Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45572 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by omanifrank(m): 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
not a bad one...let Nigeria place theirs also na
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
If Nigerian leaders had any respect for it's citizens they'll make that country better for her citizens, then most of them won't go visiting Britain in the hope of absconding.

6 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ocheejemb: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
ive been waiting for this to get here...ahn ahn/..lataaro...oya now lets go
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Kslib(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
£3000 is too small nah.. I would have loved it to be like £200,000 so that all of them will stay at home.. Secondly,all countries should start deporting us so that our eye go clear and we will start flushing out those eddiots in power..

24 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by DJDOLA(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
I hear say dem dey plug money for tree in uk sha na tru?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
That's their business. What am I going to England to do when I can make almost 90k in nigeria every month without working off my ballz and paying of cut-throat tax?

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ocheejemb: 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
chux76: Visitors from 'high risk' countries in Africa and Asia will have to put up a £3,000 cash bond to enter Britain.

About 2.2million people are granted visas to enter Britain every year. Last year 296,000 people from India were granted six-month visas, as were 101,000 from Nigeria, 53,000 from Pakistan and 14,000 apiece from Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346756/Visitors-India-high-risk-countries-Asia-Africa-forced-pay-3-000-cash-bond-enter-UK.html#ixzz2X3G0wi98

Notice how the article doesnt say anything about
a. how much money they got from issuing these visas
b. how many people applied and how many were rejected to come up with this amount
c. how many of this 100k Nigerians have actually overstayed thier visas and absconded.

Methinks they are just looking for short term money to play with

6 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ocheejemb: 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
Going by these figures, thats a whopping 3 billion pounds per year. Sounds like a good short term interest free loan to me!

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by gerald09(m): 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
Its not dem fault no matter what una say Nigerians still rush there. I meet a guy @ elephant n castle sometime ago he actually quit his job @ diamond bank, made his wife quit her job @ first bank n moved down to UK for greener pasture, he works @ royal mail now sorting letters while his wife sits @ home hating d dude. £3000 is to small for stupid people like dat guy.

10 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
They will be the ones to also change it by the way who is even interested in going to the uk?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by lovejo(m): 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
If UK embark on this procedure then it will be a good deal for Nigerians as a whole, because money is not a problem but to come. People would be able to raise this bond and the probability of getting visa will increase to 80%.
After coming back to Nigeria, no bond is needed for 2 years visas and thereby gives the traveller to stay for 2 years and within those period situation would have been better.
In the long run it will be a good thing for people that can afford it and I know people will start using this bond as business like secure loan for travellers.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
gerald09: Its not dem fault no matter what una say Nigerians still rush there. I meet a guy @ elephant n castle sometime ago he actually quit his job @ diamond bank, made his wife quit her job @ first bank n moved down to UK for greener pasture, he works @ royal mail now sorting letters while his wife sits @ home hating d dude. £3000 is to small for stupid people like dat guy.
IS THIS A TRUE STORY ? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
adaobi123: £3000 ? Dammnnn. Another way for the Brits to earn some dough. tongue
Maybe a good way to discourage unnecessary visitation..

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ocheejemb: 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
gerald09: Its not dem fault no matter what una say Nigerians still rush there. I meet a guy @ elephant n castle sometime ago he actually quit his job @ diamond bank, made his wife quit her job @ first bank n moved down to UK for greener pasture, he works @ royal mail now sorting letters while his wife sits @ home hating d dude. £3000 is to small for stupid people like dat guy.

WOW!

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by nairabacks(f): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: If you have 3000 pounds, please start a business in Nigeria. Any business. Don't go and waste away in England.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Diamondwriter(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
Okay now
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by EagleNest(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]About 2.2million people are granted visas to enter Britain every year. Last year 296,000 people from India were granted six-month visas, as were 101,000 from Nigeria, 53,000 from Pakistan and 14,000 apiece from Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

They only gave figures of number of visas granted, they should also break it down with figures of no of people that actually travelled, figure of those that returned and those that didn't. Then we can know the TRUE picture of how many run-aways. They should also remember that some of these countries mentioned were colonised by Britain. As France is to Algeria, so is Britain to Nigeria, Ghana,India, Jamaica. Only if Nigeria has towed the path of US who were once colonised by Britain.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by dangiwa09(m): 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
They should make it at least £50,000

5 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
adaobi123:

grin grin

I've seen you say that at least 5 times

Guess he's tryna 'carve-himself-a-niche' just like Yuzedo (AKA chief Sweetus) did. . . Buh I guess his 'scheme' is DOA. Better luck next time bro

