Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition (1170 Views)

APC Senators' Truce Talks Upset Saraki’s Alliance With PDP. / Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye / HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by Tofax: 9:30am On Jun 20, 2013
A coalition of self-determination
groups in Yorubaland, under the
aegis of O’Odua Nationalist Coalition
(ONAC), has declared that the plan to
forge an electoral alliance between
the Hausa-Fulani North and the
Yoruba of the South West cannot help
the Yoruba’s quest for restructuring of
the Nigerian polity. The group, in a
statement on Wednesday, insisted that
any alliance between the conservative
Hausa-Fulani and the progressive
Yorubas of the South West ahead of
the 2015 elections could only benefit
the North, which, it said, was not
interested in restructuring the polity.
In the statement by ONAC’s Assistant
Publicity Secretary, Mr Ayoola Ajayi,
the group said that the Nigerian
“Garrison” must be restructured to
ensure self-determination and
resource control by ethnic
nationalities. The group stated that
rather than support the northern bid
to return to power, the Yoruba should
sponsor General Alani Akinrinade as a
presidential hopeful in 2015.
According to the group, Yoruba’s
great thinker, Chief Obafemi Awolowo,
did not at any time contemplate an
alliance with the north because he
knew it would be counterproductive.
It said: “The alliance of the Yoruba
people should be with progressive
and pro-restructuring forces in the
middle-belt, the South-South and the
South-East.” “The Hausa-Fulani North
will forever repel any attempt to
restructure Nigeria. Our alliance
should not be with feudalists. Any
alliance with the Taliban will be
ferociously repelled by the Yoruba
population. ONAC will embark on a
house-to house campaign against the
Talibanisation of the South West.”
Source:tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/14776-2015-alliance-with-north-won’t-help-yoruba-—oodua-coalition.html

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2013
Chinekeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Emm, Ebuka! Ebuka!! Ebuka!!!
Oya, I am inside one room for Nairaland.
Come follow me read wetin I dey read.

Memoirs to Ojukwu,

Dear Sir,
I have a breaking news!
A group of people from the Western District have come out openly to condemn the open romance between their kinsmen and the Jihardists.

They are even calling for alliance with South Sout, South East and Middle Belt.
I think these people do understand Nigeria very well and they want to make a difference.
What do you think Sir?

Do we trust them?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by Geomac: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2013
I no fit laugh o. General Alane!
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by takedat(m): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2013
What did we benefit when our own son was there? Nada! Is Gen. Akinrinade a politician? No! Can the Yoruba's alone make him President? No What have we benefited from our alliance with the SS and SE? Nothing! Political jobbers adorning the cloak of self-determination groups.
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by olabukola: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2013
take dat: What did we benefit when our own son was there? Nada! Is Gen. Akinrinade a politician? No! Can the Yoruba's alone make him President? No What have we benefited from our alliance with the SS and SE? Nothing! Political jobbers adorning the cloak of self-determination groups.
To you they political jobbers and to them you and the people forming alliance with north are political jobbers.

op
We have a proven man in Fashola but no we must support Buhari by fire by force.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by Emperor007: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2013
noblezone: Chinekeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Memoirs to Ojukwu,

Dear Sir,
I have a breaking news!
A group of people from the Western District have come out openly to condemn the open romance between their kinsmen and the Jihardists.

I think these people do understand Nigeria very well and they want to make a difference.
What do you think Sir?

Do we trust them?

^^^

Food for thought .

Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by bloggernaija: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
If you look in all directions,all you see are conservatives.not to talk about the conservatives/right wingers in our own mist .
Guess we are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.
The north is both religiously and economically conservative.
The SE/SS are both economically conservative .
The fact is it will be hard for any person forged in the crucible of core awoism/liberalism to ever emerge out of the country.
The only option is to work with what you got.
On the one hand you have PDP which is controlled by the ex military establishment and their errand boys.
They need no introduction as the party and its predecessor have ruled the country in one way or the other since independence.
On the other hand, we have APC which is being moulded by civilians and remnants of those who fought the military.
PDP are all but happy with the status quo .
Forging alliances is not a one way street.
I can remember the SW gave GEJ the vote the last time in the hope that he will fundamentally alter the structure of the country by making the centre unattractive.
nothing.Not even the mediocre but below average performance of the past.
The only thing I can see is for the SW governors to strive further to distinguish themselves amongst their peers.
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by takedat(m): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
olabukola: To you they political jobbers and to them you and the people forming alliance with north are political jobbers.

op
We have a proven man in Fashola but no we must support Buhari by fire by force.
The only person that can get me to a polling booth is Fashola. If the(APC) is to present Fashola as candidate, won't they need support from other parts of the country, most especially the region(North) who has agreed to join in the coalition? Are the other regions in the South willing to work with the Yoruba's? Even If the Yoruba's agree to work with the SS and SE, do you think they will allow for a Yoruba candidate when their son is also contesting? Won't they bring up the excuse that OBJ, a Yoruba man not too long ago was president and so power should shift? How will the Yoruba candidate get the needed support, when all these self-serving faceless ethnic champions does, is to weep up toxic embers of hate in the entire country? Is the PDP not a party largely controlled by Northerners? Where was the group when the late Yaradua, an hausa-fulani man was elected president? PDP sponsored ethnic jingoists!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by juman(m): 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
The group is agent of PDP.
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by saintneo(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2013
Nice thread
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
Their Opinion :::::::::

as far as North is part of Nigeria and SouthWest is also in the same Nigeria::::::.

