On Jun 20, 2013
Carry on boys! Us fought taliban for decades even with their super military arsenals, nigeria has hit a blow on those bastards with a meager $2 billion defense budget! Up the Jtf
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 20, 2013
To the security personnel on NL,I got T̲̣̣̥HĨ̷̊S: dream last night and my dream use to come to past,pls act according to my instructions and let's finish dis fight.Last night,I dream and saw myself in Borno,where d Boko boys were prevalent,I discover dos guys are hiding in thick bushes and forest.Some are located in d airport environs.dey almost got me in d dream. But I flew and escaped.Pls,u people should go to d airport vicinity,thick bushes and forests,dey are hiding dia ryt nw, thanks.
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by pekelepekele(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2013
From my own point of view i don't think it is some terrorist group we are fighting . I think it some muslim countries in africa like burkina faso and others that had benefited a lot from the past northern government and they are not happy that the death of Yar adua stopped that so they want a new northern president . If not why is boko haram too strong to wipe off . na wa oo undecided
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Burger01(m): 9:45am On Jun 20, 2013
Desperados.. and they always fail at the end.

sad
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by sirmose: 9:49am On Jun 20, 2013
Plz, I want dis mess to b settled quickly so as to shift attention to oda issues. We av dwelt so long on BH. My candid advice to JTF: pls protect doz civilian JTF during and after dis exercise to avoid any mayhem bein unleached on dem. D recent war bein declared on d youths by doz idiots shld not b taken for granted.
Plz, lets think of hw to contribute our own quota towards makin dis con3 great again, as I am doin in my small measure. Dnt ask me my con3butions, because I wnt announce it.
Leave sentiments, ethnicity, tribalism, bias, etc but join hands with ur local or state authority (wic ever is closer to u) to improve lives.
Thanks.
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by babadem2much(m): 9:58am On Jun 20, 2013
noted, that will be taken kia of will pass same up there

ebenezer4o2: To the security personnel on NL,I got T̲̣̣̥HĨ̷̊S: dream last night and my dream use to come to past,pls act according to my instructions and let's finish dis fight.Last night,I dream and saw myself in Borno,where d Boko boys were prevalent,I discover dos guys are hiding in thick bushes and forest.Some are located in d airport environs.dey almost got me in d dream. But I flew and escaped.Pls,u people should go to d airport vicinity,thick bushes and forests,dey are hiding dia ryt nw, thanks.
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by beylinko(m): 10:02am On Jun 20, 2013
ebenezer4o2: To the security personnel on NL,I got T̲̣̣̥HĨ̷̊S: dream last night and my dream use to come to past,pls act according to my instructions and let's finish dis fight.Last night,I dream and saw myself in Borno,where d Boko boys were prevalent,I discover dos guys are hiding in thick bushes and forest.Some are located in d airport environs.dey almost got me in d dream. But I flew and escaped.Pls,u people should go to d airport vicinity,thick bushes and forests,dey are hiding dia ryt nw, thanks.
Ok! We will. Btw did u watch any movie before u slept last night?

1 Like

Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by PrintShop: 10:23am On Jun 20, 2013
beylinko:

cracked my ribs there. he probably watched a movie. buh some movies come to pass still sha. kudos to our JTF. its an end-game strategy for the boko haram. they re tryna be relevant. they are all dead already
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 20, 2013
beylinko:
I didn't.it's d way God use 2 show me things ryt frm wen I was a youth
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Interesting...!

I pray that all Boko Harams die horribly and slowly. AMEN!
If you witness that, you won't sleep for days.. I can assure you
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by KYO1: 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
The JTF should be careful in giving out information's regarding clues they get from civilians concerning BH members because this innocent citizens fall victims at the end of the day,this will reduce insurgents killing people
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by ebucha: 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
ezedolar: Thanks to jtf becos it is not easy to fight those fool who want to die for there powerless god and blood sucking Islam
so unfortunate
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by bory09(m): 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
The private investor can also help the government in battling boko haram. Example is Gulder ultimate search, they should locate this year search in the northern area where boko haram make as their base e.g sambisa game reserve and name it the search for the boko haram. I don't know why the likes of MASSOB, OPC, ETC. can't go to this area to start killing those boko boys then we will know how powerful they are. Abi what do you guys think
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by justsayemma(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
M stil wondering how,a highly militarized region,wil b under siege 4 5 hours,and 48 people were killed,without any repulsion.its so sad,I wonder how people wil give out useful info 2 security operatives,when their safety aint guaranteed,n even d ones caught r been released.
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Cmeo(m): 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
See mumu JTF, they think we no go school at all, even if we no go too much. They said the attacks are not an "indicative of a relapse in the counter-insurgency operation", if its not, then what is it? Sign of Boko Haram winning the war at all time?? We go school small o JTF.
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Eve4: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
. Sannu, Joseph d dreamer Lmao. Ok ☺ JTF act as Joseph instructs.
Re: Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno by Symdy(m): 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
[color=][/color] :PAll these ones boko is doing is called final gragra. They are dead. [color=]All these ones boko is doing is called final gragra. They are dead. [/color]All these ones boko is doing is called final gragra. They are dead.

(1) (Reply)

My Dad Prepared Me Well For What I’m Doing — Oby Ezekwesili / N1 Trillion Projects: Lawmakers Jittery As Constituents Demand Explanations / Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.