Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143272 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
TribalEAST: Thousands of ibo nairalanders travelled home for xmas and cant even post pics of igbo communal life.

Pls dont post pics of handpicked houses cos if i decide to do thesame concerning ogbomosho you'll think the place is a paradise.

Can you imagine that? Not even a single Arial-view or a communal life image is posted as a testament to their bogus claim.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen:

hapu godi ndi a eji uburu ha gwoo ogwu ego postuo ihe m gwara gi.
kee nke gbasara mu na ha na suicide.
ka awolowo commitiri nke ya, o gbasara m?
megodi ihe biko ka mu Mara na a ga m enweta inspiration from it.

Can you translate that for us? There is no need hiding things from us by writing in your local language.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen:

I dare u.
biko do so. hand picked are allowed in ogbomosho. make sure u stick to ogbomosho.

That is not the issue. The issue is that the thread is created to ascertain the claims by many to make Igbo villages look as though there are no mud houses found in them.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Tablet Man: Let mua clear some certain thingz.... All4naija there is mud house at igbo house, but my brothers here are trying to make u understand that mud house in Igboland are few which is true while some are saying that mud house can't be found at Anambra and Imo state which is a white and fat lie. But I must tell you that, out of 21 local government in Anambra state, u are likely to see mud houses at abt 4 local government which are the riverine areas in Anambra. But the problem is that u will come to Anambra and stay upto 20 years but u won't know that such area are in the state. Even some people from Anambra don't even know that such place exist cos if u don't have any business there, u won't pass the villages, that's why I don't blame those who claimed not to know that anambra still has mud house but the real fact here is that most of this area with mud houses in Anambra state are mainly populated by Igala people ie Nzam,Ifite Ogwari and their neighboring town. Though u can find some mud houses at atani village that belong to igbo people and also the hometown of the late highlife musician chief Osita iheme Osadebe but atani is still one of the riverine area in anambra. All4naija I will bold to tell you that there is nothing like mud house or slum house at nnewi south or north. U can't even find a trace of mud house at typical villages like agulu, nimo, enugu ukwu, abagana, abatete, infact the list is endless. Anambra villages can boast of more brick and block house than mud house.

Berem since u claim to be an igbo girl siding with the yoruba people. Pls tell this all4naija that alaigbo don't have a good number of mud house.

All4naija we don't have large number of mud house in alaigbo unlike other regions in nigeria.

Thank you for the piece of write-up detailing some villages by providing their names and giving a sketchy idea of the areas with villages having mud houses. I still doubt your attempt to create a scenario of this affluence of Igbo people and their achievement when it comes to having buildings in the villages. If only you can provide us with communal life images of those villages to support your statement, I would be very glad to agree with you. But, I know one thing there is not going to be a single image of those villages popping up here soon or I might see it happens till the end of the thread. You know what I mean! cheesy cheesy. This aura of bragging and puffiness in the typical Igbo people with any real world evidences to go with them. Hahaha...

Thank you once again.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

My friend,it is high time you throw in the towel. I'm from Umuoji in Idenmili nortth of Anambra and I was home just before christmas. For all the driving I did in Umuoji,Nkpor and Obosi I didn't come accross a single mud house. Infact,I asked my dad if there still mud houses in Oji and he said "na ebee di",meaning not at all. But he also said you can find them at the shrine where sacrifices are made for the gods. Infact,I can confidently tell you that you can't find a mud house with people still living in it in Anambra.

For all those running their mouth,post the pictures of the mud houses or shut your smelly mouth!

Hahaha... This is laughable. 'I saw an Igbo person at the cafe bar and asked him if there were mud houses in Igbo villages and he said there were as many as can be found in other parts of Nigeria. He said most of the houses close to the roads were usually bricks while those in the interior part of the villages a
were usually mud houses'. So, I don't know why you are trying to lie here that you drove a long distance in the East without finding a single mud houses in the villages. Bwahaha... Tomorrow I will try and look for another Igbo person who would give a better idea. I'll post the information here as soon as I can find any Igbo person.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen: Y are some ppl explaining anything to this bitter man called all4odualand.
if he thinks Igbo villages are filled with mud houses like their own capital cities and their villages in thecwest, he is on a long thing.
He has been told severally that few mud houses are present in igboland and he is still dragging with himself.
Then, nwa agbogho a eji kwuo ugwo agadi, berem sorokwanu ya na ako nonsense.
Efuluefu

