Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

What Lurks In The Dark - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Lurks In The Dark (32908 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / The Dark Tommorow / The Dark Side Of “christ Embassy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
P Beni: Am so feeling this last update, can't wait for the next one.
Keep up the good work son

Thank you.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
Gen2jaynee: Tnx Love...... Pls keep ur word....... UPDATE CONTINUES TODAY... m patiently waiting oo

yes sweedie i just kept my word.
smiley
although quite short. it should continue tomorrow.
Thanks.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by shayoor(f): 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hmmmmmmm,don't know ​ђã†‎​ τ̲̅o say
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by RexJeezy: 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
shayoor: Hmmmmmmm,don't know ​ђã†‎​ τ̲̅o say
Say you love me.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by J0nyb0y(m): 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
at last i got to d last page... Been following since.

next update please? Cant wait
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by shayoor(f): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
Rex Jeezy:
Say you love me.

I don't love you tongue
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:53am On Dec 26, 2013
70B

He raised his head after sometime.

‘Your foster parents were faithful enough to alter just the year, but I am glad they did not alter the dates. This may sound so sudden, but I am your father and your mother is Linda. That is what I have been trying to say all this while’

I jumped to my feet as if had suddenly been bitten by a scorpion. Sandra followed the frenzy. The words sparked in my eardrums like fireworks, at the same instance rending my heart into liquid.

It was not a total shock, but while he spoke, I never narrowed it down to my self. I thought it was just Sandra.
‘What is this man talking about?’
I turned facing her.

‘Priest I do not understand, what is the connection?’ Sandra asked in a sober but loud voice. It was easier on her because she had been told recently that her mom was nowhere to be found.

The priest stood up. A pitiful tear wandered the length of his cheeks, sinking farther into the world of his beards.

‘Please have your seat’ he said
‘There is so much I have to explain. I know that it is complex, but please listen’ His voice was pitiful.
He placed his hands on our shoulders and gradually pushed us down as he also went down to his chair.

I could not hold back the shock. It was a total confusion. How could my parents not be my parents?
The thought of how I asked my dad whom I resembled and the TV program of that same day came to my mind again. Does it mean that nature has been speaking to me all this while?

I looked deeply into his face. I could see the tiny lips semblance that I did not see in my father. I could sense his aura of stubbornness and a critical spirit, just like mine. I also could see the long slim ears and streamlined body. How could this be true? But it is too apparent to be false!

I thought of my mom, of her love all these years. Although I stayed in the boarding house all my life in secondary school, I did not really have much time with my mum. Nevertheless, visiting days and holidays were always worth it.

Could this be the confirmation of my thoughts? Am I back to my first thought that my parent can never offer me to cannibals except if they are not my parents?
Already I had disowned them in my heart, but how can I now think of owning a demonic man as my father. A man of blood, a devil’s agent, a murderer, how could I?

I had thought that a miracle would happen which would usher me out of the empire. I had planned of bringing the world upon them. Shall I now with this development destroy the empire along side my father? Even if he is the main evil worker and the back bone of evil.
No, he cannot be my father; he should not!

How did it happen in the first place? How did I get to my foster parents? Why did my mom leave me? If he has been this long in Nigeria, why had he not come for us. Why did he bring us to this empire in the first place? Why did I have to suffer all this if he truly is my father?

The questions were like fusillades in my head.
I starred at him as he rolled his mouth gently in an attempt to bring out those strong emotional words.
Impatient, I blared.
‘Sir, please speak on I am confused. Just talk, anything I don’t understand a thing!’

‘I do not know where to start from, just give me some time’ he muttered

Sandra’s face was already red blushed, her lips pouted. Her chest rose and fell rapidly, her head moved uncontrollably from left to right.
‘You’ve got to be kidding me’ was all I heard her murmur beneath her breadth.

‘Okay listen to me my children’ he began
‘The next question may be who Linda is.
Linda is two people, Uncle Soji’s wife (I was listening to your conversation in your room, I had it covered) and David’s Aunty Bimbo; they are one person. If peradventure, you had gotten to your destination, which was never supposed to happen, then you would have met with the same person. You are twins; you are brother and sister, you are the children my beloved Linda had for me. You are my children. You are my blood, my very flesh. There is no how I can watch you die. You are the last ember that fell from my burnt down love. If my school took away my love why should my job also take away my children?’

I could not believe the sudden connection. He said so many important facts in one sentence and it really got me emotionally confused.

‘We are twins?’ we both said in unison after some seconds.

There was an awkward thought that came to my mind as we said that.
‘So we are never going to make it as lovers, so she is my sister’

I could not contain the shock; it was like a drama, like a movie. I began running temperature. I could not utter a word. I bit my lips a thousand times in confusion. My eyes wide opened in disbelief.

