Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45567 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by grandlexuz(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
4 Play:

Nigeria is poor. Nigeria's oil revenues since 1960 is less than the British Govt's tax receipt for this year alone.

Just because you read from a British journal about Nigeria's oil revenues totaling 600bn over the last 53 years does not make your source reliable. According to http://www.revenuewatch.org/countries/africa/nigeria/overview which stands out as an unbiased institute for the measurement of revenues in various countries, Nigeria's oil revenues for the year 2011 alone was 50.3 Billion Dollars. How come over 53years they have only generated 600 billion.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs: Fact is we have resources but we don't make use of our resources. One very critical resource we have, that easily comes to my mind and we don't use, is time. It is an intangible resource and to that extent the value is easily forgotten. You here them say, "African time". Like seriously, what the fvck is that. You go to a party that is meant to start at 3pm by 3pm in naija and you are seen as a hungry man, "long throat", "na you wan help them start the party". You are seen as wrong even though you are right.

We have not gotten the basics right, our value system has been eroded. We attach more value to intangibles rather than tangible things. Nigerians think once you throw money at any problem, you get a solution. Money is only one of the resources needed for growth as there are many more with bigger impacts

I tell you what, what makes Britain is not Heathrow Airport, it is not Buckingham Palace, it is not the buildings at Canary Wharf. It is the fact that they are better organised. These things are intangible but have the biggest impact on development.

You missed out one very important fact about Britain - all of their wealth is stolen - from Africa - did you know that?

5 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
cap28:

You missed out one very important fact about Britain - all of their wealth is stolen - from Africa - did you know that?

Organised in stealing the wealth. Why not you use your brain to steal the wealth? Oh I forgot, you still want your wedding in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 4Play(m): 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
grandlexuz:

Just because you read from a British journal about Nigeria's oil revenues totaling 600bn over the last 53 years does not make your source reliable. According to http://www.revenuewatch.org/countries/africa/nigeria/overview which stands out as an unbiased institute for the measurement of revenues in various countries, Nigeria's oil revenues for the year 2011 alone was 50.3 Billion Dollars. How come over 53years they have only generated 600 billion.

Nigeria's oil output wasn't high in the 60s, crude oil price has usually been far lower than it has been in the past few years. Let me throw you a simple challenge, produce evidence of our estimated revenue since independence which is substantially higher than what I quoted.

PS: Yale isn't in the UK.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Horus(m): 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
The brain drain in favour of the UK should be a major source of concern and in particular healthcare disciplines. There are Nigerian doctors working in all hospitals in major cities and towns in the UK and at the same time there is chronic shortage of doctors in Nigeria.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 10:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

Organised in stealing the wealth. Why not you use your brain to steal the wealth? Oh I forgot, you still want your wedding in Dubai.

Typical - praising your oppressors for stealing from you, and yet you expect them to respect you.

I wouldn't be caught dead in Dubai not to talk of holding my wedding there.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
cap28:

Typical - praising your oppressors for stealing from you, and yet you expect them to respect you.

I wouldn't be caught dead in Dubai not to talk of holding my wedding there.

Mr man you are just moaning all about the forum. No one cares about this your 'oppressor' defensive mindset. Nations are moving, partnering and integrating while you keep on moaning about "oppressors". Why not get yourself together and look for a way to defeat your "oppressor" or are you too young for that?

Get a life, it is the same mentality in the Woolwich guys who see everyone as an enemy- them against us. Why not take your life back to the colonial times so you can defeat your "oppressors"? I don't need you to preach this your defeatist and defensive ideology to me, I have a brain to think. I have a brain to find solutions to problems and not the brain that searches for "enemies and oppressors". We look forward, there is the challenge to bring millions of our people out of poverty. That is what we face today and what we seek to find a solution to.

So Mr, please shift if you can't make a better argument.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by grandlexuz(m): 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
4 Play:

Nigeria's oil output wasn't high in the 60s, crude oil price has usually been far lower than it has been in the past few years. Let me throw you a simple challenge, produce evidence of our estimated revenue since independence which is substantially higher than what I quoted.

PS: Yale isn't in the UK.

US , UK whatever. All bunch of imperialists who have made trillions by exploitation..
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ogorsunday(m): 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
if u have £3000 establish business in Nigeria immediately because u'll become rich at any moment.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by vicholas(m): 11:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
Nigeria be wise
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by redsun(m): 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

Mr man you are just moaning all about the forum. No one cares about this your 'oppressor' defensive mindset. Nations are moving, partnering and integrating while you keep on moaning about "oppressors". Why not get yourself together and look for a way to defeat your "oppressor" or are you too young for that?

Get a life, it is the same mentality in the Woolwich guys who see everyone as an enemy- them against us. Why not take your life back to the colonial times so you can defeat your "oppressors"? I don't need you to preach this your defeatist and defensive mentality to me, I have a brain to think. I have a brain to find solutions to problems and not the brain that searches for "enemies and oppressors". We look forward, there is the challenge to bring millions of our people out of poverty. That is what we face today and what we seek to find a solution to.

