Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Yoruba Origin Revisited - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Origin Revisited (15537 Views)

YORUBA ORIGIN CONTROVERSY / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
2prexios:

I don't think your head is working fine, sorry to say. The reason is, can't you share the crust of your unhappiness without calling for help?

Aren't you thoughtful? Are you anyway conjoined to macof like a siamese? You are looking for supporters club abi?

You have low intelligence hence you must lean on bully like that to make a point. Those calling him are below him, they fear him because of his ways.

You will always look up to him to reprimand nairaland, for you to be happy and thats good for you. Hurray.

I don't chase people who are below me in wit, such as the subtle macof. I give them assignment.

You want to know why Africa lag behind and struggles as a continent? Many folks says 'shut up, who are you' to the unfolding knowledge of one another for very many silly reasons.

At this junction man, don't bring your complex issues to my thread, stop being halfwit, tell the world your side of the story.

pity is for a given, but jealousy you have to earn. Take a cue from your masters, don't shut down a school of thought for an agnostic pride. Let people think.

Their thinking does not rob you of your pride, if it enlighten their spirit. Except yours is a pride of darkness that should not be seen in the light.

Present your worldview as if it will become a branch of knowledge in time to come, enrich your blank soul in others knowledge that elude you.

Stop fighting knowledge with empty pride. Present your knowledge free of silly 'comrademanship'.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringringrin such comedy

macof is a bully
macof is below me.. even going as far as insulting pabloafricanus for calling you out. you don't want people to question you, everybody must shove your shit down his throat.

why all this nonsense? pabloafricanus asked simple questions that will make all yoruba people believe you and opcnairaland that Abraham is the father of Yorubas. you want to tell me my origins don't you? so I can't ask questions and challenge you over my own origins? I should just accept what ever you say? what my father never told me

and you call me a bully grin grin grin grin

if you really have linguistic and cultural features shared between Yoruba and Hebrews strong enough to suggest hebrew origin for yorubas ...please present it..I'm begging you, show me that I'm beneath you by providing this evidence of hebrew origin..I want to know my origins. since according to you my ancestors were monotheist hebrews who formed the Torah. I want to be forever below you, just show me that Yorubas have nothing in common with Igbos, Edo, Urhobo, Igala etc but our family are Jews and our home Jerusalem. let's discuss hebrew culture and how yoruba culture was derived from it ..that way we can reclaim our ancestral land as God's chosen people

enough of all this emotional outcry... I know you are not a child but a grown man, so please act like one

I'm no Hebrew lap dog ok? unlike you I'm not sired by the hebrews or any foreign people for that matter..As much as I love the Chinese I have no business claiming my ancestors were the builders of the Great Wall. so if you have anything useful to do with your life do it and stop seeking to use "your Invented history" to gain some relevance...there are more decent self employed jobs which don't deal with pseudohistory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:39am On Dec 28, 2015
macof:

macof is a bully
macof is below me.. even going as far as insulting pabloafricanus for calling you out. you don't want people to question you, everybody must shove your shit down his throat.

why all this nonsense? pabloafricanus asked simple questions that will make all yoruba people believe you and opcnairaland that Abraham is the father of Yorubas. you want to tell me my origins don't you? so I can't ask questions and challenge you over my own origins? I should just accept what ever you say? what my father never told me

if you really have linguistic and cultural features shared between Yoruba and Hebrews strong enough to suggest hebrew origin for yorubas ...please present it..I'm begging you, show me that I'm beneath you by providing this evidence of hebrew origin..I want to know my origins. since according to you my ancestors were monotheist hebrews who formed the Torah. I want to be forever below you, just show me that Yorubas have nothing in common with Igbos, Edo, Urhobo, Igala etc but our family are Jews and our home Jerusalem. let's discuss hebrew culture and how yoruba culture was derived from it ..that way we can reclaim our ancestral land as God's chosen people

enough of all this emotional outcry... I know you are not a child but a grown man, so please act like one

I'm no Hebrew lap dog ok? unlike you I'm not sired by the hebrews or any foreign people for that matter..As much as I love the Chinese I have no business claiming my ancestors were the builders of the Great Wall. so if you have anything useful to do with your life do it and stop seeking to use "your Invented history" to gain some relevance...there are more decent self employed jobs which don't deal with pseudohistory

I see you mentioned me again in your falsehood.
Do me a favor, why cant you go and push your theory against thosr who know and have records.

Go here and argue against expert.

https://www.nairaland.com/2825003/yoruba-afroasia-man-rewrote-genesis#41367982
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by MetaPhysical: 3:22am On Dec 28, 2015
2prexios,
In one of your posts you advised OPCNAIRALAND not to engage in back and forth. Please take the high road. All dissenters should go to the thread on Oduyoye, The Man who rewrote Genesis and test their theories against his claims.