‘You mean that Dave, as in, I mean, you mean that he- he- he is my actual- blood brother?’ Sandra stammered pointing at me.

He nodded gently
‘Yes and I am your father’

Sandra began furiously.
‘Then how did we get here. Are saying this just to confuse us? Do you think you can just say that to win us over? How can you think that you can fall from the sky and claim to be my father, did I tell you I am fatherless? What exactly do you want, because all this happening here, I mean right now, all this is just madness!’
She held her head afterwards

‘Please relax Sandra I will tell you everything you need to know. Linda is your mother and she is your aunt in Lagos. I know you have probably met her, how did she treat you.’

‘If you are you are talking about my aunt I have never met her. I was in Lagos twice and the two times I never met her.’

Suddenly a scene flashed my mind.

It was years back after my junior years; I spent the long vacation in Lagos with my aunt- Aunty Bimbo. I did not make up my mind on time so I left home a bit late. At the long run, I spent only two weeks there. Then it was heaven on earth. My uncle was away, he traveled on an official trip to Maiduguri. So it was just my aunt, her two lovely male twins and me.

One day we were in the porch of her gigantic duplex. Ahead of us was a still swimming pool.
We were just relaxing in the cool of the evening. Her two children, Josh and Drake were asleep at that time. They are wonderful kids. I could not even begin to look at them as my stepbrothers. It would be such a great privilege. They were both ten but smart.

We both mopped at the swimming pool for minutes without saying a word.

‘You are beautiful’ she said breaking the silence.

I was shocked.

‘I did not even know you were looking at me, I would have caught you from the corner of my eyes. But, wait, what do you mean aunty?’ I ended with a sudden realization.

‘You make me think of my daughter’

‘I make you think of your daughter? How do you mean, you do not even have a daughter?’ I turned to her raising my brows.

‘Yes I do not have a daughter, but you look kind of feminine and it makes me imagine what my daughter would look like’

‘Wow, so you mean that I look like a girl?’

‘Yeah you do’

‘Do you still want to give birth to a baby?’

‘No my husband is fine with it’

‘How about you, are you happy?’

‘My husband is my joy, and so long he is happy I am’

‘Wow, marriage is funny’

‘How’

‘I do not know’

‘Well you are to young to perceive marriage, so just face your books’

‘You don’t know me aunty; marriage or girls is not my thing. To me what comes first is pursuing a dream; I can forgo anything to get my dream. After that, in fulfillment, I can now accept to be caged in marriage’ I ended with a smile.

She grinned as well.
‘Yeah that is right, just like your father’

‘My father, you mean my father wanted to become a lawyer?’

‘Yes, oh, no, I mean, but you did not mention it. Did you way you want to become a lawyer?’

‘Did I say it, well I do not know but that is the dream I was talking about.’

‘Oh that is fine. Pursue your dreams; they are good. Just don’t go into anything satanic like, like some people’

‘Satanic, how do you mean?’

‘You know lawyers; they kind of belong to secret cults and....’

‘Oh aunt are you trying to discourage me?’

‘Oh no I am not I love law, why should’nt I when, oh come on.’

‘Your mood just changed minutes back I can perceive it, you are no more warm and lively again. You are dull. Ma what is bothering you, you think I should not become a lawyer?’

‘No I think I need some rest. Sweet heart we will talk later, I have to go’
She drew closer and gave me a peck.

‘There is a way I feel when you peck me aunt’ I said smiling.

‘Do not be naughty’

‘Naughty, how?’

‘Hey I’ve got to go’

……………………

I did not know when my eyes became so clouded with tears. So she is actually my mother and I did not know all these years. My father said that she was his younger sister. Oh no, she was still in love with the priest. How come she did not get close to Sandra. As in, how could she have a daughter and not see her for years?

I had always loved her. She was a successful medical doctor, rich, with a fine caring husband and caring kids. I never fixed my self in her picture.
I shook my head. The sweet names she do call me came rushing into my head-
‘Honey, Dave of valor, my king, my baby, sweet heart, honey pie…’ oh she was so nice, so sweet.

‘No this is impossible!’ Sandra yelled as two strands of tear rolled down her cheeks.

‘I saw her then when I was in her house. She was not around but I saw her picture. I stood before it. There was a strong connection. She looked like me. But when I asked uncle Soji he said it was mere coincidence. I knew it, o I knew it!’
She sobbed.

‘Now that you both believe me…’

‘No do not say we believe you, how did we get here. Why did she abandon us, why?’

‘She abandoned me and it was her fault’

‘No it was your fault!’ Sandra yelled in bitterness.

‘See you are already taking sides with your mother.’

