Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Yoruba Origin Revisited - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Origin Revisited (15535 Views)

YORUBA ORIGIN CONTROVERSY / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
tpia@:
If you have anything to contribute to the topic, do so and stop derailing the thread like a coward.

Eni bimo gaan won ri nkan fun.

Highly irritating.
guy shut up! If I start talking u would complain again
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by member3(m): 3:02am On Sep 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Hebrew are Northern Semitic, whereas most (pure) Arabs have origins from Qahtan in SOuthern Yemen , descended from Ancient Himyarite and Kindaite Civilizations, while the Adnanites have origins in Najd and are descended from the ANcient Nabatean Civilization. The Qahtanites spread after the fall of the Ma'arib Dam. Everyone knows that.

Kanuri claims of Yemen are bullsh!t. The Kanem Bornu were Pagans till 1100 AD and most were still so upto 500 years back.

They should go and look at their faces in the mirrors. Yemeni it seems. .

They are Chadic Sahelian and close to us Hausa peoples.

Man your breath is bulls%$t, and your wack a$$ stupid opinions. Them Kanuris will put your pagan wanna-be a$$ in a pinebox with your fake-a$$ idols, using them damn tubab terms "Chadic Sahelian ". Kanuri are children of Saif Dhu yazan and you're a tubaab toilet stool. P.s. we gon getchu and dem other sell out lil romans.

There were and are no indigenous blacks in the Middle East. Ive lived there for long. And I know the tribespeople there.
I can recite all their lineages with apt fluency.

The only blacks there are slave descendants from Zanzibar and Kenya in the East Coast of Trucail States and Oman.

THe rest are slaves from Sudan, etc., in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by member3(m): 3:42am On Sep 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

are you telling me that this man Oduduwa went walking around the entire Africa and survived in those savage times

btw lamurudu is not an Arabic name. STOP LYING OK! I can speak fluent Arabic. there is no such name as lamurudu.

There is Abdullah ibn Qais, or Hind Al Hunnud, etc., but no "Lamurudu". what a bullsh!t quack.

oh and btw the Arabs followed an entirely different Pagan religion and their Chief Creator God was Allah and they had a different pantheon of dietites.

The Yoruba pantheon is different so stop following these useless senseless stories.
I doubt you speak arabic or ever lived with tribesmen except that you are an agent clearly on the site to do work for the queen tart in your homeland england. you been exposed afro-saxon. stop this non-sense. we comin for your idols and breakin up.
[size=20pt]اليعاربة ابناء قبايل اليمن المحاربو المشركين
المخلطو انسالهم بخائر هم انما لله قاصدين
الواطئو الرقاب رذائل بإذن الحاكم الحاكمين
المثال للطاعني الشرائف قترٌ الاقبح وجوههم[/size]
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by MetaPhysical: 3:46am On Sep 25, 2013
عبدالكريم:

Man your breath is bulls%$t, and your wack a$$ stupid opinions. Them Kanuris will put your pagan wanna-be a$$ in a pinebox with your fake-a$$ idols, using them damn tubab terms "Chadic Sahelian ". Kanuri are children of Saif Dhu yazan and you're a tubaab toilet stool. P.s. we gon getchu and dem other sell out lil romans.

There were and are no indigenous blacks in the Middle East. Ive lived there for long. And I know the tribespeople there.

The only blacks there are slave descendants from Zanzibar and Kenya in the East Coast of Trucail States and Oman.

Abdul Karim,
Salama. Clarify please when you say there were no indigenous blacks in mideast. MidEast is huge and as a geopolitical label it covers from Egypt on the west to as far east as Afghanistan.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
عبدالكريم:

shut up you slave descent a$$hole. go drink your mothers milk you f00L.

bloody Arab worshipper. go to your pedophile profit.

