Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,868 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (721604 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Osu was one of those things one could not overcome with power.
It was engraved into the system and each time the issue of it comes up in a marriage, it would be muted as if the people involved committed crime.

I didn’t know the origin of Osu, i grew up to meet it like every other human being from my generation. I heard that it had something to do with olden days local slavery but it grew with time and refused to be eradicated.

The Osu clans were not regarded as equals with the non Osu people.

It was the reason why the Igbos were not encourage to get married on the road, the kinsmen usually wanted to do some verifications before approving of the marriage.
One of the reasons was that back in the olden days, a woman was expected to remain married to the husband’s family even if the husband died a week after marriage.
As such, it was said in Igbo, that one person does not marry a wife.

It wasn’t actually that one couldnt go ahead and marry an Osu Woman, Of course the Osu were normal people like everyone else. They went to school like us, fetched water and firewood from the same places like us, used the same market and Church and everything else.
But when a man decided, out of being sturbon, to marry an Osu girl, he would not have the support of his kinsmen. He would have to take care of the marriage alone. He would have to hire people to go with him for the marriage.

It was a pity that such thing still existed and it was something that needed collective action, though i doubt it would ever happen.

Chinyere didn’t follow me to Onitsha. She stood and watched as the Hilux left the compound while i followed them with my BMW. I promised to call her as soon as i got there and reminded her that she would be coming whenever she wanted.

I didn’t plan to run away from her. I only felt that she lived too close for my comfort.
Things got to a stage where she would sleep in my place for the entire week.
She would go down to her own place in the morning and did some work for the mother but when it was evening or afternoon, depending on her time, she would return upstairs.
She took over my Kitchen and Clean up.
We were practically married, just that we haven’t performed the marriage rites.

I liked Chinyere a lot. She never nag me down like most girls did. She would just understand and obey each time i told her that i needed some space to write or read something.
She never asked me to quit smoking weed.
Perhaps those restrictions would eventually come the moment i sent drinks to her kinsmen. Women were like that all over the Black Race.
They would pretend they didn’t care about what you eat or the people you moved with until after the marriage, then they would show you the hidden characters.

The new place i moved to in Awada Onitsha wasn’t our house. I rented it like i did in Asaba. It was another three bedroom apartment, situated on the second floor of the five story building.
It was a nice house but the problem was that there Was no running water.
The bastard Landlord only cared for money. The comfort of the tenants wasn’t his concern.

Two days after i moved in, i confronted him with the idea of digging a Bore-Hole to supply water to the house.
After yelling at me, she said she would only do that if the tenants would increase the house rent from 15000 a month to 20000.
I tried to get the opinions of the tenants but nobody wanted to pay such amount.

I had no option than to buy a plastic drum. I would then pay some kids to fill it with water every three days.

Chinyere eventually came from Asaba after one month of constant bombardment with calls.
I initially told her that i wasn’t in town but at a stage, i had to let her come. The good news was that her visits were now controlled unlike when we lived together in the same compound.

She spent the entire weekend and left on a Monday.
We had serious discussion in which i told her to start looking for admission in a Polytechnic. I promised to pay her initial fees which i was sure would be up to N100, 000 or more.
Somehow, that promise relaxed our relationship. She stopped throwing herself at me.

Life went on. I would go to the spare parts market whenever i wanted.
We had managed to secure a new warehouse permanently. We would offload our goods there and sold to the retailers.
I saw the need for me there and arranged a small corner with a laptop and android phones.

Since i didn’t do much in the warehouse except browsing the internet, i would read posts on Nairaland and Facebook.
I would open Google search and Google up courses that could improve me as a person.
I would read history and geography online.
I would argue on nairaland and some other forums.

Then one day, i stumbled on a Story by a certain Mazi Omenuko on nairaland.
It was a story about how he traveled to Calabar to meet with a friend but ran into a girl.
The story was filled with sexual scenes and i was impressed.
After the story, i read another story of his about his experience at the NYSC camp somewhere in Kogi State.
Then i followed him to a thread he created where people posted sexual stories.

I started posting some sexual stories there as well and when Mazi read some of my stories, he advice me to create a new thread for mine since he thought they were good.

That was how the thread “There And Back On Time” was created on nairaland.

Initially, i started the story with the intention of posting sexual scenes but an idea came.
The idea was to make the story very comprehensive for readers.
I felt that if i tell stories about my life Journey, it would still cover some sexual scenes.

“There and Back on Time” became a hit a few days after i started it.
People became impressed and waited for updates to come.
The pressure became higher every day but i coped.

That was how you came to know about Zuby77.
Yes, that was the beginning of what you read today.

But like i said in day one, Half of the stories has not yet been told.

