Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno (6429 Views)

Nigerian Troops Intensify Operations Against Boko Haram Terrorists. See Photos / BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing / Nigerian Army Recaptures And Patrols Baga (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2013
The Defence Headquarters has said its Special Forces are focusing on the new terrorist threats in Borno State through ongoing land and air patrols in Bama and Gwoza.
The army said available information and intelligence were being used to trail terrorists that were regrouping to destabilise the areas, adding that some of them had been apprehended.
Boko Haram insurgents, who were dislodged from their Sambisa Game Reserve by security forces, had reportedly dispatched threat letters to residents of Bama and Gwoza a week earlier, warning of bloodbath in seven days and forcing them toflee their homes.
The sect had in the letters said to be writtenin Kanuri and Hausa languages, warned residents of the towns, who are mainly civil servants, to resign their jobs and burn their employment documents or risk being consumed by the impending war.
Some of the Boko Haram insurgents, who were dislodged from their enclaves in northern and central Borno, were believed to have regrouped on Gwoza hills and in Mandara mountains in southern Borno.
But the Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Chris Olukolade, told our correspondenton Sunday that the special forces would dealwith the insurgents, whom he described as miscreants.
According to him, the troops on the ground are doing all that is necessary to contain thenew threats and ensure that lives and property are protected.
Asked if there would be fresh deployment oftroops in the troubled areas, Olukolade demurred but noted that deployment was a continuous exercise that would be done when the need arose.
He said, Threats by the group are being duly addressed by ongoing patrols of the special forces on land and air. That area is now under a special focus and every available information is being used to trail any terrorist attempting to team up for any kindof operation or threat against citizens.
Meanwhile, men of the Special Task Force onFriday battled with insurgents, who were planning to attack some minority villages ofYamini, Karkashi, Shikal and Lokan, on the fringes of southern Plateau State.
The villagers had sent a distress call to the task force, complaining that some insurgents, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, were camping behind Mango plantation in Wase town and Sakin Kudu in Taraba State with the intention of attacking them.
They had also fled their communities for fear of being attacked by these insurgents, who were also said to have mixed up with some terrorist elements suspected to have camped in Ibbi on the fringes of Taraba State.
However, following the call, some operatives were said to have been deployed on Friday to dislodge them from the villages.
Executive Director, Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark Lipdo, who raised the alarm, said the insurgents retreated on sighting the men of the task force.
Lipdo, in a text message to our correspondent on Sunday, said, Indiginous minorities around Karkashi/Yamini of Southern Plateau are full of praises for Special Task Force as they watch their adversaries fleeing on (Friday June 21, 2013)on millitary arrival. Sources said people slept well as only a few fulani now remaining around Shikal and that many are returning to their homes. Thanks to STF.
STF Spokesman, Capt. Mustapha confirmed the development. He however said that nobody was killed, adding that there were also no arrests.
He said, Our men were sent to dislodge them and we are also deploying strategies to ensure that elements of terrorists do not infiltrate Plateau through that flank
punchng
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by sheedy407(m): 7:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Kill dem all
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 24, 2013
sheedy407: Kill dem all
angry angry angry angry
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by ogaboko: 7:49am On Jun 24, 2013
we shall see. angry
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by donem: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2013
oga boko: we shall see. angry
From their handle and signature you shall know them, smh!.

6 Likes

Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Kcxee(m): 8:28am On Jun 24, 2013
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2013
Stories upon stories
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by martin1772(m): 9:54am On Jun 24, 2013
Y dislodging them, y nt fry dem. They are supposed to be killed
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by thrugemaster(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Stories upon stories

c one of them here

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by timecop28: 9:59am On Jun 24, 2013
If You have information on where they are regrouping, then what are u waiting for?
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by thrugemaster(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2013
also extend the net to their various hidden sponsors
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by timecop28: 10:02am On Jun 24, 2013
Smh. It's fun and games till things get reals and ure implicated.
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by mike404(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2013
IMAM sheCOW

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by MCKULQ(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2013
boko haram again ? na wah oooooooooh shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by samilo88(m): 10:20am On Jun 24, 2013
Your pseudonym shows how miserable your life is..
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by samtin(m): 10:20am On Jun 24, 2013
beautiful lies grin
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by victorazy(m): 10:27am On Jun 24, 2013
Breaking News!!!
I think Igbo are the real antidote this country really needs. Imagin our strikers cant score bcuz no Igbo guy was there. I pity this country that the way other common, filthy, fragile, incapable, feeble, inproficient, brainless tribes are managing d country "thank God Keshi's name is Okechukwu" no wonder he is doing excellent. See Musa, no brain like cow! See Ideye-nettrophobian "fear of net" while Mikel scored "Igbo" Echiejile "Igbo" Nnamdi "Igbo" na wao! Na only this tribe wan the progress of this country?

