Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Lol - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lol (2182 Views)

:o / I Detest Light Skinned Women.. / What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lol by maureensylvia(f): 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
Lol
Re: Lol by AtheistD(m): 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
maureensylvia: please matured advices. Dnt know the most convincing word to tell him. Moreover he is an only son and first son in a family of five

If he wants it then why not. It is his life, his career. Let him join up and serve his country.
Re: Lol by MrsChima(f): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
I had an ex that joined the marines and I broke up with him. Well. We weren't a couple but dated alot and I didn't want that issue so I cut him off.

He is a wounded veteran now and I dont regret my choice.
Re: Lol by Roseey0(f): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
Leave him to pursue hs passion. If God has nt said he will die in the battle field,noting will kill him there. People die everyday even without being in the army.
Re: Lol by AtheistD(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
I had an ex that joined the marines and I broke up with him. Well. We weren't a couple but dated alot and I didn't want that issue so I cut him off.

Really.

Ouch.

That man is a hero. He risked his life to keep you protected. Why must all things with women be about comfort alone. So 80% of women want 10% of men. These women will also moan and blame men for not marrying them when they get to a certain age and marriage prospects look bleak.

A normal, fully fit, healthy banker with millions of dollars worth of bonuses annually can still get into a car accident on his way to work and end up being disabled too so no one can know what life has to offer.

1 Like

Re: Lol by MrsChima(f): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Really.

Ouch.

That man is a hero. He risked his life to keep you protected. Why must all things with women be about comfort alone. So 80% of women want 10% of men. These women will also moan and blame men for not marrying them when they get to a certain age and marriage prospects look bleak.

A normal, fully fit, healthy banker with millions of dollars worth of bonuses annually can still get into a car accident on his way to work and end up being disabled too so no one can know what life has to offer.

He wasn't my man and I didn't want to date a military guy. Yes...he is a wounded hero whose government threw on the side like discarded trash!

Spare me the tears.

1 Like

Re: Lol by AtheistD(m): 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

He wasn't my man and I didn't want to date a military guy. Yes...he is a wounded hero whose government threw on the side like discarded trash!

Spare me the tears.

shocked

He may have been tossed to the side for the government but his sacrifice should always be appreciated. or if he was a billionaire banker using the government to get in policies to enrich his pocket, would you respect him then.

I dont know him but he will always be a hero to me wink
Re: Lol by MrsChima(f): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2013

shocked

He may have been tossed to the side for the government but his sacrifice should always be appreciated. or if he was a billionaire banker using the government to get in policies to enrich his pocket, would you respect him then.

I dont know him but he will always be a hero to me wink

I gave him respect when I told him good luck and blew a kiss.

If he was working for the government without a gun and war....sure.
Re: Lol by AtheistD(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

I gave him respect when I told him good luck and blew a kiss.

If he was working for the government without a gun and war....sure.

It is the ones with the guns I respect the most. They risk their lives with no real benefit other than honour. It isnt easy. many of them have destroyed lives because of government greed and policies.
Re: Lol by kuphid(f): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
Dating/Marrying a soldier is a whole lot of work, you have to make up your mind if you can handle the emotional stress. I don't think you can make him change his mind but you can pray for him to 'grow up' (sorry I had to use d word). I dated a guy like that, only son & he was so passionate about joining d millitary,he applied 2 consecutive years,d mum cried & prayed till one day, on his own, he gave up that ambition & got a job. Now he is glad he took that decision, he actually laughs at d idea of him even thinking he would become a soldier.
But if he doesn't change his mind then you make a decision to stay or not.
Goodluck!
Re: Lol by AtheistD(m): 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
kuphid: Dating/Marrying a soldier is a whole lot of work, you have to make up your mind if you can handle the emotional stress. I don't think you can make him change his mind but you can pray for him to 'grow up' (sorry I had to use d word). I dated a guy like that, only son & he was so passionate about joining d millitary,he applied 2 consecutive years,d mum cried & prayed till one day, on his own, he gave up that ambition & got a job. Now he is glad he took that decision, he actually laughs at d idea of him even thinking he would become a soldier.
But if he doesn't change his mind then you make a decision to stay or not.
Goodluck!

