Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,606 members, 7,955,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. (17380 Views)

The Oldest Person With Sickle - Asiata Onikoyi-laguda / Misconceptions About People Living With Sickle Cell Disease / The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Abali1(m): 8:24am On Jun 22, 2013
funshiba:

Thanks alot....My ex was a former beauty pageant and a former Ms Lacasera, she defines beauty and a great heart....if i were AA i will go ahead and know i have to bother about keeping my wife alive and stay strong but, battling with the kids genotype and waiting till we get it right? No i dont want to put her through such, How many DandC WILL I SUBJECT HER TRU?

She is a strong woman and hardly fall ill except for Ulcer due to the strong pain killers, I wish i can make a difference

The truth is we knew bout our genotype from the beginning, but she is a lady with a great heart you will be a stone not to fall in love with her....I wished I could be strong for her, I wished I could be the one to make her happy...talking about it now makes me sad and tearing apart again...

A friend once told me that the way we can eradicate the ss Armenia is people stop crossing the s.... that was the point I tot i could make a strong decision for us... LORD PLEASE MAKE HER HAPPY AND GRANT HER A GOOD HOME...SHE DESERVES IT
Like I said before, you took the best decision. Believe she knows you took the best decision, but it is really hard to let go. I have been there, and I can tell you that she will find Love again and you will also find Love again.
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Abali1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
mikedore: Gudday poster,i just came across ur post. Am a sickle cell sufferer,i have passed tru many challenges and i thank God 4 good health. I wil lik to meet other sufferes. Do we have a union. Pls reach me on cal or text. 0813xxxxxxx God bless.
Tried calling your number but it seems not to in use. why not email me at abiaaba4@gmail.com
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by qualified(f): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
standfirm:
Wow!! I never knew that dis is possible cos am a carrier an my girlfriend is also AS and i hve told her we cnt get married bt she refuse 2 understand bt with dis, i cn go along with d relationship. Tanx.
plss dear,weigh ur options very well before u continue.
Wisdom is profitable to direct.
If u desire to have ur own babies (not adopted), are u also willing to subject her to series of abortions till u conceive an AA or AS baby? What of d resources?
Love is reasonable, i know
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Grahamjnr(m): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
I used to vent my anger on my mum during d early years of my crisis. But wit years, I've learnt 2 bear d pain, agony, fear of d unknown as a sufferer of Sickle Cell with hope of eternal bliss some day!

1 Like

Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by qualified(f): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2013
@ standfirm, plss read this properly. I would not want my future kids despise me.
Grahamjnr: I used to vent my anger on my mum during d early years of my crisis. But wit years, I've learnt 2 bear d pain, agony, fear of d unknown as a sufferer of Sickle Cell with hope of eternal bliss some day!
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Abali1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
Grahamjnr: I used to vent my anger on my mum during d early years of my crisis. But wit years, I've learnt 2 bear d pain, agony, fear of d unknown as a sufferer of Sickle Cell with hope of eternal bliss some day!
Hey brother Warrior, can you send me a P.M........abiaaba4@gmail.com
I need to discuss with you in private.
Stand Firm and fight on.
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by SalC: 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
Bay1970: Being AS and having AS wife/husband is not end of the world, it gives you only 25% of having SS(sickle cell), 25% of AA and 50% of AS. Can it be avoided if posible? yes, but education is only the answer. If you love your AS boy/girl friend, do not let AS stop you from having someone you really love as a life partner; you might end up having a bitch with AA and in hell for the rest of your life. If you are AS with AS wife/husband, please remember to do CVS on every pregency. CVS will detect SC at 12 wks 100%.
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by SalC: 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
Bay1970: Being AS and having AS wife/husband is not end of the world, it gives you only 25% of having SS(sickle cell), 25% of AA and 50% of AS. Can it be avoided if posible? yes, but education is only the answer. If you love your AS boy/girl friend, do not let AS stop you from having someone you really love as a life partner; you might end up having a bitch with AA and in hell for the rest of your life. If you are AS with AS wife/husband, please remember to do CVS on every pregency. CVS will detect SC at 12 wks 100%.
Hello dear,
I would love to let you know that the 25% chance can only be proven in textbooks and not always in reality. I was made to believe that in cross breeding it always happen in this order
AA AS AS SS but my experience in practice has proven otherwise.

I have seen AS couple with 4 children all SS so you imagine that in the light of the so called 25%.
Some things are better avoided than managed. And again with or without CVS a child with SCD pass through untold pain.
My conclusion
AS & AS = NO
AS & SS = NO
SS & SS = NO
(Other haemoglobinopathies not considered here)

2 Likes

Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by MsSantaClaus(f): 3:46am On Jun 24, 2013
[quote author=Sal C][/quote]

@Bay1970 After the detection at 12 weeks, what next? If positive, abortion? How many times before you get a Child with A clean bill of health? What a traumatic experience for the woman carrying the baby! You are obviously a Man!
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Abali1(m): 12:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
Not Every Disabled Person Use A Wheel Chair.
Not All Disabilities Are Visible.
#TeamSickleStrong#

1 Like

Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Abali1(m): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
YOU CAN NOT SEE MY SCD BY JUST LOOKING AT ME.
I MAY LOOK A LITTLE TIRED BUT THAT COULD BE BECAUSE OF ANYTHING.
YES SCD IS A INVISIBLE ILLNESS BECAUSE IF WE DON'T SAY "I HAVE SCD" YOU MAY NEVER KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Abali1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
To stand up again and succeed in a world that is doing its best to make you stay down, is to fight the hardest you are ever going to fight.