Oh,please! The person who agrees there are mud houses in the Igbo villages here has be scolded and called a foreigner. That is Berem, the honest and civilized Igbo person I can see in this argument. You are just going in circumlocution to make your erring post looks though meaningful when it is not.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 4:28am On Jan 01, 2014
capricon: One more thing, onitsha is not what people think. Im even tempted to say that it is one of the best cities in Nigeria. Trust me, people with negative opinion only pass by the expressway.

Exactly. You took the words off my mouth. I passed through Onitsha on saturday on my way to Lagos and I must say I was very impressed with what I saw. Onitsha instead should have been the capital of Anambra state, and not Awka. Lol.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 4:35am On Jan 01, 2014
all4naija:

Thank you for the piece of write-up detailing some villages by providing their names and giving a sketchy idea of the areas with villages having mud houses. I still doubt your attempt to create a scenario of this affluence of Igbo people and their achievement when it comes to having buildings in the villages. If only you can provide us with communal life images of those villages to support your statement, I would be very glad to agree with you. But, I know one thing there is not going to be a single image of those villages popping up here soon or I might see it happens till the end of the thread. You know what I mean! cheesy cheesy. This aura of bragging and puffiness in the typical Igbo people with any real world evidences to go with them. Hahaha...

Thank you once again.

Exactly. Just as I said before, you just don't want to accept that there are very few mud houses in Igboland and almost none in some parts of Igboland, no matter the evidence.

Truth be told, even if given the aerial picture evidence which you're supposedly asking for, you'd still flatly outrightly deny and come up with some reason to doubt the originality of the pictures.

We've asked you severally to take a trip to Igboland to confirm for yourself and you refused. Its become more and more obvious that you're not just ready to have an open mind to learn about the true state of Igboland. You just have your mind fixated on something and that's what you want to hear, even if that's the opposite of reality - that Igboland has mud houses littered everywhere and probably with the highest number in Nigeria.

You seem to be enjoying all the attention being given to you. That's why you're still around here lurking around.

Finally, who has time going around the village taking pictures just to prove a point to an internet font? That ι̥s̶̲̥̅̊ purely an idle man's job?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 4:42am On Jan 01, 2014
Ndipe:

What's the point in comparing Ibo's with average african americans? Uncalled for comparison and smacks of inferiority complex, or would an african american compare themselves with ibos?

@bold...yep. They do. They have commented severally and still comment on how they(AAs) look so much like Igbos.

Its not an inferiority complex thing. Its the blood relationship that's speaking here. Lots of Igbo slaves were taken to the americas during the slave trade. The Igbos were among the top 3 African tribes in US during the slave trade, meaning that they contributed immensely to the gene pool of black americans.

So it doesn't come as a surprise when Igbos and AAs look awfully similar in physical looks.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 4:48am On Jan 01, 2014
Tablet Man: Let mua clear some certain thingz.... All4naija there is mud house at igbo house, but my brothers here are trying to make u understand that mud house in Igboland are few which is true while some are saying that mud house can't be found at Anambra and Imo state which is a white and fat lie. But I must tell you that, out of 21 local government in Anambra state, u are likely to see mud houses at abt 4 local government which are the riverine areas in Anambra. But the problem is that u will come to Anambra and stay upto 20 years but u won't know that such area are in the state. Even some people from Anambra don't even know that such place exist cos if u don't have any business there, u won't pass the villages, that's why I don't blame those who claimed not to know that anambra still has mud house but the real fact here is that most of this area with mud houses in Anambra state are mainly populated by Igala people ie Nzam,Ifite Ogwari and their neighboring town.

Are these towns inhabited only by Igalas? What's their percentage population compared to the number of Igbos there? And are they migrants or natives in these lands?

Tablet Man:
U can't even find a trace of mud house at typical villages like agulu, nimo, enugwu ukwu, abagana, abatete, infact the list is endless.