I have in my posession more damning evidence that Yoruba had footprint in Afroasia. We've been at this discussion two years and our input have shaped minds and gained new converts even amongst the most obstinate in academia. We refuse to fight anyone or engage in antagonism, we bring hard core evidence backed by hard to dispute truths and give room for opponents to find faults, if they can. Simple!
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 3:34am On Dec 28, 2015
macof:

macof is a bully

No the joke is on you people, that you don't bring resources to the table beside what will earn you likes and shares.

hope you get it?
cheesy
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 3:48am On Dec 28, 2015
kk
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 3:51am On Dec 28, 2015
MetaPhysical:
2prexios,
In one of your posts you advised OPCNAIRALAND not to engage in back and forth. Please take the high road. All dissenters should go to the thread on Oduyoye, The Man who rewrote Genesis and test their theories against his claims.

I have in my posession more damning evidence that Yoruba had footprint in Afroasia. We've been at this discussion two years and our input have shaped minds and gained new converts even amongst the most obstinate in academia. We refuse to fight anyone or engage in antagonism, we bring hard core evidence backed by hard to dispute truths and give room for opponents to find faults, if they can. Simple!

good morning baba,

I just intended to do a cameo that these fellows were in a mind game and have nothing to offer.

to do that, you have to throw in what often excites them and you will see the reactions that follows. Their best is about to come.

Did any idea came all this while? No, but now nko? Macof best is already in display with ease. Wandering star.

Dear macof, what happen na? you are not good at proverbs, nor have you recounted any IFA piece you have learn from the last Prof Wande Abimbola IFA Academy, fraud.

ifa ni 'ojo esan o lo titi ko joro o dunni' can you learn from such teachers and your language will not be enriched?

But your English is always impeccable and never once garnished with Yoruba word, mantra or proverb.

Its always english grammar, even when attempting to interpret a small word of Yoruba, very careful making sentence in Yoruba, calling laughter irerin, lol.

You are not omo ibile, King of Grammar.

cheesy

I'm not that bad, metaphysical, I just want to feel the waters, people who are out to learn something will bypass problems to learn.

There will always be obstacles on the way of learning, I refuse to be stopped by obstacles. Let the light shine.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by MetaPhysical: 4:14am On Dec 28, 2015
2prexios:

No the joke is on you people, that you don't bring resources to the table beside what will earn you likes and shares.

hope you get it?
cheesy

That's it, these people don't care for truth. They seek popularism and applause.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 4:35am On Dec 28, 2015
MetaPhysical:

That's it, these people don't care for truth. They seek popularism and applause.

Yes,

you are a wise man, and you have said it long ago, remember? the 'occupy social media' crew, Yoruba chapter.

If you take a survey, there are more mediocres than there are intellectuals,

in a vote, a mediocre will win the intellectual.

people vote for their kind, it does not make the intellectual wrong.

I don't know how a man contesting a point believes he is absolutely right.

Nobody argues with absolute right, they argued over unclear matters only.

Only a mediocre fight dirty claiming to be right, just present your claims.

Leave others to judge.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2015
MetaPhysical:

grin grin grin applause? popularism? on a faceless forum? is that an achievement in life?
you must think I have a pathetic life and use nairaland to seek relevance

ironic isn't it? you are the one taking to the Internet writing all sorts of "invented history" and I'm the one asking for evidence, yet I'm the one not after truth?
would I ask for evidence if I'm not after truth? would I spend all this time quoting you if I'm not after truth? since you hold this truth, why not unleash the power of truth and shame me by providing the evidence...but first reply my previous posts to you. .

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I see you mentioned me again in your falsehood.
Do me a favor, why cant you go and push your theory against thosr who know and have records.

Go here and argue against expert.

https://www.nairaland.com/2825003/yoruba-afroasia-man-rewrote-genesis#41367982
is it really falsehood? Pls show me where I erred

that's the thing, I want to learn from you oh knowledgable ones that's why I ask for evidence..I'm not too proud to admit I was mistaken

Present those records that Oduyoye published cus I'm not wasting my time and money to purchase a book I currently take as poo...you hold his book in high esteem already don't tell me you haven't read the book
I've read through the thread, I was mentioned there. sorry, it lacks the cultural and linguistic contents historical community would take seriously... Metaphysical can do better than that thread

why would you think I'd be against Yoruba having influence over the Semites? I just want to know what you are saying has any truth, I don't believe people's wild dreams
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2015
2prexios:

hope you get it?
cheesy

ok, we don't bring resources cause its pretty much a settled thing that Ife is yoruba origin but you 2prexios say otherwise, that Abraham is our father.
why not show us that you are correct and over 40 million people are wrong about their origins

likes and shares get to you in a very strange manner. .this is a faceless forum, I believe you should have a real life worth living to the fullest and so likes and shares on a faceless forum shouldn't give you mental strain like this. ..you are a man not a child, please act like one.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PabloAfricanus(m): 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
2prexios:

I'm not sure the op is out to solve African problem on this thread,

the more you whine the more the solutions elude you, you need to

do, be, have.

not

have, be, do.

Do stuffs that gives you technological incentives, don't wait to have everything to start.

Be inclined in little enterprise that solve problems around you, don't wait till you be come a special man.

Have a good experience that can be invested upon at the passage of time. No, dont need to have money or position for transformation.

Nigerian youth feel great finding scapegoats responsible for this and that problems. Is the thread already leading tourists to Israel?

