Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45570 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 12:44am On Jun 24, 2013
cap28:

awareness gives Africans the true picture of why they are poor and underdeveloped and who is causing it - in order to tackle a problem you must understand its root causes. once you understand where your problem is coming from you can start to find ways to correct it.

So everything about your problem, someone "is causing it"? When you know who is "causing your problem", how do you solve it?

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Bashirfuntua(m): 12:53am On Jun 24, 2013
you love me i love you you hate me i hate you. Thats the fucking rule
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by tpia5: 1:13am On Jun 24, 2013
olewao:

£3,000 is small, they need to raise it to around £10,000 to make it sensible!

shocked
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by nijanigga: 1:23am On Jun 24, 2013
ddeola: Nonesense ! Wetin UK get to offer than to take from others wey still dey struggle. The day our leadership problem don dey resolved, I swear even America no go fit compete with us. Nija is too blessed to be rubbished by any country in the world

People like you have been boasting like this for decades, we're still waiting for the day Nigeria will compete with America. Don't you see,in Brazil and Turkey their youths came out against their governments,in Nigeria people like you hid under the bed during the subsidy strike and after a week labour leaders collect some dollars case closed.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by sambos994(m): 1:59am On Jun 24, 2013
Well, maybe Nigerians will stop going to UK and develop Nigeria. Wee sending our intellectuals to these countries, imagine what they can for this country.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Allenkee: 2:31am On Jun 24, 2013
Foolish Britain! After they raped almost the whole world in the name of colonialism and massive exploitation of natural resources from different continents especially Africa and Asia. They used other countries wealth and raw materials to develop London, now they don't want to pay for all the evils they committed.

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Goldie20: 3:07am On Jun 24, 2013
grin

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 24, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: If you have 3000 pounds, please start a business in Nigeria. Any business. Don't go and waste away in England.

Bros like which good business 3k can do in Nigeria? Business with dignity, not hawking or saying oga come buy.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Pennywise(m): 5:28am On Jun 24, 2013
It is unfair to expect the Nigerian govt to reciprocate this policy bc we all know British citizens can never get their money back from the Nigerian govt when returning back to their country
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by charles424(m): 5:30am On Jun 24, 2013
What is the difference between UK and NIGERIA?

UK..Good leadership
NIGERIA...Bad leadership

UK...Well organised Govt programs

NIGERIA.....NO Organisation...Datz all

UK...Use public fund and stolen wealth from other african nations to build their country..

NIGERIA....Steal public funds and take it to western world for dem to use in building...

SHAME TO OUR SELFISH and SENSELESS LEADERS.....Datz all

6 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by lastpage: 6:24am On Jun 24, 2013
Sun of god: That will cut travel to the UK by 90% by Nigerians.

A very Discriminatory policy - it will cost the uk.

It's not enough they they charge extortionate fares to travel there.

Its a double-edged sword, sort of!

*Nigerians practically keep British Airways afloat because we are their biggest customers, in terms of numbers.
*U.K Embassy in Nigeria is the RICHEST amongst all UK embassies world-wide, in-terms of income generated.

Other areas include Higher Education tutions.

So, if they implement policies that make it impossible or 'cuts-off' majority of Nigerians coming to the U.K,
They can also expect to "feel the pinch" in a lot of places, aside the two l mentioned above.

Ediye ba'lokun, ara o'rokun, ara oro'adiye! grin grin (Yoruba adage!)

okay, ..l will translate for you before you pull-off your hairs! grin

(When and if a Hen decides it wants to perch on a rope, neither the Hen nor the rope will enjoy stability!) wink wink )

Lastpage!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by grandlexuz(m): 6:30am On Jun 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

Do you know the volume of trade going between China and the West. Do you know where China holds the bulk of its foreign reserves? Do you know how Piracy in the Somali waters has been reduced in the last few months? It is cooperation and partnership, East West partnership quite different from what the likes of cap28 with his defeatist agenda will wish
for.

So you can keep to yourself and call it "consciousness". The world is moving beyond such nonsense, we are integrating borders more than we did in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. Those who live in such age will ultimately lose out like North Korea and Mugabe's Zimbabwe who had to ultimately dollarise his currency.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Monday said it expects the Russian government to "look at all options available" to expel former government contractor Edward Snowden back to the United States to face espionage charges.
The White House National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said the United States also registered strong objections to authorities in Hong Kong and China through diplomatic channels at the decision to let Snowden flee.
And "noted that such behavior is detrimental to U.S.-Hong Kong and U.S.-China bilateral relations," Hayden said.
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-says-expects-russian-government-look-options-042146050.html

Why do you think the Hong Kong authorities allowed Snowden to move on to Russia, despite the US asking for his extradition? The Americans are now counting on cooperation from Russia. Off course we all know the Russians will never extradite the guy to the US, the guy is already enroute Ecuador to seek for asylum. This gives you a picture that no matter the volumes of trade involve there is a major distrust between countries. This is true especially for the US and Asia including Russia. Much of it dates back to history! Once upon a time the UK was the God of the world. The could do anything the want. We ( Africans) slaved for them. The products of our sweat was exported to the crown. What did we get in return?? Not to forget we even fought wars for them..lol What was our involvement in the First and Second World wars. When we wanted our independence we had to fight for it. In countries like DRC and Kenya many died for it.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by hotwax: 6:40am On Jun 24, 2013
A nice move. UK ERope to stop importing terrorists and gold diggers.