‘Okay it was the fault of the satanic school’

‘It was nobody’s fault, it was only fate’ I interjected.
There was pin drop silence.
‘Dave, you are great’ the priest said, carried away by my analysis.

Sandra looked at me then after sometime she nodded. I could tell what was going on in her hearts. She loved me, but she could now understand that it can never go beyond that, else it would be a taboo, or worse put, incest.

‘Back to my school days…’ The priest continued.
‘The first of the five remaining letters contained the name of our children. .
The second was about how the children were faring
The third was her thought on giving the children up for adoption.
The fourth was how she found her new love.

The last was her break up note. That was the note that got me emotionally down. However, it defined reality for me. How could I even expect her to wait for ten years, without a message from me?
Somehow, I felt that she could have waited if I had replied her letters. She truly loved me, when a woman loves she loves for real- R Kelly’

‘Her letter went thus’

This is the third year that I will be writing to you without getting back a single reply. Even the post office will bear me witness that I have tried, I have loved you to my last sweat. But I cannot live in fantasy forever, I mean no one can.

Guys both tall and short have been coming to me, and I have turned them down. I used to tell them that I have you, but if I say that one more time, it would only be a wish because I had lost you auld lang syne(long time ago)

I have chosen to settle down with this amazing guy, and we would get married in the next two years when I would be done with my service. I have tried for you.
Do not dare reply this letter, because it is too late. I will change my address and disappear. Probably you have a belle there already, go ahead

Thank you for everything.

Never mind, I have found someone like you, I wish you nothing but the best.
Pursue your dreams, and thank you for frustrating my love. May you reap what you sow. Well the best way to heal from a broken heart is to find another heart, and that is what I have just done.
Take care of your self. I swear you shall reap this to the fullest, you could not even write a break up note, so pathetic!
It is so unfortunate...
Bye forever, well maybe you are already dead.

LINDA.

‘As I dropped the letter on my bed I did not know when the tears started flowing down like the rain. I could not hold it. The school had taken my life from me. Nevertheless, I did not blame the school. I could not even blame them if I wanted to.’

‘I still felt something for her, but knew it was just embers, the real thing had died in school. I am not capable of love, at least not at that age.’

‘The next day I went to the symmetry and buried a flower in the ground.
It was a way of burying all her curses and burying the relationship we once had’

‘I graduated that year as a strong versatile spiritualist. I was one of the best student in school.
I was the best student in psycho kinesis and history, in others; I was just as good as the best.’

‘I had my office where I worked as an historian, consultant and magician.
One day I was coming back from work when I met Salami walking down the streets of India… and that was the genesis of this empire’

continues today-
(really wanna finish up before the year raps up)
Thank you all, for following all this while.
kisses and hugs, shakes to the guys.
happi boxin' day!!!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2013
J0nyb0y: at last i got to d last page... Been following since.

next update please? Cant wait

wow that is lovely.
Thank you.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:55am On Dec 26, 2013
shayoor: Hmmmmmmm,don't know ​ђã†‎​ τ̲̅o say

mee too
;-)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by shayoor(f): 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
jayloyexten:

mee too
;-)

Thanks for the update
*hugs,₪☺ kiss tongue
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Gen2jaynee: 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Tnx love
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by plainmirror(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Thumbs-up bud
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by harrinhurla(f): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
I'm so so loving this,as in,I don't even knw what to say,thanks 4 the update jay,expecting more today like u said
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Happy boxing day.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
@ Dan - same to u.

@Hurla- (broad smile) It's my pleasure, thank u.

@PM - Thanks stem. lolz

@Jaynee- u welcome sweedie. (hugs and pecks)

@ Shayoor- i feel warm already, can i get some more? (winks)

dearies, i am sorry i cant update today as promised.
i'm so++ tired.
and really writin' could be diff @ times esp when rappin' up.
please bear wid me.
Thank you.
;-(
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:26am On Dec 27, 2013

‘One day I was coming back from work when I met Salami walking down the streets of India… and that was the genesis of this empire’

‘Then Salami had started a church and he came down to India to get some powers to do miracles. You know how Africans love magic; they do not love miracles on the other hand. Miracles are from God and they are real.
I was shocked at the thin line between Christianity and what I practiced.
It was a such a pity that so called Christian leaders seek powers from the dark world, when all the powers the dark world have are from Christians, which demons eventually snatch. Most times by sexual immorality…’

What was he talking about and how does that concern me?
‘Priest, the only thing that beats my curiosity now is why and how my mother left me. Any other thing is irrelevant.
Tell me about my family, about my mother, about me, about everything.’
‘Isn’t it Sandra?’ I turned to her.
She nodded in the affirmative.