Kanuri are not children of saif dhu yazan. they are Kanuri.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
عبدالكريم:
I doubt you speak arabic or ever lived with tribesmen except that you are an agent clearly on the site to do work for the queen tart in your homeland england. you been exposed afro-saxon. stop this non-sense. we comin for your idols and breakin up.
[size=20pt]اليعاربة ابناء قبايل اليمن المحاربو المشركين
المخلطو انسالهم بخائر هم انما لله قاصدين
الواطئو الرقاب رذائل بإذن الحاكم الحاكمين
المثال للطاعني الشرائف قترٌ الاقبح وجوههم[/size]

I can speak and read better Arabic than you abd alkareem or whatever you call yourself..

im going to burn your false mosques soon and we are soon going to install Idols in the holy Ka'abah which we Pagans built.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by lawani: 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
Please Yoruba are Yoruba, they are Ife people who descended on Earth from Orun and spread all over the Earth from the first point at Ile Ife. Abraham, Adam, Noah were descendants of Ife people. Abraham lived only 5 thousand years ago whereas the present Ife calendar is Year 10059 this year. The ancestors of Northern Europeans, Australians, Chinese and etc left Africa over 30 thousand years before this present calendar was inaugurated. Please don't be misled to believe the Yoruba have a culture derived from Arabs, Egyptians or Jews, all of whom emerged recently. The reverse is the case, they derived from the people that established the first Ife. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
lawani:
Please Yoruba are Yoruba, they are Ife people who descended on Earth from Orun and spread all over the Earth from the first point at Ile Ife. Abraham, Adam, Noah were descendants of Ife people. Abraham lived only 5 thousand years ago whereas the present Ife calendar is Year 10059 this year. The ancestors of Northern Europeans, Australians, Chinese and etc left Africa over 30 thousand years before this present calendar was inaugurated. Please don't be misled to believe the Yoruba have a culture derived from Arabs, Egyptians or Jews, all of whom emerged recently. The reverse is the case, they derived from the people that established the first Ife. Thank you all.

What planet is 'Orun' where they descended from?

What made them descend and what part of Ifa support this story?
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PabloAfricanus(m): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
Unbelievable! undecided cry
Like WTF??
I thought it was only the Igbos who play this Semitic cum Jewish game?
DuduNegro and prexious...are you guys for real?
Imran,Ur, Giesi,Geese,Jesse...all lumped up and transliterated to Yoruba?
Kai, the black man really has been eaten up with inferiority complex!
And macof I've followed your posts for a while now...no word of reprimand for these low self esteem guys?

I'll pose these same questions I put at those silly Igbos who toed this same line:
1) When did Yorubas hear about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and from whom?
2) If the British had not come to West Africa and the Islamists had not come to Kwara/Oyo...how would the Yorubas have heard about Abraham?
3) What is the oral or written history of Jerusalem, Abraham, Solomon, David and Moses in Yoruba land before the Islamists or whites arrived?
4) What was the oral or documented history of Egypt, Canaan, Jericho, Samaria and Libya in Yoruba land before the Islamists or whites arrived?

That should be a good starting point to draw the line between creative histories, historical improvisations and plain outright silliness.

Mind you, all known cultures who had any dealing with Middle Eastern peoples have written or oral verifiable histories...complete with dates, historical personalities and factual events as others remembered them. The Ethiopians still had the Book of Enoch complete with them even when a single copy could not be found among the so called Jews of Europe. The ruins of Axum are enough evidence to link her ancient inhabitants to Egypt. Why do conquered and colonized Africans who were literally told the story of Mohammed, Jesus Christ and Abraham...want to invent histories around peoples they never knew or heard about?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 12:18am On Dec 08, 2015
PabloAfricanus:
Like WTF??
And macof I've followed your posts for a while now...no word of reprimand for these low self esteem guys?

I'll pose these same questions I put at those silly Igbos who toed this same line:
2) If the British had not come to West Africa and the Islamists had not come to Kwara/Oyo...how would the Yorubas have heard about Abraham?
3) What is the oral or written history of Jerusalem, Abraham, Solomon, David and Moses in Yoruba land before the Islamists or whites arrived?
4) What was the oral or documented history of Egypt, Canaan, Jericho, Samaria and Libya in Yoruba land before the Islamists or whites arrived?

That should be a good starting point to draw the line between creative histories, historical improvisations and plain outright silliness.

