Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (721507 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Foxybone(m): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hahahahhaha
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Donshegxy10(m): 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
Naija no dey carry last!!!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Tinynita(f): 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
awiti is going 2c dat used condom
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ichommy(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
Tinynita: awiti is going 2c dat used condom

You gat me on dis, dat's wat am thinking.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Delis(m): 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hmmm I'm even gettn more interested on the other xperience u had @Germany other than d sexcaped

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Delis(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
@Zuby anytn 4 d boys dis 9t cos I dey feel ur presence right now
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
Delis: Hmmm I'm even gettn more interested on the other xperience u had @Germany other than d sexcaped
likewise me

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Donshegxy10(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
Viewing this topic: chinedumo(m), Baddchristy(f), weezii(m), Memphis357(m), supernet4(f), iamlincoln01(m), Leo 001, hanelson(m), aries26(m), Pastor Aji(m), Donshegxy_10(m)
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by aries26(m): 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Donshegxy_10: Viewing this topic: chinedumo(m), Baddchristy(f), weezii(m), Memphis357(m), supernet4(f), iamlincoln01(m), Leo 001, hanelson(m), aries26(m), Pastor Aji(m), Donshegxy_10(m)
You caught me right there. I can't be silent any longer.
Zuby. You are such a good writer. A writer par excellence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 12:54am On Jun 27, 2013
aries26: .
You caught me right there. I can't be silent any longer.
Zuby. You are such a good writer. A writer par excellence.

Stop hiding bro. What you see or hear is what you know.
God cannot give us a big infinite memory card and ask us to store only gospel songs in it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 3:21am On Jun 27, 2013
CHAPTER 35: AND THERE WAS A GIRL

ADAEZE OKORONKWO, native of Ngodo Isuochi in Abia state Nigeria arrived at the Camp.
I was returning from a farm settlement where I had been taken by Irene, a fat German lady whose ancestors had migrated from Czechoslovakia (Now Czech Rep and Slovakia).

Some people had gathered near the Camp gate, when I approached them, I was told that there was a fight.
Two Nigerians young men had been fighting over who would get Adaeze. The two men had previously quarreled over something a few days ago. The Adaeze saga was just another one.
Since I was a Camerounian in camp and I was already waiting for my posting, I didn't want to involve myself in the fight.
I asked who the Adaeze was and someone pointed me to her direction. I left the war zone and strolled towards the new catch.

She was a beautiful tall slim girl. The type that usualy claimed to be top models and the type that pasted the posters of Naomi campbell all over her room.

As I approached her, Awiti came out of nowhere and held my hand.
'' where have you been'' she had asked.

I gave her a silly excuse about how I went to the park to concentrate and pray to my god. There was a lot of noise in the camp and my god didn't really like noise.
She laughed hard. I retoured from my original destination and took Awiti to a hidden corner where Adaeze could not see us.
I was still going to approach Adaeze, just not now.
Awiti and I talked about how we were going to unite if we were posted to different cities.
She had already made a good plan. A plan that favoured her alone.
We were going to relocate to Munchen (Munich) and find a cheap apartment. We will find work through the help of her aunts who had lived in Munchen for many years. We will work for a year or two, save enough money and get married. Then live happily ever after.
It was such a sweet plan, the only problem on it was that
1- There was no where in the plan where I was to fulfil my dream of driving a BMW.
2- The plan did not cover Efuah and her pregnancy. It did not cover my family back home.
3- I didn't see where the plan covered my ambition of traveling all over the World when I got my papers and above all, I didn't see how the plan covers how I was going to get a permanent resident permit.

I agreed on her plan and smiled on it too.
It was getting dark, so I advised her to go to her hostel while I prepared for the evening prayers.
When she left, I went back into the open place to look for Adaeze but couldn't find her.

During the evening prayers which happened to be conducted and dominated by Nigerians, who unfortunately denied Nigeria there in Camp. There were also two Camerounian ladies who hardly follow when we sang in Igbo, a Kenya girl, Agnes the Uganda and one other lady I didn't know where she came from. (I never asked because she was ugly and short).

Adaeze had somehow made it to the Prayer venue. I didn't know who invited her but she was there before I came.

