Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt (11926 Views)

Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Tanker fire kills one, burns 3 trucks in Lagos / List Of States Owing Salaries Of 6 Months And Above? Why Single Out Osun State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by dont8(m): 12:38am On Jun 23, 2013

House fire kills couple, four children

TRAGEDY struck in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital on Saturday, when a fire outbreak claimed the lives of a couple and their four children.

The fire, which was said to have been ignited by an explosion, took the lives of the victims while they were asleep.

Though the identity of the couple could not be immediately ascertained, the father of the four children was a taxi driver while his wife was a petty trader.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that the incident, which occurred around 1.45am, also affected a large part of the building located at No. 17, New Estate Road, Railway Quarters.

Property worth millions of naira was also lost to the inferno that engulfed the eight-flat building.

It was gathered that the children of the couple, (three boys and a girl) were of ages 22, 17, nine and seven before they met their untimely death.

An eyewitness said two other children had travelled out of Port Harcourt to sit for their West African Senior School Certificate Examination when the incident happened.

However, the landlord of the building (name withheld), who spoke on the incident, stated that he was woken up by a sound, adding that the whole building was on fire before he could realise what had happened.

Describing the incident as unfortunate, the landlord said it would have been better for the house to be razed than for the inferno to kill six persons in one fell swoop.

“It is unfortunate and heart bleeding. It would have been better for the whole compound to burn than to lose the six family members,” he said.

A tenant, who identified himself as Victor, explained that the inferno began from the victims’ flat before spreading to other flats.

According to him, while their neighbours were able to escape, the victims could not because they were already fast asleep when the fire became intense.

Residents of the area where the incident occurred wailed the moment sympathisers mentioned the names of the children affected by the fire.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Angela Agabe, said she was aware of the incident but had yet to get details from the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the area.

http://www.punchng.com/news/house-fire-kills-couple-four-children/
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by dont8(m): 12:43am On Jun 23, 2013
What a tragedy, may God have mercy on their souls.
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 23, 2013
Verry sad. Rip
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by ivili(m): 10:28am On Jun 23, 2013
This is sad indeed(i made it first again),truely sad.

1 Like

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by ivili(m): 10:30am On Jun 23, 2013
Una no dey wiat,i just dey type,una come enter my position,now i am number 3
Ms_Steph: Verry sad. Rip
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:30am On Jun 23, 2013
Rip
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by bebe2(f): 10:31am On Jun 23, 2013
cry crySad stories plenty these days o, a generation wiped out just like dat,

RIP to the dead
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Otutu1(m): 10:32am On Jun 23, 2013
RIP to the dead cry , and to think i have a family of 6 back home in ph. cry

1 Like

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by passionate88: 10:37am On Jun 23, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Blesyn014(m): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2013
Just wondering how some persons reason these days. We are talking about lives been lost here and some persons are busy talking about who is first and who is last to comment. Don't know how that add up to you guys lives anyway.. SMH!!

What a tragic story!! May God help us all. It is well..!!!

4 Likes

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by playahP(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2013
Rest in peace.... Dead comes to us All!.... We should only pray for a quick and painless one!!

1 Like

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Tundedavies: 10:43am On Jun 23, 2013
May their soul rest in peace.
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2013
Why this heartbreak on this bright sunday morning.oh lord have mercy.
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by fitzmayowa: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2013
May their soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 23, 2013
ivili: Una no dey wiat,i just dey type,una come enter my position,now i am number 3

You're fool!!

A family died and you're clamouring for position on NL.. What a waste of space!!

2 Likes

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by nnanyereugo(m): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2013
R.I.P 2 d dead!
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by ivili(m): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2013
You are the fool my good man!
lalaosky:

You're fool!!

A family died and you're clamouring for position on NL.. What a waste of space!!

1 Like

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2013
[quote author=Blesyn014]Just wondering how some persons reason these days. We are talking about lives been lost here and some persons are busy talking about who is first and who is last to comment. Don't know how that add up to you guys lives anyway.. SMH

U took the words right out of my mouth! Some people are just heartless its unimaginable! Kids lost their lives in that fire...gone forever in a most horrific way and all some of u are vying for is who posted first or not. U guys deserve to be shot! Idiots!!!

RIP to the dead. I can't imagine how d remaining two kids that are alive must be coping with this tragedy!

1 Like

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by sylve11: 11:24am On Jun 23, 2013
Journey well to the lost ones! sad cool
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by ikechemez(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2013
May the good Lord help us all

Rest in peace the dead.
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by ravensckar(m): 11:47am On Jun 23, 2013
R.I.P 2d dead! As 4 dt slowpoke clamoring 4 position, U'r as gud as being dead. 1st class idiots!

2 Likes

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by mildteddy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
May their souls rest in peace...
Amen
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
Rest in peace 4 the dead. Quite unfortunate unfortunate
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by bunku(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
What a painful death.R.I.P
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by olu4life(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
So painful. RIP. Probably its the smoke that actually killed them not the fire. What a pity! As for the fool contesting for space,ur IQ must be really low.

1 Like

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Onasa22: 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
So sad. May their soul rest in peace
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by gulfer: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
ivili: This is sad indeed(i made it first again),truely sad.
U̶̲̥̅ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ high on cow-dung as I can see with this thoughtless comment.

1 Like

Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by Horus(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2013
The fire, which was said to have been ignited by an explosion,

What created the explosion?
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by tamtamlaw: 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
Rip
Re: Fire Kills Family Of 6 In Port-Harcourt by EnnyP(f): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2013
didn't anybody know the cause of the outbreak? probably fuel or gas or what could have caused that kind of explosion in the middle of the nite?

May their gentle souls rest in peace o. i hate hearing news of children's death. its really sad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2020: Military, Police To Spend 91% Of Budgets On Salaries, Others / Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension / Senate Approved N143bn For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.