Mind you, all known cultures who had any dealing with Middle Eastern peoples have written or oral verifiable histories...complete with dates, historical personalities and factual events as others remembered them. The Ethiopians still had the Book of Enoch complete with them even when a single copy could not be found among the so called Jews of Europe. The ruins of Axum are enough evidence to link her ancient inhabitants to Egypt. Why do conquered and colonized Africans who were literally told the story of Mohammed, Jesus Christ and Abraham...want to invent histories around peoples they never knew or heard about?

Bro, I've been active in protecting the yoruba pride. I can't stand and watch inferiority complex and religious sentiments destroy the yoruba nation

If you watch my posts well, you'll see I ask questions that none of these wannabe hebrews have no answer to

Yoruba are hebrews yet we left our beloved Yahweh and resorted to veneration of 401 Irunmoles We have no knowledge of hebrew ancestors No records of our journey from the middle-east

That's why I say afrocentrists are the second group of people(after African religiotards) damaging african pride and bringing shame to our ancestors. .. rather than concentrate on Africa, they cling to non black people and claim they built their civilization

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2015
PabloAfricanus:
Like WTF??

Mind you, all known cultures who had any dealing with Middle Eastern peoples have written or oral verifiable histories...complete with dates, historical personalities and factual events as others remembered them. The Ethiopians still had the Book of Enoch complete with them even when a single copy could not be found among the so called Jews of Europe. The ruins of Axum are enough evidence to link her ancient inhabitants to Egypt. [b]Why do conquered and colonized Africans who were literally told the story of Mohammed, Jesus Christ and Abraham...want to invent histories around peoples they never knew or heard about? [b]

I am for real, I am prexios.

Don't mind my angle, tell me your side of the story.

You have learned enough of mine. And one other thing,

I'm not seeking validation from you guys cos I know the drills.

I'm never tired, but I don't want to keep telling a fool that he is a fool.

I always try to feed my threads with resources. Not muddled up stuffs.

You have read macof, go back and read my threads and call me out on one.

I'm not going to answer to gang game at this period of the year.

@the bolded, it is easy to label people with this angle as inferiority complex,

tell your side of the African story, then you will see it is no history.

It would be filled to the brim with your worldview, no conclusive answer.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by lawani: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

What planet is 'Orun' where they descended from?

What made them descend and what part of Ifa support this story?

I thought you were joking but your subsequent posts show you may be serious. The first Ife people landed on Earth from outer space led by Ogun. They were a group of dare devil ancient astronauts who were tech savvy enough to land here from another human civilization in the universe, billions of such must exist littered all over the universe at various levels of advancement. Then after that, various other races used to land on Earth, one was named the Nephilim and were mentioned in the Bible. Genesis 6 1 to 4. Ifa is full of references to people coming from Orun.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by GorkoSusaay: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
This is what Sultan Muhammad Bello (3 nov.1781- 25 oct. 1837) wrote about the Yoruba in Infaq al Maysur. I think it is folk etymology more than historical research.

"As for the kingdom of Yoruba it is an extensive land, full of rivers, forestry, grasslands and mountains. Amazing narratives and strange tells are related about them. To their south are the ports of the ships of the above-mentioned European Christians. The people of the lands of Yoruba are from the remnants of the people of the Banu Kan`an [Canaanite] who were the tribe of Nimrod. The reason for their dwelling in the west, based upon what has been narrated, is that Yarub ibn Qahtan drove them out from Iraq towards the west. They then journeyed between the lands of Egypt and Abyssinia until they reached the lands presently known as Yoruba. In every land in which they passed, they left behind a group of their people in that land. It is said that the indigenous Blacks who reside in the mountains (of Nuba) in this region is from them. Likewise are the people of Yauru from them. The people of this region resemble the people of Nupe. In their lands are imported this green bird which
speaks [parrot]. There are many strange and amazing stories about the people of this land. These were mentioned by Muhammad ibn Massana, the author of the Tuhfat ‘l-`Anbariyya, in his book called Azhaar ‘r-Ribba Fi Akhbaar Yoruba. "The people of this region capture (Muslim) freemen from our own lands and sell them to the above mentioned European Christians. I mention this affair to you that you will not be
among those who sell Muslims as slaves to those who seize them. This blameworthy situation of selling slaves to the European Christians has become prevalent in these lands."
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
lawani:

I thought you were joking but your subsequent posts show you may be serious. The first Ife people landed on Earth from outer space led by Ogun. They were a group of dare devil ancient astronauts who were tech savvy enough to land here from another human civilization in the universe, billions of such must exist littered all over the universe at various levels of advancement. Then after that, various other races used to land on Earth, one was named the Nephilim and were mentioned in the Bible. Genesis 6 1 to 4. Ifa is full of references to people coming from Orun.