Anambra villages can boast of more brick and block house
than mud house.

@bold...yep. That's my village in bold. Enugwu-ukwu is a town because of the presence of hotels, schools, filling stations, modern and state-of-the-art structures and facilities and was described as a town, not village, on wikipedia and many websites.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 01, 2014
Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Imo and Abia put together arent up to OYO state in terms of land squaremiles. Those places are densely populated. What you might called a state capital in iboland might be like a neigborhood in oyo state. What you might call a village in iboland might be a combination of 3 streets in oyo state. Ogbomosho, a town in oyo state consisting of 2 local governments areas is bigger than imo and ebonyi states put together while ibadan the capital of oyo state can cover close to 3 states o its own.

*check google for the sq miles of those places. Note: sq miles and nothing else*

The posting of mansions as typical of house in ibo villages is a huge ridicule. Are you guys saying that ibos earn better salaries than other tribes to all have mansions? Are there no poor people there? You mean no face-me-i-face-you houses? You mean the pics of the houses you've been posting belong to you or your father? Stop deluding yourselves.

The number of mansions in oyo state might be more than what you have in iboland- dont fool yourselves with pics of rusty roofs in ibadan cos that is the ancient ibadan before the advent of the british.

Ibos are rich but the majority are poor just as other tribes in nigeria. Will tell me that the ibos selling okrika in lagos island and those hawking pure water all have mansions in iboland? The pics show handpicked mansions. An aerial view cant even prove us wrong cos we know what the state of the nation is- poverty strickened. So long majority of ibos are poor and live below a dollar per day, then i'll say those mansions where handpicked or what is the rate of unemployment in iboland?

Ibos arent better than south africans that still have mud and thatched roof houses and still live zulu live, so stop painting a false picture cos we have millions of ibos living in horrible conditions in places like ajegunle, ajangbadi, orile etc all in lagos, nigeria's finest city which still has slums talkless of iboland. Cant they go back to their mansions? Ok, they'll do when they die.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 9:41am On Jan 01, 2014
@ Tribal East, I know it hurts but igbos have the best and advanced wealth distribution in the country.
Y do u think an okirika seller won't be rich, them curse him? igbos are diff from yorubas, yorubas have to loot to get rich, igbos dont have to.
And since not everybody can get the opportunity to loot, the result is that majority of yorubas are poor while majority of igbos are in varying ranges of the middle class.
Oyo doesn't have any reason for its poverty scale and ancient slummy face. Lagos is smaller than Oyo but we know which is finer. that one aside.
I have been to Ibadan, the bad sides have swallowed the scanty good sides, its still too dirty and too ancient. Ur villages are nothing to write home about.
Igbo villages don't and can't have face me I face u. igbos are individualistic, not necessarily that communal.
In my family and villages , my father and all his brothers have seperate buildings, so who is going to be facing who?
Each house( which mustn't be a mansion) is seperated from the other by a fence and small land/ foliage bfr the next compound.
Even in the precolonial days, a man builds His own hut, Obi and builds separate huts for his wives, as his sons grow, he builds other huts for them and so on.
those low life areas of Lagos u mentionef have more yorubas than igbos, fact.
The high brow lagos areas have mire igbos.
my yr 1 room mate at unizik lived with family at ajegunle, his father is even richer than mine.
Don't ever in ur life think yorubas can equate to igbos in matters of hard work and success, igbos have good saving habits.
U think that pure water seller in Lagos is going to squader all the days profit on one ashawo or get involved keeping lots of concubines as yorubas do.
That's y u naturally don't think an okirika seller cant have a house,.
Come to Onitsha, u wl find a rich person that sels only pants.
They save, reinvest, expand. That's y most Igbo industrialists have more humble beginnings. Innoson was an apprentice in a motor cycle parts shop, owner of peace mass, an apprentice in motor parts and so on.
Aerial views of abiriba village are on the first page.

5 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 01, 2014
^^^^@Ketropofen

what you wrote up their is what i call ibo warped logic. How can you call pure water and okrika sellers who are generally peasants or paupers rich people with mansions? Do you know how much a brick or bag of cement cost? is land cheap in alaigbo? Dont give me dat inheritance bullsh1t cos land gets inherited elsewhere in nigeria too.