At 20, I told myself that I will never rely on any person or institution to become a success. I believe in inventiveness, I believe in personal efforts.

I stayed true to my resolve, and the last time I took salary was 15 years ago. Can you bring your ideas to life?

I believe the little I do justify my quota in the task. I don't have to complain anything, it's my life, not someone's.

People keep looking to the leader somewhere for answers. Will they teach you what you must invent to solve a problem?

keep waiting and keep rotting. People who complain can do nothing but find the most unbeatable complaints, and that apply to bullies.

this thread is not yeye, at worst, it points to brotherhood of man. Nowhere has it been said 'be stu.pid' so, don't be silly.

Scholastic topics are meant to exercise the brain probably to know how much of the tale of old elude us.

Use your intellectual abilities and enrich your world. History and culture is not an answer for political dissatisfaction.

Oh come on stop being so patronizing!
And stop trying to change the goal post!
We are not discussing your successful business or social achievements now. Maybe another thread ok?
I want to believe you have done well for yourself...congrats.

The topic is open for discussion on this forum and I chipped in my bit.
@yeye...this is not the first,nor third, nor tenth post on this forum by creative posters with fertile imaginations cooking up genealogies to Egypt, Isreal and the Middle East. Some even go as far as Europe!
You know it is yeye when they cannot prove they have any oral history or account of the personalities,locations or events they're discussing prior to the whites. cheesy
It even becomes yeye squared when they cannot produce any artefact or object similar to anything found or known in the lands they are claiming as their origin. grin

I am intelligent enough to know that no history is complete and historical enquiry must forever be an ongoing effort.
Its even possible you are on the right path and I'm just being incredulous cos I find your assertions too fantastic!
However, there is only one challenge to the son of a poor man who goes around telling stories of the mansions and wealth in his father's house...SHOW US!
If you cannot address the questions I asked as a challenge up there...do you want me to post some more questions for you to provide convincing evidence of this theory you support?
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PabloAfricanus(m): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
2prexios:

I don't think your head is working fine, sorry to say. The reason is, can't you share the crust of your unhappiness without calling for help?

Aren't you thoughtful? Are you anyway conjoined to macof like a siamese? You are looking for supporters club abi?

You have low intelligence hence you must lean on bully like that to make a point. Those calling him are below him, they fear him because of his ways.

You will always look up to him to reprimand nairaland, for you to be happy and thats good for you. Hurray.

I don't chase people who are below me in wit, such as the subtle macof. I give them assignment.

You want to know why Africa lag behind and struggles as a continent? Many folks says 'shut up, who are you' to the unfolding knowledge of one another for very many silly reasons.

At this junction man, don't bring your complex issues to my thread, stop being halfwit, tell the world your side of the story.

pity is for a given, but jealousy you have to earn. Take a cue from your masters, don't shut down a school of thought for an agnostic pride. Let people think.

Their thinking does not rob you of your pride, if it enlighten their spirit. Except yours is a pride of darkness that should not be seen in the light.

Present your worldview as if it will become a branch of knowledge in time to come, enrich your blank soul in others knowledge that elude you.

Stop fighting knowledge with empty pride. Present your knowledge free of silly 'comrademanship'.

Why throw up tantrums over a challenge to some post?
I have neither demeaned nor insulted your (anonymous) person on this forum.
Why result to ad hominems? Or are you one of those who cannot make a point without resorting to insults?
I called macof cos he was one of the posters before me, and I know him to be one of the authorities on Yoruba history on this forum.
How that translates into silly 'comrademanship' or 'always looking up to him' or 'looking for supporters club' is well beyond me. undecided
Or do you have a comprehension problem?

And stop being patronizing with all the philosophizing and advice...save it for those glorious occasions when someone awed by your great wisdom will solicite for it.
If you've not noticed this is not a thread on philosophy or elderly advice...but a thread on history or the lack thereof.

Provide plausible evidence that the peoples living the SW area of a British created country called Nigeria are descended from the Middle East.
That's the topic for discussion ok?
See it like this, there are pyramids and megalithic buildings spread all over the British Isles, North Africa, South America, Russia, China, and the Middle East. Historians and archaeologists have dedicated their lives to establishing similarities between the cultures that shared such structures.
It can demonstrated today that Stonehenge in England, Newgrange in Ireland and the pyramids of the Incas,Aztecs and Mayas are all astronomical buildings. Experts have found that they are all built to be aligned to certain planets, constellations and stars.
The Mayas even left documents mapping the phases of the planet Venus thousands of years ago!
The trio of the Giza pyramids have been found to mirror the layout of the constellation Orion as it was thousands of years ago!
So it is safe to say that the peoples who built these megaliths and pyramids had advanced astronomical knowledge and undoubtedly had a stellar religion.

Should an attempt be made to suggest Fulanis for instance have advanced astronomical knowledge and a stellar religion, one of the concrete signs/evidences historians would look for is well known similarities...like scrolls, pyramids, megaliths, astronomical observations, names of planets and constellations...that are also found in similar cultures and peoples sharing such history.