3 Likes

Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by KayEnn(m): 10:32am On Jun 24, 2013
victorazy: Breaking News!!!
I think Igbo are the real antidote this country really needs. Imagin our strikers cant score bcuz no Igbo guy was there. I pity this country that the way other common, filthy, fragile, incapable, feeble, inproficient, brainless tribes are managing d country "thank God Keshi's name is Okechukwu" no wonder he is doing excellent. See Musa, no brain like cow! See Ideye-nettrophobian "fear of net" while Mikel scored "Igbo" Echiejile "Igbo" Nnamdi "Igbo" na wao! Na only this tribe wan the progress of this country?
[color=#006600][/color]This one don kolo

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by KayEnn(m): 10:34am On Jun 24, 2013
[quote author=victorazy]Breaking News!!!
I think Igbo are the real antidote this country really needs. Imagin our strikers cant score bcuz no Igbo guy was there. I pity this country that the way other common, filthy, fragile, incapable, feeble, inproficient, brainless tribes are managing d country "thank God Keshi's name is Okechukwu" no wonder he is doing excellent. See Musa, no brain like cow! See Ideye-nettrophobian "fear of net" while Mikel scored "Igbo" Echiejile "Igbo" Nnamdi "Igbo" na wao! Na only this tribe wan the progress of this country?This one don kolo
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Boll2010: 10:35am On Jun 24, 2013
e b lyk say ur oga dn gv u chance play small abi,u beta go bak to alaba intl market n continue doin wat ur wack miserable life as being destined for! Blind by tribalism wil surely fail wit tribalism!fool!

2 Likes

Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2013
lol @victorazy, go get your brain checked dats all. @op instead of the stf to arrest n kill those criminals, they re dislodging them?? wont they come bck?
when they were runnin y didnt they chase dem? smh
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Castos(m): 10:51am On Jun 24, 2013
Kill them when you get them.
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by sobaemma(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2013
Na today u know say na we igbos get everytin,business o,money o,sport o,see all our super eagles players na biafra,obobona,omeruo,mikel emenike,kalu uche echejile,our coach okechukwu,i cant want to be seperate from yorubas,hausa and other rubbish tribes,using our infleunce in the world to cover up,ngozi iwela,world bank,inshut,fork nigerians
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by sobaemma(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2013
Remove,igbos,nnamdi,omeruo,mikel,coach okechukwu,uche,echejile,infact football is owned by igbo,kanu,okocha say better,minus igbo from nigeria then tahiti go get advantage to be spain over night,hhahaahhaahha
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by dad007(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2013
KayEnn: [color=#006600][/color]This one don kolo
Na small pikin dey worry am.
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by dad007(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2013
sobaemma: Na today u know say na we igbos get everytin,business o,money o,sport o,see all our super eagles players na biafra,obobona,omeruo,mikel emenike,kalu uche echejile,our coach okechukwu,i cant want to be seperate from yorubas,hausa and other rubbish tribes,using our infleunce in the world to cover up,ngozi iwela,world bank,inshut,fork nigerians
I wish I could spite on your face.spraaaaaaaah,onuofia.
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by bobthebuilder99(m): 11:37am On Jun 24, 2013
sobaemma: Na today u know say na we igbos get everytin,business o,money o,sport o,see all our super eagles players na biafra,obobona,omeruo,mikel emenike,kalu uche echejile,our coach okechukwu,i cant want to be seperate from yorubas,hausa and other rubbish tribes,using our infleunce in the world to cover up,ngozi iwela,world bank,inshut,fork nigerians

See your life. I have never seen a more racist group of people.

Please Observe The Following Rules:
1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by ennecco: 11:45am On Jun 24, 2013
who are the master minded of boko haram? who finance them? with all this arrest and ducument recovary. is enough for nigeria security forces to flush out boko haram master minded criminals. i pray jesus we crate common way for bokoharam to be flush out in nigeria territory and be a somthing of the past. AMEN.
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Joshcoli(m): 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2013

We will find you, we shall trace every cookies, every IP address you are browsing from and we will get you and then you will properly see.
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Hamazz1: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2013
I think Igbo are the real antidote this country really needs. Imagin our strikers cant score bcuz no Igbo guy was there. I pity this country that the way other common, filthy, fragile, incapable, feeble, inproficien, brainless tribes are managing d country "thank God Keshi's name is Okechukwu" no wonder he is doing excellent. See Musa, no brain like cow! See Ideye-nettrophobian "fear of net" while Mikel scored "Igbo" Echiejile "Igbo" Nnamdi "Igbo" na wao! Na only this tribe wan the progress of this country?
may be this guys u mentioned should ware biafran jerseys next time.oh forgetn am replying an ultra retardeen.
Re: Special Forces Intensify Land, Air Patrols In Borno by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2013
What a pathetic fool!

(1) (2) (Reply)

This is America And Not Nigeria / Tension!! As Father Mbaka Replies Peter Obi And Nigerians / Soludo Takes A Swipe At Peter Obi. Says He Democratized Poverty In Anambra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.