Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! (1170 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State / Buhari Receives Dein Of Agbor Kingdom In State House Today (Photos) / Buhari Worships At Imo State House Chapel (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by delors(m): 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wow! I just saw this video and I was shocked beyond words. This actually happened in Rivers State House Assembly! Planking and clubbing like there was going to be another ALUU saga! And these are Nigerian law makers? Same! shocked shocked shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9P9nxNMA8&feature=player_embedded
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by delors(m): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
Moderator, please help transfer this to front page...Nigerians home and abroad must see this glaring show of shame.
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by Chibuhealth(f): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wow! Wahala dey ooo, plz is it only in Rivers state that all these kind thing happens?.....imagine the stick, he wan kill snake?
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by delors(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by lee007(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
Front page Please...Let everyone have a clue of what is to come in 2015....Very Shameless Nation!
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by delors(m): 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
Chibuhealth: Wow! Wahala dey ooo, plz is it only in Rivers state that all these kind thing happens?.....imagine the stick, he wan kill snake?
I swear na these same people go dey talk say areas boys dey heartless. Imagine what dat guy did? Pure disrespect for a national symbol (the emblem). I still cannot believe this happened in Naija...so so embarrassing! I suspect that 'planker' was among the culprits of the ALUU 4...judging by the way he handled the plank. Thug!
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by lee007(m): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
cryI was almost tempted to show 'them' here what our Politicians do at home....but on a second thought I was afriad of what 'they' will think of me as a Nigerian...no wonder they still think we live on trees Sad!

1 Like

Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
lee007: Front page Please...Let everyone have a clue of what is to come in 2015....Very Shameless Nation!

What do you mean by 2015?
This is not the first time law makers "signed" violence into the "law" and it won't be the last.
It did happen even in the national assembly.

Most of those men you saw there are nothing but touts!
If you live in PH, you will know that even our governor is also a tout.
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by psucc(m): 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
Bros, they want to invoke the bayelsa show where few members impeach d boy Alams. Nigeria we are moving forward
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by deeobserver209(m): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Now some people will say na Goodluck Jonathan cos am, na him supporters. Well for your information the President has nothing to do with it. It's so surprising to hear people say the house of assembly fiasco was engineered from outside the state when those fighting like Mike Tyson were all From Rivers state.
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by Reptyle(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
What a shame! How can men who call themselves lawmakers degenerate to wielding clubs and bashing each others head in like cavemen.

Also look at what the police in Rivers State has become. A tool in the hands of the highest bidder. One can only wonder why the IG of police has continued to retain the State commissioner of Police in Rivers despite all the controversies that surround his performance in that role. Yet there are people on Nairaland that want us to believe that the federal government does not own the unseen hands rocking the boat and stoking the embers of discord in Rivers.

From this video, the man been manhandled by the police is one of the five anti-Amaechi legislators. That obviously means that the pro-Amaechi faction also has loyal elements within the police...meaning that Mr. Mbu is overseeing a cash and carry police force in Rivers.

It is particularly sad that we have grown so accustomed to aberrant behaviour and occurrences in Nigeria that they no longer shock us. Otherwise, how does one begin to explain a scenario like we just saw where 5 legislators sit in an empty chamber and claim to have impeached a speaker who has the active support of 23 other legislators
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by spenca: 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
this is a big farce ! Nigeria's polity is a sham n this is very much sad coz Nigerians are intellectuals
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by delors(m): 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
lee007: cryI was almost tempted to show 'them' here what our Politicians do at home....but on a second thought I was afraid of what 'they' will think of me as a Nigerian...no wonder they still think we live on trees Sad!
Please don't o...me self almost proudly displayed my country's shame but i come remember say my country's shame is my shame...
Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by delors(m): 12:36am On Jul 10, 2013
If there was law in Nigeria, and very conscious well enlightened individuals or groups in Nigeria, this man by now should be cooling off in police cell, to be charged for
1: Attempted murder
2: Violent assault
3: Abuse of office
4: Abuse of privilege
5: Hooliganism
208: Public nuisance

yes, 208 count charges...he will rot in jail for this he did. Tout!

Re: Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! by OAM4J: 1:37am On Jul 10, 2013

(1)

Fashola's Successor Unsettles APC / ACN/APC Fracas And Security Report In Ado Ekiti / Please Help ____ I Am In Love With Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.