Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. (3087 Views)

Doyin Okupe List Road Networks Constructed By FG In The Last 9 Years / Yari Abubakar, Martins Elechi, Nigerias Youngest & Oldest Governors Respectively / Improving Road Networks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hmmm....the roads up there ain't good but that doesn't mean those are how ebonyi/abakaliki roads are.
Last time i went there, there is a dualised road that started from UBEB(Universal Basic Education Board) and stopped at Spera In Deo. It was a smooth journey at that point, also the double lane road from Presco Junction to Government house, down to Mile50 is good. The roads are good. The governor has also constructed over 20bridges in the various Local Governments. Aimsadto transport foods from LGs to the city for sales). There is also this Ocho Udo city and over 10 storey International Market under construcion, plus a 10megawatts powerplant that will be strong enough power the Ocho Udo city all day. All these are still under construction and realizable before the end of his 8 years tenure in May 2015.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Why everywhere come red like this?
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
I wish i was still in the state... Gosh, had to take some photos.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
ilugunboy: Why everywhere come red like this?
Bet it was during the rainy season. The colour of their soil makes some roads dirty. These red soils where rice are cultivated on are scattered on some roads by the contractors at work, some vehicles...e.t.c.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Garri the 1st: All the citizens of the state are in Lagos, so constructing good roads will be a waste...

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I get your point. So you are insinuating that no good roads should be constructed in the state simply because the people don't stay there?
When the roads become motorable and business activities boom, the citizens will surely return, counting on the fact that Igbos love environments fit enough for huge obtainable profits in their businesses.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Gbawe: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
@OP

The main roads appear motorable to me i.e we don't see the deep potholes and gullies that make many Nigerian roads unusable nightmares and death traps.

Granted,the overall environmental look is not great but I don't think most of the roads you showed can be deemed terrible for what roads do.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Ngwakwe: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
Wherever their census allocations go there they belong.

They were encouraged to stay in Lagos for head count to attract increased Federal allocation

That's All

Garri the 1st: All the citizens of the state are in Lagos, so constructing good roads will be a waste...

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Bet it was during the rainy season. The colour of their soil makes some roads dirty. These red soils where rice are cultivated on are scattered on some roads by the contractors at work, some vehicles...e.t.c.

Whatever it's is ..this is obviously a sub-par...they need to put bitumen to cover up all the red mud everywhere.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
Make i leave Ebonyi alone shah...for a state created in 1996. they are still organizing things and building a solid foundation from which development can arise.
Make una cultivate more rice ooo...
Naija gotta quit importing rice from China.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

Whatever it's is ..this is obviously a sub-par...they need to put bitumen to cover up all the red mud everywhere.
Tell that to the governor and contractors. It ain't my job, though I aree with you.
We on Nairaland shall look at it when it gets done(i.e if it is even under construction)
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Ngwakwe: 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
Instead of this Abakiliki stand still why not bring the beauty of Afikpo
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by mensdept: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
Very good for Ebonyi people. Sam Egwu was "governor" for 8 years, and now Elechi for how many years now, and this is the joy of having them instead of those Hausa Wing Commanders in those days ruling as state admin.

Also there was the local chap called Pius Anyim, the senate presido and Government Sec with his 5 mansions in his village. I'm sure he's enjoying the world class structures in his state like Senators in Canada and the US.

Fools and thieves
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Afam4eva(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Was this thread created to highlight the de-development strides of Martin Elechi or to mock him?

I just can't wait for the old man to leave and give way for a young and vibrant governor.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Freewilly(f): 1:22am On Jun 22, 2013
I can't believe by now that most people still don't realize that the OP is not from Abakaliki and he opened this senseless thread just to be silly.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 22, 2013
Freewilly: I can't believe by now that most people still don't realize that the OP is not from Abakaliki and he opened this senseless thread just to be silly.