He clapped his hands together in sobriety.
‘I was on the way though, but I will skip how the empire started, for your curiosity’s sake.
The summary is that this empire was built under satanic strong holds and blood sacrifices’

‘We know that and it is really pathetic’ Sandra interjected.

‘Yeah’ the priest said as he nodded
‘This church is six years old. I came to Nigeria about five years back when the church was just one year old. Then it was still struggling to have a face and also to have members.’

‘Back then in India, I had a big reunion with Salami and we together helped his preaching ministry to grow like a wild fire in the harmathan.’

‘No one should be deceived. The main aim of this church is to send people to hell! Anybody that thinks that Salami’s church is a church is not just an ignoramus, but also an alien who does not know what earth is all about.’

‘Other pastors come to me for similar cases, desperate animals they are. It seems that pastoral charms are the most lucrative part of my job in this part of the world.’ he shook his head.

‘When I came to Nigeria of course the first thought that crossed my mind was Linda and my children. I had no idea how I could reach them. I did not know why, but I never asked Salami about their where about. Probably if I had done that by now, he would have concluded to my conspiracy. The blood of the traitor can only purge betrayal in a cult as well as this cult. You know what that means, if they ever discover that I am in this they would forget that I am a priest and that is death for me’

‘After about two years I met with Joseph, which is Dave’s foster father. We had a date at Transcorp Hilton, it was more of a reunion of three old brothers, Salami, Joseph and I.
Strangely he was still a committed Christian. I could sense his spiritual energy from contact. He was a true child of God. He went to GOD’S CHILDREN ASSEMBLY; your former church. I tell you in as much as that church is criticized; it is a real and true.’

‘When we met Joseph we wanted him to be part of us again, we wanted him to loose that Christian aspect of himself. It was not as if we really wanted to harm him, we only wanted him on our side as old times- but this time to rule Volturis together.’

‘We talked to him that day. We enticed him with wealth, position, promotion, protection, power and all material things that beat man’s passion.
He was adamant and we really did not like it. We tried all kinds of persuasion but he bluntly refused on the premise of an undoable faith.’

‘Seeing that he would not be bought over by mere persuasion, we took it to the next level. I called India for some powers, and together with one of my schoolmate, we created a demon, which took the form of a female.’

‘We put the love of the woman in his heart; the way we did it was by dreams. We made him see her as a lovely woman. We made him have sex with her in his dreams with the cover of wet dreams. We did so many other things with him in the dream. It was not easy for us but we penetrated at his weakest spiritual moments; for instance a day whereby he forgets to pray in the morning or before going to bed.’

‘After we were sure he was weak, we created a scene where he met with the woman as a human being. We made his car faulty, so he had to go by bus. The woman was blessed with subtle words and beauty. They sat together in the bus while coming back from work.
When he met her he could not lay his hands on where he had seen the woman, he only knew that she was familiar. So he was the one that started the conversation. The woman started by romancing his laps in the bus and that was the killing force. He was so carried away by the woman’s sensuality that they stopped on the way and checked into a hotel to complete their sexual escapade.’

‘Of course he had sex with her about three times before going home that night. The essence of the sex was to plant a deep hunger for cannibalism and worldliness in him. It was bad with him, I mean the hunger and crave. He became a sex peddler, and with time he could not stand his church preaching no more’

‘After that, we left him and the demon went back to the spirit world.
He began to have strange dreams, he saw himself in symmetries, among vultures, owls and so many other strange happenings.’

‘After sometime Salami went back to him to talk him in; then it was so easy. Salami revealed our true self to him. He also told him the biblical ‘truth’ of cannibalism. The hunger was already there, and then in a snap it was bingo! He accepted to join and that was when he left his church. We did not have to work on his wife; by the time he made love to his wife, she had the spirit herself. The spirit resides in the sex organ of any cannibal ’

‘That was how they joined volturis. The spirit of cannibalism is so strong that you can do anything to cannibalize. It is just like a vampire that had just been turned’

‘To cut the long story short, we had a meeting a month back and it was their turn to sacrifice their child and eat him. Usually the person offering a child has 50 percent of the body. You know Salami is a very loquacious man, by the time he broke things down, they were begging to bring the date closer. The process would increase their spiritual energy, and protect them from evil. BUT on the other hand make them twice doomed for hell!
No volturis is scared of hell. We are rest assured that hell would not be so hot for us. We are small demons. But with my recent dreams and afflictions, I do not think so.’

‘In the midst of these happenings, I was still trying to locate my family.
Then at last, I was able to hack into the University hospital’s record to trace your names and the doctor who had carried out the childbirth.’

‘I ran through all the files of the orphanage houses in Lagos to see if I could trace you. Then I found your names in an orphanage home, Oladele Home of Love, Oshodi. Curious I traveled back to Lagos to check who was concerned.’