You and some posters on this thread have made assertions, citing phonological similarities between some Yoruba words and some anglicized Semitic/Hebrew words.
The fact that you guys are not even aware you are using the anglicized forms of Abraham, Noah etc. shows the folly of your assertions.
For example, Greeks are aware that the Arabs call Alexander Al-Iskandariya...so any creative historian using Al-Iskandariya to create a story of an ancient conqueror of Arab origins would be called out real quick. Even Alexander is an anglicized form of Alexandrios...which is how the name is pronounced natively.
A visit to Macedonia would be suggested to cure him/her of such ignorance.

I called you and your 'supporters club' to provide native oral evidence of the personalities, events and locations you are all trying to transliterate into Yoruba.
I bet you are not well read enough to know there are experts who specialize in phonological and etymological analysis. With a lil bit of effort and imagination...human language is such that similarities in pronunciation and meaning can be established with almost any language!
That area is a wellknown forte pseudo historians and fake academicians.
It is only by establishing new or well known similarities in culture, religion, writing, politics etc. that accurate historical conclusions can be reached.

So what do the Yorubas call the planets Mercury, Jupiter or Venus or Sirius, Orion and the 12 zodiac signs?
And where are the temples they built to observe their movements across the sky?
What are the Yoruba religious observances or worship around these heavenly bodies that were a hallmark of anything Semitic?
While you are at it, provide proof that the Yorubas had a writing culture like all known Semitic peoples.

Thanks as I await your contributions.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
macof:

is it really falsehood? Pls show me where I erred

that's the thing, I want to learn from you oh knowledgable ones that's why I ask for evidence..I'm not too proud to admit I was mistaken

Present those records that Oduyoye published cus I'm not wasting my time and money to purchase a book I currently take as poo...you hold his book in high esteem already don't tell me you haven't read the book
I've read through the thread, I was mentioned there. sorry, it lacks the cultural and linguistic contents historical community would take seriously... Metaphysical can do better than that thread

why would you think I'd be against Yoruba having influence over the Semites? I just want to know what you are saying has any truth, I don't believe people's wild dreams

The records are there on the link of that thread opened by metaphysical. Go there and dispute if you have any truth or evidence to the contrary.

Sebi you said only isese have authority on origin of Yoruba, abi? We want to learn....bring your lessons, put up a show, the Eurasia people have brought dna evidence, brought linguistic evidence, theological evidence, cultural evidence, .....theyve quoted different authorities who have credibility and are leaders in society. You are yet to present ONE evidence or authoritative source.

Im not your opponent on this issue, that link on Oduyoye claims is your opponent, its filled with solid truth. I dare you to go there and prove that man wrong. Do it now.....
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by PabloAfricanus(m): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
macof:

macof is a bully

cheesy grin
You know a dude has lost the argument when he resorts to ad hominems.
A mere challenge to prove your point cannot be countenanced by someone claiming special knowledge he wants others to know about!
That bloke in typical African fashion expects no opposition to his creative fantasies.
Its the transliteration part that got me laughing Abiriyamu cheesy
Anything to soothe the feeling of inferiority in the face of overwhelming Arab and Jewish cultural hegemony!
I understand! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

Why result to ad hominems? Or are you one of those who cannot make a point without resorting to insults?
I called macof cos he was one of the posters before me, and I know him to be one of the authorities on Yoruba history on this forum.
How that translates into silly 'comrademanship' or 'always looking up to him' or 'looking for supporters club' is well beyond me. undecided

And stop being patronizing with all the philosophizing and advice...save it for those glorious occasions when someone awed by your great wisdom will solicite for it.
If you've not noticed this is not a thread on philosophy or elderly advice...but a thread on history or the lack thereof.

Provide plausible evidence that the peoples living the SW area of a British created country called Nigeria are descended from the Middle East.
See it like this, there are pyramids and megalithic buildings spread all over the British Isles, North Africa, South America, Russia, China, and the Middle East. Historians and archaeologists have dedicated their lives to establishing similarities between the cultures that shared such structures.
It can demonstrated today that Stonehenge in England, Newgrange in Ireland and the pyramids of the Incas,Aztecs and Mayas are all astronomical buildings. Experts have found that they are all built to be aligned to certain planets, constellations and stars.
The Mayas even left documents mapping the phases of the planet Venus thousands of years ago!
The trio of the Giza pyramids have been found to mirror the layout of the constellation Orion as it was thousands of years ago!
So it is safe to say that the peoples who built these megaliths and pyramids had advanced astronomical knowledge and undoubtedly had a stellar religion.

Should an attempt be made to suggest Fulanis for instance have advanced astronomical knowledge and a stellar religion, one of the concrete signs/evidences historians would look for is well known similarities...like scrolls, pyramids, megaliths, astronomical observations, names of planets and constellations...that are also found in similar cultures and peoples sharing such history.

You and some posters on this thread have made assertions, citing phonological similarities between some Yoruba words and some anglicized Semitic/Hebrew words.
The fact that you guys are not even aware you are using the anglicized forms of Abraham, Noah etc. shows the folly of your assertions.
For example, Greeks are aware that the Arabs call Alexander Al-Iskandariya...so any creative historian using Al-Iskandariya to create a story of an ancient conqueror of Arab origins would be called out real quick. Even Alexander is an anglicized form of Alexandrios...which is how the name is pronounced natively.

