Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Silent Development In The Southeast!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silent Development In The Southeast!!! (3599 Views)

Reasons Why the Southeast wants Niger delta to join Biafra at all cost / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by patrick89(m): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Here is another one

CPG obtained a generating license from NERC in September 2012 to develop a 495MW powerplant on 31.9Ha of land owned by CPG. The company hired AF-Consult Switzerland to be the Owner’s Engineer for the project. AF-Consult completed the conceptual design for the plant in December 2012, and completed the tender documents for EPC Selection in March 2013. These documents areavailable for interested EPC bidders to download directly from this website, or from the company's Lagos or Abuja offices.
The project is being developed in 3 phases. The first phase, comprising of 495MW, will become operational in 2015.
Phase 1:Construction of a gas fired power plant in an Open Cycle Gas Turbine (OCGT) configuration, with a power output of approximately 495MW (at ISO conditions) by September 2015.
Phase 2: Extension of the OCGT to a combinedcycle gas turbine (CCGT) configuration with a nominal power capacity of approximately 750MW (at ISO conditions), through the addition of HRSG and steam turbines.
Phase 3: Installation of a second CCGT with additional capacity of 750MW (at ISO conditions) to arrive at a plant with a total output of 1500MW (at ISO conditions).
The entire 1500MW capacity is scheduled to be completed by 2018.
Plant Location
The plant site1 is a 31.9 hectares of virgin landwholly owned by CPG, and is situated along the Onitsha–Owerri express road, approximately 25km from the Oguta gas fields, about 15km from Nnewi (one of Nigeria’s major industrial and economic centers), and 25km from Onitsha (another major economic area).
The Project site is bordered on the East by the Ulasi River and on the West by the Onitsha-Owerri express road. It is important to note that Hammakopp Consortium’s base (the Nestoil Groups’ civil construction subsidiary) islocated directly opposite CPG-Okija IPP’s site, on the other side of the Owerri-Onitsha express road. This makes it extremely easy for mobilization to the plant site to perform site preparation and civil works required for the Project.
Milestones Accomplished
Own 31.9 Ha of land specifically for the CPG-Okija IPP.
Obtained a generating license for CPG-Okija IPP.
Cleared by the Federal Ministry of Environment.
Signed on AfDB as the lead financial arranger for the project.
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by Expensive72(m): 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
Good project, hope to see more of such project in alaigbo, which I believe will hastene the industrialization of our region. This is the time for we igbos to develop our own region to stemed the influx of our youth to that hellhole called lagos believing that there's gold to pick from the street, with little or no knowledge that there's nothing they.

3 Likes

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by patrick89(m): 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by patrick89(m): 11:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Expensive72: Good project, hope to see more of such project in alaigbo, which I believe will hastene the industrialization of our region. This is the time for we igbos to develop our own region to stemed the influx of our youth to that hellhole called lagos believing that there's gold to pick from the street, with little or no knowledge that there's nothing they.

I totally agree with you, when I saw this project I was like "wooow" and its coming from a Son of the soil, nestoil owner I guess"
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by IGBOSON1: 12:20am On Jun 25, 2013
I've noticed that big investments/projects in the South East are mainly driven by private venture capital.....which is a good thing as there's a better chance said projects would be run efficiently and not left to decay as we've seen with most gov't run establishments in the past. This is different from what you find with some other states that are a bit better off financially (as per federal allocation, 13% derivation, and huge IGR receipts), and can afford huge budget projects like 5-star hotels, power plants, rail transportation, airports and the like.....though some of these states have seen the wisdom in contracting out the management of these projects to reputable private companies that have the requisite experience; kinda like we see with Akwa Ibom and the new 5-star hotel they're building.