'' I will enter his gate with thanksgiving in my heart'' I started that song as soon as I entered the hall and saw Adaeze.

I had heard that young girls admire a God-fearing guy, so I switched to holy mode.
After the song, I switched to Igbo songs.
'' I di nma idi Ukwu oh Chineke, Onye kelu Uwa Idi nma, Nma gi Zuru Oke''
I sang in Igbo. The Camerounians and other people who didn't understand Igbo had to take things as they saw it, there was a price at stake; Adaeze Okoronkwo.
People had different reasons for coming to the Prayer venue to pray and sing.
Some was to ask God to help them avoid deportation.
Some was to ask for help for their health, the imminent interview, general well-being etc.
I, Solomon the great, was singing those Igbo songs just to first of all, make Adaeze know that I was an Igboman; Her dear brother from Biafra Republic who was the only person she can run to for help. The child of God.

My second reason was not clear now.

After the prayers, I hugged my Bible with my left hand on my chest like Pastor Chris and waved goodnight to everybody with my right. I acted the Evangelist. Even Awiti was curious but it would take her many days to unravel the mysteries behind the act.
The following day, a new list of names had been posted on the notice board.
Names of people that had been transferred to their permanent bases in Germany.
My name was at the top. I had been posted to Brandenburg an der havel. The city that gave the the State of Brandenburg its name.
Rumour had it that the city was the best around the whole east Germany.

As I strolled down the list to check on the other names posted to the same city,
There on number 9 was Agnes Kaku, the first girl that fell in love with me in camp. A small smile formed on my face as soon as I saw her name but I didn't let it out.
She was standing right next to me and as soon as she saw her name, she looked at me and smiled.....

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ichommy(m): 3:43am On Jun 27, 2013
Zuby, me dey follow you like twitter, Weldone

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Theflint1(m): 7:57am On Jun 27, 2013
i go dey follow follow
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Connoisseur(m): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2013
Keep it up bro
we tanda for ya back

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by onyebaba(m): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2013
Nice one Zubby, am stuck to ur stories like glue oo abi mak I say chewing gum n slippers.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
CHAPTER 36. GOODBYE EISENHUTTENSTADT.

As soon as you got posted out of camp, you were expected to leave camp that day or the following morning. They normally gave out train tickets to wherever they posted you.

The newly posted people were scrambling for tickets at the office that morning but I was not in a haste.
I had spent a month and ten days in the camp, there was no reason to be in a haste. I intended to travel the following morning.

I left the notice board and headed to the female hostel. I needed to tell my little girl Awiti that I had been posted. I was wearing a blue jean trousers. The same jean I had been wearing for three days. She was lying on the bed when I knocked and went inside. She got up as soon as she saw me and closed the Gideon Bible she was reading.

''Baby did you know that Jesus fed five thousand people with two loafs of bread'' she said as if it happened a week ago.
'' Yes, I know, If you read a little bit down the book, you will also see where he starved for forty days and forty nights''

*Awiti was a Muslim, she had come to our prayer ground because of me*

'' Baby but how can someone live for forty days without eating'' she asked.

''the same way someone could feed five thousand people with two loafs of bread'' I said.

''They have posted me out'' I said and interrupted her next Jesus question.

She said nothing. She just stared at me as if I had said something that didn't matter.
'' Baby it means that I am leaving the camp today or tomorrow'' I said.
The 'today or tomorrow'' seemed to have jolted her.

Her face had started changing to red and it took less than a minute to transform into tears. I watched her cry for about three minutes before I began to console her. I made promises upon promises on how I was going to return to camp as soon as I got registered at the auslander behoder or Amt. (foreign office).

She didn't say anything as I continued my promises. I reminded her about our plans to live together after Camp, how we were going to get married and have beautiful kids that will resemble me.
'' No, our kids will resemble me'' she said with a smile amidst tears still running down her face.
I dipped my hand into my pocket and brought out my handkerchief to clean her tears and a used condom fell out of my pocket unto the ground.

We both looked at it together and looked at each other, then back to the condom lying on the ground.
'' what is this'' she said.
''It is a condom'' I said.

'' I know what it is Solomon but what are you doing with this'' she said.

Her face had started changing again. The tears that had gone back to her head were scrambling to come out again,

I bent my head in a shameful manner and kept quiet.
She was asking me a million questions and reminding me about all the promises I made to her.