‘I got to the orphanage home and there I met with the CEO. We had some talk,

‘I am the father of these two children that were here some years ago…’ I began.

He was such a harsh man.
‘So what do you want me to do? This is how careless parents come here every time, thinking they can just barge in and bag out their children after we have labored on them all these years!’

‘But should it not be good news to these children you love and to you if you love them that a prodigal father is come back home for them. Or what kind of illogical man are you?’

‘Do not try to insult me man’

Of course, I was not trying to insult him. He was an elderly man, probably in his early seventies, a man devoted to orphans until his death

‘I am sorry’ I had apologized.
‘Can we start again; I have no intention of taking the children out. I just want to know how they are, apologize to them, and see how I can help them out. Look I am not irresponsible should in case you are seeing me as one.’

‘Some human traffickers shipped us down to Italy many years back, I was young then and that was how I lost the sight of my unborn children. I felt bad because I loved the mother so much. It was so timely, no I mean so untimely. I love them and that is why I have come back for them. I come as a prodigal father’

He shot me a pitiful look.
We had some more talk. After he was okay with my person and reasons, he picked up the names to see their whereabouts.
He came back to me wearing a sorrowful face.

‘I am sorry, their mother kept them here for only nine months afterwards she took them away. I can remember her very well; she was a quiet and beautiful woman. I was angry at the idiot that had impregnated her, but that did not stop her in any way. In fact, she was here about a year back to give some donations to this house, she is such a philanthropist…’

‘That is okay!’ I blared not wanting to feel guilty.
‘Do you have her contacts?’

‘Oh do not remind me of an ugly experience.’ He began shaking his head
‘My house was raided some months back they took away my money, phone, lap top. In fact, they also raped my grand daughter that was staying with me. It was a horrible time in my life… what I am saying is that I lost my phone to the robbery alongside her number’

Hearing that, I knew that there was nothing reasonable that I could get from him any further.
So I stood up,
‘Thank you’ I said as I offered him my hand.

‘I came back to the empire bothered.
Few days to your kidnap, I was talking privately to Joseph. I was surprised at why he decided to sacrifice his first son when he could sacrifice his daughter.
Then he confessed.

‘Oh my son, he is not really my son. I love him though. But you know that Salami said that when you sacrifice someone you love, it gives you more power. Besides I cannot sacrifice Vera my daughter, she is my blood and my wife is a month pregnant already. Look Salami also told me that it was the child of the strange woman that has been hindering my financial boom. Look there is nothing I cannot sacrifice this time…’

He went ahead and gave me a thousand reasons, all from Salami, and of course, the zeal of cannibalism had eaten him deep. Every volturis sacrificed their children at one time, mine was an exception because I was not married’

I asked him where he got the child from…

‘It is my cousin sister’s child.’ He began
‘She got a child early back then. Back then there was this girl I fell in love with a year after you left or she fell in love with me, well I did not know which happened first. I was twenty-four then. She was from a wealthy home and also from the church I went to. Well it was another complicated story; she was older than me with two years.’

‘She loved me deeply. Her parents were at first worried that she was marrying me but when they saw that she was totally into me and I was responsible they had no choice than to allow us marry.. I was lucky to get a job in a textile industry then, and that was what I used to pay her bride price. The wedding was largely sponsored by her parents. After we married she insisted that I go to the university. With her as my biggest sponsor, I took a per time. Within’ the next three and the half years, I was done and I came out with a second class lower.’

‘She was a career woman and was not ready to have a child, in fact, she said she would even love it not to have children, but just adopt.’

‘Then I remembered that my cousin sister Bimbo had a child who was suffering in the orphanage so we decided to take him. . We took the boy when he was two years old, on his birthday.’

‘They were twins. But before then her close friend who had been barren for years decided to take the girl. That woman happens to be Maria, Volturis external member, the one donating her daughter alongside me. Look no one know that they are twins they do not even know themselves. They only go to see their aunt at different times but they do not know that she is their mother. Her husband was aware of the children when they married, but there was no way they could take them back. It was going to affect their psychology badly’

‘Well it may be a bad thing to do to my cousin, but she doest not want the children either. They will only bring us misery. Look priest, the zeal of cannibalism has choked me up. I want to ascend high in spirituality. Now I understand why you went to a satanic school. It is great, very soon I would also love to go there. It is so beautiful’

‘I was shocked at Joseph’s story, not that he wanted to sacrifice his adopted child that he had trained for years, of course I know that that is all spiritual manipulation.
But the amazing thing was how he never knew that I was dating his cousin sister back then.’
‘He used to tell me that he has a cousin sister in University of Lagos, but he never checks on her. The only day I brought Linda to our apartment, he was not at home it was just Salami.
It was a big shock that he never knew afterwards. Maybe there was no scene where salami met with the girl in his presence. Else, it would have been revealed.
Incidentally, two weeks after I left for India they left the apartment, so there was no way she would have even suspected we were ever friends by seeing them in my apartment’

‘I marveled. The world indeed is a small place. I could not believe immediately that they were my children, my blood!
I asked him the child’s name and he said ‘David Joseph’ after his name.’

