Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Life In A Muslim House - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Life In A Muslim House (3175 Views)

Why A Muslim Can Never Be President In USA (in Support Of Ben Carson) / Ask A Muslim/somali / Daily Life In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
tpia@:
^we are discussing you, not me.

what are your beliefs concerning the afterlife?

you already know mine, so lets know yours.

we believe that at death, the soul is reborn into the afterlife, and at birth, the soul in the afterlife dies.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

GBAM! YOU SEE BROTHER CAMEROON?!!! YOU ARE GRADUALLY BECOMING A PAGAN PROPHET YOURSELF!

PAGANISM ALLOWS EVEN THE MOST COMMONEST OF PEOPLE TO BECOME PROPHETS AND LEADERS IN THEIR OWN RIGHT!

WOW YOU ARE GETTING ENLIGHTENED! CONGRATZ!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

[i][/i]
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

GBAM! YOU SEE BROTHER CAMEROON?!!! YOU ARE GRADUALLY BECOMING A PAGAN PROPHET YOURSELF!

PAGANISM ALLOWS EVEN THE MOST COMMONEST OF PEOPLE TO BECOME PROPHETS AND LEADERS IN THEIR OWN RIGHT!

WOW YOU ARE GETTING ENLIGHTENED! CONGRATZ!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

thanks bro smiley

I still have a lot to learn from you. wink
Re: Life In A Muslim House by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
dont worry bro. I shall impart as much as I can and Ill pick up some reason from you as well. wink
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
dont worry bro. I shall impart as much as I can and Ill pick up some reason from you as well. wink

ah ah , may the gods help us .

1 Like

Re: Life In A Muslim House by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

ah ah , may the gods help us .

capital "G" bro. its Gods.

every detail matters in our struggle.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Hmmmm
Brothers in paganism. . . . .
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I don't think it concern God whether you use capital letter or whether you did not use capital letter
He have other things to be thinking
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

i apologize
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i apologize
Good grief, is this one âss kissing abi wetin be this? The dude just suggested something he thought would be useful for your struggle so why are you now apologising? Shuo
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
fellis:
Good grief, is this one âss kissing abi wetin be this? The dude just suggested something he thought would be useful for your struggle so why are you now apologising? Shuo
lmao , when i make a mistake i always apologize regardless the person or the importance of the mistake.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by tpia5: 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
pagan do you mind taking a back seat so cameroon can continue our conversation.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: lmao , when i make a mistake i always apologize regardless the person or the importance of the mistake.
Don't do it, it makes you look weak wink
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
fellis:
Don't do it, it makes you look weak wink
and if i follow what you said,it will make me looks how?
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: and if i follow what you said,it will make me looks how?
I dunno. . . . . .ermm. . . .strong?
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
men ain't supposed to take advices from women in public, you are not even supposed to tell me what to do in public and you dare say it will make me strong? anyway i heard you. but i will follow my parents on this one. being polite opens doors. wink
fellis:
I dunno. . . . . .ermm. . . .strong?
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
tpia@:
pagan do you mind taking a back seat so cameroon can continue our conversation.
my ears and eyes are yours. i replied you let me quote it again
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

we believe that at death, the soul is reborn into the afterlife, and at birth, the soul in the afterlife dies.

@tpia
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: [i][color=#990000]men ain't supposed to take advices from women in public, you are not even supposed to tell me what to do in public and you dare say it will make me strong?
LWKMD
Cameroonpride the sexist guy grin

anyway i heard you. but i will follow my parents on this one. being polite opens doors.
Ok, follow your parents advice. There is a proverb that says "what the elder sees sitting down, the child cannot see it while standing on his toes" tongue :p tongue
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
fellis:
LWKMD
Cameroonpride the sexist guy grin

nope, far from it , i'm just sating the truth , when a woman wants to correct a man she ain't supposed to do it in public but behind doors. cool
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

nope, far from it , i'm just sating the truth , when a woman wants to correct a man she ain't supposed to do it in public but behind doors. cool

Yes, but the man is allowed to correct his woman outside and make her look like an idiöt in public.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
fellis:

Yes, but the man is allowed to correct his woman outside and make her look like an idiöt in public.

