Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans (33732 Views)

Five Amazing Extinct Creatures That Aren’t Dinosaurs / Russian Billionaire Plans To immortalize Humans By 2045 / We Thought Giants Were Mythical Creatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Vansnickers: 3:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
sureteeboy: This post is simply insultive to the bible. Didn't Methuselah live for 965 yrs.

Abeg, take your Myth somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by adexsimply(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
This Geoduck of a guy sure looks familiar grin grin grin
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by adexsimply(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
kingjohnny: In all these yet none nave lived like Melchizedek...
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by taiocol: 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2013
we get person of 138 yrs or so in my village nt 1 or 2. No joke. Rubish post
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Dermie: 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
mtprofessor5: wetin i wan live do for 120yrz?
grin count your beardsgrin
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by adexsimply(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
taiocol: we get person of 138 yrs or so in my village nt 1 or 2. No joke. Rubish post
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by danchuzzy(m): 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

why must religion be introduced into everything? education is the key
The key indeed.
last time i checkd d Bible was, is and would continue to b the most educational book... ask men like Isaac Newton, Charles Babbage and the rest of them http://icr.org/article/185/ for more
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by ozoemeka(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
Rap maestro: *WALKS IN WITH STAFF MADE FROM OKIJA JUJU's NECK BONE* ME NKO? 987 years

The madam at the top is a creature also? ha
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Stundey(m): 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Dirty Minded people . . . tongue
your own mind dirty pass his own bcoz he hasn't stated wat it luk lyk and u've got it grin
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by MaziOmenuko: 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
indoorlove: i just visited your blog, nice piece of articles u hv got there

Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I hope you dropped a comment.
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by MaziOmenuko: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
adexsimply: This Geoduck of a guy sure looks familiar

gringringringrin u no well, at all!!!!

1 Like

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2013
fittty: Lies! How do they determine their ages

They ask them
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Diasporan(m): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
How do they arrive at the ages of the various sea creatures especially when they are not preserved against extinction?Just thinking
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by adexsimply(m): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

gringringringrin u no well, at all!!!!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by purpinkx(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
When it was oldest human turn ... They confirmed from record ... Animal turn is carbon dating ... Tell me is that not animalism ?
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by abduldope(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
who cares....mtchwwww odinary GRass!!! Hehehehe lwkm
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Tonbrazeal(m): 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
Choi..
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
adexsimply: This Geoduck of a guy sure looks familiar grin grin grin

You've had that before ni?

Breakfast in bed? wink
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Very interesting. That mama tried o! And the whale..actually looked its age! cheesy But what's with the "duck" thing?
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by techmymoney(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2013

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by adexsimply(m): 7:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You've had that before ni?

Breakfast in bed? wink
I think you are even more familiar with it..right? wink wink
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Okaakoko(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
emmysenior: No matter how you'd try to cook the tortoise, the meat no go done. Mtcheeeww...
try pressure pot
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by rhames(m): 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
how about the over three hundred year old tortoise at the Alafin of Oyo's palace at Ibadan Nigeria? These white people dont regard anything about Africa at all.
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by yawkusi: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
sureteeboy: This post is simply insultive to the bible. Didn't Methuselah live for 965 yrs.

We are talking about age we can verify sir. Not some religious superstition. In any case the human body cannot be vailable for that length of time. The Methuselah claim in the bible is a suspect.

1 Like

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by starmehigh: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
There's a woman in my village that lived for 176
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by adetsim(m): 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
si-ultimate:
NUMBER 11. The Giant Tortoise inside Ogbomoso palace

Thanks for mentioning this. I had had it in mind as I was reading this post. The tortoise inside Ogbomosho palace could have been listed here as well. I think the tortoise should be getting close to 400 years by now. Big in size as well.
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by babadem2much(m): 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
where una stay d count dia age 4 water abi una follow dem live dia
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Leyqute(m): 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
undecided@OP how meni of dem old pas ME-THU-SE-LAH?? undecided
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by adconline(m): 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
Rap maestro: carbon dating is not always correct...
So is "bible dating" more accurate? Who determined Metusellah's age?
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by NiccoC(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
dis post ain't entirely correct though the bowhead whale part is kinda true. d pacific giant clam lives for more than 500years and they just grow bigger as they get older. the oldest discovered was 405years old. another is d glass sponge which can live for, believe it or not, more than 10,000years. so wen we humans were still busy trying to evolve from unicellular organisms, these sponges jst said f**k evolution, nd remained d same way ever since
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 22, 2013
sir rinky:

You are either very dull or a stark illiterate.Who says the ages in bible records have not been verified? If you are as smart as you think you are then you would realise that accurate scientific data always agree with the bible.

Paste or give us a link about the verification of methuselas age!! mumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch NASA Pour 2 Million Litres Of Water Onto Its Launch Pad In Under A Minute / USA: Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse To Rise On Election Day ( Pics) / Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.