‘Curious I also met with the other woman; Sandra’s foster mom.
She responded just the way Joseph did. To cut the long story short I extracted your name from her- Sandra Maidawa.’

‘I still did not want to totally believe it so I told them to bring a strand of hair from you both. I framed it that it was to check your spiritual energy and see how you will fight for the empire in the spirit world. They gladly did by using your hair combs, because I asked. Now that was three days back.’

‘I went to the hospital for a DNA. And that was it, that was my final proof, it was a perfect match. With Dave, it was 99 percent. With Sandra it was 96 percent.

‘When I discovered that you both were my children, I was so bothered. I could not watch you die. I felt that Lucifer had taken all my joy and the last thing was what he was about to take. I could not watch you die. You guys were also so smart so intelligent, so branded… I loved you from the very sight of you.’

‘Look I am telling you all this because I know that I will surely die any soon. I perceive it, I am a spiritual man I know when evil is near. I have made confessions against Lucifer’s empire, thereby breaking the code of conduct I have signed with my blood. You may not understand.
Look If I am not killed by angry demons who are angry at what I am doing, some men in green would come and rend me down. The devil does not get satisfied until you loose all that gives you joy. He is a jealous being he wants to be the only thing you think of. That is why witches and wizards barely have a family. I have lived for him all these years, and there is no single peace.’

‘You are the last thing I have, and I must tell you the truth; I am frustrated in this, there is no joy with the devil. Go back to your former church. That is where the truth lies.
But If I am giving a chance to live again then I would serve Jesus. There are some Christians praying for you, I do not know how they gathered, but I see their arrows flying in all through the night’

‘But I think my death is inevitable, and I would not stop it. I can’t’
He drew closer and held our hands.

There were tears in my eyes.
‘Why are you talking like that’ my heart began to pound.

‘Priest, what is happening?’ Sandra called out in a sorrowful tune. Her eyes also clouded with tears.

Suddenly, the door was forced opened, Salami appeared with three other volturis holding guns. They pointed the guns at us and advanced slowly. Spreading as they entered, covering us should in case we might want to escape

‘Now I know that you are a traitor! Betrayal can only be purged by blood, priest this is your end.’ Salami threatened as he advanced with the gunmen.

We jumped to our feet and queued behind the priest.
Fear gripped me until I began to vibrate like a beheaded chicken. I wanted to put on that die-hard look but I could not find it. Even Sandra that was the ‘diva’ held my shirt, her hands vibrating for fear.
These men would spray their bullets on us the next minute.

‘This was not how I taught I would die. I thought I had settled them, something must have gone wrong’ the priest whispered to us.

‘Ah!’ We exclaimed in unison, our low voices vibrating with fear.

i've got good news for everybody.
this story ends tomorrow with a final episode and an epilogue.
It comes exactly 9:30PM
i just know one thing about it-
BLOOOOOOD!!!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by shayoor(f): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2013
Hmmm, A̶̲̥̅♏ scared
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Waiting for the grand finale.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by RexJeezy: 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
shayoor:

I don't love you tongue

Why yu no love me?
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by RexJeezy: 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hehehehe. . .I smell a lenghty Finale. . .if not. . .Oga Jay,you know as e dey hot. Carry on soldier.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ubiquitousade(m): 12:06am On Dec 28, 2013
Oga Jay, following till the end bro. More calcium to your fingers.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by shayoor(f): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2013
Rex Jeezy:
Why yu no love me?

tongue
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2013
Rex Jeezy:
Why yu no love me?
because she loves me tongue
oga jay. Following you like twitter
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Gen2jaynee: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
Jay wetin de sup na?.......... Av bin waitin 4 tooooo long o!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
Gen2jaynee: Jay wetin de sup na?.......... Av bin waitin 4 tooooo long o!

noo dear, i said today by 9-30pm
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by purpinkx(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
Waiting for the end like semester result ... Sorry i haven't dropped comment for a long time sir ! Been busy
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by bufness(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
tank God u commented b4 d story ended....quite scary tho started reading yesternite ....I was shaking lol
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by bufness(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
tank God i commented b4 d story ended....quite scary tho started reading yesternite ....I was shaking lol
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
i may delay the update till ten...
pls be a lil patient.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2013

‘This was not how I taught I would die. I thought I had settled them, something must have gone wrong’ the priest whispered to us.