At this age and time, endeavor not to add to the confusion. Your story is farfetched, so we descended from flying astronauts?

Then point out the ifa verse that support your story. Except you want to claim you saw it happened.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
GorkoSusaay:
This is what Sultan Muhammad Bello (3 nov.1781- 25 oct. 1837) wrote about the Yoruba in Infaq al Maysur. I think it is folk etymology more than historical research.

"As for the kingdom of Yoruba it is an extensive land, full of rivers, forestry, grasslands and mountains. Amazing narratives and strange tells are related about them. To their south are the ports of the ships of the above-mentioned European Christians. The people of the lands of Yoruba are from the remnants of the people of the Banu Kan`an [Canaanite] who were the tribe of Nimrod. The reason for their dwelling in the west, based upon what has been narrated, is that Yarub ibn Qahtan drove them out from Iraq towards the west. They then journeyed between the lands of Egypt and Abyssinia until they reached the lands presently known as Yoruba. In every land in which they passed, they left behind a group of their people in that land. It is said that the indigenous Blacks who reside in the mountains (of Nuba) in this region is from them. Likewise are the people of Yauru from them. The people of this region resemble the people of Nupe. In their lands are imported this green bird which
speaks [parrot]. There are many strange and amazing stories about the people of this land. These were mentioned by Muhammad ibn Massana, the author of the Tuhfat ‘l-`Anbariyya, in his book called Azhaar ‘r-Ribba Fi Akhbaar Yoruba. "The people of this region capture (Muslim) freemen from our own lands and sell them to the above mentioned European Christians. I mention this affair to you that you will not be
among those who sell Muslims as slaves to those who seize them. This blameworthy situation of selling slaves to the European Christians has become prevalent in these lands."

Good.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by lawani: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

At this age and time, endeavor not to add to the confusion. Your story is farfetched, so we descended from flying astronauts?

Then point out the ifa verse that support your story. Except you want to claim you saw it happened.

The most ancient people were not primitives as we think. Recently it was established that the rocks in stonehenge were quarried in Sotland and ferried to England. Those are rocks as tall as say 7 storey buildings. We still have no idea how the Egyptians built such huge pyramids and etc etc. I pointed out earlier that the ancient Yoruba were aware that our Earth is spherical. They were star trekkers. They instilled it in their descendants that Osupa laye The Earth is like the moon and etc. Humans are going to be star trekkers in future, so humans were star trekkers in the past. No new thing in the universe. The Ife calendar is the oldest in the world 10059 this year, older than the Sumerian calendar of Southern Iraq, though Sumerian records claim Kings that ruled for tens of thousands of years before a certain flood, the Ife people existed too before the inauguration of the present calendar. The first Ife can be anywhere on Earth surface but an Ibn Yarub, a Muslim was not the founder of the Ife people. Obatala was the founder of the first Ife, there may have been thousands for all we know, the last group holding on to the tradition are the Yoruba of West Africa though people joined from all over the world. That is the Yoruba perspective, no need to let a Fulani man who learnt from a Hausa who learnt from an Arab and etc to mislead you. Ife story was passed down from the first generation to the present. No interruption.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
lawani:

The most ancient people were not primitives as we think. Recently it was established that the rocks in stonehenge were quarried in Sotland and ferried to England. Those are rocks as tall as say 7 storey buildings. We still have no idea how the Egyptians built such huge pyramids and etc etc. I pointed out earlier that the ancient Yoruba were aware that our Earth is spherical. They were star trekkers. They instilled it in their descendants that Osupa laye The Earth is like the moon and etc. Humans are going to be star trekkers in future, so humans were star trekkers in the past. No new thing in the universe. The Ife calendar is the oldest in the world 10059 this year, older than the Sumerian calendar of Southern Iraq, though Sumerian records claim Kings that ruled for tens of thousands of years before a certain flood, the Ife people existed too before the inauguration of the present calendar. The first Ife can be anywhere on Earth surface but an Ibn Yarub, a Muslim was not the founder of the Ife people. Obatala was the founder of the first Ife, there may have been thousands for all we know, the last group holding on to the tradition are the Yoruba of West Africa though people joined from all over the world. That is the Yoruba perspective, no need to let a Fulani man who learnt from a Hausa who learnt from an Arab and etc to mislead you. Ife story was passed down from the first generation to the present. No interruption.

I'm not to be misled by anyone.

if Stonehenge tells us about our past, Fulani or Arab can do exactly the same thing, afterall you quoted a Bible passage in your last post

I wish you quote ifa, I care less if Yoruba calendar is the oldest of all, it should have been very popular with the Yoruba. I never heard of it.

What figure did they used to mark the days, month, years and centuries it covers? I don't buy personal imaginations for history.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by lawani: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

I'm not to be misled by anyone.

if Stonehenge tells us about our past, Fulani or Arab can do exactly the same thing, afterall you quoted a Bible passage in your last post

I wish you quote ifa, I care less if Yoruba calendar is the oldest of all, it should have been very popular with the Yoruba. I never heard of it.

What figure did they used to mark the days, month, years and centuries it covers? I don't buy personal imaginations for history.

The point is that the fulani are too new a people to be listened to. What they know about sedentary culture, they learnt from Hausas as against Yorubas that have been living in cities from the beginning of time apparently. Having state officials whose sole duty is to preserve history and pass it on to the next generation. This is the main difference between Yorubas and Igbos. Igbos too have been sedentary all along but no organisation to finance the meticulous transmission off history. You can't have all that and then surrender it to the narrative of a Fulani whose grandfather was a nomad.

I am not an expert on the Yoruba calendar but you can google it up to learn more. Then Ogun is osin imole being the one that led the others down to the Earth. Orki is Ogun Laakaye Osin imole meaning Ogun the one who brought prosperity to bear on Earth, the first Imole. The task was difficult, he eiither wore red or was bloodied on the way and he used something appearing as fire to land, remember it was a chariot of fire that whisked Elijah away. A kind of UFO
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
I am not buying the fulani tale sir,

you seems to favour Ogun other than Oduduwa, (I know you will find a place for Oduduwa now). Imagine everybody coming up with their version of Yoruba history, then it becomes no history but creative writeup.

It is better to be a medium through which Yoruba tradition come alive than seek to make the icon of history larger than live.

All other men tell their stories on the realm of men, but exactly what the profit would be if our forfathers were magnificient skygods I dont know.

Magnificient tales does not translate to true history, hence I prefer to echoe Yoruba traditions and make relative meaning from it.

I think this is better than being after an idea that need a novel idea and a novel idea and so on to sound convincing to nobody in particular.

Let's allow the traditions to speak for itself, then we can be students of tradition than being the makers of tradition.

If I am to introduce any idea, it has to have root in Yoruba world with closest meaning.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by lawani: 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

you seems to favour Ogun other than Oduduwa, (I know you will find a place for Oduduwa now). Imagine everybody coming up with their version of Yoruba history, then it becomes no history but creative writeup.

It is better to be a medium through which Yoruba tradition come alive than seek to make the icon of history larger than live.

All other men tell their stories on the realm of men, but exactly what the profit would be if our forfathers were magnificient skygods I dont know.

Magnificient tales does not translate to true history, hence I prefer to echoe Yoruba traditions and make relative meaning from it.

I think this is better than being after an idea that need a novel idea and a novel idea and so on to sound convincing to nobody in particular.

Let's allow the traditions to speak for itself, then we can be students of tradition than being the makers of tradition.

If I am to introduce any idea, it has to have root in Yoruba world with closest meaning.