Romance between the two region can never be ruled out for Nigeria to prosper !!!
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by remarkD(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
You and Ebuka should be careful o.. especially with those your Biafran labels; and now this memo to Ojukwu ya never know.. soon all it'll take will be an over zealous trickster to compose a fictitious and tell us its an authentic memo ... to the "military governor" of Biafra rofl.

Memoirs to Ojukwu,

Dear Sir,
I have a breaking news!

What do you think Sir?

Do we trust them?

Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
remark D: You and Ebuka should be careful o.. especially with those your Biafran labels; and now this memo to Ojukwu ya never know.. soon all it'll take will be an over zealous trickster to compose a fictitious and tell us its an authentic memo ... to the "military governor" of Biafra rofl.

The "labels" are very important oo. I cant wait to see them stamped on goods. Our own made goods.

As for some trickster composing a fictitious memoir, I suggest that we should have a Nairaland vigilante group, to arrest such people. I am saying vigilante because if we form Nairaland police, them fit dey collect N50 N50 and turn their faces away.
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by DuduNegro: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
Everyday a new faceless group is made up by media and propped up as the people's voice. This new Oodua group, are they recognized by Afenifere?

If the answer is no, this report is nothing other than a plot to dilute and discredit trust on the opposition party.
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by DerideGull(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Reagan once said “Trust but Verify”. Ndigbo and Biafrans had trusted these backstabbers before and verification of such trust had been regrettable to say the least.

I can not trust anybody socially or politically from western region, certain parts of mid-western region, northern region or certain parts of eastern region.
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
DerideGull: Reagan once said “Trust but Verify”. Ndigbo and Biafrans had trusted these backstabbers before and verification of such trust had been regrettable to say the least.

I can not trust anybody socially or politically from western region, certain parts of mid-western region, northern region or certain parts of eastern region.

Bitterness and hatred for other Nigerians that are not your tribesmen is in every ounce of your blood

.....WS had people like you in mind with that article he wrote.
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by duality(m): 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
I personally have issues with the way we use the words "Progressive" , "Conservative" and "retrogressive s"

Its now being used for sycophancy. Those who have brazenly engaged in political criminality especially in the south west call themselves "progressives". This is quite ludicrous.
Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by rosebowl01(m): 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
Memoirs to Azikiwe
CC: Ekwueme, and other Ibo alliance for convenience, but runaway when the heat gets too hot, or blame others thereafter leaders (Wolves always claiming to be Sheep)

I have a breaking news!!!!!
Yorubas again have come out to openly condemn an alliance with unprogressive elements from the North. The children (North) of Sardauna of Sokoto and Tafawa Balewa to whom you sold your birth-right (Ceremonial president), and engaged in a determined fight to incarcerate Awolowo, and isolate the SW people from the centre.
Well, it seems that they(Yorubas) have survived, and are still proudly independent minded people. On the other hand, your own people have taken after you, and continually align with them (North) when convenient, but complain and dissociate themselves when the alliance doesn't work anymore (see Nigeria's leadership history).
I hope in your next life, when offered freedom to govern YOUR OWN PEOPLE, you won't force yourself on others, and try to kill their leader if you can't have your way, or run away (tip-off) in the guise of medical trip while your children engage in the killing of other region's leaders (victim my **s).
Continue to RIP.

Memoirs to Ojukwu,

Dear Sir,
I have a breaking news!

What do you think Sir?

Do we trust them?

Re: 2015: Alliance With North Won’t Help Yoruba —oodua Coalition by olabukola: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
take dat: The only person that can get me to a polling booth is Fashola. If the(APC) is to present Fashola as candidate, won't they need support from other parts of the country, most especially the region(North) who has agreed to join in the coalition? Are the other regions in the South willing to work with the Yoruba's? Even If the Yoruba's agree to work with the SS and SE, do you think they will allow for a Yoruba candidate when their son is also contesting? Won't they bring up the excuse that OBJ, a Yoruba man not too long ago was president and so power should shift? How will the Yoruba candidate get the needed support, when all these self-serving faceless ethnic champions does, is to weep up toxic embers of hate in the entire country? Is the PDP not a party largely controlled by Northerners? Where was the group when the late Yaradua, an hausa-fulani man was elected president? PDP sponsored ethnic jingoists!
if APC present fashola the north have no choice than to vote him or stay at home. Buhari is a bad choice man, with him sw vote gonna split and believe me gej will carry the day.

(1) (Reply)

Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! / Fashola's Successor Unsettles APC / ACN/APC Fracas And Security Report In Ado Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.