So Mr, please shift if you can't make better argument.

That guy has nothing to do with the likes of woolish cannibal.He hammers on african consciousness and awareness,like few other guys here,they are not psychopathically fanatical,but they hit the points.The need for people to realize what the game is all about.

The game has been on for milleniums,yet people still can not learn from provable histories that those who lacks are those that are unaware.The ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
redsun:

That guy has nothing to do with the likes of woolish cannibal.He hammers on african consciousness and awareness,like few other guys here,they are not psychopathically fanatical,but they hit the points.The need for people to realize what the game is all about.

The game has been on for milleniums,yet people still can not learn from provable histories that those who lacks are those that are unaware.The ignorant.

I disagree, he is. He hides under "consciousness" to spread some defensive and defeatist ideologies just like the UKIP, BNP, EDL and the Woolwich guys sect. The luck we have is that he has no power. You don't come here moaning all day and try to force your trash down the throats of people.

We know our history but we are also looking forward. The problem with people like him is that he is still stuck in the historic times moaning over it.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

Get a life, it is the same mentality in the Woolwich guys who see everyone as an enemy- them against us. Why not take your life back to the colonial times so you can defeat your "oppressors"? I don't need you to preach this your defeatist and defensive ideology to me, I have a brain to think. I have a brain to find solutions to problems and not the brain that searches for "enemies and oppressors". We look forward, there is the challenge to bring millions of our people out of poverty. That is what we face today and what we seek to find a solution to.

If you knew your history you would never make the above statement.

People like you hate the truth - Britain is what it is today because it exploited Africa - FACT.

The wealth that its people enjoy today was generated on the backs of African slave labour and Britain continues to reap billions from Nigeria because britain and America dicate to Nigeria on everything - how much they pay for your crude oil right down to how much they allow you to spend on health care and education.

They also keep Nigeria in a permanent state of debt by making you borrow money that you will never be able to pay off because of the extortionate interest rates attached, do you know why Buhari was overthrown by Babangida? Because he refused to acquiesce to the European and American banking mafia who wanted Nigeria to remain in a permanent state of debt and poverty.

You are typical of the kind of diseased minds we have in Nigeria - hell bent on defending the very people who keep you mired in poverty and ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by redsun(m): 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

I disagree, he is. He hides under "consciousness" to spread some defensive and defeatist ideologies just like the UKIP, BNP, EDL and the Woolwich guys sect. The luck we have is that he has no power. You don't come here moaning all day and try to force your trash down the throats of people.

We know our history but we are also looking forward. The problem with people like him is that he is still stuck in the historic times moaning over it.

I don't see it like that.I think every through african has the right to weep and be very angry at what is happening in africa,It seem like majority are in darkness and no set precedences for the present generation,no hope.It shouldn't be so at any given time.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by sovpounds(m): 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2013
this is good news for guys that want to go to the United Kingdom and not come back anytime soon. £3,000 is small money for those who are determined and desperate to enter there. and this requirement is only for 6 months visas, so people can pay the £3,000 bond apply for a 6 months visa and visit the UK and come back, collect their £3,000 on their return and apply for 2 years visa and this time they would not be asked to pay the £3,000 bond. when they travel with the two year visa they can now disappear into thin air.

theresa may should think well, if she wants net immigration to reduce to the tens of thousands by 2015 as the conservatives promised in their manifesto the people she should target are the east europeans particularly romanians, bulgarians that would soon have free entry to enter the United Kingdom and are likely to enter in droves.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

You do not know your history - this is why you make such daft statements.

What is defeatist about saying Britain's wealth is stolen from Africa?

You are rejoicing that I have no power, but the people who have been ra.ping Africa for over 5 centuries still have the power and they have no intention of stopping their ongoing ra.pe of Africa - Don't you think you should be more concerned about them rather than me?

In order to move forward you must understand where you went wrong - this is why history is important - but in your book looking back is defeatist - if looking back is defeatist why do the jews keep talking about the holocaust that occurred over 60 years ago?

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 1forall: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
^ Why don't you wait for a response to your previous comment first before this near-offensive follow-up?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
redsun:

I don't see it like that.I think every through african has the right to weep and be very angry at what is happening in africa,It seem like majority are in darkness and no set precedences for the present generation,no hope.It shouldn't be so at any given time.

As my people talk, person wey dey cry dey see road. That man you see there lives in Dagenham on JSA and housing benefit, yet he comes on nairaland to moan daily. Why not go back home and rally his whole village into this his "against our oppressors agenda"?