Lets make our home a home.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by grandlexuz(m): 6:51am On Jun 24, 2013
hotwax: A nice move. UK ERope to stop importing terrorists and gold diggers.

Lets make our home a home.

Terrorists would be more than happy to put down that amount and blow some Brits head off their shoulders. As for gold the last time I checked, we had more of it in South Africa and Ghana. So what is there to dig in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ewet: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2013
Do you have any idea hw much thy make from visa fees alone? Check out hw many applications thy get and here thy stated they issued just over a 100k applications.tht is less than a 1/4 of total appilications then multiply tht by 21k per visa fee then you go knw wetin i dey talk abt.

And our useless govt will sit by and let this rubbish go on.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ewet: 7:02am On Jun 24, 2013
cb_917d:

Don't be ignorant. It's a bond not a fee, of course you'll get your money back if you return home which you're expected to, hence you're not throwing the £3000 away. By the way, such system exists in South Africa alias repatriation fee. Imagine even our own African counterpart imposes such system on other African nations. No blame game, it is what it is.

Trust me,nigerians will still definitely find a way round it!

You are exempted if you have reasonable prove of employment here,going to study,medical trips being paid for,credible sponsor or some1 financially capable of accomodating you in the UK.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cycline404(m): 7:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Imagine if they receive N 303,000,000 or 1,212,000GBP from visitors coming in from Nigerian this year we have not added other countries... Dammm those people will grow there economy and Nigerians will still be there hussling and huslling.... Its sounds crazy though.... UK! undecided
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by olumose41: 7:38am On Jun 24, 2013
i knew this britico people will come up with a tough measure when that silly boy killed a soldier in woolwich,,,here it is,,,,with 780k i will rule the world here in naija,,gbogbo igbadun. UK,,,London irritate me. Well, it will make us develop better. Thanks to Mama Charlie,,,,but the money dey naija plenty, our guys go still pay ham enter. S.Africa 110k, T&T 500,000k we dey pay them go and come back.no be so?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by JoeMosco(m): 7:51am On Jun 24, 2013
cb_917d:

Don't be ignorant. It's a bond not a fee, of course you'll get your money back if you return home which you're expected to, hence you're not throwing the £3000 away. By the way, such system exists in South Africa alias repatriation fee. Imagine even our own African counterpart imposes such system on other African nations. No blame game, it is what it is.
My knowledge of Finance tells me that This bond money will last for atleast Six months(period of stay/visit) in the bank of Britain.... Meaning that Britain can invest with this "costless" fund . For me, this will be a good source of Finance for Britn at the expense of the "visitors" who will probably recieve no interest on the bond.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 24, 2013
They are indirectly telling Nigerians in UK to come back home, 780,000k is quite a sum to use as bond then if the person dies nko what happens to the money? Just thinking. undecided
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by kazola30: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2013
Deir father! Make dem hold deir country. Naija better pass any country for dis world.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by mickyarams: 8:10am On Jun 24, 2013
Another reason why we should not be part of the so called common wealth. The simple truth is they don't like us and don't give a 4ck about us. They pretend they give us foreign aid which they know will be stolen buy our hopeless and brainless leaders and deposited in their banks.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by worry359(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2013
bellychiz: if the person dies nko what happens to the money? Just thinking. undecided
You DIE we spend your money on luxuries!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by tokunbobo(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: If you have 3000 pounds, please start a business in Nigeria. Any business. Don't go and waste away in England.

I totally agree with you. The way UK is hardening their immigration rules, it is only a fool and a totally hopeless Nigerian will want to take a decision of breaching immigration rules for 3000 pounds. You can use that money to get yourself a landed property in Lagos.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by GenSpecific: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2013
The UK is broke!

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2013
Na UK I dey oo...no come this country oo..Na disease...Eehen, i don tell u my own..Na very useless place...If to sey i know, na naija i for dey, make i finish my masters, the way i go take run come naija, queen sef no go believe.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by AjanleKoko: 8:38am On Jun 24, 2013
What categories of applicants will the bond apply to?
Can't possibly apply to all categories of visitors. Maybe first-time visitors.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by worry359(m): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2013
AjanleKoko: What categories of applicants will the bond apply to?

All visitors from "At risk" countries with high proportion of visa fraud & overstaying.
Nigeria and Packistan head the list of fraudulant visitors.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by AjanleKoko: 8:44am On Jun 24, 2013
worry 359:

All visitors from "At risk" countries with high proportion of visa fraud & overstaying.
Nigeria and Packistan head the list of fraudulant visitors.

*sigh*
Well, it's their country.
No need to complain. If you no wan pay, don't apply for their visa. shikena embarassed
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by justwise(m): 8:45am On Jun 24, 2013
AjanleKoko: What categories of applicants will the bond apply to?

6 months visa applicants, basically first timers
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by raystanley(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2013
solomon111: why should Nigerian govt retaliate?
Did they ask you to travel abroad?
The FG should do nothing.
Invest those monies in Nigeria instead of wasting them on visa in pursuit of an illusion.
you are an idiot, when Nigeria is as dumb as hell, made by the government, why wount they find their way out...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan / Nigerians Can Travel, Do Business With 120 Countries Without Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.