Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement (6988 Views)

Idris Wada Of PDP Begins Campaign (Photos) / PDP Begins Online Registration Of Members / Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2013
INTENSE political consultations, manoeuvrings and horse-trading have continued at the highest level within the Southeast geo-political zone of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in search of a suitable replacement to Chief Olisa Metuh, the erstwhile National Publicity Secretary of the party.

Metuh, who was among the embattled top egg-heads of the party that were forced to resign their positions was caught at the wrong side of emotions of the geo-political zone for a catalogue of reasons.These include alleged incompetence, inaccessibility, aloofness and insensitivity to the needs, aspirations and expectations of his people.

A founding father of the party in the state, Chief Nnadubem Nwakwesi from Nnewi and who addressed journalists in Awka yesterday disclosed that Metuh was a let down to the zone , as he shot his doors to the people the moment he got into the office.

He stated that the former publicity secretary rendered himself completely inaccessible to every segment of government and people from the zone, and that he proved to be incompetent in such a high and very demanding office and was no match for a fire-brand like Alhaji Lai Mohammed of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), who was constantly on top of his game.

Nwakwesi disclosed that Mohammed had constantly remained miles ahead of Metuh, who tottered behind with lame excuses, instead of keeping other opposition parties on their toes.

“Metuh is no match to Chief Lai Mohammed who has become the hallmark of political opposition in contemporary Nigeria political history. He has made a Lilliput out of Metuh.

Southeast has budding fire-brand public relations experts who could dictate the pace for other parties to follow,” he said.

He named Chief Okey Muo-Aroh and Chief Chike Udenze as good and able materials,who could fit into the vacant seat.

Another stakeholder, Mr. Isaac Ezufoh, who is from Ideani, described Muo-Aroh, a former elected Idemili North Council Chairman and a founding father of the party in the state, as “capable and able party man who regularly accepts any challenging party assignment”.

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=14680
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
Can anyone else be compared to Lai Mohammed? I don't think so!
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 22, 2013
berem: Can anyone else be compared to Lai Mohammed? I don't think so!

Doyin Okupe will have something to say about that.
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 22, 2013
CFCfan:

even Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati joined together cannot be compared to Lai Mohammed. Not at all! grin

4 Likes

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 22, 2013
berem: even Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati joined together cannot be compared to Lai Mohammed. Not at all! grin
grin
'Liar' Mohammed has been routed in the past.
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 22, 2013
berem:

INTENSE political consultations, manoeuvrings
and horse-trading have continued at the highest
level within the Southeast geo-political zone of
the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in search of
a suitable replacement to Chief Olisa Metuh, the
erstwhile National Publicity Secretary of the party.

Intense consultations and maneuvering just for the mere post of a publicity secretary? Is this the level of politics the south east wants to play at the national level? Intensely scrambling for worthless positions like the office of the publicity secretary and what not? Such a shame.
After the main players are done eating the meat, they call the south east and give them the bones.
I really feel pity for the south east, its a shame the zone is so naive, confused and immature politically. They're neither here nor there, always shifting goal posts and getting ridiculed during electioneering years.
What a shame

1 Like

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by gregg2: 2:55am On Jun 22, 2013
Metuh in my opinion was really no match for the likes of Doyin Okupe, Lie Muhammed and Ruben Abati. Even Gulak appeared to have also done better. In most cases, these Presidency assistants had intervened on issues that were supposed to be handled by the party spokesman.

1 Like

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by gregg2: 2:57am On Jun 22, 2013

The guy lies alot, cry wolf and raises alarm unneccessarily. That is what helps him.

1 Like

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 22, 2013
gregg2:

The guy lies alot, cry wolf and raises alarm unneccessarily. That is what helps him.
What would you say about Doyin Okupe?