I believe we in the South East haven't tapped into even 5% of capabilities for big budget investments; especially by way of the stock market or a sovereign wealth fund which all Igbos (at home and in diaspora) would be required to buy into depending on their ability/networth. We could raise billions of dollars this way, to be invested in critical projects that would place our region on a positive footing for economic prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by Nightshift(m): 12:33am On Jun 25, 2013
A new marshal plan initiated by Umuigbo will soon unleash the kind of development USA's one did for Germany after the second world war. Unto your tent, oh Israel!!

2 Likes

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by EASTSIDAZ: 6:41am On Jun 25, 2013
This is a huge stride. Obi's request for Anambrans to face home front is paying off massively. Nestoil is from Ihiala..I think so..

2 Likes

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by patrick89(m): 6:59am On Jun 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I've noticed that big investments/projects in the South East are mainly driven by private venture capital.....which is a good thing as there's a better chance said projects would be run efficiently and not left to decay as we've seen with most gov't run establishments in the past. This is different from what you find with some other states that are a bit better off financially (as per federal allocation, 13% derivation, and huge IGR receipts), and can afford huge budget projects like 5-star hotels, power plants, rail transportation, airports and the like.....though some of these states have seen the wisdom in contracting out the management of these projects to reputable private companies that have the requisite experience; kinda like we see with Akwa Ibom and the new 5-star hotel they're building.

I believe we in the South East haven't tapped into even 5% of capabilities for big budget investments; especially by way of the stock market or a sovereign wealth fund which all Igbos (at home and in diaspora) would be required to buy into depending on their ability/networth. We could raise billions of dollars this way, to be invested in critical projects that would place our region on a positive footing for economic prosperity.

GBAM!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by Librate(m): 7:24am On Jun 25, 2013
highly appreciated
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by kross01(m): 7:40am On Jun 25, 2013
interesting to note that hamakop have long mobilized to this site and as we speak, they've commenced prelimnary works on the project site.
@ EASTSIDAZ; he is from okija & situating the project in his home town
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by asha80(m): 7:46am On Jun 25, 2013
kross_01: interesting to note that hamakop have long mobilized to this site and as we speak, they've commenced prelimnary works on the project site.
@ EASTSIDAZ; he is from okija & situating the project in his home town
it seems you have info about this project.

1 Like

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by kross01(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2013
asha 80: it seems you have info about this project.
depends on the info you mean sir
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by Emperor007: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2013
Good move and and would encourage others to start thinking.

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by austinkenneth: 10:13am On Jun 25, 2013
All hands should better be on deck to ensure this succeeds instead of the ongoing zerosum game of positioning and re-positioning for 2015.
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by kettykin: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2013
Lack of Electricity and the unwillingness of the Government to provide Electricity was why the post civil war industrial Revolution of the 80s when Aba produced and replicated just about most things that were imported into the country and Nnewi grew the Auto parts manufacturing Business to another dimension with GMO group in Onitsha Unleashing an unprecedented yet to be matched Conglomerate manufacturing revolution .

If the post Civil war Industrial Revolution continued unhindered, Nigeria would have been among the first 20 economies, with every body including the Northerners represented by Abacha, IBB and Abdulsalami who killed the power sectors and yorubas
Represented by Obasanjo (who wasted $16B on the power sector with virtually nothing to show for it after 15 years )and Jospeh Makoku (the Longest serving NEPA C.E.O) who refused to revive the power sector benefiting, while the east would have been at par with Malasia, China , Ukraine and Indonesia in Industrial and technological capacities

It is beginning to dawn on me that the lack of enthusiasm of succeeding Governments to liberalize the power sector then just as the did the Banking industry and later the Telecommunication industry was more of a deliberate and calculated action than an oversight.

The present Industrial re awakening must be sustained with a very good financial outlay from Banks home and abroad for investments in Key industrial sectors, a very good Research and Development program by the companies , Universities and Government institutions, the provision of a Deep Sea port within the Niger Delta Areas for Evacuation of Exports from the Eastern based factories and industries, an International Airport in the East for easy access with the international community. Some Government incentives for Local Manufacturers of goods e.g 5 year tax free , zero import duty for machinery and very high tariff for those importing goods manufactured locally e.t.c massive investment in infrastructures like railway , drainage, roads, water supply by the local , state and federal Governments.

