Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan (4079 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Soldiers Teach Local Boys in the North-East (Photos) / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by omolomolarinero: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2013
Oyo State Governor,AbiolaAjimobi has promised that his administration will provide jobs for street urchins, popularly known as area boys, to completely rid the state of crimes and criminal activities.

This pledge came even as Nollywood actors and actresses hailed the governor for his ‘brilliant performance’ in the last two years, describing it as unprecedented in the history of the state.

Speaking at the popular Mapo Hall in Ibadan shortly after completing the third edition of the monthly fitness walk tagged ‘Ajumorin Walk’,Ajimobi said that arrangements have been made to ensure that the area boys are gainfully engaged so that they could contribute meaningfully to the development of the state.

The Ajumorin Walk, which took off from Challenge and terminated at Mapo Hall, was led by the governor.

The exercise also featured top government functionaries, a large number of Nollywood actors and actresses, local government chairmen, politicians, market men and women and the general public.

The governor, who expressed his government’s commitment to improving the lots of the state in all ramifications through the creation of wealth, stressed that there would be no particular segment of the society that would be left behind in the scheme of things.

Some of the Nollywood actors and actresses who participated in the Walk included Muyiwa Ademola, Fathia Balogun, Femi Adebayo, Olaniyi Afonja (Sanyeri) and others.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/15048-ajimobi-promises-jobs-for-area-boys,-as-nollywood-actors-hail-gov-on-performance.html
follow @whatsupibadan for more trending news in Ibadan

Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by mycito90: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2013
Good
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by toskut(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2013
Rubbish talk.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by olumaxi(m): 11:44am On Jun 25, 2013
Okay,i could see area boys puttin on YES-O uniforms in d next batch
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 25, 2013
Jobs like making life miserable for any of the opposition's party members grin
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by saint047(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2013
Area boys job,wot of d unemployed graduate? Crazy governor

Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by momodub: 11:47am On Jun 25, 2013
goodnews
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by theripper3: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2013
saint047: Area boys job,wot of d unemployed graduate? Crazy governor

Go to the farm

Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by 1bunne4lif(m): 11:48am On Jun 25, 2013
Amen
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Ajekpako(m): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2013
Promises & more promises

Oshiomole's promised to employ all okada people affected by the ban, Jonathan Promised uninterrupted power supply and so on

words are cheap! they are a dime a dozen & any fool can talk. we need action!

Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Skywalker5(m): 11:50am On Jun 25, 2013
job dey ibadan ni?
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2013
Tis the Season of Election and Politics.. the songs of promises are in the air
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by babestell(f): 11:55am On Jun 25, 2013
I hoped he would be more specific. is he building new industries and factories in the state where these young men will be gainfully employed? Has he startd off a free adult education scheme where they can learn skills to equip themselves to function as responsible adults in the society?
BTW why are Nollywood actor/resses hailing him, did he sponsor any movie or set up a film school or movie market for them.

Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by ichommy(m): 11:55am On Jun 25, 2013
Okay, i pray it works
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Gbawe: 11:56am On Jun 25, 2013

Some of you just like to insult others without thinking. Is it not commendable the Governor is looking at ways to proactively provide employment for those who will probably never find legitimate employment because they often have very little education and no formal skills? If administrators do not take an interest in absorbing these disenfranchised and stigmatised class of people into society then they will remain attracted to crime that is a menace to all of us. We all lose in the end.

At least graduates can apply for and gain the few jobs available. Would you employ an 'area boy', with little education and no skills, if a business owner?

Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by theripper3: 11:57am On Jun 25, 2013
Well, I know area boys are a huge part of ACN electioneering process, hence, they have to be mollified or else yawa fit gas.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by johnstar(m): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2013
Dm 1 employ dm as bouncer undecided
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Olaone1: 11:59am On Jun 25, 2013
He has employed them oo grin grin

They are earning 9,700 Naira/month grin
And they don't get paid as and when due.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Gbawe: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
babestell: I hoped he would be more specific. is he building new industries and factories in the state where these young men will be gainfully employed? Has he startd off a free adult education scheme where they can learn skills to equip themselves to function as responsible adults in the society?
BTW why are Nollywood actor/resses hailing him, did he sponsor any movie or set up a film school or movie market for them.