I called you and your 'supporters club' to provide native oral evidence of the personalities, events and locations you are all trying to transliterate into Yoruba.
I bet you are not well read enough to know there are experts who specialize in phonological and etymological analysis. With a lil bit of effort and imagination...human language is such that similarities in pronunciation and meaning can be established with almost any language!
It is only by establishing new or well known similarities in culture, religion, writing, politics etc. that accurate historical conclusions can be reached.

So what do the Yorubas call the planets Mercury, Jupiter or Venus or Sirius, Orion and the 12 zodiac signs?
What are the Yoruba religious observances or worship around these heavenly bodies that were a hallmark of anything Semitic?
While you are at it, provide proof that the Yorubas had a writing culture like all known Semitic peoples.

Try help break the lump to pieces, as you numbered the one you provided earlier and try be realistic.

I definitely know the version I'm given is anglicized variation of the terms in question, there are transliterations in Yoruba that has been explored in the past, which are the Hebrew variants.

Many ordinary Yoruba words has affinity with Anglo Saxon words, such as 'sun' in semblance of 'osan', and 'issue' in comparity to 'isun' and 'isan' to the 'ocean'. I'm not telling you that these means historical lot to me.

Meanwhile, expecting me to furnish you artifacts as proof is asking what you know you don't need to have to agree but to disagree.

How robust and developed is archeological studies in the country? What can turn out from the rubbles tomorrow no one knows.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

cheesy grin
A mere challenge to prove your point cannot be countenanced by someone claiming special knowledge he wants others to know about! That bloke in typical African fashion expects no opposition to his creative fantasies.
Anything to soothe the feeling of inferiority in the face of overwhelming Arab and Jewish cultural hegemony!
I understand! smiley

You felt this way all along and you kept quiet, I purposely draw you out with the insult, and to impress it upon you that I didn't go thus far to please you.

Now you can laugh out. Tell me what your mood say of your perception of my response to your enquiry?

Your quiet mockery and body language in your closet and happy banter does it portray you as a better scholar? Aren't your mockery ad hominem?cheesy

You have no regard for oral traditions, because it's worthless to you, but what you regarded I don't know it. Only the pyramid of Giza and co. is 'history worthy' to you.

I rather give a traditional position than what I feel like as history.

Abiriyanu is from Obara meji: if it makes you laugh, what is that to me? You want it to make you cry?

You can't expect me to change your believe system ingrained in you. What time was that ideals are not mocked and opposed?

Remember the Pharisees and sadusees, the epicureans and stoics and so on. People oppose ideas that's beyond them, as was with Galileo's trial.

Many times, the opposers are people whose cup is full, and they can't learn anything anymore, the proponents of new ideas are half-empty.

Meanwhile, knowledge continue before and after us to infinite eternity. What we know can't be compare to what elude us.

What if memoirs are left in songs and oral traditions? It must be exactly the way it is for thousand years to convince you. No weathering or permissible twists and distortions allowed.

I am telling you there are traditional evidence, I gave you stunners, but all I gave that you can see is derisive Abiriyamu.

And you still want more from me isn't it? Is your country the way it was in the slave trade era, tell me to proof that to you again.

Put your stuffs together and you will clearly see I'm right about your mentality.

Shame on all men scared to share their keen ideas before mockers without wit.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by MetaPhysical: 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

His supporters club is here. All you have typed up here is jibberish comparing apples and bananas.

No one is concerned with Greek snd Arab or astrology and Alexander. Focus on Ile-Ife, Afroasia, Yoruba and ancient Hebrew.

The first task for you is go to my thread, you and your supporters league and find holes in Dr Oduyoye's claims.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
MetaPhysical:

His supporters club is here. All you have typed up here is jibberish comparing apples and bananas.

No one is concerned with Greek snd Arab or astrology and Alexander. Focus on Ile-Ife, Afroasia, Yoruba and ancient Hebrew.

The first task for you is go to my thread, you and your supporters league and find holes in Dr Oduyoye's claims.

Thanks big brother,

God bless your wit.

You are an inspiration.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by macof(m): 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

cheesy grin
A mere challenge to prove your point cannot be countenanced by someone claiming special knowledge he wants others to know about!
That bloke in typical African fashion expects no opposition to his creative fantasies.
I understand! smiley
grin grin grin grin grin
Abiriyamu is our father Abraham
the guy would invent anything to make himself feel good

it's all inferiority complex, anything but just let me feel among my beloved jews

he doesn't realize, Abraham is just anglicized form of "Avrhm" pronounced "Avraham"

another funny one - Ebora is yoruba name for Abraham. where's the consistency?
giving too much attention to the "b" and ignoring the meaning of the name for similarities in sound

classic technical approach of pseudohistory and pseudolinguistics
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2015

Provide plausible evidence that
the peoples living the SW area of
a British created country called
Nigeria are descended from the
Middle East.
That's the topic for discussion
ok?