…….. But yet, there was no Place like home

Dedicated to MaziOmenuko of the NYSC fame.
.... Culled from the book "No Place like home"

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:40am On Apr 12, 2015
Season 11 may kick off in June
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Holyman3(m): 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
I have been reading this thread as a guest. I can't help but register here to comment on the thread. You are the bomb.
I swear you can compete with Wole Soyinka on a level playing field.
You style is amazing. You made writing look so easy to read.

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2015
Holyman3:
I have been reading this thread as a guest. I can't help but register here to comment on the thread. You are the bomb.
I swear you can compete with Wole Soyinka on a level playing field.
You style is amazing. You made writing look so easy to read.

Welcome to the Life On The Run

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by amtalkin(f): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2015
wow i didn't know there is a story like this on Nairaland
i just started still at the first page
zuby77 i hope some of the posts wouldn't be removed soon?

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
amtalkin:
wow i didn't know there is a story like this on Nairaland
i just started still at the first page
zuby77 i hope some of the posts wouldn't be removed soon?

Welcome to Life on the Run. You just stumbled on the best thing you will ever read on the Internet.

Don't worry, we have our story on our website. www.globalruns.com
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Holyman3(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
ZUBY77:

Welcome to the Life On The Run

Thank you sir.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Holyman3(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2015
Please Sir, it would be good if you get this thread to the front page
This is far better than most stories I have read there.

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ritababe(f): 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hmmmm this story making frontpage after a year

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by SIRANDREWS: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
Zuby, after years of struggle, we finally made front page. Congrats!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by atilla(m): 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
One of the few sexuality threads to reach front page. Well done Zuby

Modified:
If your just reading this story for the first time get ready for sleepless nights, red eyes and your phone battery dying regularly cause once u start 'running' u ain't gonna stop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by DoroMega: 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
Frontpage after how many years.Read on his site to enjoy the stories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
atilla:
One of the few sexuality threads to reach front page.
Well done boss
Now on literature section.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Chrisx1x(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
What? Fp? I tort i was dreaming...after such a long time??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by April07: 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
Where are they?! Chicent, Skoloppy, Lancelot, mz Stella! tongue tongue all of you shu come out

Cc: Uncle Zuby77 wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by cybug: 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
The most interesting stories ever told in Nairaland. wink

Big ups, zuby77

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by SIRANDREWS: 7:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ozoigbondu 1 of Berlin

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by write2obi(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
What exactly is this doing on frontpage tongue AGANI!!! undecided
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by zimoni(f): 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

We made front page eventually.

Nice one there from Oga Moderator.

God bless zuby77.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Lanceslot(m): 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
April07:
Where are they?! Chicent, Skoloppy, Lancelot, mz Stella! tongue tongue all of you shu come out

Cc: Uncle Zuby77 wink
Yeessss we made it baby, we made it *gives her a passionate kiss*. I've been reading this story for up to 2yrs now and I'm proud to tell the new readers that this is the best story I've ever followed on this forum. Relax, read and enjoy. WELCOME TO LOTR.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by emmysoftyou: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
If not for politics section,I would have stay glue like a gum cool

But no time to sip my beer and read your interesting stories now.
Cos I don't want to be entice like a gum.cheesy

But zuby77, yu re best and yu ve flair in writing a good essay and a true life story

Back in the days when I registered new in nairaland,
Your true life story was full of scintillating and titillating that I felt like staying indoors waiting for your suspense update..cheesy
Thanz bro..
Another great writer again is
MSsoldier,this guy is someone I just like too,where re yu bro,yu guys overheated sexuality section..cheesy

Yu guys re great..weldone cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by CarmelloANGEL(m): 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
This thread has bin resurrected... But for ppl like us we followed it tru even to the website.
Waddup Zubby, u are rili back on time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by domido(m): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
It makes front page after 2 years. Wow!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
CarmelloANGEL:
This thread has bin resurrected... But for ppl like us we followed it tru even to the website.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
domido:
It makes front page after 2 years. Wow!!!!

Just like Buhari.... After many attempts...

I am APC now.

5 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by smeagolab: 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
It is truely Nairaland's best story of all time. I remember when zuby approached maziomenuko years back on how to put his experiences in writing, now Ozoigbodu has become a master story teller.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Kusibe77(m): 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
Front page .again I felt like starting all over.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Kusibe77(m): 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
CarmelloANGEL:
we loyal fans did

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Holyman3(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
Thank God. The master is on front page.
This is the best thing I have ever seen on the Internet

Thank you Ozoigbondu.
Ogbabara hapu akpa 1 of Abidjan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by MOORCHMOORE(m): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ppppprrrrrrrrraaaaaaaiiiiiiiiissssseeee Master Chisos!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by 7footre(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
I followed this story silently here on NL even on globalruns.com but at this juncture I have to doff ma hat for you ozoigbondu 1 of Berlin. Ikuku ama na onya kudos men

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.