You claim ibos are the richest in nigeria. Check forbes list to see the amount of yorubas dat come before the few ibos.

Ibo population is 40million if am not mistaken, so everyone one of them is a multi-millionaire to own a mansion?

Stop trying to save face cos you only end up washing your dirty linen in public.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 10:35am On Jan 01, 2014
Igbos have the best wealth distribution doesn't necessarily mean richest.
all ppl in the top of Forbes list are embezzlers of public funds and aren't self made.
Igbos are not necessarily like that.

Show me where I wrote every Igbo man builds a mansion.
None. Just know that all mud houses in igboland were built then, not now unlike ur place.
Again, yes sb that sells okirika can be rich. there are rich okirika dealers, they mustn't build mansions but they spend wisely and save.
I know yorubas don't understand the power of saving, till they get a govt post where they will loot like tomorrow no dey,.
Show me a self made rich Yoruba: ur Forbes listers - adenuga, okoya, etc are what they are . Thieves .

5 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ceejayluv(m): 10:49am On Jan 01, 2014
TribalEAST: Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Imo and Abia put together arent up to OYO state in terms of land squaremiles. Those places are densely populated. What you might called a state capital in iboland might be like a neigborhood in oyo state. What you might call a village in iboland might be a combination of 3 streets in oyo state. Ogbomosho, a town in oyo state consisting of 2 local governments areas is bigger than imo and ebonyi states put together while ibadan the capital of oyo state can cover close to 3 states o its own.

*check google for the sq miles of those places. Note: sq miles and nothing else*

The posting of mansions as typical of house in ibo villages is a huge ridicule. Are you guys saying that ibos earn better salaries than other tribes to all have mansions? Are there no poor people there? You mean no face-me-i-face-you houses? You mean the pics of the houses you've been posting belong to you or your father? Stop deluding yourselves.

The number of mansions in oyo state might be more than what you have in iboland- dont fool yourselves with pics of rusty roofs in ibadan cos that is the ancient ibadan before the advent of the british.

Ibos are rich but the majority are poor just as other tribes in nigeria. Will tell me that the ibos selling okrika in lagos island and those hawking pure water all have mansions in iboland? The pics show handpicked mansions. An aerial view cant even prove us wrong cos we know what the state of the nation is- poverty strickened. So long majority of ibos are poor and live below a dollar per day, then i'll say those mansions where handpicked or what is the rate of unemployment in iboland?

Ibos arent better than south africans that still have mud and thatched roof houses and still live zulu live, so stop painting a false picture cos we have millions of ibos living in horrible conditions in places like ajegunle, ajangbadi, orile etc all in lagos, nigeria's finest city which still has slums talkless of iboland. Cant they go back to their mansions? Ok, they'll do when they die.
I understand your point... And I also acknowledge your ignorance pertaining to the nature of houses in ibo villages... Even if a man builds a mansion, all his sons will eventually have to build their own houses... And most times considering the seeming competition and show-off exhibited during xmas holiday period, they wouldn't want to build "small" houses. Some will rather wait till they're ready to build at least a fairly large bungalow. Some others will build something small to have a place they call Home at least. one of the main dilemmas we have here is the waste of money in building houses that are bigger than necessary, as most are only occupied for two weeks tops in a whole year. And being rural areas, renting them out won't be profitable.
As for the issue of mud houses, maybe we'll have to open another thread for that and title it "post pictures of traditional Igbo village houses here" so that people that have mud houses present in their communities can post such.
it's been overstated that such mud houses are still present, I dunno how posting pics of pretty houses negates their presence... The thread was opened for the sole reason of posting rural masterpieces. You could have only understood that if you were Igbo. And to that, I forgive your ignorance....

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 01, 2014
^^^^@Ketoprofen

your hate for yorubas is why you think they are still building mud house.

Top 50 african richest has 5 yorubas and no ibo man. Why? You call them thieves? What will you call the kidnappers, otokoto money ritualists, the hard drug traffickers, fake drug sellers etc that have turned iboland into a place america has warned its people to stay away from. What made enugu did crime capital of the world?