Look at this bloody traveler who just complained on another thread about Fashola in Lagos. I am surprised you are taking offense to what the OP posted here. Bloody hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Freewilly(f): 2:15am On Jun 22, 2013
WOW!! I have a stalker following me from thread to thread. Excuse me NL, when did it become a bad thing to be a traveler

My stalker keeps calling me a traveler like it's something bad.
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by EkoIle1: 3:04am On Jun 22, 2013

Government Secondary School, Afikpo: road leading from the main gate to the Assembly Hall

Assembly Hall at Government Secondary School, Afikpo

Inside Government Secondary School, Afikpo

Inside Government Secondary School, Afikpo
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by EkoIle1: 3:11am On Jun 22, 2013

View of Afikpo from Amuro Roundabout

Afikpo motor park
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by CyberG: 3:38am On Jun 22, 2013
Wow!! shocked shocked. Going by the way ibos complain on NL, you'd think every square inch of Iboland is not just tarred but covered in gold and diamonds! My surprisation! Well, I have been to almost all ibo states anyway and lived in Imo State so I know better. For the ibos upset kindly help criticize other non-ibo states in the SW like Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, etc. Those places need even more unprecedented attention and development. Also remember to pay your taxes to the state governments. Thank you as you comply!
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by EkoIle1: 3:42am On Jun 22, 2013
CyberG: Wow!! shocked shocked. Going by the way ibos complain on NL, you'd think every square inch of Iboland is not just tarred but covered in gold and diamonds! My surprisation! Well, I have been to almost all ibo states anyway and lived in Imo State so I know better. For the ibos upset kindly help criticize other non-ibo states in the SW like Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, etc. Those places need even more unprecedented attention and development. Also remember to pay your taxes to the state governments. Thank you as you comply!

We call them villagers for a reason,... smh...
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

We call them villagers for a reason,... smh...

Lmaoooooo grin
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 22, 2013
CyberG: Wow!! shocked shocked. Going by the way ibos complain on NL, you'd think every square inch of Iboland is not just tarred but covered in gold and diamonds! My surprisation! Well, I have been to almost all ibo states anyway and lived in Imo State so I know better. For the ibos upset kindly help criticize other non-ibo states in the SW like Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, etc. Those places need even more unprecedented attention and development. Also remember to pay your taxes to the state governments. Thank you as you comply!

I think the reason they're allowed to make noise is because many Yorubas no dey live in iboland to post pix on Nl

We go change am soon sad
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 22, 2013
Osama10: I bet the OP meant village class. grin

Lmaooooo grin
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

View of Afikpo from Amuro Roundabout

Afikpo motor park

Omo Eki, tell me this is a joke shocked
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by EkoIle1: 3:58am On Jun 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Omo Eki, tell me this is a joke shocked

That's more like their center of town as in downtown..

I'm telling you, that state is a glorified Local Government..
Re: World Class Road Networks & Hospital In Abakaliki, Built By Gov Elechi. by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 22, 2013

The Igbo Governors are the richest in Nigeria for obvious reason that they divert money meant for development of their land into personal accounts. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know Igbo land is a dead area. It is obvious for the smart ones to recorgnize that the reason why more than 70% young Igbo men and women live in South-west and Northern part of Nigeria is because there is absolutely nothing going on in their land. The only states changing faces are Imo in the last one year and Enugu in the last four years. The other Igbo states are "glorified local government" area. Why would able person just run away from their land if not to seek a beter life where it exists? You don't just leave your home to seek shelter elsewhere if nothing wrong with your home. The annoying part is that; most Igbo people who live in southwest complain about any progress that happens in southwestern states. There are few of them who are very honest when it comes to explaining what they have in their land. My father has 4 Igbo tenants who occupy our flats. These guys have been there for more than eight years. Most of the ones on nairaland live in Lagos but hate Lagos indegenes for reasons I haven't been able to grasp.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Members Killed By Nigerian Troops At Konduga "GRAPHIC PHOTOS" / Who Owns Central Bank Of Nigeria? / Tragic! Myles Munroe, Wife Killed In Airplane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.