The East should jealously Guard their new found industrial heritage and aim to beat Asians in meeting the American Government instituted Growth and Opportunity Acts (AGOA)

5 Likes

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by patrick89(m): 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
kettykin: Lack of Electricity and the unwillingness of the Government to provide Electricity was why the post civil war industrial Revolution of the 80s when Aba produced and replicated just about most things that were imported into the country and Nnewi grew the Auto parts manufacturing Business to another dimension with GMO group in Onitsha Unleashing an unprecedented yet to be matched Conglomerate manufacturing revolution .

If the post Civil war Industrial Revolution continued unhindered, Nigeria would have been among the first 20 economies, with every body including the Northerners represented by Abacha, IBB and Abdulsalami who killed the power sectors and yorubas
Represented by Obasanjo (who wasted $16B on the power sector with virtually nothing to show for it after 15 years )and Jospeh Makoku (the Longest serving NEPA C.E.O) who refused to revive the power sector benefiting, while the east would have been at par with Malasia, China , Ukraine and Indonesia in Industrial and technological capacities

It is beginning to dawn on me that the lack of enthusiasm of succeeding Governments to liberalize the power sector then just as the did the Banking industry and later the Telecommunication industry was more of a deliberate and calculated action than an oversight.

The present Industrial re awakening must be sustained with a very good financial outlay from Banks home and abroad for investments in Key industrial sectors, a very good Research and Development program by the companies , Universities and Government institutions, the provision of a Deep Sea port within the Niger Delta Areas for Evacuation of Exports from the Eastern based factories and industries, an International Airport in the East for easy access with the international community. Some Government incentives for Local Manufacturers of goods e.g 5 year tax free , zero import duty for machinery and very high tariff for those importing goods manufactured locally e.t.c massive investment in infrastructures like railway , drainage, roads, water supply by the local , state and federal Governments.

The East should jealously Guard their new found industrial heritage and aim to beat Asians in meeting the American Government instituted Growth and Opportunity Acts (AGOA)

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by EkoIle1: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
lol @ silent...

smh...

1 Like

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by redsquare(m): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
This company that is located in Okija, is it owned by our Okija _Juju?

1 Like

Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by Zonacom(m): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
EASTSIDAZ: This is a huge stride. Obi's request for Anambrans to face home front is paying off massively. Nestoil is from Ihiala..I think so..
Chino i disagree with you here. Stop praising obi at every slightest opportunity. Come to think of it, what private investment (i mean something big) of obi's is situated in anambra, or even the southeast?
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by patrick89(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile: lol @ silent...

smh...
Nothing good can come from you!.......#fact!
Your 10megawatt at AlAUSA isn't enough to even power my poultry!!
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by patrick89(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
redsquare: This company that is located in Okija, is it owned by our Okija _Juju?
Noo but the owner is from okija, son of the soil
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by EASTSIDAZ: 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
Zona.com:

Chino i disagree with you here. Stop praising obi at every slightest opportunity. Come to think of it, what private investment (i mean something big) of obi's is situated in anambra, or even the southeast?

Next International has its regional headquarters in Onitsha..Modebe Avenue to be precise.

http://www.nextintl.net/mgt.htm
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by asha80(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2013
kross_01:
depends on the info you mean sir
you said hamakop has mobilized to site.that means you have info on what is going on.
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by billante(m): 11:06am On Aug 09, 2013
asha 80: you said hamakop has mobilized to site.that means you have info on what is going on.

The project was on the papers last week asking for contractors that will construct transmission lines from the okija plant to nnewi and onitsha sub stations to submit interest!

