Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45544 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
toshmann:
grin

For real, the USA passport carriers lucky grin

Free/immediate Canadian citizenship
Entry to most country go easy

I no know wia my green passport dey sef

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by toshmann(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

For real, the USA passport carriers lucky grin
Lol

Free/immediate Canadian citizenship
Entry to most country go easy

I no know wia my green passport dey sef

So how u take de go London for monthly shopping grin
Come to think of it, I've not seen my green passport since 2011. Make I go make sure say e still dey o
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Paentera(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
oche_ejemb: Going by these figures, thats a whopping 30million pounds per year. Sounds like a good short term interest free loan to me!

£303 million actually (£3k @101,000 visitors annually). From Nigeria alone. Someone should get a bonus for suggesting such an idea. I see them retaining at least 25% of this figure over time (a cool £75m annually).
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by TheBookWorm: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
toshmann:

Hehehe I laugh in Zulu. Make I no talk lipsrsealed

Maybe I should emphasized highly trained immigrants. We do not need anymore laborers, but if you are good at working with computers then welcome. cool
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
toshmann:
Lol

So how u take de go London for monthly shopping grin
Come to think of it, I've not seen my green passport since 2011. Make I go make sure say e still dey o

Ahhh my brother........na my direct blood line to Adenuga.
Ayam blessed.
Lol go check am now now, Im sure the green don turn to salad by now lol

Before the Nigerian patriots descent on my post, I want y'all to know that I still love Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by octavian(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
£3000k that's is no small money but the truth is if u've nothing 2 do in UK sit in 9ja.. but hope all Eastern European countries like Romania,Bulgaria will pay Bonds as well because those guys are migrating like swarm of Locusts..
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomonwis(m): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
4 Play:

Nigeria is poor shocked shocked. Nigeria's oil revenues since 1960 is less than the British Govt's tax receipt for this year alone.

Nigeria is poor shocked Don't let's talk about oil revenue here! You want to equate our oil revenue with what you see on paper, you know what I mean...Oh you forgot what played out during the fuel subsidy probe?...so many thing uncovered, many still buried.. Don't just let's go there

Where is the British Govt. getting the tax receipts from?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Acidosis(m): 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Well, I don't blame them cheesy

Na their country... their father land

Whenever I remember my root, I always have a reason to smile. smiley
I'm only waiting for the day the U.K government will ask me to pay £3000 entry fee into my village cheesy

Until then... I'm sooo cool with whatever law they make smiley
You live your life there.. I live mine here cheesy
If I have a reason to be there, I pay! and if the cash is unavailable, I siddon my house! cheesy

omo, life na jeje oo... no time for much talk..

And for those who want to travel "abroad" for travelling sake, the globe comprises of over 190 countries and about 3400 cities, meaning you can't even tour half of the cities in the world if you decide to spend 1week/1 city

Just do your best and make impact wherever you are.. smiley No need for insults..

5 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by toshmann(m): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
Acidosis: Well, I don't blame them cheesy

Na their country... their father land

Whenever I remember my root, I always have a reason to smile. smiley
I'm only waiting for the day the U.K government will ask me to pay £3000 entry fee into my village cheesy

Until then... I'm sooo cool with whatever law they make smiley
You live your life there.. I live mine here cheesy
If I have a reason to be there, I pay! and if the cash is unavailable, I siddon my house! cheesy

omo, life na jeje oo... no time for much talk..

And for those who want to travel "abroad" for travelling sake, the globe comprises of over [b]190 countries and about 3400 cities, meaning you can't even tour half of the cities in the world if you decide to spend 1week/1 city [/b]

Just do your best and make impact wherever you are.. smiley No need for insults..

They can always go to Tahiti grin
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Acidosis(m): 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
toshmann:

grin grin grin sounds like a witchcraft coven...

But seriously, fullfilment is the key word here..
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Godson201333(m): 9:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
Tscheeewwww
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 4Play(m): 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
solomonwis:

Nigeria is poor shocked Don't let's talk about oil revenue here! You want to equate our oil revenue with what you see on paper, you know what I mean...Oh you forgot what played out during the fuel subsidy probe?...so many thing uncovered, many still buried.. Don't just let's go there

Where is the British Govt. getting the tax receipts from?