You claim all your people are wealthy but lack billionaires. The richest pastors in nigeria are from which tribe? The richest and most successful musicians are from which tribe? Davido's wealth covers psquare's by large. Top private schools and companies are owned and stationed where? Dont mention aba fake product industries. Yorubas are good and endowed but not perfect but you guys want us to believe ibos are angels.

Another warped logic from you will further expose the rot in alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 01, 2014
@Ceejayluv

you made sense. Thumbs up.

Am glad you are not like the other self-denying ibos on this thread so far who are painting alaigbo to be heaven. What exist in alaigbo exists elsewhere.

Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2014
[quote author=TribalEAST]^^^^@Ketoprofen

Top 50 african richest has 5 yorubas and no ibo man. Why? You call them thieves? What will you call the kidnappers, otokoto money ritualists, the hard drug traffickers, fake drug sellers etc that have turned iboland into a place america has warned its people to stay away from. What made enugu did crime capital of the world?

You claim all your people are wealthy but lack billionaires. The richest pastors in nigeria are from which tribe? The richest and most successful musicians are from which tribe? Davido's wealth covers psquare's by large. Top private schools and companies are owned and stationed where? Dont mention aba fake product industries. Yorubas are good and endowed but not perfect but you guys want us to believe ibos are angels.
Another warped logic from you will further expose the rot in alaigbo

I have made my points.
Davido has a richer father than p square btw.
The richest contemporary musician is not a yoruba and u still don't understand the concept of wealth distribution.
Enugu is not and can never be the crime capital of SE not to talk of Nigeria.
Its Ibadan that is the largest slum in west Africa, that's y u were asking for face me I face u in our villages, no.
The towns rather have that than the villages.
I maintain my original protocol.
Happy new yr.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2014
Wow! I never knew Igbo people can be lying about their village houses. That is sad to see here. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
@Ketoprofen

explain wealth distribution to me. Is there a shrine in alaigbo dat distributes wealth to everyone in millions? Maybe its okija shrine. grin

mention davido, wizkid, banky w, tiwa savage then mention 5 ibo musicians as rich as them, Psquare accepted.

Dont cook up figures o!

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
Cry me a river.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
ketoprofen: Cry me a river.
justin timberlake ft timberland but pirated by igbo boys grin

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Are these towns inhabited only by Igalas? What's their percentage population compared to the number of Igbos there? And are they migrants or natives in these lands?

@bold...yep. That's my village in bold. Enugwu-ukwu is a town because of the presence of hotels, schools, filling stations, modern and state-of-the-art structures and facilities and was described as a town, not village, on wikipedia and many websites.
Ii
Ifite Ogwari is not even an Igala town. That guy is very ignorant. To be honest,those riverline Omanbala doesn't live in mud houses but in that area there is what is called water front shanty and that what he was reffering to and nobody lives there. It is use as a shade for fishermen.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
TribalEAST: ^^^^@Ketoprofen

Another warped logic from you will further expose the rot in alaigbo.

Where is this riffraff from ? Abeg,take your insecurities and bounce off,bytch!

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
all4naija: Wow! I never knew Igbo people can be lying about their village houses. That is sad to see here. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Thank you.

At this point, since nobody can prove the existence of mud house in Igboland why can't you take yourself down there and confirm it,instead of lurking around here like a hungry dog in search of bone.
Nobody is lieing here,rather you are the one displaying your shameless ignorance. Abeg,park wella!

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Gboliwe: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
@Odumchi, i'll upload pictures as soon as I get a semblance of a laptop. Today, Nigga Raw with his friends felt like giving and being philantropic, it was well covered by me cheesy
Happy New Year folks!