Ernest azudialu(nestoil) is putting down 50% of the money while african development bank(AFD)is bringing the rest!
Hamakorp a civil construction company that is part of the nestoil group has been mobilised to do d civil works.....the first phase of 450MW is expected to fire its turbines by last quarter of 2014, the other 1000MW will follow suit in subsequent phases!

What am excited about the project is that it is coming from a serious business man that has the capital to actualize the project in record time(that guy dropped the whole 20 something billion naira cash to julius berger to build his nestoil 20 storey building headquarters in Victoria island....this one no be mobilization fee rubbish...the whole contract money cash)....and this plant when completed will energies the whole of anambra industrial/residential energy consumption needs for years to come.
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by asha80(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2013
billante:

The project was on the papers last week asking for contractors that will construct transmission lines from the okija plant to nnewi and onitsha sub stations to submit interest!

Ernest azudialu(nestoil) is putting down 50% of the money while african development bank(AFD)is bringing the rest!
Hamakorp a civil construction company that is part of the nestoil group has been mobilised to do d civil works.....the first phase of 450MW is expected to fire its turbines by last quarter of 2014, the other 1000MW will follow suit in subsequent phases!

What am excited about the project is that it is coming from a serious business man that has the capital to actualize the project in record time(that guy dropped the whole 20 something billion naira cash to julius berger to build his nestoil 20 storey building headquarters in Victoria island....this one no be mobilization fee rubbish...the whole contract money cash)....and this plant when completed will energies the whole of anambra industrial/residential energy consumption for years to come.
i actually know azudialu is a no nonsense biz man but the advert about contractors that would lay transmission wires to nnewi and onitsha is it in any online newspaper one can see?
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by billante(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2013
asha 80: i actually know azudialu is a no nonsense biz man but the advert about contractors that would lay transmission wires to nnewi and onitsha is it in any online newspaper one can see?

Not onilne papers, but on guardian,punch and some other dailies advert pages!
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by billante(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2013
asha 80: i actually know azudialu is a no nonsense biz man but the advert about contractors that would lay transmission wires to nnewi and onitsha is it in any online newspaper one can see?

Not on online papers, but on guardian,punch and some other dailies advert pages!
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by asha80(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2013
billante:

Not on online papers, but on guardian,punch and some other dailies advert pages!
i guess we have to be following up on the progress of that venture....and fg should finish up on unbundling of nepa and payment of laid off staffs.
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by billante(m): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
asha 80: i guess we have to be following up on the progress of that venture....and fg should finish up on unbundling of nepa and payment of laid off staffs.

I think by next week payment of laid off staffs should be completed, they are already receiving their bank alerts as we speak!
And deadline for complete payment of the un bundled phcn by the buyers is sept, so by oct all PHCN entities should be operating as an efficient private companies.

Any update on geometric power plant aba? This is august, that plant should be up and running now with at least 23hrs of electricty supply now! Any aba resident on this thread to give us update?
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by asha80(m): 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
billante:

I think by next week payment of laid off staffs should be completed, they are already receiving their bank alerts as we speak!
And deadline for complete payment of the un bundled phcn by the buyers is sept, so by oct all PHCN entities should be operating as an efficient private companies.

Any update on geometric power plant aba? This is august, that plant should be up and running now with at least 23hrs of electricty supply now! Any aba resident on this thread to give us update?
not sure but there was a thread here about geometric laying transmission lines all over aba some weeks ago.i can't post it here now as i am typing with my phone.
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
billante:

....and this plant when completed will energize the whole of anambra industrial/residential energy consumption needs for years to come.
Wow now this is goodnews! Exactly what we need in the SE region of nigeria. We need constant electricity as that can only guarantee an industrialized anambra.
Re: Silent Development In The Southeast!!! by chukjojo(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
You people should just shut up ya fa*king mandibles

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 Election: Rivers PDP May Settle For Wike / A Stranger On A Plane Puts Together A Bouquet And Presents To GEJ / Bombshell: UK Is Now Firmly Against Buhari, See Shocking Details They Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.