lwkd. nah i don't think so
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

lwkd. nah i don't think so

But seriously though, if Paganism teaches gender equality then women should also be able to correct men in public.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
fellis:

But seriously though, if Paganism teaches gender equality then women should also be able to correct men in public.
in all honesty i don't think there is worldwide pagan point of view on this. but from my side we believe in equal opportunity , regardless the gender people should receive the same chances to succeed and make something of themselves. however we don't belive in raw equality(a man =a woman) nope we have role in a society and eyes are there to judge us. i don't think you want a clueless man/husband on your side , i don't think you want people to laugh at your husband or you want to humiliate him . our society has no pB with clueless women or women saying/doing something "dumb" but the same soiciety is harsh with men . in few words men are always in competition
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
^^^ Those are just attitudes and beliefs people developed from centuries of believing women are inferior to men.
They will change with time.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
fellis: ^^^ Those are just attitudes and beliefs people developed from centuries of believing women are inferior to men.
They will change with time.
you don't belive in gender role? aren't you an advocate of a child needs his mum for blahhhhh blahhhhh and a child needs his dad for blahh blahhhh? if yes why then?

however i have a question if "let's say wwomen had the upper hands would you still fight for "gender equality"
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
If women had the upper hand I am likely to still be an advocate of gender equality because I am an objective person and I dislike injustice of any kind.
I don't believe in 'gender roles'. Why? Because as humans we are different. Even members of the same gender have different physiologies, different likes and dislikes, and their capabilities are different. You cannot just force certain roles on some people because they are male or female. Societal roles should be earned or chosen and not forced on individuals.
Women bear children, fine, but that doesn't mean that they will be good mothers. Some men are actually better at raising kids than their wives.
Roles should be chosen by individuals, not forced on them by society.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
you are an idealist. it is impossible to make abstraction of the society where you live .sisters don't ask priests why they don't cover their hair> just like muslim women don't ask men why they don't cover their hair tho

video(must see) too funny ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2rL6NDoyKg
Re: Life In A Muslim House by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:51am On Jun 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: in all honesty i don't think there is worldwide pagan point of view on this. but from my side we believe in equal opportunity , regardless the gender people should receive the same chances to succeed and make something of themselves. however we don't belive in raw equality(a man =a woman) nope we have role in a society and eyes are there to judge us. i don't think you want a clueless man/husband on your side , i don't think you want people to laugh at your husband or you want to humiliate him . our society has no pB with clueless women or women saying/doing something "dumb" but the same soiciety is harsh with men . in few words men are always in competition

on point. again its more of a cultural outlook.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2013
fellis:

I don't think it concern God whether you use capital letter or whether you did not use capital letter
He have other things to be thinking

no its not the concern of the God but it is the concern of humans and fellow Narialanders here. ive notcied how narialanders generally type God with capitl G and jesus with capital G, and when there is Gods mentiontioned in the same sentence, it is with small g, just to undermine their importance.

all these details matter. i remember one christian narialander correcting me here once. when i typed Gods, he said it is gods, not Gods.
Re: Life In A Muslim House by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:54am On Jun 26, 2013
fellis:

nah we just have too much respect for each other. wink
Re: Life In A Muslim House by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no its not the concern of the God but it is the concern of humans and fellow Narialanders here. ive notcied how narialanders generally type God with capitl G and jesus with capital G, and when there is Gods mentiontioned in the same sentence, it is with small g, just to undermine their importance.

all these details matter. i remember one christian narialander correcting me here once. when i typed Gods, he said it is gods, not Gods.

Ok I understand but I think people are taking trivialities seriously when they stress that the 'G' must be capital letter. God wouldn't care whether you use upper or lower case letters in writing his name for heaven's sake he would only be interested in your intentions for writing it the way you did.

Some people even take this spelling of god's name to another level entirely, the jews for instance don't spell G.O.D in full, they spell it without the 'O' and put a hyphen in the middle , like this; G-D
That's how the jews spell god. Their reason for doing this is because they don't want god's name to be destroyed along with the paper or book or whatever the name is written on when it suffers damage.

But I get your reasons for using a capital g though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalanders: What Is The Meaning Of "YES" In Igbo. I Beg Una / . / Some Funny Warri Parables - By Rapmoney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.