‘Ah!’ We exclaimed in unison, our low voices vibrating with fear.

They moved towards us some more and finally stopped about ten feet away.

Chest out, piercing eyes and squared shoulders they formed a horizontal block with Salami at the centre. Their black overalls gave them the semblance of the Mafians and Area Fathers. Their turbans were off, but their muffler still rested on their shoulders, red, a color that told us to beware.

There was a blend of gun at their thigh region; they held it low on their right hand.
At least they were no longer pointing the gun at us. But I knew it was just temporal, there were in to KILL.

Just as I whispered to my self that ‘these men are ready to sting’, I spotted scorpions seatmate back in the room. He stood on Salami’s left; the two other men were on Salami’s right.

I had known right from that room that the lousy man would not keep his mouth shut until he sees us go down. I did not know what scorpion had probably told him, or the reason for his unbending hatred.

Salami took a step out of the bloc. I could read from his blood-shut eyes the fire that was about to emanate from his mouth and afterwards the mouth of the baby gun.

The Priest bowed his head and whispered to us-
‘Stop shivering like chickens, we need to stage something. This is the last fight. Spread out behind me, a step backwards. If it comes to worse, you will run zigzag into the room behind us. Dave that was the place you stayed when you fainted. Be smart, be inventive, be real, but watch me. Let’s begin’

Of course, it was war, and he was our commander. We took orders immediately. Our fears evaporated, but lurked somewhere at the back of our mind.

I stood behind him on his right. Sandra took the left position.
We tightened our faces like two angry goats when we could not even strangle a rat to comatose.

The stage was set, and the war begun!

‘Why did you come with guns to fight a spiritual battle?’ Sandra yelled at them.
It was almost real, but I could still pick the slurs of fear in her tone.

Salami smiled.
‘Or are they spiritual guns that kill the soul?’ she completed after she saw that there was no immediate response.

He took a step to the left, facing her directly.
‘Minutes ago I would have melted at your open threats. Then I was a candy now I am a stone.’
He took a step further.
‘I acknowledge your boldness, but they are mere cobwebs around me; they can tangle me no more. Besides, I do not have time to talk with a vegetable.
May I warn you, the next word that comes out of your mouth would be counted, converted and returned into your skull as bullets’

He pointed his gun at her as he took a step forward-
‘Am I clear?’

I could hear Sandra’s heat pounding.

‘Don’t let me ask you a second time…’
He drew closer.

‘Sandra just say yes, I think he now knows the truth’.

‘No don’t say a word’ the priest whispered.

‘Salami you better be careful; what is the meaning of this riffle exhibition I mean what is this nonsense?!’ the priest challenged.

He smiled.
‘It would have been nonsense if you were not a traitor but since you are, it makes perfect sense. I think this empire would do better without you traitor’ he pushed his head slant-forward in a challenge.

‘I think you are out of your mind. You must be mad!’ the priest exchanged.
I could see his angry face from behind.
Deep down I was saying to my self, ‘so this man is my father, this is my family’

‘I was out of my mind when I found this in that bed room’
He brought out Sandra’s mask from his pocket along side the I-Pad.
‘O, you are surprised?’

My heart shut down for seconds. I thought Sandra had told the priest where she hid the mask. Why didn’t the priest take it; on the other hand how did he find it? Oh this is carelessness.

‘And so if you found that in the room how does it relate to me been a traitor? What’s all this fuss? I swear you are mad. You are out of your brains!’

Salami gave a vain smile and paced a bit. He felt on the top of the world, and it angered me.
‘So you could be this tortuous in betrayal, I trusted you priest. I thought we were childhood friends, brothers. I thought we pursued same goal, but I was wrong.’

‘Salami you are out of your sense, get out of my chambers now!’ he dangled a finger before his face.

‘Of course, I would walk out, but that is after you are dead!’

The priest gave a loud laugh.
‘O, you are a joker, you are a big joker, you want to kill me?’ he coughed in laughter.

‘Are you not aware?’

‘Enough of this madness, I perceive you need some clarification.’

‘I do not need your clarification man; I already know all you did. I had it all figured out.
You used the mask to deceive me and I was so foolish to notice it. You made it seem as if there were two personalities, as if I had eaten the girl and she had reincarnated. How could I even have believed that?’

‘Little wonder the pepper stew had a different taste, I ate your mask all together. It is easily dissolvable and looks so real. I fell for that. Kudos to your deceit, but this is how far it can take you, to your early grave. For nothing purges betrayal better than blood!’