You can keep crying all day but how does that solve the issues? If you ask him what strategy he has for Africa's development, he will give you one nonsense that is absolutely unrealistic in the world we live in. We have issues but we are looking for ways to solve those issues. He is still living in the past waiting for the past to fix itself, na there e go old.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by gerald09(m): 11:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
obadiah777: IS THIS A TRUE STORY ? grin grin grin
Yes it is, I meet his wife when I went to d Nigerian embassy to re-new my passport. D woman hate d man no be small. I was waiting to get d passport she was there to meet up some1 so Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ got talkin.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
cap28:

You do not know your history - this is why you make such daft statements.

What is defeatist about saying Britain's wealth is stolen from Africa?

You are rejoicing that I have no power, but the people who have been ra.ping Africa for over 5 centuries still have the power and they have no intention of stopping their ongoing ra.pe of Africa - Don't you think you should be more concerned about them rather than me?

In order to move forward you must understand where you went wrong - this is why history is important - but in your book looking back is defeatist - if looking back is defeatist why do the jews keep talking about the holocaust that occurred over 60 years ago?

Bla bla bla, oya what are you going to do about it? Sit on nairaland and moan all day? Na your own worst pass?

Why not go and start World War 3 with the awka made pistol wey dey your village.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by grandlexuz(m): 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

Yeah you are right! Nations are partnering with each other. Venezuela just became the 51st state of the USA. China has finally given in to the allegations of currency manipulation by the US. They have adopted a single currency to be called ballabriggs..lol Russia too has finally given in to pressure from the West to allow NATO teach Bashad Allasad of Syria the lesson that was taught to Gadaffi. Mugabe is finally handing back farms seized from Whites farmers..Finally the Mao Mao fighters who thought they were badly tortured during the fight for Independence; have turned down the British compensation. They just realised they could not have gotten a better treatment at the hands of the colonialists 50 years ago!

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by chuquiz(m): 11:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
rozayx5:

so people still go to the UK embarassed embarassed
i wonder what is so special about the english villages that they cant find in Nigeria undecided

English villages get free dairy produce, better quality of life, no nepa madness or lack of running water, and the best part ,better clime and no mosquito. If u hols contrary view, you are only giving yourself hope.

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 11:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
grandlexuz:

Yeah you are right! Nations are partnering with each other. Venezuela just became the 51st state of the USA. China has finally given in to the allegations of currency manipulation by the US. They have adopted a single currency to be called ballabriggs..lol Russia too has finally given in to pressure from the West to allow NATO teach Bashad Allasad of Syria the lesson that was taught to Gadaffi. Mugabe is finally handing back farms seized from Whites farmers..Finally the Mao Mao fighters who thought they were badly tortured during the fight for Independence; have turned down the British compensation. They just realised they could not have gotten a better treatment at the hands of the colonialists 50 years ago!

grin nice one
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

Bla bla bla, oya what are you going to do about it? Sit on nairaland and moan all day? Na your own worst pass?

Why not go and start World War 3 with the awka made pistol wey dey your village.

create awareness - its important if u don't know.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by othuskyTM(m): 11:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
gunuvi: Nigeria is getting better. If they charge us the bond, we will apply same to them too. Tit for tat.
Small scale business in Naija is booming already so we don't need UK visas.
True talk what is so special abt UK self? Dat money reach start beta business oooooooo choi!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 12:01am On Jun 24, 2013
cap28:

create awareness - its important if u don't know.

How does this your "awareness" link to the strategy for development and underdevelopment?

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 12:06am On Jun 24, 2013
grandlexuz:

Do you know the volume of trade going between China and the West. Do you know where China holds the bulk of its foreign reserves? Do you know how Piracy in the Somali waters has been reduced in the last few months? It is cooperation and partnership, East West partnership quite different from what the likes of cap28 with his defeatist agenda will wish for.

So you can keep to yourself and call it "consciousness". The world is moving beyond such nonsense, we are integrating borders more than we did in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. Those who live in such age will ultimately lose out like North Korea and Mugabe's Zimbabwe who had to ultimately dollarise his currency.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Solozzo(m): 12:21am On Jun 24, 2013
Nothing to bother about. It's bond money, you get it back on your return. Probably applies to students as well.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 12:31am On Jun 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

How does this your "awareness" link to the strategy for development and underdevelopment?

awareness gives Africans the true picture of why they are poor and underdeveloped and who is causing it - in order to tackle a problem you must understand its root causes. once you understand where your problem is coming from you can start to find ways to correct it.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by irebombo: 12:41am On Jun 24, 2013
[I think you are the ignorant one. Of course 90percent of ppl that travel from africa to a white mans land go there to seek better life they dnt plant to return atleast not in 6months so so he knows wht hes tlking abt. Invest your money in naija.

quote author=cb_917d]

Don't be ignorant. It's a bond not a fee, of course you'll get your money back if you return home which you're expected to, hence you're not throwing the £3000 away. By the way, such system exists in South Africa alias repatriation fee. Imagine even our own African counterpart imposes such system on other African nations. No blame game, it is what it is.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan / Nigerians Can Travel, Do Business With 120 Countries Without Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.