Yes, Nigeria is poor country. Let's have a debate that is based on facts not like a beer parlour argument. As at 2008, Nigeria's total oil revenue since independence stood at around $600bn as stated in this link:
Since 1960, over $600 billion in oil revenues has flowed into Nigeria’s coffers; it represents an opportunity unavailable to much of the developing world. These petrodollars could have been spent pro­duc­tively, could have transformed agriculture, laid the foundation for an effective public education system, pro­vided much-needed infrastructure. Yet, according to the World Bank, of that $600 billion, $300 billion has simply disappeared into overseas bank accounts through theft and corruption.
http://qn.som.yale.edu/content/has-globalization-failed-nigeria

That may sound like a lot of money but remember that we are a nation of at least 160m. For comparison and to illustrate how poor we are, the UK has a population of 62m but its tax revenue this year alone, £612bn or $970bn, exceeds Nigeria's petro-revenue since independence:http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2013/mar/20/budget-2013-tax-spending-visualised

The notion that Nigeria is a rich country is deeply flawed when you factor in the population size. Our GDP numbers confirm this. Had we had the population of the UAE, it will be a different story all together.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Fajzay: 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
pDude: Una still wan go UK?

It is obvious they no longer want Nigerians in their country. All you lot do is feed off their benefits system. Now they will ensure you don't even try it.

Imagine delivering 6 children and expecting the tax payers to foot the bill. Bunch of Nigerian leeches.
Which tax payers ... Forget it man. People pay their bills
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Fajzay: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
adaobi123: £3000 ? Dammnnn. Another way for the Brits to earn some dough. tongue

Its a bond. You get it back when u return to your country within the time frame given to u for stay. SO if u try anything funny, u loose it
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 1forall: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
4 Play: Nigeria is poor country... remember that we are a nation of at least 160m. For comparison and to illustrate how poor we are, the UK has a population of 62m but its tax revenue this year alone, £612bn or $970bn, exceeds Nigeria's petro-revenue since independence.

The notion that Nigeria is a rich country is deeply flawed when you factor in the population size. Our GDP numbers confirm this. Had we had the population of the UAE, it will be a different story all together.

But must we earn more than the UK before we can have basic amenities - power, water, roads, healthcare?
And why have you neglected the years of sustained corrupt and irresponsible leadership?
Abi you don forget all the money wey Government officials dey steal?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by PeeDaVinci: 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
hmm, i think the so-called new rule has been existing in germany (with some variation) for some years now.
i think the rule will hurt the brits (wrt income from visitors/tourists) as much as it hurts genuine visitors with no such bond money. However, as much as the bond money does not leave the visitors country(in our case, nigeria) for the british econonmy, i will consider it fair.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Remii(m): 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
octavian: £3000k that's is no small money but the truth is if u've nothing 2 do in UK sit in 9ja.. but hope all Eastern European countries like Romania,Bulgaria will pay Bonds as well because those guys are migrating like swarm of Locusts..

bond should be redeemable not payment or lost if visitor don't over stay their visa now, why are posters writing as if the dough is lost once paid. It is suppose to guarantee that guys don't become adelumolo. I miss Idiagbon, he would have immediately slammed thrice that amount on British visitors too. : grin
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 4Play(m): 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
1forall:

But must we earn more than the UK before we can have basic amenities - power, water, roads, healthcare?
And why have you neglected the years of sustained corrupt and irresponsible leadership?
Abi you don forget all the money wey Government officials dey steal?
[quote author=1forall]

Not sure what point you are rebutting. I'm addressing the flawed idea that Nigeria is a rich country and that the Brits benefit as much from us as we do from them.

Even if our leaders stole nothing at all, we will be less poor but poor nonetheless. What we need to focus on is growing our economy, we seem disinterested in this and more concerned with personal wealth accumulation and tribal brick bats.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Ladapo(m): 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
I have always said one's country is the best place to be, ni matter how long you live abroad laws can always change against your favor....we should learn to keep our house including order...N how I wish we carried the subsidy protest to the end.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomonwis(m): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
4 Play:

Yes, Nigeria is poor country. Let's have a debate that is based on facts not like a beer parlour argument. As at 2008, Nigeria's total oil revenue since independence stood at around $600bn as stated in this link:http://qn.som.yale.edu/content/has-globalization-failed-nigeria

That may sound like a lot of money but remember that we are a nation of at least 160m. For comparison and to illustrate how poor we are, the UK has a population of 62m but its tax revenue this year alone, £612bn or $970bn, exceeds Nigeria's petro-revenue since independence:http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2013/mar/20/budget-2013-tax-spending-visualised

What are the parameters for measuring the poverty level of a country? The quantum of resources at its disposal? the welfare of the citizenry? the GDP?