Good point. More info would be appreciated so we know what this entails specifically. The idea itself is good.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Olaone1: 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
babestell: I hoped he would be more specific. is he building new industries and factories in the state where these young men will be gainfully employed? Has he startd off a free adult education scheme where they can learn skills to equip themselves to function as responsible adults in the society?
Abi oo. Thank you
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Melancholy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
what kind of job do u expect street urchins doing but to have their daily bread thatz all! fresh graduate who looks for white collar job which is no where to be found in ibadan,but for few firms.It a gradual process ur turn dey come!
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Bright4(m): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
i know u can't satisfy human being even u re running d affairs with last drop of ur blood,he did nothing nani.well,at least,my friends will have rest of mind @olomi area.but mr.govr.what z happening to d local govt election? cos ve invested so much on the race...so pls i need fundamental answer.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
I hope he is not planning to enroll them into vigilante group
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Olaone1: 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Bright...:
i know u can't satisfy human being even u re running d affairs with last drop of ur blood,he did nothing nani.well,at least,my friends will have rest of mind @olomi area.but mr.govr.what z happening to d local govt election? cos ve invested so much on the race...so pls i need fundamental answer.

Hahahaa.
1 million dollar question. Not gonna happen soon oo
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
ACN politics and area boys syndromes goes hand in hand. I hope these boys are not recruited to curse societal disorder ahead of 2015 general election .
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Anvaller: 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
All politicians in Nigeria will just come and promise jobs... Leaving ppl in perpetual hope. This man shouldn't have sang the same song. I would expect him to be talking more about bringing in industries, his strategies to raise commercial activities in new sectors in the state which will in turn open up job opportunities for ppl across class and skill levels. And then lets see him doing that 1st. Are they already doing that?

Well he said arrangement has been made... Very vague statement. This is it, If arrangement has been made, that means there are jobs already to offer these group of people, they have already worked hard and came up with something for this people. In that case, Why would the governor still keep it secret? Or may be there are actually no job but a plan to empower them, why not drop a hint? A politician will not have a brilliant initiative and not brag about it when they brag about stup1d ones.

U know what, I believe no arrangement has been made. He only made not even a promise but an assurance that seems so empty. It would have been a different scenario if he said "we are looking at how we can bla bla" then in that case he has not promised but he is willing to do something about empowering area boys. But when u said arrangement has been made and u can't drop a hint? I ponder.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Okijajuju1(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2013

Whenever a Nigerian governor promises jobs, it's always LASTMA type jobs.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Reachyrich(f): 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Promise but fail.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by MT: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ajimobi is so confused!. He opened just one flyover at Mokola in Ibadan today and the whole Ibadan stood still. Tinubu, okorocha, osun SSG, alaafin of Oyo, Wasiu Ayinde, aregbesola etc poured into Ibadan to inaugurate just a flyover!. Many major markets were closed throughout the day. Ajimobi has fallen into the pit of the previous governments. He and his wife carried themselves as if they were doing us a favour.
No doubt, the money that will be wasted on this jamboree will be enough to reconstruct at least a school to standard. Unnecessary drain on the state reources.
Shame! Shame!!
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
he tried sha
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by Ngwakwe: 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
saint047: Area boys job,wot of d
unemployed graduate? Crazy
governor

Gbawe:

Some of you just like to insult others without thinking. Is it not commendable

Insult is probably meant for GEJ, PEJ and PDP Governors only.

In my opinion, I would have preferred fierce criticism without insult for anybody in authority.
Re: Ajimobi Promises Jobs For 'Area Boys' In Ibadan by GenSpecific: 6:30am On Jun 26, 2013
clueless open teeth governor

How Pdp Lost The Presidential Election Since Last Year. / Meet Sani Abacha's Daughter Sagesse Gumsu And Her Lovely Son Aboubakar(pics) / Ibeto To Build $386 Million Cement Plant In Enugu