I am not adding anything. I use only facts passed down through the ages. You are the one trying to embellish the history with other narratives that are wrong. Oduduwa was a contemporary of Prophet Mohammed driven out of Mecca in the 7th century, a descendant of Nimrod the first post flood King of South Arabia or Iraq hence he introduced himself to Ife people as a descendant of Lamurudu or Nimrod then they promptly renamed him Oduduwa by using the oracle, the name was after a woman, one of those that landed on Earth in pre historic times. That is the entrance of the new Oduduwa into our history, prior to him, Obas were descended from Orunmila and 90 kings ruled in the present Ife before his arrival, since his arrival, 51 kings. Ogun is the most popular deity across Yoruba land, Obatala is the most respected.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
lawani:

I am not adding anything. I use only facts passed down through the ages. You are the one trying to embellish the history with other narratives that are wrong. Oduduwa was a contemporary of Prophet Mohammed driven out of Mecca in the 7th century, a descendant of Nimrod the first post flood King of South Arabia or Iraq hence he introduced himself to Ife people as a descendant of Lamurudu or Nimrod then they promptly renamed him Oduduwa by using the oracle, the name was after a woman, one of those that landed on Earth in pre historic times. That is the entrance of the new Oduduwa into our history, prior to him, Obas were descended from Orunmila and 90 kings ruled in the present Ife before his arrival, since his arrival, 51 kings. Ogun is the most popular deity across Yoruba land, Obatala is the most respected.

How did I embelish anything?

Let me know please.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 11:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
lawani:

Why would you drag this to aliens? OK not aliens but outer space human civilization This is what 9jacrip and I told you before, learn to separate myth of cosmology from History
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

This is interesting. I love this ur post. .if only you stay true to it and stop linking yoruba to hebrews and other Semetic people of Asia, which our traditons, Culture and language have no links with

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
lawani:

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2015
macof:

This is interesting. I love this ur post. .if only you stay true to it and stop linking yoruba to hebrews and other Semetic people of Asia, which our traditons, Culture and language have no links with

Thanks my brother, (the very first time you are nice to me, LOL) grin

I am not the one that speaks, the resources at my disposal will always speak.

I will always align myself with the truth of the Yoruba tradition and be clear and transparent. cheesy

to whom much is given, much is expected.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PabloAfricanus(m): 8:19am On Dec 09, 2015
macof:

Bro, I've been active in protecting the yoruba pride. I can't stand and watch inferiority complex and religious sentiments destroy the yoruba nation

If you watch my posts well, you'll see I ask questions that none of these wannabe hebrews have no answer to

Yoruba are hebrews yet we left our beloved Yahweh and resorted to veneration of 401 Irunmoles We have no knowledge of hebrew ancestors No records of our journey from the middle-east

That's why I say afrocentrists are the second group of people(after African religiotards) damaging african pride and bringing shame to our ancestors. .. rather than concentrate on Africa, they cling to non black people and claim they built their civilization

You know it really bites when you see a full grown black man realize his stark impotence and apparent lack of historical significance in the midst of the Whites. Being powerless in the face of a stronger neighbour or foe is not a bad thing per se...except if you do nothing about it.
It becomes bad when to make up for his feeling of impotence or low self worth...one starts inventing grandiose histories to make oneself feel good. African posterity will be confronted with the realities of today's African men who have refused to build a world class legacy for them.

Afrocentrists can postulate,extrapolate,attach,glorify and massage as much African history as they feel like...the reality is that the African continent has been owned...literally
We need to come to terms clearly with that reality. No need to sugar coat it or white wash it. IMO, it is only then we Africans can get a clear bearing on where we are coming from...before we can even begin to talk of moving forward.

Right now, our so called elders and "leaders" have refused to confront their cowardice in the face of Western Imperialism.
Our surviving native traditional practitioners are still holding their "secrets and mysteries" to their chests.
Imagine what the world would have lost if Africans discovered electricity and telephony? cry
Our "leaders of thought" are so cool with the damage done to the African psyche by imported religions...that they till today still budget millions for "pilgrimages" to Meccas and Jerusalems of the Arabs and Jews.
Sharing of knowledge is still a strange concept to most Africans...some will deny it...but tell me how many public libraries are filled with self published books by local authorities and how well African history is being taught in our schools.