Are you sure I will give you a 'plausible information' on a free forum? I wonder how you think. Would I offer something valuable for free?

You will keep making fun and giggle till my opinion takes root. It's you that need to work on what to offer the public.

Given that I give you such, and you are convinced, what will you do with it?

See it like this, there are pyramids
and megalithic buildings spread
all over the British Isles, North
Africa, South America, Russia,
China, and the Middle East.

Historians and archaeologists
have dedicated their lives to
establishing similarities between
the cultures that shared such
structures.

It can demonstrated today that
Stonehenge in England,
Newgrange in Ireland and the
pyramids of the Incas,Aztecs and
Mayas are all astronomical
buildings.

Experts have found that
they are all built to be aligned to
certain planets, constellations and
stars.

The Mayas even left documents
mapping the phases of the planet
Venus thousands of years ago!
The trio of the Giza pyramids have
been found to mirror the layout of
the constellation Orion as it was
thousands of years ago!

So it is safe to say that the
peoples who built these megaliths
and pyramids had advanced
astronomical knowledge and
undoubtedly had a stellar religion.

You sound like it occur to you that the Celtics built Stonehenges, and recent Egyptians built the sphinx?

Your carefully crafted words and suspense studded stuff seems intending to deny this if the ruse foils.

one thing permeate the post, cunning. You don't want to think I'm a fool? You are a Google scholar. cheesy

Alright, the present Britons did not build Stonehenge, they inherited the site.

You don't mean you expect me to exhume Yoruba cognates in this places?

You want me to bring back Yoruba from a lost civilization that the inheritors lack explanations for?

First, ask the Brits to do likewise.

But since I'm a folklorist, I give you a tale that explain it better than the experts from the natives grin

The Devil bought the stones
from a woman in Ireland,
wrapped them up, and brought
them to Salisbury plain. One of
the stones fell into the Avon , the
rest were carried to the plain.

The Devil then cried out, "No-
one will ever find out how these
stones came here!" A friar
replied, "That’s what you think!",
whereupon the Devil threw one
of the stones at him and struck
him on the heel. The stone
stuck in the ground and is still
there.

Have you found the builders of pyramid of Giza in the first place? It's funny that the conclusion cited as 'fringe hypothesis' is where you want me to fetch you a historical proof.

Fringe hypotheses Orion correlation theory

Main article: Orion correlation
theory

The Orion correlation theory , as
expounded by popular authors
Graham Hancock and Robert
Bauval ,[17] is based on the
proposed exact correlation of
the three pyramids at Giza with
the three stars ζ Ori , ε Ori and
δ Ori , the stars forming Orion's
Belt , in the relative positions
occupied by these stars in
10500 BC.

The authors argue that the geographic relationship of the Sphinx, the Giza pyramids and the Nile directly
corresponds with Leo , Orion and
the Milky Way respectively.

Sometimes cited as an example
of pseudoarchaeology , the theory is at variance with mainstream scholarship. [18][19]

These two individuals, (Graham Hancock and Robert Bauva) are the 'world authorities' that synchronized all the wonders of the pyramids to 'Stella religion'.

You believe their 'pseudoarcheology', turning them to world experts, but have troubles believing my points....I'm made of black.

Lazy wiki-scholars.

Next...
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 6:14am On Dec 30, 2015

The fact that you guys are not even aware you are using the anglicized forms of Abraham, Noah etc. shows the folly of your assertions. [b]For example, Greeks are aware that the Arabs call Alexander Al-Iskandariya ...[/b]so any creative historian using Al-Iskandariya to create a story of an ancient conqueror of Arab origins would be called out real
quick. Even Alexander is an anglicized form
of Alexandrios...which is how the name is pronounced natively. A visit to Macedonia would be suggested to cure him/her of such ignorance.

When Alexander got to jerusalem, the priest showed him the book of Isaiah predicting his rise.

He spared the city from falling on the edge of the sword. Was his name written on the prophecy? No, but a fitting description.

The same linguistic phenomena responsible for Al-Isakandariya (Greeko-Arabism) is spot on, considering Abraham and Abiriyanu.

Yorubas tilt to anglican variants shows there are updates reflecting medieval contact and direction of flow.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 7:02am On Dec 30, 2015

I bet you are not well read enough to know there are experts who specialize
in phonological and etymological analysis. With a lil bit of effort and imagination...human language is such that similarities in pronunciation and meaning can be established with almost any language!
That area is a wellknown forte pseudo historians and fake academicians. It is only by establishing new or well known similarities in culture, religion, writing, politics etc. that accurate
historical conclusions can be reached.

Candid.

This curiosity must start from somewhere somehow by someone, a fake academician or pseudohistorian.

One man cannot become expert in all fields to prove a historical point.

Let the researchers have liberty to think, wander and seek within humanity.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."

That's a line from the statue of Liberty. People shouldn't be coerced to 'themsay'.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2015

So what do the Yorubas call the planets Mercury, Jupiter or Venus or Sirius, Orion and the 12 zodiac signs? And where are the temples they built to observe their movements across the sky? What are the Yoruba religious observances or worship around these heavenly bodies that were a hallmark of anything Semitic? While you are at it, provide proof that the Yorubas had a writing culture like all known Semitic peoples.