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by TabletMan: 10:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Nzam is the only town that I am sure that is been inhabited by Igala and igalas are the natives of the town. Ifite ogwari is an igbo town. I am also sure that nzam is not the only igala village in that area.

bigfrancis21:
enugu-ukwu has a village settings whereby u can build company or big hotel at the backyard of ur father's compound. Even nnewi have same settings. But I won't argue if u said that enugu- ukwu is a town .
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by TabletMan: 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:
Ii
Ifite Ogwari is not even an Igala town. That guy is very ignorant. To be honest,those riverline Omanbala doesn't live in mud houses but in that area there is what is called water front shanty and that what he was reffering to and nobody lives there. It is use as a shade for fishermen.
Bro I don't know why u have to insult before u make a statement but no problem if that is so. Don't u know that anambra have many riverine towns? If some of them don't live at their waterfront village where do u expect them to live? Anambra has two big rivers which is omanbala and river niger. Some town are situated at riverine area. And mind ƔƟƲ I am not insinuating that all riverine towns in Anambra have mud house cos ogbaru is also a riverine area with no or less mud house.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

At this point, since nobody can prove the existence of mud house in Igboland why can't you take yourself down there and confirm it,instead of lurking around here like a hungry dog in search of bone.
Nobody is lieing here,rather you are the one displaying your shameless ignorance. Abeg,park wella!
What are you talking about? Before you start to attack my personality by comparing it to a dog you should ask where I live. I think you have a problem,man.

However, there is no argument claiming there are no mud houses in Igbo villages. There are lots and lots of mud houses in Igbo villages. That is a complete fact!

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by achi4u(m): 8:27am On Jan 02, 2014
Without all4naija this thread would've been death by now, so kudos to my man for keeping us busy all this while.
As an Ebonyi man, there are still few mud houses in the hintervillages of my state , but to every one mud house in a compound there MUST be 2to3 modern houses surrounding it...reasons why some of those mud houses can NEVER be touch or pull down is because most of the old papa and mamas preferred it to brick house, they will tell u that this mud house is chilling during the hamattan season.
Their children will build a modern edifice but their parents will prefer to stay at their old huts.

It is even seen as a taboo for a young person to be living in a mud house in the village and be using GSM phone and other modern technology, even ur parents will not be happy with you,they old grad papa will be seeing you as a failure among ur peers.
How can you be traveling to big cities like Lagos, Abuja etc with a good living condition only to come back home with ur club friends to settle in ur old parents mud house? Never, he rather do any odd jobs in order to built a modern house in his fathers compound.
In my own ONUEKE town, hardly will you see some one still living in a mud house,the only widow still living in such house were pulled down by the youth of the village (Onistha branch which contributed money ) and constructed a three rooms brick house within a week just to level that mud.

Have I make myself clear?

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2014
achi4u: Without all4naija this thread would've been death by now, so kudos to my man for keeping us busy all this while.
As an Ebonyi man, there are still few mud houses in the hintervillages of my state , but to every one mud house in a compound there MUST be 2to3 modern houses surrounding it...reasons why some of those mud houses can NEVER be touch or pull down is because most of the old papa and mamas preferred it to brick house, they will tell u that this mud house is chilling during the hamattan season.
Their children will build a modern edifice but their parents will prefer to stay at their old huts.

It is even seen as a taboo for a young person to be living in a mud house in the village and be using GSM phone and other modern technology, even ur parents will not be happy with you,they old grad papa will be seeing you as a failure among ur peers.
How can you be traveling to big cities like Lagos, Abuja etc with a good living condition only to come back home with ur club friends to settle in ur old parents mud house? Never, he rather do any odd jobs in order to built a modern house in his fathers compound.
In my own ONUEKE town, hardly will you see some one still living in a mud house,the only widow still living in such house were pulled down by the youth of the village (Onistha branch which contributed money ) and constructed a three rooms brick house within a week just to level that mud.

Are u talking to all4naija?
He feels we are talking abt Yoruba land where mud houses full gidigba like that, where young ppl live in mud houses.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
achi4u: Without all4naija this thread would've been death by now, so kudos to my man for keeping us busy all this while.

This is a long story indeed. You cannot deceive me with this whitewashed post to make Igbo villages look as though having modern houses with no mud houses. It is very funny to see how you polish your exaggerated statement to suit your Igbo colleagues claim. The funny one is about the widow whose mud building was tore down and was built a brick house by the community just to make sure mud houses were gotten rid off in that village. That is a joke of the new year, if you ask me. cheesy cheesy grin grin

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.