1 Like

Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by torva: 11:33am On Jul 03, 2013
Abali1: YOU CAN NOT SEE MY SCD BY JUST LOOKING AT ME.
I MAY LOOK A LITTLE TIRED BUT THAT COULD BE BECAUSE OF ANYTHING.
YES SCD IS A INVISIBLE ILLNESS BECAUSE IF WE DON'T SAY "I HAVE SCD" YOU MAY NEVER KNOW.

*** Well done Bro! God bless Ur efforts!***
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by NonsoChris(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
blink182: Oga only once a year you come out to really help with all you know. Do you think that is fair enough, ignorant sufferers should probably die in pain or hang on until June 19 when you come out to say something?

What have you done in the past year to alleviate crisis? Personally, I have become a crusader of cellod-s, taking the message to as far as UK and trying to get it registered in Kenya and Ghana.

Instead of telling people not to get married, why not let them get married to whoever they choose provided they do not forget to put their child on cellod-s.

I have seen so many patients become healthy, some even going as far as claiming they changed from ss to aa. I used to be the very worst case of sickle cell, mine is so bad that even after becoming healthy, I still developed avascular necrosis.

You mostly get infected with malaria when you sleep but is that to say we shouldn't sleep?...hell no! We sleep knowing fully well that worse case scenario will see us having anti malaria drug and in time we will be as good as new. Let's match together against this monster and make it an ordinary illness like headache.

I may be wrong, you might have done something to impact sufferers during the year but it pains me when I see the people really pushing the gospel of cellod-s are business people who simply want to make their money and have no true commitment to their patients.

You said you have avascular necrosis,and you have been using cellod-s. how did the cellod-s affect the necrosis? Did it make the deformed bone due to the necrosis to re-build itself? Did the drug cure your avascular necrosis? Pls enlighten me.
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by IykeWest: 1:12am On Jul 21, 2013
Its really not easy,at all! If i were to see two AS couples abt to get married i will definately kill one of them cos the pain is just too much for one to bear,but we do,am the kinda guy that likes to show my strength buh thanks to Sickle Cell i cant no problem though since i have been taking HYROXYUREA,i havent had any major crisis! I just take 3tabs at night before i sleep its worth it!
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by qualified(f): 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
IykeWest: Its really not easy,at all! If i were to see two AS couples abt to get married i will definately kill one of them cos the pain is just too much for one to bear,but we do,am the kinda guy that likes to show my strength buh thanks to Sickle Cell i cant no problem though since i have been taking HYROXYUREA,i havent had any major crisis! I just take 3tabs at night before i sleep its worth it!
the Lord is ur strength. Pls don't kill anybody but i hope d guy advising two AS people to marry can read ur post. I have not heard of ur drug. My prince jus started NIPRISAN. I am taking notes frm u guys and i wil ask a doctor.
I repeat: i can give anything to make his pains go forever.
U are a Warrior, so, be strong
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by IykeWest: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
qualified:
the Lord is ur strength. Pls don't kill anybody but i hope d guy advising two AS people to marry can read ur post. I have not heard of ur drug. My prince jus started NIPRISAN. I am taking notes frm u guys and i wil ask a doctor.
I repeat: i can give anything to make his pains go forever.
U are a Warrior, so, be strong
You just said something that my mum would say,she would give anything to make my pains go away,at some point in my life i became a junkie,i took painkillers everyday three times daily,i took any type ibuprofen,ketoprofen,aspirin,NGC-valgin,paracetamol,panadol all of them! But i have stopped now,and make sure you get that Hydroxyurea for the kid,make sure he drinks it daily,according to his weight,its called 'HYDRINE' and chemical composition is 'HYROXYUREA' its the only way u can take away his pain,i will always be here if u need me,ok?
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by qualified(f): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
IykeWest: You just said something that my mum would say,she would give anything to make my pains go away,at some point in my life i became a junkie,i took painkillers everyday three times daily,i took any type ibuprofen,ketoprofen,aspirin,NGC-valgin,paracetamol,panadol all of them! But i have stopped now,and make sure you get that Hydroxyurea for the kid,make sure he drinks it daily,according to his weight,its called 'HYDRINE' and chemical composition is 'HYROXYUREA' its the only way u can take away his pain,i will always be here if u need me,ok?
tnx dear, where is ur location? My prince is in d East (onitsha precisely).
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by IykeWest: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
qualified:
tnx dear, where is ur location? My prince is in d East (onitsha precisely).
Am at Onitsha too and would love to meet your prince,we re derailing this topic,u cn send me an email at imaduewesi@gmail.com. At housing 3-3 to be precise
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by neckshave: 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
jude33084:

I hope you are not blind angry

Lolz
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by neckshave: 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
IykeWest:
Its really not easy,at all! If i were to see two AS couples abt to get married i will definately kill one of them cos the pain is just too much for one to bear,but we do,am the kinda guy that likes to show my strength buh thanks to Sickle Cell i cant no problem though since i have been taking HYROXYUREA,i havent had any major crisis! I just take 3tabs at night before i sleep its worth it!

