Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,416 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143591 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
all4naija: That isn't the argument though. You are taking the wrong direction to what we are talking about here. It is clear you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Please, post an Arial-view of those Igbo villages which don't have mud-buildings you and your colleagues talked about in previous posts.

Thank you.
LoL... I am so happy u wrote Igbo villages, not Igbo village,
Most villages have mud houses,
But not all Igbo villages do.
Also lemme just tel u, most ppl just say they re going to there village, yet most of there villages re more developed than d places in other states that they currently reside in.
So really to some Igbo's village is just ur ancestral home.
E.g smbodi from owerri, imo state that stays in abuja, wud tell his neighbour"I dae travel go village"...does dat mean owerri is a village?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Can't somebody post pictures of Igbo villages,please?! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What is with the shady idea to post images here by those who claim there are no mud houses in Igbo villages?!

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by thegreatest: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
Final proof there are no mud houses in Imo, Anambra state.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
all4naija: Can't somebody post pictures of Igbo villages,please?! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What is with the shady idea to post images here by those who claim there are no mud houses in Igbo villages?!

Thank you.
Y don't u show us now...MUMU.
Because ur even ur village kings palace is made of mud does that mean our's wud be mud too?...Ediot.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Gboliwe: 7:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
donigspain: Chei, nwanne m ehhhh, I haven't travelled yet. Okoko people travel too early because of your ''Okoko Day'' festival held every 26th. I've got friends from Okoko too. Do you know the house with the inscription ''Lion of Judah'' belonging to a late Policeman? I'm yet to make up my mind to travel but I sure now will because of you and my sweet cousin sister who has been pleading I come back.
We sure will meet either on ''Amokwe Day'' or ultimately on ''Item Day''.
Chai! Nwoke du nma! The house with the inscription 'Lion of Judah' is just in the 'ezi' after mine. We are kindreds. We cannot marry each other. If I tell u my surname and u mention it anwhere in that house, they will bring u straight to my father's house.
Jokwaa
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
thegreatest: Final proof there are no mud houses in Imo, Anambra state.
Are you serious? That is a town close to OKIJA on the Google Earth map.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
lygn19:
Y don't u show us now...MUMU.
Because ur even ur village kings palace is made of mud does that mean our's wud be mud too?...Ediot.

That is not the argument,dude! Just post images of Igbo village houses if you have them and stop making noise.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
Gboliwe:
Chai! Nwoke du nma! The house with the inscription 'Lion of Judah' is just in the 'ezi' after mine. We are kindreds. We cannot marry each other. If I tell u my surname and u mention it anwhere in that house, they will bring u straight to my father's house.
Jokwaa
Are your houses made of mud?

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
all4naija:

That is not the argument,dude! Just post images of Igbo village houses if you have them and stop making noise.

Thank you.
Ok now I can't, pls help me post pictures of the mud houses, or shutup.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Igbo villages...mud house yapa o! E boku wella.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 03, 2014
lygn19:
Ok now I can't, pls help me post pictures of the mud houses, or shutup.

Oh,please! There is no need arguing with you because you are very aggressive and uncivilized in nature. The truth of the matter still remains there are lots of mud houses in Igbo villages.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 03, 2014
Isn't this laughable?! This is the image somebody can post of Igbo villages. The image is below. grin grin grin shocked shocked

Thank you.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1495341_okija_jpgedc3020a152c213be53dca7fb3eca488
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 3:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by onila(f): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by onila(f): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by backtosender: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
thegreatest:
Final proof there are no mud houses in Imo, Anambra state.
rusty roofs and mud houses can only be in North and SW
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by backtosender: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
onila:

And some people think is only in lagos you will find big houses like this one is a pity

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OKKO(m): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
Historians were shock to know that barely after 5 year of civil war and genocide against Igbo they started showing signs of economic survival.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OKKO(m): 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Historians were shock to know that barely after 5 year of civil war and genocide against Igbo they started showing signs of economic survival. They are just resilient, with Awolowo's £2 policy they had to own best properties in Nigeria few years after.

4 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by peleson: 8:32am On Nov 22, 2014
Opobo kingdom known as Small london in Rivers state!

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by peleson: 9:16am On Nov 22, 2014
More pix with culture and tourism!!! Enjoy

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 22, 2014
all4naija:
To help you have better understanding of what I mean by village here. I posted an image below. However, I am waiting to see pictures of your village houses posted here.

Thank you.

this goes to show how myopic u 're. ..U think a place have to be littered with mud house for it to pass as village. goodness me...How old 're u...
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
patmaine:

this goes to show how myopic u 're. ..U think a place have to be littered with mud house for it to pass as village. goodness me...How old 're u...
Jeez! Those are how village houses are in Nigeria including East. They are virtually red mud houses.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 26, 2014
all4naija:
Jeez! Those are how village houses are in Nigeria including East. They are virtually red mud houses.

its not true..the only mud house in my community in nnewi is a one room upstairs built 1912. it's owned by d obi of my community via his ancestors..then u need to see the houses scattered around it...
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2014
patmaine:

its not true..the only mud house in my community in nnewi is a one room upstairs built 1912. it's owned by d obi of my community via his ancestors..then u need to see the houses scattered around it...
Please, stop lying. I have been to Nigeria before and I know how the village houses look like. They are red mud houses with smelling people living inside. That proves there is urgent need to turn things around by encouraging the people to take their bath and clean up their environment. The government can as well provide cheap housing unit for them. Oh, I remember that Nigerian leaders aren't smart enough to think along than line than to steal the wealth of the people. What a shameful thing indeed! Backward human beings! angry
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
all4naija:

Please, stop lying. I have been to Nigeria before and I know how the village houses look like. They are red mud houses with smelling people living inside. That proves there is urgent need to turn things around by encouraging the people to take their bath and clean up their environment. The government can as well provide cheap housing unit for them. Oh, I remember that Nigerian leaders aren't smart enough to think along than line than to steal the wealth of the people. What a shameful thing indeed! Backward human beings! angry

mtcheww..I even think say na person wey dey Nigeria...ur mumucious no get part 2..... did mumucious fit dey post dis shit from d restaurant or hotel Whr him dey wash plate...or toilet...as second rate citizen in wherever you reside..
people who are well to do in d America's and Europe 're back already.. while u poor idi,-otu. 're the wallowing in ur poverty induced ignorance...even non Africans recognize the money spinning investment opportunity in Nigeria while you fool keep lying to urself..
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 12:09am On Nov 27, 2014
Akokwa Imo State

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 12:16am On Nov 27, 2014
Orlu Imo State

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 27, 2014
Tony Ezenna house, the castle

Abagworo:
Akokwa Imo State
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
adeitoro:
Tony Ezenna house, the castle

Very right

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by onila(f): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
Abagworo:

Very right
is he single tongue
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
onila:
is he single tongue

Orange drugs...

delta soap
procold
booska
medik 55
passion energy drink
dat dude is so loaded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.