'' I had sex with a German lady yesterday evening'' I said as I raised my head up. She started crying again and asked me to leave her room.
I tried to plead with her but she pushed me out of the room and locked herself inside.
I stood at her door for several minutes begging her to open the door but she refused.
I left the female hostel and headed to the admin office to get my ticket and posting letter. When I collected them, I went to my room and packed my remaining one jeans and two shirts into a small paper bag. I was tempted to leave camp immediately but on a second thought, I decided to try Awiti again. I loved her really but I never considered marrying her for one day, not in the condition we found each other.

When I got to her room, she had opened the door but was not inside. I went in and waited for her. Some minutes later, she came in from the kitchen and saw me sitting quietly.
'' I told you to leave me alone'' she shouted as soon as she came in.

I stood up calmly, looked her in the face and said '' Listen carefully Awiti, we met in this camp and If we end our relationship in this camp, it will just be another closed chapter in my life''
'' I will get hurt for losing you, I will cry over it but the truth remains that I will not kill myself over it, I will heal with time'' I continued.

''I am going to step out of this door and as soon as I get outside, there is no turning back'' I said.
'' I don't care, you can go to hell'' she said.

I turned the door handle and opened it.
I stepped outside and went straight to my room. My paper bag was on the bed the same way I left it.
I grabbed it and came down stairs.
As I stepped on the single concrete road leading to the main camp gate, I saw Awiti coming up towards me from the female hostel. About five meters behind her was my former beauty queen Agnes with her bags.
Awiti came up to me first and stood opposite me. I looked beyond her and looked at Agnes.
'' Are you traveling to Brandenburg today'' I asked Agnes as she approached us.
'' She hesitated a bit and said yes.
'' Good, because I am traveling right now as well.
Awiti just stood there looking from Agnes to me and back to Agnes again. She had nothing to say as I grabbed the bigger of Agnes' two bags and lead the way towards the camp gate.

As I approached the gate, I looked back and saw Awiti standing like a statue about hundred meters away. Agnes was right beside me.

'' She doesn't look too happy'' Agnes said.

'' Yes, I replied her. I just told her that I had never loved her and that it was you (Agnes) that my heart had always been with'' I said.

She looked at me, turned and looked at Awiti then at me again.
'' Poor little girl'' she said and held my hand as we stepped out of the gate into the cold vast land of Germany.

***END OF PART TWO***

THE HUSTLING BEGINS NEXT..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Donshegxy10(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
Thumbs up zuby, Lets go there!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by longjon: 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Badt guy
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by liljboy(m): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
Am feeling for awiti right now *crying* even tho some gals don treat me like that.

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Marshiro(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
i dey feel u die....zuby d badoo!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Delis(m): 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
This is the part I've been waiting for, I wish the intending travellers[b](to Germany pricisely)[/b] would pay more attention to this part
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Delis(m): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
This is the part I've been waiting for, I wish the intending travellers(to Germany pricisely) would pay more attention to this part
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by chinedumo(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
Donshegxy_10: Viewing this topic: chinedumo(m), Baddchristy(f), weezii(m), Memphis357(m), supernet4(f), iamlincoln01(m), Leo 001, hanelson(m), aries26(m), Pastor Aji(m), Donshegxy_10(m)

u caught me too.

Zuby there is a fellow nairalander that has a simillar experence with you. He has turned his into a book.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
chinedumo:

u caught me too.

Zuby there is a fellow nairalander that has a simillar experence with you. He has turned his into a book.

Really, thats nice. who is he/she

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by chinedumo(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hello readers, I intend to go easy on the sexx scenes and concentrate more on my experience as a hustler.

You will like it more.

I need your opinions on this.

7 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Foxybone(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
ZUBY77: Hello readers, I intend to go easy on the sexx scenes and concentrate more on my experience as a hustler.

You will like it more.

Just ride on... We dey your back grin grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by chinedumo(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
Of couse. Sex is not everything.

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
PART THREE. LIFE AS A HUSTLER.

CHAPTER 37: BRANDENBURG AN DER HAVEL.

WE got to Brandenburg an der havel at exactly 4 pm on a cold October evening.