You can not base your argument on those figures I maintain. In a country where the paucity of data is alarming, where the level of corruption is award winning, how do arrive at the revenue generated from oil. Are they really accounting for all the oil transactions in the country? Please, this is not about oil revenue nor is it about those data that you can not vouch for.

Our poverty is not caused by the resources that we have or we have not.....It is GREED, leadership problem and corruption!

The welfare of a country is not determined by the resources at the disposal of a country but by the welfare system put in place by a government that have the genuine interest of the people at heart.

No country is poor except when the leaders are poor in thinking!

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
Fajzay:

Its a bond. You get it back when u return to your country within the time frame given to u for stay. SO if u try anything funny, u loose it

The £303m from naija alone will be put in interest yielding assets for six months, that's extra money for them. Smart people, they know where the money is and how to go for it.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by skyfall: 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
Policewoman: British Government don dey WISE UP now grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you had to quote that long article just to write this line? Not surprising though, you're a Naija policewoman.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by grandlexuz(m): 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
DJDOLA: I hear say dem dey plug money for tree in uk sha na tru?

Rudebwoy:

"pluck" not "plug"

You would have equally told him "Shah" not "sha". Why you go di find fault in everything. Na wa for you oh! Reminds me of Chinua Achebe's No longer At Ease. When Obi Okonkwo returned from Britain, the villagers frowned and were disappointed at him using "is" during his welcome ceremony. They expected him to use big terms because he was from obodoyipo..lol By the way your username is suppose to be Rude boy and not Rudebwoy..lol
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by skyfall: 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

The £303m from naija alone will be put in interest yielding assets for six months, that's extra money for them. Smart people, they know where the money is and how to go for it.

That's assuming you'll stay the entire 6 months at a stretch. Most people go for 1- or 2-wk holidays.

And for the 3k, I don't blame them. We're the ones who refused to fix our country, amidst vast resources and run to UK like it's heaven.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 1forall: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
4 Play: Not sure what point you are rebutting.
I disagree that Nigeria is poor as you put it, our leaders have just been serially visionless rent seekers, wastefully looting and spending our commonwealth.

Even if our leaders stole nothing at all, we will be less poor but poor nonetheless.
I disagree because proper use of our revenue would have created more wealth.

What we need to focus on is growing our economy, we seem disinterested in this and more concerned with personal wealth accumulation
Exactly! It's all about the loot for these guys and we all know it.

Bottom line: I disagree that Nigeria is poor. We have more than enough. The UK for all it's tax revenue is in a mini-recession right now.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by tallfish145(m): 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
What if after paying d bond and dies bfor ur stay expires,who will get d cash back?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by wowo2: 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2013
how much is 3000 pounds that desperate people can not get from illegal means like yahoo yahoo... angry
If they want people to go to uk and leave, they should promise interest on the bond and many people will be going and coming....that way uk economy will also grow because they spend money on shopping...
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomonwis(m): 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
tallfish145: What if after paying d bond and dies bfor ur stay expires,who will get d cash back?

shocked shocked shocked

I can't help but grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
Fact is we have resources but we don't make use of our resources. One very critical resource we have, that easily comes to my mind and we don't use, is time. It is an intangible resource and to that extent the value is easily forgotten. You here them say, "African time". Like seriously, what the fvck is that. You go to a party that is meant to start at 3pm by 3pm in naija and you are seen as a hungry man, "long throat", "na you wan help them start the party". You are seen as wrong even though you are right.

We have not gotten the basics right, our value system has been eroded. We attach more value to intangibles rather than tangible things. Nigerians think once you throw money at any problem, you get a solution. Money is only one of the resources needed for growth as there are many more with bigger impacts

I tell you what, what makes Britain is not Heathrow Airport, it is not Buckingham Palace, it is not the buildings at Canary Wharf. It is the fact that they are better organised. These things are intangible but have the biggest impact on development.

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
this is good...keep the broke azzz negros from traveling

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
skyfall:

That's assuming you'll stay the entire 6 months at a stretch. Most people go for 1- or 2-wk holidays.

And for the 3k, I don't blame them. We're the ones who refused to fix our country, amidst vast resources and run to UK like it's heaven.

UK tourist visas are usually valid for 6 months and most come with multiple entry rights; and to that extent I don't think they will hold the bonds for just the duration of your stay. They will most likely hold it for the duration of your visa.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by texazzpete(m): 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
toshmann:

You think it's a joke, but Tahiti is actually a much more picturesque and exotic tourist destination than the UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Air Peace Receives New 165-Seater Boeing 737-800 Aircraft (Photos) / Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.