Every guy is a lot of work. There is no easy street. It is either finances, time, non caring, family background, philandering or a host of other problems. That is what relationships are about.
Re: Lol by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2013
Since dt's his passion, let him go for it. If you know you cannot handle the emotional stress, leave him in peace. I doubt he's gonna throw away his passion cos of you, even if he does, he'll always refer to you as the hinderance. Unless he gets to decide HIMSELF against it, there's almost little or nothing you can do.
Re: Lol by Adufaye(m): 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hmm
1.Mayb e attend military sch
2.Mayb military man don punish am b4
3.Mayb e love military wit passion
4.Mayb na him destiny"lol"
5.Mayb him bliv say if him b military him go fit bt nd end 2 boko boys

Just ma comment no #offence#
Re: Lol by Adufaye(m): 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hmm
1.Mayb e attend military sch
2.Mayb military man don punish am b4
3.Mayb e love military wit passion
4.Mayb na him destiny"lol"
5.Mayb him bliv say if him b military him go fit bt nd end 2 boko boys

Just ma comment no #offence
Re: Lol by Godson201333(m): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Women with scopes,This same way i sent my Brother ex lover away.My brother was in the military so we lied to her that my brother got wounded during his service in IRaq.Her feelings changed and she broke up with my bro.This same lady we met at the mall back home in 9ja and she wanted to come back....

Moral...Any career could be dangerous.
Re: Lol by AtheistD(m): 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
Godson201333:

Women with scopes,This same way i sent my Brother ex lover away.My brother was in the military so we lied to her that my brother got wounded during his service in IRaq.Her feelings changed and she broke up with my bro.This same lady we met at the mall back home in 9ja and she wanted to come back....

smiley

I like the way you guys roll. I might try something like that if I suspect I have a gold digger who wont leave me cry
Re: Lol by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
Please let him join the military, that is the way to go....Nigerian Military, The best of men, Victory is from God alone
Re: Lol by kuphid(f): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2013

Every guy is a lot of work. There is no easy street. It is either finances, time, non caring, family background, philandering or a host of other problems. That is what relationships are about.

Relationship is hard work on its own, I know,then imagine adding worrying about your spouse when he's gone off to one country for war.

Op try & see 'army wives' it may help you make your decision.
Re: Lol by MrsChima(f): 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
Godson201333:

If I stayed with the guy I wouldn't be Mrs Chima and I don't regret my Decision.
Re: Lol by Nobody: 4:24am On Jun 25, 2013

If he wants it then why not. It is his life, his career. Let him join up and serve his country.

^^ This grin
Re: Lol by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 25, 2013
I wanna enrol with d Nig. Military (medical corps), I hve made my decisions, I'll stand n fight for my country, serve it d best way I know I can, it is my only country, I love n respect my country, n I don't think any emotions or entanglements of mine could create any diversion 4rm wat I intend.
@ OP some of us were born to be brave, I believe ur BF is one of us, now u can choose to join d brave crew or U can blend with d coward crowd, our fatherland is meant to be protected n its intergrity maintained, If we all keep on running 4rm military, den who will build it 4 us?
U read in d news daily where people re assasinated rampantly, accidents here n there (U should knw ,d number of civilian deaths on daily basis, far outweighs number of soldiers death on d battlefield here in Nig.)

As julius caeser will say:
" Of all d wonders I'v seen in d world d most strange 2 me, is men will die when dey will buh yet men re afraid of death".
Re: Lol by xeexee1: 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
@least is better than police force... he has a flare for it allow him do it
Re: Lol by maureensylvia(f): 3:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Re: Lol by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
Leave the relationship. An only son could die doing any job.
Re: Lol by Handsomeemmy(m): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Leave the relationship. An only son could die doing any job.
Really? And any husband(Human) can die anytime remember?
Re: Lol by Exponental(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Being in d military does nt mean anything. There are retired soldiers living till date. Dont be scared, be positive n pray for whosoever u love to have a longlife irrespective of his profession.
Man Proposes, God Disposes!
Re: Lol by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
Handsomeemmy: Really? And any husband(Human) can die anytime remember?

Thats my point. undecided
Re: Lol by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
Exponental: Being in d military does nt mean anything. There are retired soldiers living till date. Dont be scared, be positive n pray for whosoever u love to have a longlife irrespective of his profession.
Man Proposes, God Disposes!
by the grace of God, My Dad is retired and still alive till date and i'm still trusting God to continue to keep him safe
Re: Lol by maureensylvia(f): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
more advices please
Re: Lol by Roseey0(f): 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
maureensylvia: more advices please
lol,or more support
Re: Lol by Roseey0(f): 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
Use the advc u have in the few comment.
Re: Lol by sakaguchi(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
I still don't get it why girls in northern Nigeria fancy military men that who them and they seem enthralled by it, some love flirting with military boys more yet detest the army if the ones they wanna marry wanna be a soldier....it still puzzles me...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption This Picture / 9 Reasons Why Many Girls Will End Up Singles For Life / What Can I Do To Make My Girlfriend Of 10 Years Leave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.