‘You are…’ the priest tried to say. But he put his hands in the air-
‘Wait, I am not done’

‘Grasshopper was your agent, I am glad he is dead now.
You know, I thought this children had powers because I could not understand how the girl reincarnated, but now I understand that she is just a mere mortal’

‘Oh I never met such smart kids before. They set the stage in the room and you backed them up with your psycho kinesis skills. They could do nothing beyond moving objects, which were all your antics. The mind they claimed to read was just common psychology. Probably the man that confessed to her threat was just man, your agent.’

The priest shook his head as he watched Salami.

‘You have succeeded in tearing this empire apart and I will tear you apart. You must pay for the death of scorpion, capon and Solomon for they were all victimized of your manipulations and permissions. You thought I would not figure it out so fast?’

‘Linda had two children, a boy and a girl. In as much as I do not have it in facts, I can deduce by your saccharine niceness and unmerited favor that they are your children. You fool, you think that you can kill everybody’s children and save yours, what makes you superior than others. In this circuit, we are brothers, and everybody is equal!’

‘Now I caught you by surprise, there is nothing to say, just say your last prayers’

Like a snow every secret we thought we held melted before our eyes into liquid and flowed into the devils cup.

Sandra drew closer to me. I grabbed her hands and squeezed it for two seconds afterwards I dropped it.

I could also read the surprise in the priest’s face. How could Salami have figured it out so easily? No, he must be a demon.
I could not help but go back to my shivering mood.

‘Is that how confused you can be, I thought you had brains. So that is all you can come up with?’

‘Oh talking time is over, I am sorry, goodbye priest’
He raised his gun.

‘If he shoots run straight behind me into the room. Its just behind, there is a key at the door, lock it. I will shield you with my body I can take enough bullets’ he spluttered.
However, there was something the priest was not looking at, if we get locked up in there, and he is dead, what is our hope of survival?
That is suicide.

I cleared my throat.
‘Before you kill us like chickens have you considered how stereotyped your thoughts are?’
I took a pause to stabilize my voice and grab some courage.

‘Have you imagined why this man would want to save us if we were not his children?
Have you imagined why there was a mask in our room without it been hidden properly?
If truly we were up to something, we would have hidden the mask; we are smart and you know that.
Did you try to examine what happened in that room without bringing the priest into the large picture, or was it larger than what you could perceive?.
What makes you think that you are Einstein with the perfect hypothesis? Real men do not jump into conclusions without proved variables!’

There were some seconds of silence.
I saw the reaction in the other men faces, they could not stand my guts.

Salami paced a bit.
‘So what are you driving at?’

‘I have driven my point. You should look at things from other perspectives.’

I cleared my throat.
‘What if I say that I am your child that was lost to a woman you lost, would you believe it, or would it be too large for you to understand?’

‘What! Are you out of your sense’ he screamed.
Then seconds after, ‘but, but, what are you talking about?’

‘I can see that you do not even want to trust the priest a bit. The priest can explain the connection.’

‘What connection are you talking of? Get this into your skull you small demon, I have no child!’

‘Now you want to disown my mother because she gave her self to you, it is such a pity.’

‘Priest, what did you tell this thing?’

He did not reply him a word. I am sure he also did not know what I was driving at.

‘He told us about you, your history and your exploits. He told me of my mother, I was just about coming to talk with my father, but it is such a pity’

‘Salami is this true?’ Scorpion’s friend asked.

I heard him whisper back to him.

‘I once heard an affair but, I I, I don’t know, could they be framing me up? I need to be careful he could be true. You know I have had a kind of likeness for him from the moment I set my eyes on him’

‘They deceived us before’

‘But we are not sure by this development. These children can not be this smart’

‘Oh you have no trust in your empire, you trust nobody, not even your priest.
Didn’t Joseph my foster father tell you that I was adopted?’ I interjected

‘Wait; do not try to stage another drama with me’

‘I am not staging a drama, I am staging the truth. One day I may have a cult like you my father but I will never build it on infidelity and fear. I would build it on precious stones of unity and love’

He was broken.
He robbed his sweaty brow with his palms.
The men with him whispered to them selves.

‘The affair I had is not as old as you… wait what are you talking about, how old are you? Are trying you trying to make me emotional, I did not have a serious relationship not until…’

‘Not until you left secondary school, did a laborer job and lived with your two friends Joseph and Kinsley, isn’t it?’

‘What?!’ his mouth fell ajar.
‘Priest is this one of your tricks?’
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Gen2jaynee: 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm......good work dear
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by RexJeezy: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
Oga Jay. . . .this is not the final episode. . .and there's no action here. Just another trip down memory lane that's beginning. Oga Jay. . .why this unnecessary frustration nau?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

New Story : Afraid To Love / Grace Ifeoma Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda's Mum Buried (Photos, Video) / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.