2 Likes

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Ngwakwe: 7:39am On Jun 22, 2013
Adanna, please adjust to title to read South East PDP

1 Like

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: Adanna, please adjust to title to read South East PDP
I copied exactly what i saw. Well, lemme modify it as you suggested.
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Ngwakwe: 8:26am On Jun 22, 2013
Thanks for your understanding.

berem: I copied exactly what i saw. Well, lemme modify it as you suggested.
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2013
Olisah metuh was not asked to resign because of incompetence or anyother reason listed in that APC sponsored write-up. But was asked to go alongside other PDP NEC officers by INEC because of their manner of emergence.No matter what anyone says once th 'powers that be' are pleased with him.He ll surely return at the PDP conevention next month

1 Like

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by gregg2: 9:16am On Jun 22, 2013
chukwudi44: Olisah metuh was not asked to resign because of incompetence or anyother reason listed in that APC sponsored write-up. But was asked to go alongside other PDP NEC officers by INEC because of their manner of emergence.No matter what anyone says once th 'powers that be' are pleased with him.He ll surely return at the PDP conevention next month

We know. I am a GEJ supporter because I believe apart from the Boko Haram setback the country is moving ahead. Olisa Metuh should step up his game even if the party decides to return him.
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nwajiogeri(f): 9:52am On Jun 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: Adanna, please adjust to title to read South East PDP
i think a more befitting title should be 'ANAMBRA PDP'. Its obvious all the candidates they are considering are from the state. They actualy believe they are the definition of south east
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by ZUBY77(m): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2013
Vita Abba will probably replace him. quote me
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by ewet: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2013
CFCfan:

They are miles apart. Lai mohammed and the mad attack dog Okupe. NO WAY!

1 Like

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2013
Next topic please mtcheeeew undecided
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by ewet: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2013
J12:

Intense consultations and maneuvering just for the mere post of a publicity secretary? Is this the level of politics the south east wants to play at the national level? Intensely scrambling for worthless positions like the office of the publicity secretary and what not? Such a shame.
After the main players are done eating the meat, they call the south east and give them the bones.
I really feel pity for the south east, its a shame the zone is so naive, confused and immature politically. They're neither here nor there, always shifting goal posts and getting ridiculed during electioneering years.
What a shame

The SE had always had the problem of aligning with the center at all cost. From the beginning of Nigerian politics the SE has always found it unthinkable to be in the opposition and it is in their best interest to align with whichever party is in the center at all cost no matter how undesirable.

The moment the SE realises tht thy need to take their destiny into their own hands like the SW has done the better for them.Then thy will bcom more relevant and not bcom willing pawns in the hands of others.

3 Likes

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by dridowu: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2013
I nominate Okija Juju and Yuzedo (banana ice land) to rep us will NLs in PDP. I hope GEJ would consider them as their spokeme(a)n
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Willgates(m): 10:43am On Jun 22, 2013
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 22, 2013
How can nairalanders submit their CVs?
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2013
are you gonna keep that papa wemba of a lai mohamed (or is it vice versa self) outta whats on da floor? Of what relevance is the comparison? You are talkin about da replacement and commenting firstly about another or you wanna offer da papa wemba for Metuh's job?

2 Likes

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by olawalemanog: 11:15am On Jun 22, 2013
J12:

What a shame
Ah! What a shame...you still have this "national cake" mentality...

2 Likes

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by olawalemanog: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2013
gregg2:

And yet he has given the PDP sleepless nights and made the Presidency reverse some of their anti-people programs.
You may not like him, but the man is a successful professional.
And, as for you, i wonder what the truth is, because i think you are somehow programmed...you really need help.

3 Likes

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by olawalemanog: 11:26am On Jun 22, 2013
gregg2: Metuh in my opinion was really no match for the likes of Doyin Okupe, Lie Muhammed and Ruben Abati. Even Gulak appeared to have also done better. In most cases, these Presidency assistants had intervened on issues that were supposed to be handled by the party spokesman.
Do you wantcthe to give what he does not have? That he is working agaist his conscience is not enough for you, what else do you want from a psychologically expired man?
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by gerald09(m): 11:36am On Jun 22, 2013
Nwajiogeri:
i think a more befitting title should be 'ANAMBRA PDP'. Its obvious all the candidates they are considering are from the state. They actualy believe they are the definition of south east
But I tot they kinda are d definition of south east. They have played a major role in the south east since independent so dey deserve d title.
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by olusola200: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2013
WHAT ABOUT THE SO CALLED CHAIRMAN TUKUR ?
Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by ketoprofen(m): 11:45am On Jun 22, 2013

Your misyarn is getting too much. in as much as Metuh isnt doing well, what personality is there to the kind Lai Mohammed?

1 Like

Re: South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement by Policewoman(f): 11:47am On Jun 22, 2013
Ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akpabio Has Ruined Pdp's Chances / HAPPENING NOW IN PORTHARCOURT, PROTEST BY IPOB MEMBERS PICTURES / $2.1B Arms Fund: How Fayose Received N1.2billion – witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.