Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) (17756 Views)

Soldiers Shoot Olajideide Sipe In Festac (A Lawyer) - Gaphic photos / Murray-Bruce Opens Silverbird Cinema In Festac (Photos) / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Revealedtv(m): 10:46am On Jun 23, 2013
Without a third term to look forward to, The Local government executive chairman of Festac Town, Comrade Ayodele Adebowale Adewale, csn quietly fold his arms while the state of the roads in Festac goes from bad to worse. The roads claimed its first "casualty" yesterday the 22th of June when a trailer while attempting to navigate the bad sections of the festac bridge fell and practically blocked the exit route out of town, leaving commuters stranded for hours. It was always been the position of our government to act in a reactionary manner, that is wait for tragedy to happen before the act. The same is true of our aircraft sitation---wait till a crash happens.

However, as others were going to church to pray for changes, i took my time to go round some popular bad spots in Festac to take pictures of the state of the roads. There are a lot more places i couldnt visit but anyone who comes by Festac or is resident in Festac knows that practically all the roads in Festac are bad. Worse is the fact that the LG is never tired of cosmetic reconstruction, that is fill the holes with sand or cement and then wait for the rain to wash it out. It is a very very sad state that we are in.

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Revealedtv(m): 10:55am On Jun 23, 2013
pictures have refused to upload oo

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2013
crop your pictures first. then upload . that's how i do mine. wink

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Expensive72(m): 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
grin No,this can't be lagos I see every day in news papers& television....
Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
That should be 7th Avenue abi? what of 22 road? was there last week and i nearly broke my ankle because of the bad road while trekking from agboju to TFC. angry

3 Likes

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by mike404(m): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
LAGOS CITY WHERE U DEY (EKO ILE) cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by IGBOSON1: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
Festac Town is the federal gov'ts turf.

4 Likes

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Desola(f): 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
Sorry, but isn't festac town ibo owned? Weren't they clamouring for their own state sometime ago?
Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by FSU: 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
Desola: Sorry, but isn't festac town ibo owned? Weren't they clamouring for their own state sometime ago?

I hear Fasola is fixing the Festac Grammar school (for Igbos). Don't worry he will soon fix these bad Festac roads for Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Maxymilliano(m): 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
Looked like what Ilo-Awela Rd in Ota used to be before the intervention of SIA ...

Amuwo Odofin estate ain't faring better either in terms of motorable roads, hope that Afro wearing dude wake up someday to his responsibility as a LG Chairman.
Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by FSU: 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Not quite
The status of Festac is somewhat confusing as the Federal, State and Local Government all lay claim to the management of the estate and occasionally issue the residents with various charges ranging from valuation fees, Local Government levies to tenement rates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festac_Town
Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Desola(f): 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
FSU:

I hear Fasola is fixing the Festac Grammar school (for Igbos). Don't worry he will soon fix these bad Festac roads for Igbos.

I don't think ibos need Fashola's charity - do you?

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Yes, it belongs to the Federal Government. Amuwo Odofin LGA has it's headquarters in Festac. The chairman is not trying at all. the only motorable roads in festac are 41 road because it leads to the council and 21 road because it leads to the chairman's house. He rehabilitated the 2 roads and left others.
Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by FSU: 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
Desola:

Only if they don't pay taxes, levies and other exhorbitant, Fasola-imposed fees that most Yoruba cannot pay

4 Likes

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by takedat(m): 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
It is not the responsibility of the council chairman to fix FESTAC roads, rather you should re-direct your complaint to Federal Housing Authority(FHA).

http://leadership.ng/city/festac-town

Here the council chairman appealed to the various government agencies to fix the roads and other infrastructure needs of the residents! This was reported by Leadership on the 9th of June

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
Desola:

You mean ibo-owned festac needs a Yorubaman's charity to fix their dilapidated roads?

I believe you might be right.

Do ibo ppl even pay taxes in Lags, talk less of iboland?
Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Desola(f): 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
FSU:

Only if they don't pay taxes, levies and other exhorbitant, Fasola-imposed fees that most Yoruba cannot pay

But isn't that sheer stup1dity?

Why pay taxes and levies to an illegal government? That ibos make up 99% of Lagos citizenry is undisputed. That the have to pay taxes for their own land to an unrecognised government is travesty!

What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) by Desola(f): 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
I think FESTAC's roads are wayyy better than the ones in Abia tho

That's because all the rich ibo people reside in festac.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely / What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? / Why President Buhari Is The Best For Nigeria - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.