Having said all that, I think those guys above are just projecting their inherited sense of low self worth. Claiming histories and historical personalities whom even your fathers cannot produce the native form of their names in local dialects...is plain silly.
Rather than document first of all whatever history we have as Africans, they rely mostly on Western sources for events that happened in their backyard!
To the best of my knowledge, none of the artifacts, writings, social structures, warfare methods of the Middle East is replicated anywhere in contemporary or ancient sub Saharan Africa...and yet some folks actually think its cool to disregard lack of historical evidence and transliterate Lamurudu to Nimrod abi na Imran
Yeye angry

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PabloAfricanus(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

I am for real, I am prexios.

Don't mind my angle, tell me your side of the story.

You have learned enough of mine. And one other thing,

I'm not seeking validation from you guys cos I know the drills.

I'm never tired, but I don't want to keep telling a fool that he is a fool.

I always try to feed my threads with resources. Not muddled up stuffs.

You have read macof, go back and read my threads and call me out on one.

I'm not going to answer to gang game at this period of the year.

@the bolded, it is easy to label people with this angle as inferiority complex,

tell your side of the African story, then you will see it is no history.

It would be filled to the brim with your worldview, no conclusive answer.

thanks.

That is the problem I have with folks that reason like you do
You deliberately ignored my questions and denied my the opportunity to learn from your precious research?
Haba! You can do better. Here, kindly share your knowledge:

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PabloAfricanus(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2015
GorkoSusaay:

A starting point in historical analysis or research is to establish parallels, similarities or correspondences as accurately as possible.
For that you need native sources. Except if you agree that a stranger who has never been to your village will be best suitable to describe the boundaries on your father's inherited lands...then I will have to ask you to share your knowledge on the following:

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by absoluteSuccess: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

That is the problem I have with folks that reason like you do
You deliberately ignored my questions and denied my the opportunity to learn from your precious research?
Haba! You can do better. Here, kindly share your knowledge:

Nope, you sound conclusive and angry from start, hence I delibrately ignored your request.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:30am On Dec 09, 2015
macof:

[size=20pt] Yoruba are hebrews yet we left our beloved Yahweh and resorted to veneration of 401 Irunmoles [/size] We have no knowledge of hebrew ancestors No records of our journey from the middle-east

Whhatt!! shocked.
Is this not the same macof that was on the Hausa/Egypt thread? Shyyte, wonders will never end, I dont know what to say anymore about people in Nairaland.

You came across as a an impressive smart guy who is very conversant with world history and cultures....an expert of some sort. Are you not?

Please go and read about the Priesthood of Aaron and the connection to Irunmole. Like i said in other post, im no expert on these things but im not dumb either...i pick bits and pieces along way. They took esoterism out of Judaism and coined it Qabbalah. My guy, why do you think im telling fulaman and calimari to come to Yoruba if ghey want to relearn their history and culture? In fact, Jews dont have their authetic sprituality anymore, they must study Yoruba as well if they want to reenact the rites of Aaron. True talk my brother. Yoruba spirituality is deep, everybody have lost their divine template template but us.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by lawani: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2015
The Early Yoruba must know Egypt. Infact, the royal burial place found in Igbo ukwu contained items of Egyptian origin. Some Awos are of the view that the place referred to as Ejigbo, sometimes Ejigbo koro, sometimes Ejigbo mekun is indeed Egypt. Egypt is an English rendition of the name. A saying from hieroglyphics was rendered in modern letters as ibn nfr du bw bn by an European who does not know Yoruba. The saying means 'where we loved became an evil place. In Yoruba it is ibi a fe di ibi bi The Egyptian saying is from around 5 thousand years ago. I think it should be clear the man spoke an ancient Ife language. Then Nimrod is Namurudu is Lamurudu to a Yoruba and that name was not picked from the Bible or the Quran. It is non existent in the Quran and in one or two verses in the Bible but well known in Mecca. How do you think it entered the narrative of Ife people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Linguistic Diversity In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse? / Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Security Agencies To Arrest Any Hate-Preacher / Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.