I think this was neccessitated by the fringe hypothesis that no longer counts.

Also, hebrew culture forbids this, I wonder why you don't know.

Modern written seems to have started with phoenicians

and that took mellenia to spread and diverge. Perhap chinese and egyptians logography can be excluded from this.

There are indications that ancient Yoruba were familiar with books.

Imeko slightly means writing skill, and the people observe a tradition called Iwe.

At such feast, indigens recites long oral ancestral traditions in poetry. The Ife folks also.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 8:36am On Dec 30, 2015
The ife observes odun idi, in connection with omola rere.

Iwe is contemporary Yoruba for book.

Where is the book that the imeko ought to be reading from, for alluding to iwe?

Where is the idi that should take centre stage whe edi is celebrated?

These articles are easily perishable and then to make another, must trek to egypt for papyrus. grin

little by little, the books, the scribes and reading culture fizzle out of circulation.

Who knows what chronicle was lost, the language of composition, celophon and time?

Who knows if its the language they meant to re-enact at their temples?

All we know is that iwe is a perfect description of scroll, and idi keenly depicts 'seal'.

Followers of Islam knows 'ikraw' 'read', and we the Yoruba knows 'ikoro'.

I am alluding to Arolu, as as a scion of hunters: ara resa, omobadu elekoro.

Maybe its not by accident that unilag was situated at 'akoka' ~ to write and read.

Mba dele arolu o, mba dele arolu, ojo l'oro nio da o, mba dele arolu.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
macof:

grin grin grin grin grin
Abiriyamu is our father Abraham
the guy would invent anything to make himself feel good

it's all inferiority complex, anything but just let me feel among my beloved jews

he doesn't realize, Abraham is just anglicized form of "Avrhm" pronounced "Avraham"

Hebrew is a branch of Semitic language and we are made to understand that Abraham came from Persia, where Aramaic is the language.

In Aramaic, Abba means father, and Abraham is meant to mean father of many nations. Can he be a father (Abba) without a root to B?

think about this, think out of the box. 'B' is almost the universal word for procreation. Ibn, Ben, Begat, Bi.

Yoruba favours B instead of V, hence it fizzled out of Yoruba language and alphabet. Let me demonstrate this for my audience.

Yoruba: Aba (farmhouse, father).
Egun: Avari (farmhouse).

Yoruba: Ebo (sacrifice).
Egu: Avor (sacrifice).

Yoruba: Abore (Chief priest).
Egun: Avose (chief priest).

Yoruba is of common origin with Egun language. This phenomenon tells me that human language is not cast in metallic letterset.

Abiriyamu is taken from obara meji. Note B, R. Anibi, Niran. Obara, or 'A bi ara', father of brethren' so to say. A hint there is in IFA,

Adia fun onibara,
o yagan o ya 'pata,
o r'omo l'eyin ediye,
o bu puru s'ekun.

Oju omo nii pon bara.

another funny one - Ebora is yoruba name for Abraham. where's the consistency?

Here is the consistency: ebora has not been assigned to any element, it is idle in Yoruba pantheon. If not, you will be shouting god of something now.

Let's take a review from IFA once more, this time from odu oturupondi. It says and I quote:

Oturupondi yi eyin o p'omo re,
e ribi orunmila gbe soro be si.

ibi tologbon meji bati gbe nsoro,
okolo tinbe nibe a d'ofo,
adia fun atori rojorojo,
ti s'eru akora ebora.

Hope you are able to see 'atori' in there? What does that reminds you? Egba, Itori, Tori, Torinu. Atori literally means 'one who goes over the river'.

Atori means Oba in Egun, meaning king in Yoruba. No wonder the Tori describes themselves as Ahovi, meaning offspring of the king.

Ato, asue, apakrioko.

Which people goes about with atori in Yoruba? Egun. The hints always connect. That's the consistency, it's beyond what your low IQ can fathom.

giving too much attention to the "b" and ignoring the meaning of the name for similarities in sound

classic technical approach of pseudohistory and pseudolinguistics

The joke is on you, the /b/ is the backbone of the name, Abba father. Hope you know where your friend got the idea of the pseudonyms from?

I see it's your new funky flare.

Siamese fool.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by lawani: 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
Abraham was not a Jew neither did he understand any Semitic. Language. He was a citizen of Nimrod's Sumeria. He spoke Sumerian, a language which some say is an ancestor of Indian Tamil. So Abraham might be proto Hindu. I think his name might be a form of Brahmin, the highest Hindu caste. Some say he followed the deity Ram. The Sumerians ir written records have stories pointing to a lost human civilization that was advanced just like the oral history of Ot u Ife in the Ifa corpus but their own was written down thousands of years ago, so it is fuller and more elaborate, though obviously derived from folklore too. They all refer to Atlantis, Ot u Ife and the city of the Annunakis as the Sumerians called it.

Don't be dragging us back to Abraham who lived only 5 thousand years ago. I believe the Ife calendar was inaugurated thesame year Ot u Ife was sunk or destroyed. That would be 10060 years ago by next year.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
May this 'new year in the corner' be filled to the brim with good things of heaven and awesome riches of the land for us.