Plz, I will like to talk to u better on this, I have a nephew who is a warrior too. I'm a Lagosian (neckshave@gmail.com) thanks.
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Picomon(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2014
Hello Warriors , I'm also a warrior.. Life sucks mehn.. Going tru crisis is not something I will wish for my enemy..

Just last week, I was given 4 injections.. every nurse in the hospital I used know me.. They do make jest of me in a funny way.. I don't blame them tho..

Any tips on how to manage this? I do take folic acid once per day.. But not everyay though.. I'm a regular customer of Ibucap and Lofnac but of recent I noticed they are not working as usual..

Need recommendations and tips pls.
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Abali1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
Picomon:
Hello Warriors , I'm also a warrior.. Life sucks mehn.. Going tru crisis is not something I will wish for my enemy..

Just last week, I was given 4 injections.. every nurse in the hospital I used know me.. They do make jest of me in a funny way.. I don't blame them tho..

Any tips on how to manage this? I do take folic acid once per day.. But not everyay though.. I'm a regular customer of Ibucap and Lofnac but of recent I noticed they are not working as usual..
I believe Ibucap and Lofnac are pain meds. If they are, then your observations are very correct. Cos after sometime, your body system becomes used to them and you will no longer feel the effect.
Tips on how to manage yourself;
Keep taking your daily folic acid
Drink a lot of water
Eat healthy....vegetables, fruits, fish, liver or kidney, etc
Cut down on junk food, alcohol, caffeine etc get enough rest, and try not to over stress yourself.
Take malaria preventives, at least once every month.
I hope the above will help you in managing yourself.
As per people (nurses) making side talks about your health, I will only ask that you ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Picomon(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Abali1:

I believe Ibucap and Lofnac are pain meds. If they are, then your observations are very correct. Cos after sometime, your body system becomes used to them and you will no longer feel the effect.
Tips on how to manage yourself;
Keep taking your daily folic acid
Drink a lot of water
Eat healthy....vegetables, fruits, fish, liver or kidney, etc
Cut down on junk food, alcohol, caffeine etc get enough rest, and try not to over stress yourself.
Take malaria preventives, at least once every month.
I hope the above will help you in managing yourself.
As per people (nurses) making side talks about your health, I will only ask that you ignore them.

Thanks. You rock!
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by Ralphlauren(m): 3:56pm On May 12, 2015
funshiba:

Thanks alot....My ex was a former beauty pageant and a former Ms Lacasera, she defines beauty and a great heart....if i were AA i will go ahead and know i have to bother about keeping my wife alive and stay strong but, battling with the kids genotype and waiting till we get it right? No i dont want to put her through such, How many DandC WILL I SUBJECT HER TRU?

She is a strong woman and hardly fall ill except for Ulcer due to the strong pain killers, I wish i can make a difference

The truth is we knew bout our genotype from the beginning, but she is a lady with a great heart you will be a stone not to fall in love with her....I wished I could be strong for her, I wished I could be the one to make her happy...talking about it now makes me sad and tearing apart again...

A friend once told me that the way we can eradicate the ss Armenia is people stop crossing the s.... that was the point I tot i could make a strong decision for us... LORD PLEASE MAKE HER HAPPY AND GRANT HER A GOOD HOME...SHE DESERVES IT

funshiba
this was the post you made in 2013.

why are you now telling lies now in 2015 on this forum?

your wife is SS.

why come here to lie that an AA + AS couple has given birth to a SS child?
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by SalC: 4:46pm On May 12, 2015
Ralphlauren:

funshiba
this was the post you made in 2013.

why are you now telling lies now in 2015 on this forum?

your wife is SS.

why come here to lie that an AA + AS couple has given birth to a SS child?
Mean you, lol
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by conquror: 8:18am On Apr 05, 2016
Its not ivf its cvs or amniocentesis. Tho it could be expensive for some ppl but its a simple test. Also remember dat apart 4rm genotype, ppl also have oda child birth issues dat could make dem spend alot of money without preparing for it. Couples can save towards it if dey knw before hand.[email][/email]
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by neckie(m): 5:02am On Oct 24, 2016
Plz, try Cellod-S & ur story will change.

Picomon:

Need recommendations and tips pls.
Re: Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. by sisisioge: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2016
Hugs to you warriors in the house, hang in there peeps. God is with you.

Whew! Lucky us AA, we take our health for granted. Hmmm, my heart felt wish of good health galore to you all. May peace be onto your soul and your mortal bodies. E Pele.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist / Ikpeazu: Abia Gives ₦500, Delivery Packs To Women Who Deliver In PHCs / Why Would Anyone Want To Become A Doctor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.