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 360command: 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
9ja govt needs to reply them back in this way too. British friends of mine says to me and I quote 'thanks to west africa, I do not think I or we can fit into the UK system'. I also met one in a foreign country and he says ' if my company is to send me back to Nigeria, I would not hesitate but pack my one bag heading to Nigeria'. This guys are making it big time compare to the numerous number of africans going abroad. An Indian man in anthony village,lagos once said to my friend ' u nigerians,all u do is beg beg beg, look around you, there is money. Your bed is money,your toilet is money'. He is right but the truth is we are not seeing the potentials.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2013
The bond will not apply to all Nigerians but to those the consular officer feels are high risk travelers. Those who they aren't sure will return to Nigeria.Those who would ordinarily be denied visas.

South Africa already has similar thing in place. You pay the bond and get it back upon your return.When you renew your visa the next time,they won't ask you for the bond again because you've proven to them that you aren't a flight risk.

Methinks its a good thing ,to separate genuine visitors from skanks and intending illegal immigrants

7 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
You mean people still travel to the UK shocked
Abeg, if na shopping or whatever, go to Dubai, paris, Barcelona etc. UK is a waste of time

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by nairabacks(f): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
obadiah777: IS THIS A TRUE STORY ? grin grin grin

My guy, I wonder ooo..
So ppl with that kinda sense actually exist ?

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
MrPrsdent: The bond will not apply to all Nigerians but to those the consular officer feels are high risk travelers. Those who they aren't sure will return to Nigeria.Those who would ordinarily be denied visas.

South Africa already has similar thing in place. You pay the bond and get it back upon your return.When you renew your visa the next time,they won't ask you for the bond again because you've proven to them that you aren't a flight risk.

Methinks its a good thing ,to separate genuine visitors from skanks and intending illegal immigrants

Horseshit. All it does is separate people who have the means to get an extra 3000 as bond from those who don't.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Basilona(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
bigx: Half Dead Country feeling funky
I tell you. Dem get mind big time
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by LondonCool(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
Desola: Choi!

Was that a greeting?

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
MrPrsdent: The bond will not apply to all Nigerians but to those the consular officer feels are high risk travelers. Those who they aren't sure will return to Nigeria.Those who would ordinarily be denied visas.

Not for all visa types, its only for those applying for visitor's visa
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Salmoneus(m): 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
It could backfire as a negative incentive, if someone pays that money to enter they may feel entitled to stay as long as they want, after all the 'paid' the government.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Ilaje44(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
oche_ejemb: Going by these figures, thats a whopping 30million pounds per year. Sounds like a good short term interest free loan to me!

Aburo, tun kakuleshon e she. Poun millionu 300 (odunrun) le mi ri ka ninu ishiro temi fun odun kan fun Naija nikan.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
Salmoneus: It could backfire as a negative incentive, if someone pays that money to enter they may feel entitled to stay as long as they want, after all the 'paid' the government.

They will waste the 3000 pounds and still get deported if caught

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomon111(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
360command: 9ja govt needs to reply them back in this way too. British friends of mine says to me and I quote 'thanks to west africa, I do not think I or we can fit into the UK system'. I also met one in a foreign country and he says ' if my company is to send me back to Nigeria, I would not hesitate but pack my one bag heading to Nigeria'. This guys are making it big time compare to the numerous number of africans going abroad. An Indian man in anthony village,lagos once said to my friend ' u nigerians,all u do is beg beg beg, look around you, there is money. Your bed is money,your toilet is money'. He is right but the truth is we are not seeing the potentials.
why should Nigerian govt retaliate?
Did they ask you to travel abroad?
The FG should do nothing.
Invest those monies in Nigeria instead of wasting them on visa in pursuit of an illusion.

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 190: 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
360command: 9ja govt needs to reply them back in this way too. British friends of mine says to me and I quote 'thanks to west africa, I do not think I or we can fit into the UK system'. I also met one in a foreign country and he says ' if my company is to send me back to Nigeria, I would not hesitate but pack my one bag heading to Nigeria'. This guys are making it big time compare to the numerous number of africans going abroad. An Indian man in anthony village,lagos once said to my friend ' u nigerians,all u do is beg beg beg, look around you, there is money. Your bed is money,your toilet is money'. He is right but the truth is we are not seeing the potentials.
ibeg where the money dey
make i begin go search with spade and cutlass from inside toilet angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan / Nigerians Can Travel, Do Business With 120 Countries Without Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.