Glory honour hallelujah.
I can't wait to be there.

Joy to the wise, joy to me.
I refuse to be a fool blown hither thither.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by MetaPhysical: 4:59am On Jan 01, 2016
2prexios:
May this 'new year in the corner' be filled to the brim with good things of heaven and awesome riches of the land for us.

Glory honour hallelujah.
I can't wait to be there.

Joy to the wise, joy to me.
I refuse to be a fool blown hither thither.

Amen!
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by 2prexios: 7:38am On Jan 01, 2016
MetaPhysical:

Amen!

Hm,

For all those time you stand by me,

for all the truth that you made me see,

for all the joy you brought to my life,

I am blessed because I am

liked by you.

Wise man.

Thanks for the values you've brought to my life metaphysical.

You are special, great soul.

wa s'arole baba re o,

wa sa'role yeye re ye, k'ori je o pe l'aye

Omoluwabi, igba odun Odun kan.
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by MetaPhysical: 5:34am On Jan 02, 2016
2prexios:

Hm,

For all those time you stand by me,

for all the truth that you made me see,

for all the joy you brought to my life,

I am blessed because I am

liked by you.

Wise man.

Thanks for the values you've brought to my life metaphysical.

You are special, great soul.

wa s'arole baba re o,

wa sa'role yeye re ye, k'ori je o pe l'aye

Omoluwabi, igba odun Odun kan.

Ase Edumare.

I am at all times impressed and grateful for your presence here. I am also very appreciative for your generosity and kindness of heart to share and stimulate curiosity. I have learnt a lot following you, there can be no doubt, even your opponents gain knowlddge from their interaction with you.

You are a force, a rare one...

Ajanaku ti 'n mi 'gbo kijikiji
Okin l'olori eye igbe, Iwo lo ma je Olori fun egbe
Oju o ni ti o
Edumare ko mu ire ko e
Orunmila ko si ilekun idunnu fun e
Ela a mu ayo ati alafia to e.

l'agbara Baba Loke.

Mo ki o, Mo ki ra mi
Mo yo fun o, M o yo fun ra mi.
Eku Odun...Odun a yabo o!
Re: Yoruba Origin Revisited by geosegun(m): 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2016

hey dudu negro,

we are getting somewhere, in fact what you are given are the fact itself, as to ur. my technique is this, i will not push my point about the pointer, Orun, because if i am right and you think exactly what i am thinking (as to Orun)...this is how i think in that respect "fact is homeless, it can come from anywhere, if two people from different point agree on one point, it may contain 80% of the truth." excluding Herbert Spencer and Charles Darwin evolution theory.

preambles
I know Yoruba are Semitic people, but i wont push that pointer, let the fact speak. now i know also, Orun is Ur, but i wont push that either, because it is an ancient link that tells of where Yoruba's ancestors' ancestors came from. if i push Orun as Ur,i got the earliest ancestors which are the ancestors of Yoruba ancestors. i am not interested much in Yoruba ancestors' ancestors for now, but on Yoruba ancestors. if Orun is Ur, then Yoruba are followers of Abraham.

introduction
One day, while looking at a calendar of an obituary, i saw something that baffle me about an oriki of the decease man, there it was written "omo akaimeye irawo" which means, "scion of the one who counts countless stars". before, i used to be Muslim, but i changed because the overwhelming evidence preached to me, i began to feel like Jesus Christ was teaching Yoruba History via "the parable of the prodigal son." it aptly apply to Yorubas in diaspora, those who went into slavery. not only that reading Isaiah make me felt he was lamenting the loss of Yoruba and her neighbours.

hypothesis
why do i say Yoruba are Semitic people? the Yoruba talk of their antiquity as "i-Shem-baye" what that means literally is ishem begot the world or "shem is the father of the world.[/size][size=8pt]" if that is Yoruba for antiquity, you know what it means. Jesus Christ speaks of a particular time "when he come to himself" that is when Yoruba religion will witness transformation, and its what "surat (110) nasr" may be talking about(that's a huge joke, please)...all things are possible.

now why i deviated from ife origin is simply that somewhere else exist in yoruba origin, i want a far-reaching investigations, believing that ife is the cradle of civilization is just limiting the works that the ancestors ought to be praised for for coming this far all because we've got "wuru-wuru to the answer" explanations to replace the works of ancient scribes.

Do not be troubled by ifa verses, i believe there are correspondent words scattered across Yoruba land, the import of ifa is simply for guide, as its colophons honours the ancient Yoruba scribes who put its records together. we cant tell Yoruba history behind these great scribes of old.

Ise n ba la'ye is equivalent to Ise ti mo ba laye - Which literally translate to Tradition/Practices/deeds/customs that I met on ground[size=8pt][/size] or inherited. please let us try to understand he yoruba words and diction properly so as not to complicate our histories.

quote me anywhere

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Linguistic Diversity In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse? / Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Security Agencies To Arrest Any Hate-Preacher / Why Do White People Only Know Yoruba Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.