There was no direct train Eissen to Brandenburg.
We had changed at Berlin Ostbanhof Station, One of the three largest Stations in Berlin and the entire East Germany.

My stay with Agnes in the train was awkward. There was no tangible topic to discuss, so we just kept quiet and concentrated on ourselves.
When we got down at Berlin Ostbanhof, we sat down inside the station and ate peanuts. Our next train was 30 minutes away.

'' Did you really tell that little girl what you said to me'' Agnes asked me.

'' No, I did not.'' I said.
She looked at me for more explanations.
'' She found a used condom on me and freaked out'' I said.
Agnes looked at me and said nothing.
'' I had sexxx with a fat German woman yesterday at her place and forgot to throw the Damn thing away'' I continued.
I begged her to forget what happened but she refused, so here we are'' I said.

'' I believe in Destiny Agnes and whatever that will be will surely be'' I said again.

She just kept quiet and listened.
I told her that when I first came into the camp, it was her that stole my heart and attention, then Melinda surfaced and passed through. I also told her that Awiti was just part of my history which I would write someday (and I am doing that now).

I also told her that destiny was more interested in keeping me and her together and it was left for us to work on making it count.
She said nothing as I led her through wise sayings and divine jargons etc.

*I was the prophet, Solomon the wise*

When our train arrived, we boarded it and proceded to Brandenburg an der Havel.

When we got out at the Brandenburg train station, a bus was standing outside. We asked the driver if he was going to HEIM..(HEIM is a permanent base where the asylum seekers are accommodated until the Germans certify you good enough to live among the population. We were in Eastern Germany where racism was still rampant, so keeping us together was for our own security)

The bus driver nodded and we entered the bus. The ticket we collected from camp did not cover the bus, so we bought new tickets.
Ten minutes later, we arrived in front of the heim.
A fat middle aged woman (We later gave her a nickname; IYI) opened the house door as we pressed the bell.
We presented our papers to her. She directed us to the office inside the house where we were cleared properly.

There were two buildings inside the compound. One was a two storey building with many rooms while the smaller one at the back was a one storey building with self-contain rooms.
The big one belonged to male while the one at the back was The female house.
It was different from camp but not much different.
I was given room 22 which I was supposed to share with a Cameroun guy until some other room was furnished for me. Agnes was taken to the female house and given a self-contain apartment.
(Please understand that germans dont name rooms like us. All the rooms on the second floor naturaly starts with 2. room 22 simple means room 2 on the second floor)

The monthly allowances for each of us was 199.40 euro. Approximately 200 euros.
We were given a fraction of that amount since we came in the middle of October.

There were some other Igbo boys in the same HEIM when we arrived. Johnson from Abiriba, Jordan from Nnewi, Tony from Ekwulobia, Chibuzor from Ozubulu and Filas from Nanka.
Then there were two Esan girls. Jordan was dating one while the other one hardly stays in the HEIM.
When I dropped my paper bag and received my money, I went to the shopping mall called Eurospar which was 300 meters away.
I saw Johnson and Jordan with some other Guinea men loitering along the road but didn't know what they were doing.
I bought a big coca cola bottle and sweet bread and headed back to the heim.
I went to my room and ate, then I slept for an hour or so. I woke up and headed to the female house, it was in the same place and it took me a minute to enter inside there.
Agnes had told me her room number when we were collecting our money.
I knocked on room 15 and entered. The female rooms were very neat and bigger. It had its own bathroom unlike our house.
I gave her some of the bread I bought but she refused. We chatted for an hour before I went back to my room.
There was no restriction whatsoever in the heim. A man can go to the woman's house at anytime.
We were finally free or so I thought.....

6 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Donshegxy10(m): 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
ZUBY77: Hello readers, I intend to go easy on the sexx scenes and concentrate more on my experience as a hustler.

You will like it more.

50/50 things, you can bring the two together {just saying}
you are the boss.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Foxybone(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
Or so I thought....

Reminds me so much of FLOW1759 grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by iamlincoln01(m): 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
Oga Zubby, I like the fact that you are trying to Sagoe from maily sexual stories to ur Hustling Experience as well. I have gained a whole lot from your write up not only sexual but ur Hustling spirit as well.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.